PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno vs. Shonne Greene

Overtime
01-24-2010, 03:32 PM
so which of you still thinks we shoulda taken Moreno over Greene?

Statistically Moreno had a better season, but Greene is still playing in January, and he's been quite the difference maker for the Jets.

He's physical and he punishes defenders. Moreno is soft and can't knock anyone over. he tries to be Barry Sanders, because he can't knock anyone over, and tries too much to do all that juke, and cut crap and finesse nonsense, instead of just lowering his shoulder pads and hitting someone!

Nomad
01-24-2010, 03:37 PM
It would be easier to evaluate if they both were able to play behind solid olines (which favors Greene), but from what I've seen Greene is solid!!

Northman
01-24-2010, 03:39 PM
The Jets arent in the playoffs specifically because of Greene. However, i always did like Greene over Moreno just because of the physicality you speak of OT.

LordTrychon
01-24-2010, 03:41 PM
I like Greene, but seriously...

Your argument is that Moreno isn't as good because he has better stats but isn't still playing?

LordTrychon
01-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Seriously...

Seeing how Moreno had a better year than every other rookie... I think he's ok.

I suppose that Donald Brown is a better RB than Chris Johnson, seeing as he's still playing.

Ziggy
01-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Hmmm, Greene running behind possibly the best offensive line in football........compared to Knowshon being met in the backfield on nearly half of his runs. Give me a break. I like Greene and the way he runs, no doubt, but he has a whole lot more room to run than Knowshon does.

Overtime
01-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Seriously...

Seeing how Moreno had a better year than every other rookie... I think he's ok.

I suppose that Donald Brown is a better RB than Chris Johnson, seeing as he's still playing.

no im saying Greene is the better runner because he's way more physical and doesn't fall down at the first bit of contact.

LordTrychon
01-24-2010, 03:56 PM
no im saying Greene is the better runner because he's way more physical and doesn't fall down at the first bit of contact.

And I'm saying if he was so wonderful, he would have gotten more yards this year.

topscribe
01-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Greene is still playing and Moreno isn't because the Jets had the #1 rushing
defense and the Broncos had the #26. I'm not going to get into a speculation
as to who is the better RB, but I will comment that the Jets had the better OL
this year, too . . .

-----

Mr D
01-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Knowshon's talent/skill warranted a first round pick in every mock draft, by ever single analyst, and probably coach. Greene over Knowshon? This guy was drafted in the 3rd round, drafting him in the 1st was not going to happen.

Hind sight ... hind sight.

This guy ran a 4.65 and is short... you don't think other teams would ****'d up when they passed on him?

And that oline is great...

CrazyHorse
01-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Greene is a one trick pony, Moreno can be a compllete back like LT - run, catch, block.

silkamilkamonico
01-24-2010, 05:36 PM
LMAO

For the 15th pick in the draft? Neither.

Last year was a terrible year for RB's.

Overtime
01-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I didn't say anything about drafting Greene in the 1st round. Moreno was a wasted draft pick.

Poet
01-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Greene is playing on a run first team that has four number one draft picks on the offensive line.

I'm not saying Moreno will be the better back, but most people expected Moreno to have the better career.

Mr D
01-24-2010, 10:30 PM
I didn't say anything about drafting Greene in the 1st round. Moreno was a wasted draft pick.

yeah, after 1 year, completely. :rolleyes:

topscribe
01-24-2010, 11:22 PM
yeah, after 1 year, completely. :rolleyes:

Exactly the point I've been trying to make.

You don't judge a player's career by his rookie year. You just don't.

-----

Hoser
01-25-2010, 12:45 AM
First I'd like to point out the Jets O-line has 3 Pro Bowlers and a top fullback.

Secondly, saying he can't run anybody over, or doesn't lower his shoulder and hit somebody, is rather ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

There's a decent highlight vid of him from this year. He's clearly a guy who loves to finish his runs, lower his shoulder, and hit a guy in the mouth. I think as we improve our run blocking next year, Knowshon will have a much better season.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRLfLAELdU&feature=related

Good NYG highlights

Crush05
01-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Just my opinion. But I feel Knowshon Moreno will have the better career when it is all said and done when both players are finished playing. I do repsect your opinion though OT!!

Hoser
01-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Exactly the point I've been trying to make.

You don't judge a player's career by his rookie year. You just don't.

-----

Definitely agree.

Steve Slaton:
Rookie: 268 carries 1282 yards 4.8 YPC 9 TDs 3 Fumbles
2nd: 131 carries 437 yards 3.3 YPC 3 TDs 7 Fumbles

Matt Forte:
Rookie: 316 carries 1238 yards 3.9 YPC 8 TDs 1 Fumble
2nd: 258 carries 929 yards 3.6 YPC 4 TDs 6 Fumbles

I bet you anything ANYBODY in the NFL would have taken both those guys over Jamaal Charles over last offseason, now a ton of people would take Charles.
You can't judge anybody after 1 year.

GEM
01-25-2010, 01:17 AM

No, actually you did bring up the still playing bs. You got called on it, numerous times. Why don't YOU quit trolling, just because you don't like some of the responses you got to such a ri-friggen-diculous comparison.

Broncolingus
01-25-2010, 01:18 AM
In the spirit of the thread, I'd take Greene if all things were equal.

JMO...

Crush05
01-25-2010, 02:44 AM
In the spirit of the thread, I'd take Greene if all things were equal.

JMO...

:salute:And we can respect your opinion!:salute: As we can also agree to disagree! :cool:

CoachChaz
01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Just my opinion. But I feel Knowshon Moreno will have the better career when it is all said and done when both players are finished playing. I do repsect your opinion though OT!!

If for no other reason...Moreno will likely have a longer career. Greene, like other larger backs, typically dont last very long

underrated29
01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
First I'd like to point out the Jets O-line has 3 Pro Bowlers and a top fullback.

Secondly, saying he can't run anybody over, or doesn't lower his shoulder and hit somebody, is rather ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

There's a decent highlight vid of him from this year. He's clearly a guy who loves to finish his runs, lower his shoulder, and hit a guy in the mouth. I think as we improve our run blocking next year, Knowshon will have a much better season.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRLfLAELdU&feature=related

Good NYG highlights

I was going to say than you sir have never watched knowshon run before. And clearly dont see the talent that he has.

BUT-

^ this thread pretty much says it all.

Overtime
01-25-2010, 01:57 PM
No, actually you did bring up the still playing bs. You got called on it, numerous times. Why don't YOU quit trolling, just because you don't like some of the responses you got to such a ri-friggen-diculous comparison.

yeah but that wasn't my primary reason.

**EDIT**

BroncoNut
01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Knowshon was always keyed on and met by defenses. I know i said some negative things about him somewhere (maybe on another forum), but I was just frustrated at the time. pretty poor OL play.

Love seeing Greene do well though as he was a Hawkeye