PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Release Statement On The Status Of Marcus Thomas

TheSportsGuru
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
The interesting thing is, the driver has admitted the drugs were his...

http://www.milehighreport.com/story/2008/3/3/13257/86706

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 01:31 PM
The interesting thing is, the driver has admitted the drugs were his...

http://www.milehighreport.com/story/2008/3/3/13257/86706

Yeah, we kind of seen this coming.... His friend is a no body with nothing to lose and will probably have a big pay check written out to him by Marcus Thomas. Still have to question why do players keep hanging out with trouble.

Mike
03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah, we kind of seen this coming.... His friend is a no body with nothing to lose and will probably have a big pay check written out to him by Marcus Thomas. Still have to question why do players keep hanging out with trouble.

Why do you automatically assume Thomas is lying?

BigDaddyBronco
03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I can take it at face value if Thomas passed his drug tests. Nobody with a coke problem would be able to pass a drug test the next day. Hopefully, he'll learn from this and stay away from some of his old buddies or maybe from Jacksonsville itself.

GEM
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM

It also states that he immediately did a drug test and came out with NOTHING in his system. There were only trace amounts in the bag. So someone did the drugs, and it wasn't Thomas. Nice making judgement on the guy without knowing or without regarding the facts set forth. I'm sorry but don't judge a single person on the actions of the majority. In most cases, that may have been true, in this case a drug test proved it's not.

Cocaine stays in the system a very short amount of time, 72 hours max. If he had taken the drugs, or if they were his, he would have came up with a dirty UA.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Why do you automatically assume Thomas is lying?

I don't, but just because the "friend" admitted the drugs were his, doesn't mean they weren't Thomas'. I'm just throwing out the other side of this. The true problem is, Marcus Thomas shouldn't be hanging out with druggies.

lex
03-03-2008, 01:37 PM

Yeah. In spite of the fact that he works at a profession that tests for this and in spite of the fact that he just passed a piss test, its probably his and he is just wiggling out of it by paying a friend to take the fall for him...for the drugs that are his that he doesnt use. Makes sense.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow, people... why do you defend these guys like this... it is sick! He is the one that screwed up and you are all so quick to support him. You all remind me of my fiance and her dog. Dog will piss somewhere and I will yell at it and tell him to go out side and she sits there and yells at me for yelling at the dog. Says, he doesn't know what he is doing... he is just a dog.

You have a guy who was given the bad character lable before the draft. He was considered a 1st round talent, yet slides to the 4th round. The Broncos trade up and take a chance on him. "Experts" everywhere said that the Broncos are taking a huge risk. Then the guy goes out gets arrested because he obvioulsy hangs out with bad news and I'm the one getting the business because you guys don't see the harm in what he did? Come ON!

GEM
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow, people... why do you defend these guys like this... it is sick! He is the one that screwed up and you are all so quick to support him. You all remind me of my fiance and her dog. Dog will piss somewhere and I will yell at it and tell him to go out side and she sits there and yells at me for yelling at the dog. Says, he doesn't know what he is doing... he is just a dog.

You have a guy who was given the bad character lable before the draft. He was considered a 1st round talent, yet slides to the 4th round. The Broncos trade up and take a chance on him. "Experts" everywhere said that the Broncos are taking a huge risk. Then the guy goes out gets arrested because he obvioulsy hangs out with bad news and I'm the one getting the business because you guys don't see the harm in what he did? Come ON!

Everyone has admitted that what he did was stupid. But we're not all condemning him because he chose to get a ride home after drinking a few, and didn't find out what was in the vehicle he was riding in. If this was a continual thing with him after getting to the NFL, or if (knock on wood) this were to become a norm and costing the team, then we would all be all over him too. Right now, we're willing to give him a chance and correct his behavior.

Me, myself...I don't make judgements based off of shoddy news reports. The Sports Guru came out with the facts and the facts proved what most of us were saying the entire time. We all have things in our pasts that we are not proud of, should we cut the guy because he has a past? Does an I told you so change anything?

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Everyone has admitted that what he did was stupid. But we're not all condemning him because he chose to get a ride home after drinking a few, and didn't find out what was in the vehicle he was riding in. If this was a continual thing with him after getting to the NFL, or if (knock on wood) this were to become a norm and costing the team, then we would all be all over him too. Right now, we're willing to give him a chance and correct his behavior.

Me, myself...I don't make judgements based off of shoddy news reports. The Sports Guru came out with the facts and the facts proved what most of us were saying the entire time. We all have things in our pasts that we are not proud of, should we cut the guy because he has a past? Does an I told you so change anything?

Well, from the post I read, I haven't seen much disappointment in him for what he did. I say something negative about the situation and I get post attacking me, not Marcus Thomas. I don't get that. I'm not saying he did the drugs, I'm not saying he sold the drugs, I'm not saying his friend did the drugs. I have no clue, but I do know that I am disappointed that he was arrested and that he is hanging out with "friends" who have drugs on them or around them. This shows me that he isn't making good decisions and that he is still hanging out with the wrong crew.

G_Money
Marcus actually isn’t a bad character guy.

He doesn’t beat his girlfriend, or drive drunk, or shoot off guns outside of clubs.

He smoked weed in college, and his friends are all idiot druggies from his hood. That’s it.

The same thing was true at Florida that is true now – he needs to stay the hell away from “home” because those idiots are only dragging him down and endangering his future.

I’ll take Marcus and his bad childhood friends problem over some of the other judgment problems that are rampant in the league, because he seems fine when he’s not around them. He himself is not a ticking time-bomb.

But damn, kid – LOSE THE HOMEBOYS. They’re gonna cost you everything. Didn’t you ever hear the story about the crabs?

If you put one crab in a bucket, he’ll get out. If you put 2 or more crabs in a bucket they’ll never get out, because they keep pulling each other back down into the bucket.

Lose the other crabs, Marcus. Go to the doc and get some STD meds or something, sheesh…

~G

slim

I get where you are coming from. He needs to pull his head of his back side and start making better decisions. Can't argue with that.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
There we go G and Slim... post that aren't exactly attacking the guy, but show disappointment in the guy for his failure.

tubby
03-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I am willing to look past this because he can do a backflip. That and he didn't do anything illegal.

GEM
03-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Well, from the post I read, I haven't seen much disappointment in him for what he did. I say something negative about the situation and I get post attacking me, not Marcus Thomas. I don't get that. I'm not saying he did the drugs, I'm not saying he sold the drugs, I'm not saying his friend did the drugs. I have no clue, but I do know that I am disappointed that he was arrested and that he is hanging out with "friends" who have drugs on them or around them. This shows me that he isn't making good decisions and that he is still hanging out with the wrong crew.

I have agreed with you on this subject a few times. He needs to make better decisions, but I'm not willing to condemn him. :shrugs: The 2nd comment in this thread came across as very brash and matter of fact. Stating that he bought or will buy his way out of it is making a judgement without any facts. May have rubbed some people the wrong way.

GEM
03-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I am willing to look past this because he can do a backflip. That and he didn't do anything illegal.

First man with man boobs I've seen that can do a backflip....and he doesn't even have black eyes afterwards.

lex
03-03-2008, 02:00 PM

No, you were jumping to conclusions at the outset and now youre pinning your whole argument on "hes stupid because he was with this guy" now that it has been revealed that he isnt as guilty as many may have thought. Rather than anyone admit that they were wrong in jumping the gun on this, its easier to use the "he picked bad friends argument"...but as has been mentioned, we dont really know how well he knew this guy. And actually, when given the choice between driving drunk and this, Id take this every time. And the only thing we know about that is that he used good judgment in getting a ride home. To assume anything about the person giving him a ride is going out on a limb.

OB
03-03-2008, 02:03 PM
BOSS - mostly people are saying its next to near impossible it was his - the baggie was empty (traces were found) therefore the drugs had been used (when - who knows) but had MT done them within the last 72 hours he would have tested positive - im sure they even tested for MJ (i would think) and if they came up neg - then i doubt he's doing drugs - as we all know MJ stays in your system for at least 30 days (unfortunately I would prolly have to abstain for at least a year to get a clean UA :lol: )

But you are right about him staying away from these guys - dont hang with people who the cops have tagged as druggies - u will always get caught - and these days you may even get set up - everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame

Hopefully he will learn from this :pray:

topscribe
03-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't, but just because the "friend" admitted the drugs were his, doesn't mean they weren't Thomas'. I'm just throwing out the other side of this. The true problem is, Marcus Thomas shouldn't be hanging out with druggies.

I understand what you are saying, Boss. It's the "birds of a feather" syndrome.
If Thomas, or anyone else, wants to avoid the appearance of complicity, then
one needs to avoid those who are complicit.

It's a very simple concept . . .

-----

OB
03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
No, you were jumping to conclusions at the outset and now youre pinning your whole argument on "hes stupid because he was with this guy" now that it has been revealed that he isnt as guilty as many may have thought. Rather than anyone admit that they were wrong in jumping the gun on this, its easier to use the "he picked bad friends argument"...but as has been mentioned, we dont really know how well he knew this guy. And actually, when given the choice between driving drunk and this, Id take this every time. And the only thing we know about that is that he used good judgment in getting a ride home. To assume anything about the person giving him a ride is going out on a limb.

Why take a ride from a stranger - this dude make millions - he couldn't call a freakin cab?

Jumping to conclusions was wrong but everyone is right in saying he needs to stay away from these people - i think he knew this guy well enough to consider him a friend - and prolly knew he did drugs - may not have known what was in the car - but at this point - after what he's been through - why take the chance anymore? TAKE A CAB!!!!

HolyDiver
03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I understand what you are saying, Boss. It's the "birds of a feather" syndrome.
If Thomas, or anyone else, wants to avoid the appearance of complicity, then
one needs to avoid those who are complicit.

It's a very simple concept . . .

-----

Thomas needs to take up on of Terrell Davis's favorite past times..................Sleeping.

lex
03-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Why take a ride from a stranger - this dude make millions - he couldn't call a freakin cab?

Jumping to conclusions was wrong but (but Im about to do it)everyone is right in saying he needs to stay away from these people - i think he knew this guy well enough to consider him a friend - and prolly knew he did drugs - may not have known what was in the car - but at this point - after what he's been through - why take the chance anymore? TAKE A CAB!!!!

Fixed.

BTW, do you know the city this occurred in has a cab service?

OB
03-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Fixed.

BTW, do you know the city this occurred in has a cab service?

Geez thanks - what would i do without your great editorial genius :coffee:

Everyone on this board is jumping to some conclusion or another - whether in favor of MT or against him - cause guess what - NONE OF US knows anything that really happened and guess what - we never will

Its not much of a leap to say stay away from partying with people who do drugs

And its not to hard to figure out if people are doing drugs at a party - and if they were being done at this party - he should have been out of there ASAP - period - no reason for him to even be in that kind of environment with his reputation -

And if its a CITY it should have cab service - if it was a small town than maybe not but its 2007 and most cities have cab service

It all boils down to the fact that none of us will never know all the facts to make a correct judgment of this situation

so basically we are trying to say to MT better be safe than sorry and err on the side of caution - i dont think thats to much to ask of someone who gets paid millions to play a game :coffee:

GEM
03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Thomas needs to take up on of Terrell Davis's favorite past times..................Sleeping.

I need to take up that past time!! :yawn:

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Does anyone have a coloring book for lex to color in? Really lex... you need to read all my post before you pick one post to comment on. I've been saying since the report came out that we have no idea what happened, but the biggest issue for me is the fact that he is still hanging out with bad friends. Keep up with the convesation or go back to your Mendenhall thread and tell me how Mendenall is better because Stewart does vision exercises to improve his vision on the field.

BeefStew25
03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Orange Park has cabs.

shank
03-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Jumping to conclusions was wrong but everyone is right in saying he needs to stay away from these people - i think he knew this guy well enough to consider him a friend - and prolly knew he did drugs - may not have known what was in the car - but at this point - after what he's been through - why take the chance anymore? TAKE A CAB!!!!

not saying he's poor, but 4th round picks do not make millions.

also, i know a lot of wealthy people who are cheap as shit.

also, if i have a choice between paying one friend 50 cents for a ride home and another friend who will do it for free, then i sure as hell won't pay even 50 cents even though that amount of money has no effect on me...

i can't fault MT for hanging out with old friends, as it's REALLY hard to change patterns and relationships like that, but he HAS to realize that he has a whole lot to lose and it won't take much more than something like this to make him lose it.

even though he's taking risks in being around people like this, it seems as though he's being smart enough to keep his nose clean and live up to his promise to shanahan. this sets a precident, that no matter how well he's doing at staying clean, just being near something unclean is enough for the whole league to judge you, and could end up costing you your dreams.

it's not a non-issue, but with the driver's admittance and a negative drug test, i would chalk this up to the difficulty of breaking old habits, but give him props for doing the right thing and not being at fault in any way.

i hope this is the end of it, and no action is taken by the league against the broncos for this type of shit. and shanny better make this shit stop, because it's so far out of control right now it's sickening. the broncos (-romo) used to be the definition of a class-organization, and that idea has completely flown the coup.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 02:43 PM

also, if i have a choice between paying one friend 50 cents for a ride home and another friend who will do it for free, then i sure as hell won't pay even 50 cents even though that amount of money has no effect on me...

i can't fault MT for hanging out with old friends, as it's REALLY hard to change patterns and relationships like that, but he HAS to realize that he has a whole lot to lose and it won't take much more than something like this to make him lose it.

even though he's taking risks in being around people like this, it seems as though he's being smart enough to keep his nose clean and live up to his promise to shanahan. this sets a precident, that no matter how well he's doing at staying clean, just being near something unclean is enough for the whole league to judge you, and could end up costing you your dreams.

it's not a non-issue, but with the driver's admittance and a negative drug test, i would chalk this up to the difficulty of breaking old habits, but give him props for doing the right thing and not being at fault in any way.

i hope this is the end of it, and no action is taken by the league against the broncos for this type of shit. and shanny better make this shit stop, because it's so far out of control right now it's sickening. the broncos (-romo) used to be the definition of a class-organization, and that idea has completely flown the coup.

Marcus Thomas signed a contract for 3 million dollars in 2007. That will pay for a lot of cab rides.

BeefStew25
03-03-2008, 02:45 PM
When I lived in JAX, we called 249-NAVY. Never failed.

Of course, he was arrested for driving while black.

Signed,

JWALK

OB
03-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Well being cheap could have just ended his career - next time maybe he will fork over a few bucks to ensure the safety of his career

and rich people who are tight asses suck - i can say that cause i dont have money - never had it - so i dont know if i would be cheap with it but I doubt it - People are always telling me if i won the lottery i would end up giving it away to everyone i know n love - not sure if thats a bad thing but oh well :whoknows:

I like to spread the wealth - if i have some - but its prolly why i got none :lol:

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Maybe in the future the Broncos can include in a contract that all players that enjoy the night life a little too much must have a DD who passes a background check or must use an approved taxi service.

shank
03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe in the future the Broncos can include in a contract that all players that enjoy the night life a little too much must have a DD who passes a background check or must use an approved taxi service.

and must keep hands to self within said taxi

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
and must keep hands to self within said taxi

And do not block your own drive way with a taxi

OB
03-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Well i can see that during the season - the team having some kind of car service or something - but wasnt he in FL at the time? If so I dont think it should be the teams responsibility to babysit grown men all year when they pay them millions of dollars - even if they only pay them 100's of thousands - at some point they need to man up and stop being overgrown gangsta wanna bes

If they want the "thug" life make an album or something - stop bringing this sh*t into Pro sports and wasting our time, money and ruining the leagues (and teams) reputation

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Well i can see that during the season - the team having some kind of car service or something - but wasnt he in FL at the time? If so I dont think it should be the teams responsibility to babysit grown men all year when they pay them millions of dollars - even if they only pay them 100's of thousands - at some point they need to man up and stop being overgrown gangsta wanna bes

If they want the "thug" life make an album or something - stop bringing this sh*t into Pro sports and wasting our time, money and ruining the leagues (and teams) reputation

Yeah, we are doing something that some people call joking, orangenblue

shank
03-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Marcus Thomas signed a contract for 3 million dollars in 2007. That will pay for a lot of cab rides.

i'm not denying that it doesn't.

i can honestly say (as in my 50 cent example) that if i have a choice between free and paying that i will choose free. i can see how the thought of his career ending because he asked a friend to give him a ride home from a party would never enter his mind, and that's why i don't fault marcus for this one.

but this situation needs to make him realize that you can be screwed even in making the right decision by not being super careful. i expect this to make him realize how fragile life is in goodell's nfl with his past. i expect the thought of making his last mistake to be in his mind at all times and protect himself in every way possible so that he doesn't lose it all.

(to be honest i expect nothing of any broncos player at this point. MT could get arrested tomorrow for robbing a bank, and i wouldn't be shocked. i just hope and believe that MT is smart enough and passionate enough to use this as his NFL wake up call that keeps his nose clean, and uninvolves himself with unclean noses for his own benefit).

shank
03-03-2008, 03:03 PM
And do not block your own drive way with a taxi

and don't break a guy's face off.

(unrelated? yes. unimportant? apparently not...)

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Don't take a banned diet pill if you are a punter either... you body type doesn't really matter that much.

atwater27
03-03-2008, 03:08 PM
What's this guy's problem anyways? I'd like to kick him in the nuts.

Pro football talkhttp://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 7:03 a.m. EST, March 3, 2008

BRONCO BUSTED FOR COCAINE

Well, well, well. Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas has been arrested. For cocaine possession.

Thomas was busted on Saturday in Florida.

Is anyone really surprised?

Thomas had first-round talent but his history of off-field issues caused him to drop to the fourth round of the 2007 draft. But Coach Kevlar, the man who burned a third-rounder on Maurice Clarett, was willing to take a chance.

Why shouldn't he? Kevlar, more commonly known as Mike Shanahan, has by all appearances a lifetime contract in Denver, and thus can take chances that others might fear could get them fired.

But Shanahan would have been wise to heed our old friend Dante Aligherei's creed -- "Once a turd, always a turd." (It would be a fitting possibility for Dante's autobiography.)

Thomas was dismissed from the Florida Gators football team in November 2006 after violating the terms of his reinstatement from a drug suspension.

His lawyer contends that he is innocent, and we suspect that the next step for Thomas will be a visit with the official team polygraph machine.

GEM
03-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Well, well, well. Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas has been arrested. For cocaine possession.

Thomas had first-round talent but his history of off-field issues caused him to drop to the fourth round of the 2007 draft. But Coach Kevlar, the man who burned a third-rounder on Maurice Clarett, was willing to take a chance.

Why shouldn't he? Kevlar, more commonly known as Mike Shanahan, has by all appearances a lifetime contract in Denver, and thus can take chances that others might fear could get them fired.

But Shanahan would have been wise to heed our old friend Dante Aligherei's creed -- "Once a turd, always a turd." (It would be a fitting possibility for Dante's autobiography.)

Thomas was dismissed from the Florida Gators football team in November 2006 after violating the terms of his reinstatement from a drug suspension.

His lawyer contends that he is innocent, and we suspect that the next step for Thomas will be a visit with the official team polygraph machine.

Old news anyone? :laugh:

I'm sure there are some things in your life that your mom or your wife or someone close to you would like to kick you in the nuts for.

As for me, I save nut kicking for someone tha matters to me that really pisses me off. If I kicked everyone in the nuts that just simply pissed me off or screwed up my day, I'd have the leg of an all star punter and I'd be playing for the Broncos right now. :D And I don't attack old men in cabs.:thumbsup:

atwater27
03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
ok .......

topscribe
03-03-2008, 03:29 PM

I'm sure there are some things in your life that your mom or your wife or someone close to you would like to kick you in the nuts for.

As for me, I save nut kicking for someone tha matters to me that really pisses me off. If I kicked everyone in the nuts that just simply pissed me off or screwed up my day, I'd have the leg of an all star punter and I'd be playing for the Broncos right now. :D And I don't attack old men in cabs.:thumbsup:

What part of town do you live in?

I don't want to ride in any cabs around there. :shocked:

-----

tubby
03-03-2008, 03:31 PM
pft sucks. Don't even worry about it Atwater. Everyone knows the sites a joke.

OB
03-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, we are doing something that some people call joking, orangenblue

hey im short - sometimes things go over my head w/o me knowing it :D

u freaks r hard to keep up with ya know - sheesh - cut a bitch some slack - i begged for you to come back, i offered to be your rosco p coltrane - and this is how you treat me

:hand:

I dont know who has hurt me worse - you or coach

Now I have to start my second "This is my Offficial Goodbye" thread - all the hurt - all the pain - i dont know if i can take it

I may have to run across the street to bennigans or at least run down to the car for a few minutes to collect myself :tsk:

topscribe
03-03-2008, 03:32 PM

Umm . . . nice speech. But last I heard, Thomas had no cocaine in his
system, and the driver of the car admitted it was his.

-----

turftoad
03-03-2008, 03:33 PM

GEM, it would be an honor if you would please kick me in the nuts. :shocked:

Requiem / The Dagda
03-03-2008, 03:35 PM
pft sucks. Don't even worry about it Atwater. Everyone knows the sites a joke.

Yeah? Which is why Florio gets on ESPN radio and major sport radio news outlets every week and has some of the best insider information around? Not to mention averaging a couple hundred thousand hits a day and over the past few days a couple million?

You guys whine too much about Florio busting Shanahan's balls. It's not like he kicked your dog.

shank
03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
You guys whine too much about Florio busting Shanahan's balls. It's not like he kicked your dog.

it's not like he did, it's that i know he WOULD if i named my dog mikey.

Superchop 7
03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
If all this is true.

Then I'm actually proud of Marcus Thomas.

The "big" lesson in life is to do the right thing when faced with your demons.

He didn't touch the coke and he didn't drive drunk.

He didn't give in to peer pressure.

OB
03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah? Which is why Florio gets on ESPN radio and major sport radio news outlets every week and has some of the best insider information around? Not to mention averaging a couple hundred thousand hits a day and over the past few days a couple million?

How can you defend a reporter who published crap like that about a player on a team you are supposedly a fan of - thats BS - people who feed into this schmos lies, like you, keep the BS media up and running full force - and encourage all the false information they publish
He should have waited for FACTS to come forth before printing that :coffee:

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 03:51 PM
At least there are no reports of him resisting arrest and I'm glad he was clean. The Broncos need him...BADLY!

atwater27
03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
GEM, it would be an honor if you would please kick me in the nuts. :shocked:

Would her high fiving that post be the equivalent of an internet kick in the nuts? Is there a smiley for that? If there was, I'd call it a frowney.

atwater27
03-03-2008, 03:53 PM

So are you doing him or...?

atwater27
03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
How can you defend a reporter who published crap like that about a player on a team you are supposedly a fan of - thats BS - people who feed into this schmos lies, like you, keep the BS media up and running full force - and encourage all the false information they publish
He should have waited for FACTS to come forth before printing that :coffee:

Right on 420! Crikey, have some pride in your team!

Davii
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Glad to hear Marcus didn't break any laws and didn't use any drugs.

But please wake up and realize you're hanging with the wrong crowd Marcus. The druggie friends have nothing to offer a man in your position except embarrasment and problems.

You don't need it.

tubby
03-03-2008, 04:00 PM

He runs a rumor mill and writes satire. Hardly a reliable source.

atwater27
03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
oohhh just got kicked in the nuts...

OB
03-03-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys3/nutkick.gif

I say we add this to our smilies list :D

GEM
03-03-2008, 04:21 PM
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys3/nutkick.gif

I say we add this to our smilies list :D

:D I love that. :laugh:

G_Money
03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Ahh, the good old Rochambeau - or Roshambo for those of us raised on phonic spelling.

http://www.erikandanna.com/Humor/FlashStuff/SouthPark/roshamboN.htm

~G

shank
03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Ahh, the good old Rochambeau - or Roshambo for those of us raised on phonic spelling.

http://www.erikandanna.com/Humor/FlashStuff/SouthPark/roshamboN.htm

~G

eff that. i was peeing yesterday and my boxer elastic thwapped me, almost put me on the ground.

anyone dumb enough to rochambeau is doing the rest of us a favor by minimizing their impact on the gene pool.

Retired_Member_001
03-03-2008, 05:16 PM
It looks as if Marcus Thomas walks out of this one alright. Marcus Thomas coming out alright is major because we only need one DT now compared to two. Hopefully Marcus Thomas learns his lesson about mixing with bad characterss.

Superchop 7
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
At the end of the day he was doing things right.

Just like we draw it up.

Case closed.

BeefStew25
03-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Marcus needs to find new friends. Maybe I can put him up in the spare bedroom.

GEM
03-03-2008, 05:40 PM

Your avy freaks me the hell out!

topscribe
03-03-2008, 05:40 PM

Be sure to tell him no back flips until you get those floor joists reinforced . . .

-----

BeefStew25
03-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Your avy freaks me the hell out!

So does yours. Did that lady get burnt or something?

Medford Bronco
03-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow, a$$hole much?

No one should make fun of Leah

:mad:

His avy looks like Britney Spears on Crack :laugh:

Buff
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Beef, if you ever get pulled over in the Lincoln and they find your stash, I'll be your fall guy... You've got too much at stake. I assume you'll compensate me accordingly.

JONtheBRONCO
03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Ah, come on Thomas. Who knows what the true story is? We don't, it's all he said, she said. Thomas passed the drug test, but so did Henry. Now, I don't look at Thomas and classify him as a "locker room disaster," nor do I think he is a "bad character guy," I just think he makes bad decisions on who he hangs out with. Now, it's easy for us fans to look at these guys and say, "hey what are you doing hanging out with these tards?" But some of them may be his childhood friends, and some of his close buddies... Would you stop hanging out with buddies you've known for 7, 8, 9-10 years because they smoked pot, or liked to party?

No. But, I also know that if I was getting paid, and was asked to be on my best behavior, I would draw limits with my friends. Say something like, "I can't risk my job because of your habit, so keep it away from me, got it?" I'm not going to judge Thomas because he got busted with pot in college, hell, I'm in college, I've done crazy shit. I would never let it get in the way of my school though, and Thomas needs to learn to make boundaries. Lets be glad this isn't something super serious... Our own Marshall has a DWI, I've had a DWI, but that doesn't mean I have bad character, I made a bad choice, I paid, I learned.

It's a learning process, and guys like Thomas need to grow up... But, some of them never do, let's hope he does. Let's just take the story as it is, and hope he stays clean. Football players are people too, they make mistakes like we do... How many times have you drove tipsy, or been in a situation where you could get in some shit, but just didn't ge caught? They just need to keep a better image, so it's sad to see some of the guys we look up to get busted for bad decisions. I'm just hoping some of the young guys on our team will see this, and stay out of trouble, no more Broncos in cuffs.

BeefStew25
03-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Beef, if you ever get pulled over in the Lincoln and they find your stash, I'll be your fall guy... You've got too much at stake. I assume you'll compensate me accordingly.

Yeah, this vacuum cleaner business is going to make the both of us a slew of coin. So, yeah, when we get pulled over, the vibrator is yours.

topscribe
03-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah, this vacuum cleaner business is going to make the both of us a slew of coin. So, yeah, when we get pulled over, the vibrator is yours.

You went into the vacuum cleaner business?

Man, that sucks . . .

-----

BeefStew25
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM

Man, that sucks . . .

-----

Yeah. Door to door. Think about how many houses there are.

atwater27
03-03-2008, 06:54 PM
eff that. i was peeing yesterday and my boxer elastic thwapped me, almost put me on the ground.

anyone dumb enough to rochambeau is doing the rest of us a favor by minimizing their impact on the gene pool.

Oh man. I've done that.

TXBRONC
03-03-2008, 07:48 PM

True but also doesn't mean that they were his.

I couldn't agree with you more the real problem is that Thomas shouldn't have been hanging out with this guy in the first place.

shank
03-03-2008, 07:52 PM

Man, that sucks . . .

-----

(wow... completely unnoticed)

i love it.

Buff
03-03-2008, 07:55 PM
(wow... completely unnoticed)

i love it.

Ha, it did go right over my head... Top is a master of pun.

omac
03-03-2008, 11:36 PM
I was relieved when I heard the details of the story.

He was drinking and decided not to drive. He rode with someone else. Coke was found in a car he didn't own. He immediately had himself tested for the NFL and the results were negative. That says it all.

To those who say he should just leave his friends, that's not just an easy thing to do. Those guys might have been with him through both good times and bad. They may have been the only real friends he's had before he hit the big time, despite their flaws. I do agree he should leave those friends, but it's just too easy to judge when you don't have to live in someone else's shoes.

shank
03-04-2008, 12:23 AM
my roommate just told me that NFL Live said there was also a handgun in the car.

if this isn't true (and it can't be, or it would have been in one of the articles about the situation), then great job espn! thanks for making a bad situation for our young player look even worse.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-04-2008, 12:27 AM
There was marijuana, coke and a gun in the car. Denver Post had that up about 8 hours ago homie.

shank
03-04-2008, 12:29 AM
There was marijuana, coke and a gun in the car. Denver Post had that up about 8 hours ago homie.

oh, jesus.. what the hell? how was this not mentioned in any of the other stuff?

ban MT from florida. restraining orders from his "friends"

topscribe
03-04-2008, 12:37 AM

:confused:

What did he do? It has not been established that Thomas has done anything.
Only that he was a bad judge of company, so far. Just because people
recognize that and refuse to throw Thomas under the bus, you are "getting
the business"?

C'mon, Boss. Some people prefer to wait for further evidence, whether or
not you do. What he did or was before he was drafted is not evidence in
this incident whatsoever.

-----

sneakers
03-04-2008, 01:09 AM
I can take it at face value if Thomas passed his drug tests. Nobody with a coke problem would be able to pass a drug test the next day. Hopefully, he'll learn from this and stay away from some of his old buddies or maybe from Jacksonsville itself.

I hope this will be the case.

Npba900
03-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Here's my take on this issue.

First, Marcus Thomas needs to quit his old pals and old girl friends like their carrying the Ebola Virus. No question asked.

Second, if Marcus signed a contract for $3 million dollars, this is more than enough money to move immediate family members (Parents, brothers and sisters etc) to Denver.

Hell, purchase a 6 bedroom, 4-5K sq foot home if need be, and just stay close to family to keep you grounded.

Third, start hanging with teammates who are mature, focused, and straight up law abiding citizens. Go hiking, visit the ski resorts (you're a celebrity) enjoy your new found fame and popularity. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and generally nice people the city of Denver has to offer.

Fourth, volunteer at the the boys and girls club (Big Brother etc) become a role model for kids drifting in wrong direction (Denver is full of such children).

Fifth, Spend your remainder off season time with studying film, study your mistakes made last season, lift weights get your running in...just try to get better and to put yourself in position to win a starting job in 2008.

Sixth and final suggestion. Marcus needs to tell his friends who are up to no good and who are basically leeching off him, and those friends who continue the drug life and trade, "Look guys, the Broncos signed me to a $3.0 million contract and my life has changed drastically and I can ill-afford to risk my career and livelihood by hanging out in the wrong place, wrong crowds, and wrong friends." Sorry I gotta let you guys go. Then of course he'll need to hire some body guards, b/c the guys he kicked to the curb will feel insulted and may seek revenge! Who knows now days....right?

Hopefully, Marcus realize he dodged a bullet, and strike three is just one more incident away. The Broncos and the NFL will not tolerate another such incident. This time Marcus was able to say, the drugs weren't his. Next time, to save their own skin, one of Marcus's so-called friends might plant drugs on him, on his property (house or auto) and say the drugs belong to Marcus. Simply there word against his.

Hopefully Marcus has learned. Right now, he has 50/50 chance to change his friends and stay out of trouble or keep his friends and risks further drug mix up or possessions and other vices his so called friends could be involved with.

I don't like his odds. But, hopefully, Marcus is motivated and determined to take control of his life; if not we will all read in the newspaper sometime down the road of Marcus involvement with some form of illegal vices.

gobroncsnv
03-13-2008, 09:10 PM
The negative drug test pretty much tells me he's not falling back into that mess. He wasn't using, and I doubt (BIG TIME) that he's dealing. I really do wish that he could change his friends, though. He needs to pretend like hangin' with his boyz is like walking too close to the cliff's edge. He's just got too much at stake to have even one slip. Everyone likes a story where the kid makes a clean break. C'mon Marcus, this is for your OWN sake.

broncosfanscott
03-13-2008, 10:52 PM
As hard as it is, sometimes you need to get rid of the people who can put you in a bad situation whether it is on purpose or not. You are a product of who you hang out with so if they are going to have drugs around them then maybe he needs to rethink things. I mean this is HIS future.