PDA

View Full Version : Your bold draft statements!

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 03:28 PM
So put em here:

Last year I told everyone that Tony Hunt and Marcus McCauley would be an all-pro year after year and got a ton of overrated, not instictive talk....and damn i wish i could remember those who did most of the trash talking...cause i'd be eating some serious crow....lol (I did make some good picks that year like Amobi Okoye and Patrick Willis, but I think everyone saw that coming.)

This is your chance to post your bold draft statement for everyone to see. We can refer back to this thread next year and see who will be eating the crow and who will be serving crow.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Get my Crow ready:

1) Curtis Lofton will be one of the best if not the best linebackers in this draft class. I like his size and speed, he is a sure tackler, and has very good skills at the linebacker position.

2) Jonathan Stewart will be the best back of the top 3 in this draft class. Mendenhall and McFadden will both be looking back to Stewart when it is all said and done.

3) Malcom Kelly is the real deal. I think he is the best receiver in this draft class and he will lead all rookie receivers in yards.

4) Ryan Clady will be a bust

5) Luke Dillon will be a special wideout in the NFL.

6) Lavelle Hawkins will be the better Cal wideout.

7) At least two of my predraft sleeper picks will make the pro bowl one of these years.
RB, Thomas Brown (homer pick)
WR, Luke Dillon
LB, Andy Studebaker
S, Bobbie Williams
LB, Jon Banks
WR, Chaz Schilens
WR, Micah Rucker
DE, Brian Johnston
DB, Tierre Green
OL, Shawn McMackin
LB, David Vabora
WR, James Banks
WR, Pierre Garcon
RB, Jonathan Stewart

shank
03-03-2008, 03:33 PM
i still think it's somewhat bold of me to say that darren mcfadden will drop to 12, allowing us more options, which most of us pray shanny will exercise one in the form of trading back, especially if we can get dallas' 2 1sts.

not speculation, a prediction.:salute:

EDIT: oh, i misunderstood.

um...

cromartie will be a pro bowler (great all around corner) despite his size.

(p.s. boss, your stewart prediction isn't very bold lol)

Requiem / The Dagda
03-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Ryan Clady is going to eat Jonathan Stewart.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Kenny Phillips won't drop as far as everyone thinks...and he'll be a frickin stud.

Jeff Otah is gonna anchor somebody's line for a decade or so...assuming health of course.

Jon Goff is gonna be a frickin manchild.

underrated29
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I AGREE about Jstew and also think that the texans get him.

I also think that okam will be a very good player.

I also think comrartie will be the best corner out of this draft.

The rest is in my sig, but since it will change by this time next year.

Devin Thomas is the next larry fitz.
alley braussard will be a pimp if we get him as an UFDA. xavier omon will also be a pimp in our system- somewhere else depends on what teams get them.

fcspikeit
03-03-2008, 08:39 PM
1. Sedrick Ellis, will start and be the best DT taken in this years draft. He will be up for ROY
2. Tom Zbikowski, Will get a fair # of playing time and be a starter going into his 2nd year
3. Trevor Laws, Will be one of the best players coming out of this draft and some will consider him the best DROY
4. Kevin Smith, will impress so much in pre season he will get a fair # of carries and have around 600 yards and a great YPC at the end of the year
5. Jordy Nelson, will be a solid 3rd receiver and have around 55 catches and 6 td's
6. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, will be the best CB taken from this draft and he will be up for DROY

Slick
03-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Owen Schmitt will be an absolute bulldozer.

I'll be jealous of a team that has a 'real' FB.

dogfish
03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Owen Schmitt will be an absolute bulldozer.

I'll be jealous of a team that has a 'real' FB.

QFT

every time i see him play i'll regret that the broncos didn't take him. . .

jonathon stewart and reshard mendenhall will both have better careers than darren mcfadden, regardless of their respective rookie stats. . .

dexter jackson will be a better overall player than desean jackson. . .

this class will not produce an elite quarterback. . .

dominic rogers-cromartie will be the late riser who keeps rising all the way until draft day, when he becomes a top-15 selection and the first DB off the baord. . . .

denver will draft a LB in the 1st round, whether they trade down or stay at 12. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
03-03-2008, 09:47 PM
1. Sedrick Ellis, will start and be the best DT taken in this years draft. He will be up for ROY
2. Tom Zbikowski, Will get a fair # of playing time and be a starter going into his 2nd year
3. Trevor Laws, Will be one of the best players coming out of this draft and some will consider him the best DROY
4. Kevin Smith, will impress so much in pre season he will get a fair # of carries and have around 600 yards and a great YPC at the end of the year
5. Jordy Nelson, will be a solid 3rd receiver and have around 55 catches and 6 td's
6. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, will be the best CB taken from this draft and he will be up for DROY

fcs is a Notre Dame fan

aberdien
03-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Kenny Phillips - Bust
Darren McFadden - Bust

Superchop 7
03-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Phillips - stud

Cromartie- stud

Felix Jones- stud

Okam, Harrison- studs

Schmitt- stud

Dorsey, Balmer, - injury problems will continue

There are so many good tackles it isn't even funny, pick 2 and 1 of them will start the next decade or so. (This is the kind of draft that you give this years 2nd round for next years 1st round, do whatever you can to acquire picks)

Sleeper- Alridge, has the talent to be a returner, a wideout, or running back, let him find his niche. (We could use a stretch the field route burner)

Superchop 7
03-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Phillips - stud

Cromartie- stud

Felix Jones- stud

Okam, Harrison- studs

Schmitt- stud

Dorsey, Balmer, - injury problems will continue

There are so many good tackles it isn't even funny, pick 2 and 1 of them will start the next decade or so. (This is the kind of draft that you acquire someones 2nd round pick for our next years 1st round,...... do whatever you can to acquire picks)

Sleeper- Alridge, has the talent to be a returner, a wideout, or running back, let him find his niche. (We could use a stretch the field route burner)

fcspikeit
03-04-2008, 01:35 AM
fcs is a Notre Dame fan

My buddy all the while growing up was a ND fan, because of that if I catch a game and they are playing I normaly root for them to win. But I believe I only seen a couple of their games this year...

I just really like what I seen from Laws. In every drill at the combine he looked smooth and was always in control.. He has a very good center of gravity..

I like Zbikowski additude. He is all business all the time. Plus I always root for the guys who aren't as naturally gifted but work their tail off to be the best they can. If Zbikowski fails at something it wont be from lack of effort.

When I put my teams together to play volleyball I always look for those type of players. I will take them every time over those who are more gifted but take plays off. If someone on the team is not busting their butt the whole team falls in that slump. It's like a cancer. I'm always saying, focus on the basics and build from there. If you over look the little things that you can control you will never be able to adapt and over come all that you can't.

A good example in football is tackling. Every LB playing the game should know how to tackle! Its basic, no matter how fast you are, when you hit a guy, wrap him up. People always over look the missed tackles and focus on the few big hits or the speed of a LB to get in the backfield. They over look the most basic part of playing defense, stop the freaking ball carrier.

IMO Zbikowski is one of those guys. He will not be the fastest or the strongest, but he will give his all every play and take care of the little things..

CoachChaz
03-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Not much of a limb to say guys like Stewart, Rodgers-Cromartie, Ellis, etc. will be solid.

Retired_Member_001
03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
QFT

every time i see him play i'll regret that the broncos didn't take him. . .

jonathon stewart and reshard mendenhall will both have better careers than darren mcfadden, regardless of their respective rookie stats. . .

dexter jackson will be a better overall player than desean jackson. . .

this class will not produce an elite quarterback. . .

denver will draft a LB in the 1st round, whether they trade down or stay at 12. . .

Yeah I get that feeling to. Whether we take Kieth Rivers at #12 or trade down with Dallas and take someone like Phillip Wheeler is the question. I wanted Jonathan Stewart because I am scared our running back situation will blow up (in a bad way).

Fan in Exile
03-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I think Ellis is going to disappoint his question never was talent it was his motor, and you can't fix at the senior bowl and combine.

Years from now people will be asking, "How did all those great Quarterbacks slip to the second round?"

We aren't going to take Clady in the first, we'll be looking for a RT to come in.

atwater27
03-04-2008, 11:05 AM
1. Denver will trade down and pick Sims or Balmer.
2. the 2nd pick will be a linebacker. (unless Otah is available)
3. The draft will be all defense save for 1 lineman and maybe a kick returner.

SoCoPoCo
03-06-2008, 07:40 AM
**Denver will draft someone in either of the 1st two rounds that no one on this board has yet even considered to be at that level. Call it the symptoms of the TD hangover, but the diamond-in-the-rough success that we've had in the past now haunts our drafts. We constantly reach for the players who - for various circumstances - fall. "George Foster would have been a top 10 pick if not for XX injury"..."Marcus Thomas would have been a top 5 pick if not for the fact he was kicked off his college team"...etc. I realize reaches are made by every team in one way or another, it just seems we tend to try to find the steals every round and it ends up costing us. Oh, and we spent a 3rd on some RB from Ohio State who had gone through some issues and subsequently saw his stock drop.
Book it - one of our top two picks will cause everyone to run to this board to look for Boss' post while collectively saying 'who'?

claymore
03-06-2008, 07:52 AM
My Bold statement.

One selectee will end up in the Pro Football hall of fame. And this will go down as one best Bronco drafts ever.

lex
03-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Josh Johnson and Paul Smith will do well, especially Josh Johnson.

Jeremy Zuttah will make some team very happy.

One of the taller VT WRs will do very well.

Sam Baker will not pan out or will be average at best.

Lavelle Hawkins will make some team very happy as a 2nd WR.

Desean Jackson will be the worst WR of the smallish fast guys including: Royal, Avery and Dexter Jackson.

Im also not feeling Philip Wheeler.

Lonestar
03-06-2008, 02:04 PM
My Bold statement.

One selectee will end up in the Pro Football hall of fame. And this will go down as one best Bronco drafts ever.

Not expecting much are you? Other than the class of 2006. It does not take much to break the rest of them..

Npba900
03-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I think McFadden will be a Bust! He will not be a strong runer inside the tackles, due to the fact of his skinny legs. Also, McFadden does have a history of fummbling, mainly due to his inabiltiy to switch the ball to the other hand.

He also has had several run ins with the law or was named as a suspect or participant of public fighting in clubs. He could be a miniture Pacman Jones with character issues.

Broncospsycho77
03-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Darren McFadden will post Reggie Bush-like stats his first year. After that, anything is possible... both sides of the spectrum.

There is no way the Broncos stay at slot 12. Again, we will make our annual "Laughing stock of the NFL" pick, whether it be someone who mirrors Clarett or someone who sucks as much as Foster.

Heard it here.

turftoad
03-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Not expecting much are you? Other than the class of 2006. It does not take much to break the rest of them..

Man, no kidding. I just went to NFL.com to revisit our draft history. Pretty lame.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1400&type=team

MHCBill
03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Denver will trade all of their picks for next year #1's and #2's...

How's that for a bold draft statement?

turftoad
03-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Man, no kidding. I just went to NFL.com to revisit our draft history. Pretty lame.

If we're thinking of building through the draft we better start signing some FA's. :D

Fan in Exile
03-06-2008, 03:46 PM

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/den.htm

If you check out here it also shows games played, years started, pro bowls and all pros. It's pretty sad all the way back.

dogfish
03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
shanahan will reach for someone so badly he'll need shoulder surgery afterwards. . . .

oh wait, nothing bold about that prediction. . .

broncohead
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
We won't stay at 12.

Retired_Member_001
03-06-2008, 04:38 PM
shanahan will reach for someone so badly he'll need shoulder surgery afterwards. . . .

oh wait, nothing bold about that prediction. . .

:laugh:

Good one Dogfish!

dogfish
03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
alright, i need to alter one of my original predictions-- instead of linebacker in the 1st round, i am now predicting that we'll spend out two 1st day picks on safety and wide receiver. . . .

shank
03-06-2008, 08:02 PM
alright, i need to alter one of my original predictions-- instead of linebacker in the 1st round, i am now predicting that we'll spend out two 1st day picks on safety and wide receiver. . . .

i could deal with malcolm kelly+reggie smith/dajuan morgan i guess...

other routes i'd rather take, but i could live with it.

Fan in Exile
03-26-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm guessing right now that we don't take a LB before round five.

Lonestar
03-26-2008, 05:33 PM

mikey will take that bet, maybe even PAT if the money is high enough he is trying to stay afloat.

topscribe
03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Ellis will slide to #12, and the Broncos will snatch him up.

Stewart will be selected #3 among the "big three," where the Chargers will
grab him. He will proceed to torment the Broncos for the next five years or so.

McFadden will be selected first, but will be an also-ran in the pros, while
Stewart and Mendenhall will excel.

Whoever drafts Clady (I hope it's not the Broncos) will find out what the
Broncos went through with Foster.

The Chiefs will grab Ryan, where he will be the next in their line of busts.

The Raiders will be the ones who end up with McFadden. :lol: :nixon:

-----

Tned
03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
The Broncos will select an RB with their first pick and while the fans will initially be all giddy about how it wasn't the back with the 'character' issues, he will be a bust while McFadden goes on to be a perennial contender for the rushing title.

turftoad
03-26-2008, 06:08 PM
The Broncos will select an RB with their first pick and while the fans will initially be all giddy about how it wasn't the back with the 'character' issues, he will be a bust while McFadden goes on to be a perennial contender for the rushing title.

Must be talking about Stewart. :heh:

Fan in Exile
03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
mikey will take that bet, maybe even PAT if the money is high enough he is trying to stay afloat.

I may be wrong, I may be foolish even, but I will never believe that you know what the FO is going to do.

Lonestar
03-26-2008, 06:47 PM
I may be wrong, I may be foolish even, but I will never believe that you know what the FO is going to do.

It was JOKE, especially about PAT taking the bet IF the bet was enough to help the cash flow..:salute:

tubby
03-26-2008, 07:59 PM

Building a SB Champ is all I can figure.

honz
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Matt Ryan will be bust-tastic.
If any teams passes on Stewart because of his "injury", they will be sorry for years to come.
McFadden will NOT be a bust.
And...with the 12th pick in the NFL draft the Denv...I mean...Mike Shannahan's select Jonathan Stewart out of Oregon.

tubby
03-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Jerod Mayo is the next Al Wilson

Cutis Lofton is the next Zach Thomas

slim
03-26-2008, 08:37 PM
McFadden will be a bust. Mendenhall is the best RB in this draft.

shank
03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
i'd crap myself if ellis was there at 12...

i don't know how you can say that mcfadden will be a great RB when all signs are pointing to him going to the raiders at this point tned! and if they do take him, and he's great, then i'm going to personally hold you accountable.

the broncos will select flacco in the 2nd to spite the bears.

slim
03-26-2008, 08:40 PM
The Broncos will take Mendenhall at 12

SmilinAssasSin27
03-26-2008, 08:53 PM
I will be happy for all the Vols drafted...unless they go to Oakland or KC. Then I'll feel bad for them.

tubby
03-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Todd Blythe rules

slim
03-26-2008, 10:00 PM
It is baseball season...just saying.

dogfish
03-26-2008, 10:07 PM
It is baseball season...just saying.

exactly. . . man, i can't wait for the draft!

Tned
03-27-2008, 07:34 AM
exactly. . . man, i can't wait for the draft!

Which one? The big ole NFL draft, or those little Fantasy MLB drafts popping up left or right? I have two drafts on the 5th. Not looking forward to them.

LRtagger
03-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Chris Johnson will have at least one kick/punt return for a TD next year and will also have at least one rushing TD greater than 60 yards.

HolyDiver
03-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Get my Crow ready:

1) Curtis Lofton will be one of the best if not the best linebackers in this draft class. I like his size and speed, he is a sure tackler, and has very good skills at the linebacker position.

2) Jonathan Stewart will be the best back of the top 3 in this draft class. Mendenhall and McFadden will both be looking back to Stewart when it is all said and done.

3) Malcom Kelly is the real deal. I think he is the best receiver in this draft class and he will lead all rookie receivers in yards.

4) Ryan Clady will be a bust

5) Luke Dillon will be a special wideout in the NFL.

6) Lavelle Hawkins will be the better Cal wideout.

I like Lofton too...............But I would take Mendenhall over Stewart. Jamie Silva will become a solid safety................James Hardy and Limas Sweed will rise faster than the other Wide Receivers. Trevor Laws is very close to Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey as far as talent and having the potential to be a Pro Bowler. Also, Pat Sims is a very good DT.

CoachChaz
03-27-2008, 08:59 AM
I like Lofton too...............But I would take Mendenhall over Stewart. Jamie Silva will become a solid safety................James Hardy and Limas Sweed will rise faster than the other Wide Receivers. Trevor Laws is very close to Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey as far as talent and having the potential to be a Pro Bowler. Also, Pat Sims is a very good DT.

You made one retarded comment...the rest was common sense.

HolyDiver
03-27-2008, 09:22 AM
You made one retarded comment...the rest was common sense.

Hopefully we'll draft him and I can throw this back in your face.

CoachChaz
03-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Hopefully we'll draft him and I can throw this back in your face.

Short, slow and couldn't cover a defensive tackle on a pass route. Yeah...he'd be a great pick.

lex
03-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Short, slow and couldn't cover a defensive tackle on a pass route. Yeah...he'd be a great pick.

Obviously he has deficiencies otherwise he wouldnt be slotted as a 5th or 6th round pick. But you act as though theres nothing that he does well. I dont know what will become of him but when I watch games where he plays, he's all over the field, so obviously he has some great read/react/play recognition. Im not sure its enough to compensate for the deficiencies you pointed out but for a 5th or 6th round pick, he wouldnt make an awful pick.

CoachChaz
03-27-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't recall saying that he wouldn't get drafted or make an NFL roster. I simply challenged HD's comment that he would be a SOLID safety. Now, if the definition of SOLID is simply mediocre and a warm body to fill a spot...then I stand corrected. But id SOLID means a good player that will make a recognizable contribution, then I stand by my comment.

Please pay attention to the context of the discussion.

lex
03-27-2008, 10:27 AM
I don't recall saying that he wouldn't get drafted or make an NFL roster. I simply challenged HD's comment that he would be a SOLID safety. Now, if the definition of SOLID is simply mediocre and a warm body to fill a spot...then I stand corrected. But id SOLID means a good player that will make a recognizable contribution, then I stand by my comment.

Please pay attention to the context of the discussion.

What context? He thinks theres enough positive to outweigh the negative and all you did was list the negative without addressing what he sees as a positive. You could actually even say your reply didnt interface with his comment for that reason. So, what context? This is what I was addressing. I dont think I was being unfair by isolating it.

CoachChaz
03-27-2008, 10:59 AM
What context? He thinks theres enough positive to outweigh the negative and all you did was list the negative without addressing what he sees as a positive. You could actually even say your reply didnt interface with his comment for that reason. So, what context? This is what I was addressing. I dont think I was being unfair by isolating it.

He didn't address anything. His comment simply said that Silva would be a solid safety. It said no more...no less. He never listed any positives, all he said was he wanted to throw it in my face.

How you can derive a complete explanation of what he is thinking and how he evaluates Silva out of that is either insane or incredible. I know which way I lean.

shank
03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
silva's slow, but his instincts are good enough to have netted him 14 picks in college, 8 last season... he's also very good against the run, 125 tackles last season.

he may not be a great athlete, but he's one of those guys who just seems to get it done, and is in the right place at the right time, maybe chalk it up to his smarts.

i think he could easily become a starter in this league.

CoachChaz
03-27-2008, 01:15 PM
silva's slow, but his instincts are good enough to have netted him 14 picks in college, 8 last season... he's also very good against the run, 125 tackles last season.

he may not be a great athlete, but he's one of those guys who just seems to get it done, and is in the right place at the right time, maybe chalk it up to his smarts.

i think he could easily become a starter in this league.

Well, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll admit it. In the NFL, heart really only gets you so far.

dogfish
03-27-2008, 02:32 PM
i like silva, he's a tough, productive college player. . . but after running in the 4.8 range at both the combine and his pro day i won't be surprised if he doesn't get drafted. . . measurables certainly aren't everything, but c'mon! no matter their heart and instincts, some guys just don't have the physical ability to excell at the next level, and a DB with a 4.8 40 has career special teamer written all over him, IMO. . . sorry. . . .

CoachChaz
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
i like silva, he's a tough, productive college player. . . but after running in the 4.8 range at both the combine and his pro day i won't be surprised if he doesn't get drafted. . . measurables certainly aren't everything, but c'mon! no matter their heart and instincts, some guys just don't have the physical ability to excell at the next level, and a DB with a 4.8 40 has career special teamer written all over him, IMO. . . sorry. . . .

That's my point. Wanna know what value is placed on heart? Watch Rudy. You can have all the heart in the world, but if you can run or cover...it doesn't get you too far.

BOSSHOGG30
03-27-2008, 02:43 PM
I like the kid from LSU he will be a good safety too.

lex
03-27-2008, 04:05 PM

Well if you get something good from a 5th or 6th, thats not bad even if its only on special teams. If he can provide depth at S and be a capable ST player thats good...plus if he is a good character guy, thats a plus for a 5th rounder.

lex
03-27-2008, 04:54 PM
He didn't address anything. His comment simply said that Silva would be a solid safety. It said no more...no less. He never listed any positives, all he said was he wanted to throw it in my face.

How you can derive a complete explanation of what he is thinking and how he evaluates Silva out of that is either insane or incredible. I know which way I lean.

Wow, I cant believe you think he is saying he could be "solid" without doing anything well. Talk about insane and incredible.

tubby
03-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow, I cant believe you think he is saying he could be "solid" without doing anything well. Talk about insane and incredible.

Just let it go already.

shank
03-28-2008, 12:36 AM
That's my point. Wanna know what value is placed on heart? Watch Rudy. You can have all the heart in the world, but if you can run or cover...it doesn't get you too far.

iirc rudy played one down and got a sack.

that's the most productive player EVER.

plus, our team has lots of talent. they showed a few times last year that we have a shortage of heart.

dogfish
03-28-2008, 01:24 AM
iirc rudy played one down and got a sack.

that's the most productive player EVER.

yea, but what happens the next week once they've got some film on him?

plus, our team has lots of talent. they showed a few times last year that we have a shortage of heart.

there's no reason you can't draft players with both. . . but if a guy doesn't have a certain base amount of skill, all the heart in the world isn't going to help when receivers and tight ends are running past him and he just can't keep up. . . i agree completely that we need more heart and grit, but i'm a long ways from convinced that our talent level is anything special-- in fact, i'm convinced that it's NOT. . .

shank
03-28-2008, 12:34 PM
yea, but what happens the next week once they've got some film on him?

there's no reason you can't draft players with both. . . but if a guy doesn't have a certain base amount of skill, all the heart in the world isn't going to help when receivers and tight ends are running past him and he just can't keep up. . . i agree completely that we need more heart and grit, but i'm a long ways from convinced that our talent level is anything special-- in fact, i'm convinced that it's NOT. . .

agreed. was playing devil's advocate and had to nail him on the rudy example lol.

i'm not advocating for silva, but think he would contribute to our team if we took him in a late round, most likely as a ST guy, but there are lots of slow safeties/linebackers, but if they have good enough instincts than they can still make plays. not comparing silva to lynch at all, but they play in the same style, not fast, but smart enough to see where the play is going ahead of time. silva actually seems to have the opposable thumbs that lynch is lacking to catch a football though lol. get lynch some stick 'em

Superchop 7
12-17-2008, 02:11 AM
Just reminiscing

Fan in Exile
12-19-2008, 08:45 AM

I got one prediction right, so there's no need to go looking at my other post where I'm an idiot. :cool:

underrated29
12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
lol.

I am guessing right now that if we dont get a SOLID LB in FA we will take 1 within our first 2 picks.

D1g1tal j1m
12-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Has Clady become a bust yet???

fcspikeit
12-19-2008, 06:57 PM

Without researching, I would say I was pretty close on 4,5 and 6, There could be an argument made for # 1 too.

Laws got hurt early so there is no way of knowing what he could have done if he were healthy, And I'm not sure about Zbikowski? Has he even played this year?

By the way, I hit edit instead of quote, I didn't change anything I wrote from before..

SmilinAssasSin27
12-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Kenny Phillips won't drop as far as everyone thinks...and he'll be a frickin stud.

Jeff Otah is gonna anchor somebody's line for a decade or so...assuming health of course.

Jon Goff is gonna be a frickin manchild.

OK...so Phillips did drop, but still a stud

Panthers LOVE Otah, but he has missed some time.

I think Goff is hurt.

Broncospsycho77
12-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Darren McFadden will post Reggie Bush-like stats his first year. After that, anything is possible... both sides of the spectrum.

There is no way the Broncos stay at slot 12. Again, we will make our annual "Laughing stock of the NFL" pick, whether it be someone who mirrors Clarett or someone who sucks as much as Foster.

Heard it here.

Huh. Wrong.

To my defense, I didn't think McFad would have gone where he did. Maybe I should have added an "unless he gets drafted by the Raiders" corollary.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I think we should make this an annual thing.

Over time I've been dead on about Merriman, D'Qwell Jackson, DeAngelo Williams, Cutler, and a few more. I'll also take credit for calling sleepers like Vincent Jackson and Jason Hatcher.

I've also been way off about Alex Smith, Michael Huff and RaShaun Woods. I'm sure there are more...

D1g1tal j1m
12-23-2008, 07:57 PM
I think we should make this an annual thing.

Over time I've been dead on about Merriman, D'Qwell Jackson, DeAngelo Williams, Cutler, and a few more. I'll also take credit for calling sleepers like Vincent Jackson and Jason Hatcher.

I've also been way off about Alex Smith, Michael Huff and RaShaun Woods. I'm sure there are more...

You are just like Mel Kiper! Quick, buy some serious hair gel and slick your locks back and submit your resume to ESPN. Draft guru is in your future. Just remember that you are never off it just that the players didn't focus hard enough and it's their own fault.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-23-2008, 08:00 PM
sounds just like the inmates I work with...

CoachChaz
12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
I love the argument over Jamie Silva. Hmmm...where is he now? Jacksonville practice squad, last I heard

SmilinAssasSin27
12-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Actually he is on Indy's roster and made at least a tackle in 11 games. Not great, but far from the Jax practice squad. Pretty sure I saw him on ST when the Colts were on TV. I still like him. I liked him as a later round guy who has the smarts. He'd have been a project, but he is a football player...besides, are we sure he couldn't have started in Denver?

topscribe
12-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Whatever happened to BossHogg, anyway? :look:

-----

SmilinAssasSin27
12-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I dunno. I'm not in the loop as far as the arguments/feuds go around here.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-24-2008, 05:34 PM
By the way...what's w/ the bash Assassin game? I wrote that I have been right and wrong. What's w/ all the hate? I know some don't like that others like the draft and having opinions on players, but that is your issue. I enjoy the banter and doing the mocks. So what? Get over yourselves and just let people enjoy what they like to do. It's an online chatroom folks. Noone thinks Shanny is reading this and it's really a secret tryout.

BTW...some is carryover from comments made last offseason. Some people apparently aren't happy unless they can ridicule others.

lex
12-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Josh Johnson and Paul Smith will do well, especially Josh Johnson.

Jeremy Zuttah will make some team very happy.

One of the taller VT WRs will do very well.

Sam Baker will not pan out or will be average at best.

Lavelle Hawkins will make some team very happy as a 2nd WR.

Desean Jackson will be the worst WR of the smallish fast guys including: Royal, Avery and Dexter Jackson.

Im also not feeling Philip Wheeler.

Mine were kind of mediocre. Zuttah has done ok. Baker hasnt done poorly but he has also been injured which was one of his red flags. SF was excited about Josh Morgan at the beginning of the year so time will tell on him. DeSean Jackson has done well but so have Avery and Royal. Im not sure if Wheeler has done much this year. The Qbs I commented on cant be evaluated yet.