PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Marshall won't be getting his millions from the Broncos

Lonestar
01-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Q&A: Marshall won't be getting his millions from the Broncos
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Welcome back and keep the queries coming
POSTED: 01/22/2010 01:00:00 AM MST

Today's Broncos question comes from John Sheehy:

Q: Why would the Broncos let Brandon Marshall become a restricted free agent? I think the smarter decision would be to trade him for a low draft choice. This way (the Broncos) would get something for him instead of losing him completely. An even better decision would be to keep him.

A: John, being a restricted free agent, Marshall is just a formality. They will certainly work to trade him, and will try to complete the deal very soon after free agency opens on March 5.

He won't be back with the Broncos unless both sides have an unexpected change of heart. Josh McDaniels and Marshall have no plans to meet and hash things out.

Marshall's benching for the regular-season finale — a game he was unlikely to play in because of a hamstring injury — was the final straw on a rather large pile for both sides.

Marshall is a restricted free agent, which means the Broncos could match any offer he receives. So, the Broncos will tender him a one-year offer that has compensation attached to it if Marshall signs elsewhere.

That compensation can range between a first- and third-round pick to a pick from the round the player was originally drafted in, which for Marshall would be a fourth-rounder.

The Broncos would likely tender him fairly high, but will likely trade him. Marshall would have to sign the tender to have a contract in place so he could be traded — a player's contract goes with him in any trade — but he will certainly be looking for the parameters of a long-term deal to be in place when a trade is made.

Marshall may be disappointed, if many of the league's personnel evaluators are to be believed, at what level other teams see him as compared as to how he sees himself. Many teams that see him as a possession receiver with plenty of off-the-field baggage who could be a concern with a megadeal in hand.

But, that said, it only takes one interested team. And with Mike Shanahan now coaching a team with deep pockets in a free-agency season that will feature no salary cap, there is still the possibility for a windfall for Marshall.

It just won't be in Denver.

Jeff Legwold: 303-954-2359 or jlegwold@denverpost.com

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14241295#ixzz0dOMO7of2

WARHORSE
01-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Marshall WILL be traded and he WILL have a slew of takers.

Though every team is going to be touting his 'baggage' right up until free agency, make no doubt about it.

GMs dream of making a move that takes their team to another level.

Brandon Marshall just had 3 x 100 plus reception seasons in a row.

While we all know his list of history, teams are going to listen to his smile and sincere talk about how he wants to be great, and will stay out of trouble.

He will be willing to sign a contract that has behavioral language stipulating penalties with misbehaviour.

And make no mistake about it.....in the right system.....with the right team......and a new attitude and bank account.....Brandon could very well light it up.

All we need is 2 or 3 teams vying for his talent......

.....and they will come.

Minimum, we get a top 15 pick, probably a first and a third...........or more.

Hoser
01-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm still undecided on how I want this whole thing to play out.

I want Marshall to stay in Denver, but I'm not convinced he'll ever stop acting the way he does. He's a great talent no doubt, but his crap really gets annoying.

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Q: Why would the Broncos let Brandon Marshall become a restricted free agent? I think the smarter decision would be to trade him for a low draft choice. This way (the Broncos) would get something for him instead of losing him completely. An even better decision would be to keep him.

A: John, being a restricted free agent, Marshall is just a formality. They will certainly work to trade him, and will try to complete the deal very soon after free agency opens on March 5.

I was going to say, maybe you don't want him back, but wtf. You don't just give him away through spite.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm still undecided on how I want this whole thing to play out.

I want Marshall to stay in Denver, but I'm not convinced he'll ever stop acting the way he does. He's a great talent no doubt, but his crap really gets annoying.

I agree - I would love for Marshall to stay in Denver, with a totally new outlook - i.e. team player

WARHORSE
01-22-2010, 08:45 PM
I agree - I would love for Marshall to stay in Denver, with a totally new outlook - i.e. team player

How many times have we seen the 'new outlook'?

Just a thought.

Brandon was punting balls in practice like a little kid.

Then hes feigning injury after gaining 100 catches.

This is not the type of player the Broncos want anymore.

At least not under McDs watch.:coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
How many times have we seen the 'new outlook'?

Just a thought.

Brandon was punting balls in practice like a little kid.

Then hes feigning injury after gaining 100 catches.

This is not the type of player the Broncos want anymore.

At least not under McDs watch.:coffee:

What I meant is I would like for Brandon to change - develop into a "team player", and live it.

Northman
01-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Though every team is going to be touting his 'baggage' right up until free agency, make no doubt about it.

While we all know his list of history, teams are going to listen to his smile and sincere talk about how he wants to be great, and will stay out of trouble.

He will be willing to sign a contract that has behavioral language stipulating penalties with misbehaviour.

And make no mistake about it.....in the right system.....with the right team......and a new attitude and bank account.....Brandon could very well light it up.

.....and they will come.

And hopefully we can still snooker them into a solid draft pick. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
01-22-2010, 08:55 PM
At this point, I just want Marshall and everyone else that McDaniels has deemed as not a "team player" gone. No more distractions, no more headaches, no more media circus, and no more drama in the locker room.

I just want my team back. Win or lose, great or terrible. I just want a team I can root for and be proud of because they did everything they could to win. In McDaniels I trust for now. Make us great again, Josh! :salute:

Northman
01-22-2010, 08:56 PM
At this point, I just want Marshall and everyone else that McDaniels has deemed as not a "team player" gone. No more distractions, no more headaches, no more media circus, and no more drama in the locker room.

I just want my team back. Win or lose, great or terrible. I just want a team I can root for and be proud of because they did everything they could to win. In McDaniels I trust for now. Make us great again, Josh! :salute:

Amen brother.

Broncolingus
01-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Agree with most here...

...just seems like we've been down this road before (more than once) and if things were gonna 'change,' they would've by now...

GP #9 BTW, Horse...

Agree, he is (probably should be) gone, but Denver does have some leverage and need to maximize that to get best return...oh, and he can take Sheff with him.

As a fan, though, I'd sure like to see things work out with Hills...seems like a 'Rod Smith' of running backs.

JMO...

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Agree with most here...

...just seems like we've been down this road before (more than once) and if things were gonna 'change,' they would've by now...

GP #9 BTW, Horse...

Agree, he is (probably should be) gone, but Denver does have some leverage and need to maximize that to get best return...oh, and he can take Sheff with him.

As a fan, though, I'd sure like to see things work out with Hills...seems like a 'Rod Smith' of running backs.

JMO...

He's not a runningback.

Broncolingus
01-22-2010, 09:08 PM
He's not a runningback.

Hmmm...

Hillis isn't a running back? What is he?

Peyton Hillis (born January 21, 1986 in Conway, Arkansas) is an American football player who currently plays Running Back for the Denver Broncos in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Broncos in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arkansas

What I was saying is Hillis seems to be one of those late round, gritty, team players you just want to pull for...

...and yes, bud, I am aware Rod Smith was a WR.

-peace-

JDL
01-22-2010, 09:21 PM

.....and they will come.

Ha ha ha... I will remember this... I hope your rosy view of life is correct.

Best guess we get 1 of NYJ, IND, BAL sniffing around with their 1st rd picks if not we may resort to a deal with Seattle for their early 2nd rd and players.

Remember, somebody is going to have to fork over something in the neighborhood of Larry Fitzgerald money!!!! plus those picks... GMs just DON'T do that for guys with baggage that can make them look like an @ss... either Marshall's money needs to come down or draft picks given up... or both... we'll start high and hope there is a team desperate to give their young QB a real weapon or someone they hope will push the team over the edge. We definitely want an NFC team to win the Super Bowl this year... it would mean NYJs lost, probably because Edwards 40 catches and disappearing act in the playoffs continued to fail the Jets passing attack... and Manning couldn't get over the hump Wayne/Clark... (again... Manning befriended Marshall in the pro bowl last year, so Indy losing this weekend, might rekindle that friendship, which would be a good thing, but I can't see the Jets winning.)

I mean christ Anquan Boldin was available forever for a single measely 1st rd pick with no off-field concerns and there were no takers... the only team overspending for WRs (Dallas - Galloway/Williams) isn't looking to do another deal. It will take some desperation or a creative deal.

Lonestar
01-22-2010, 09:35 PM

this may make a GREAT bookmark for future comments.

But seriously I also hope for the same thing. I personally think he has the stones to do it, make it happen.

Lonestar
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Best guess we get 1 of NYJ, IND, BAL sniffing around with their 1st rd picks if not we may resort to a deal with Seattle for their early 2nd rd and players.

Remember, somebody is going to have to fork over something in the neighborhood of Larry Fitzgerald money!!!! plus those picks... GMs just DON'T do that for guys with baggage that can make them look like an @ss... either Marshall's money needs to come down or draft picks given up... or both... we'll start high and hope there is a team desperate to give their young QB a real weapon or someone they hope will push the team over the edge. We definitely want an NFC team to win the Super Bowl this year... it would mean NYJs lost, probably because Edwards 40 catches and disappearing act in the playoffs continued to fail the Jets passing attack... and Manning couldn't get over the hump Wayne/Clark... (again... Manning befriended Marshall in the pro bowl last year, so Indy losing this weekend, might rekindle that friendship, which would be a good thing, but I can't see the Jets winning.)

I mean christ Anquan Boldin was available forever for a single measely 1st rd pick with no off-field concerns and there were no takers... the only team overspending for WRs (Dallas - Galloway/Williams) isn't looking to do another deal. It will take some desperation or a creative deal.

OR we just tender him the highest offer the worst case scenario is he gets $3.3 Mil next year. Best case we get a 1st and a 3rd and him out of our hair.

IF no one offers him a contract then even Brandon may get it, that he is not worth the money he is asking.

Ziggy
01-22-2010, 09:41 PM

You may be right JDL, but there are other factors to consider when comparing BMarsh to Boldin:
1. Bmarsh has 3 less years of wear and tear on his body, and has been healthier throughout his career.
2. He's just coming into his prime, whereas Boldin may be peaked.
3. BMarsh put up the stats he did without a star receiver on the other side to take the double teams off of him.

Yes, the character issues favor Boldin, but age, injury history, and size favor BMarsh. I think the Broncos get at least a first for him. If the Jets get outscored by the Colts on Sunday, my money is on Tannenbaum finding a way to get BMarsh in New York by the 2nd day of free agency.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-22-2010, 09:50 PM

The big problem I see with Seattle, is that they'll offer up Deion Branch for Marshall and McDaniels will probably take it (another 1st round pick we get fleeced out of). they might throw in a low round pick, too, but it won't be a 1st or 2nd. This is what scares me to DEATH!

WARHORSE
01-22-2010, 11:02 PM
No matter what Brandon wants, his value is going to be set according to the top two or three teams that want him.

Say he goes out there asking for 10 mil a year. No one bites. What will his agent do? They will look for the highest bidder, who also will be willing to give up their first and third, which is where Denver will tender him unless they get an inside word that there are teams willing to overpay him.

If Brandon asks for 10 mil and he gets it, then the team understands it needs to give up a first and third and are willing.....done deal.

If the team is willing to pay Marshall 10 mil a year, but not willing to give up a first and a third, then they will ask Denver to accept less. If Denver says no, then the team will pull the deal, or ask Marshall to take less. Unwilling to pay 10 a year plus a first and third, but willing to pay 7.5 mil and then give up the first and third.

All parties will be dealing, and Marshall will bring a good haul.

CrazyHorse
01-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't mind losing Marshall if we get adequate compensation and use it wisely. I still think it would be in the Broncos best interest to keep him. Marshall is a proven commodity and with draft picks the Broncos might make questionable decisions. I'd rather trade for proven players. It's a lot safer. I like the compensation we got from the Cutler deal but I don't like that we used it to draft Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith, and Richard Quinn. None of them have made an immediate impact on the team and it's unknown whether they will in the future. The best thing we got out of the deal was Kyle Orton.

CrazyHorse
01-22-2010, 11:46 PM
You may be right JDL, but there are other factors to consider when comparing BMarsh to Boldin:
1. Bmarsh has 3 less years of wear and tear on his body, and has been healthier throughout his career.
2. He's just coming into his prime, whereas Boldin may be peaked.
3. BMarsh put up the stats he did without a star receiver on the other side to take the double teams off of him.

Yes, the character issues favor Boldin, but age, injury history, and size favor BMarsh. I think the Broncos get at least a first for him. If the Jets get outscored by the Colts on Sunday, my money is on Tannenbaum finding a way to get BMarsh in New York by the 2nd day of free agency.

Sanchez would have fun with Marshall, Edwards, and Cotchery at wideouts and Thomas Jones and Shonne Greene in the back field.

rcsodak
01-23-2010, 02:50 AM

I've never heard of this player. :coffee:

Broncolingus
01-23-2010, 03:23 AM
I've never heard of this player. :coffee:

That's funny...:D

Lonestar
01-23-2010, 06:45 AM
I wouldn't mind losing Marshall if we get adequate compensation and use it wisely. I still think it would be in the Broncos best interest to keep him. Marshall is a proven commodity and with draft picks the Broncos might make questionable decisions. I'd rather trade for proven players. It's a lot safer. I like the compensation we got from the Cutler deal but I don't like that we used it to draft Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith, and Richard Quinn. None of them have made an immediate impact on the team and it's unknown whether they will in the future. The best thing we got out of the deal was Kyle Orton.

I just have to remind you that ayers was a hnd on the ground DE that Mayock thought would be the steal of the draft in two years. That plus he is learning a totally different position.

As for Smith CB is one of the toughest positions to learn and break into as a rookie.

Instead of drafting a CB this year at least he has a year of expirence now.

One other complication to all of the rookies learning their roles is there was no experenced "in the scheme" vets to help them as they were struggling also.

Quinn not sure what happened there.

I believe we set a really good foundation last year, something we can build on without a collapse.

hamrob
01-23-2010, 12:25 PM

I just want my team back. Win or lose, great or terrible. I just want a team I can root for and be proud of because they did everything they could to win. In McDaniels I trust for now. Make us great again, Josh! :salute:If you want the drama gone...then you better hope that McDaniels is gone. The drama began when he blew into town!

TXBRONC
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
I just have to remind you that ayers was a hnd on the ground DE that Mayock thought would be the steal of the draft in two years. That plus he is learning a totally different position.

As for Smith CB is one of the toughest positions to learn and break into as a rookie.

Instead of drafting a CB this year at least he has a year of experience now.

One other complication to all of the rookies learning their roles is there was no experenced "in the scheme" vets to help them as they were struggling also.

Quinn not sure what happened there.

I believe we set a really good foundation last year, something we can build on without a collapse.

Based on what? Our 2-8 finish after starting off 6-0? Which also includes losing the last four games of the year.

Also exactly what experience are talking about that Smith gained this year. Most year he spent on the bench. He was suppose to be our return specialist this season that didn't work out to terribly well did it?

Ziggy
01-23-2010, 12:49 PM
The Alphonso Smith pick had absolutely nothing to do with the Cutler trade. He was taken with what would have been our first this year. Our 10/11th pick in the draft will be from the compensation we got from Cutler.

turftoad
01-23-2010, 01:15 PM
The Alphonso Smith pick had absolutely nothing to do with the Cutler trade. He was taken with what would have been our first this year. Our 10/11th pick in the draft will be from the compensation we got from Cutler.

Thats right. We gave up the #14 overall this year for him. The #14 overall (even a DB) should pretty much start right out of the shoot.

That was dumb move and also a huge reach.

Ziggy
01-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Thats right. We gave up the #14 overall this year for him. The #14 overall (even a DB) should pretty much start right out of the shoot.

Could be, but I'll give the kid at least 2-3 years after the draft to prove whether or not he was worth the pick. I'm already on record as saying that McD made a mistake being so aggressive last season in a draft he wasn't prepared for, but every team makes mistakes in the draft.

Ziggy
01-23-2010, 01:31 PM
If you want the drama gone...then you better hope that McDaniels is gone. The drama began when he blew into town!

This team needed to be rebuilt. With rebuilding comes controversial moves, which leads to drama. I'd rather have the drama than a decade with just 1 playoff win.

Nomad
01-23-2010, 01:37 PM
This team needed to be rebuilt. With rebuilding comes controversial moves, which leads to drama. I'd rather have the drama than a decade with just 1 playoff win.

:lol: Drama cursed this team before Mcdaniels arrived but he has added fuel to the fire!! Marshall has made his own drama!!

WARHORSE
01-23-2010, 01:39 PM

First of all, no one knew it would be a pick at 14 when we traded the pick. Are we in turn going to wait to see how the 14th pick turns out, and then if he busts in the future, we all say, "See...........we did the right thing." Whats the old saying?

"Opinions are like buttholes..........everyone has one."

Also, there is the matter of money. If you believe your draft board, and you have the top rated corner on your board sitting in the second round, then you get him at a discounted rate. With the rookie salaries rising, while the risk of picking a bust staying the same, Id say its a pretty smart choice to make.

In the end, its ONE player, whether you pick him in the first, or the second.

KNOWING that they possibly have to pay Marshall, Kuper, Scheff, Dumerville and Orton this year, does anyone reallly think Denver is also trying to sign four first round draft picks in two years with the risk involved?

If Ayers or Knowshon bust.......the financial windfall is substantial. If Smith busts..............far less.

It was not a dumb move if you believe that come draft day, you stick to your board.:salute:

Not in my butthole anyways.;)

rcsodak
01-23-2010, 01:52 PM
If you want the drama gone...then you better hope that McDaniels is gone. The drama began when he blew into town!

When he wasn't a "shanny guy", the drama began.

Don't fool yourself.

I think being as young as he is, McD HAD to come in and set his foundation. Otherwise, vets might have tried to overrun their boundaries.

I think we'll see a different McD this year. Hell, I saw a more contrite, honest McD in his final presser.

Good things are coming...you have to have faith.

Hell...I remember how people were calling Dennison a TERRIBLE Oline coach. "he's a linebacker!" "he'll never be as good as Gibbs" "He's just another Shanny guy!"

Now, he's Gibbs reincarnate! :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2010, 01:57 PM

There was drama with the previous regime -

Rod Smith stated that when Plummer was benched for Cutler, it split the lockerroom

Draft picks which did not pan out

Players getting in trouble off the field

Ziggy
01-23-2010, 02:03 PM
There was drama with the previous regime -

Rod Smith stated that when Plummer was benched for Cutler, it split the lockerroom

Draft picks which did not pan out

Players getting in trouble off the field

Ihop, illegitimate children with millions guarunteed, complete draft years busted, firing the D coordinator every year......etc. etc. People forget that the first coach to be called 'little Napolean' was Mike Shanahan.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I keep reading this "he's only a possession receiver".. and "he doesn't like the pass over the shoulder".. and the "He only likes to catch passes with his shoulders to the QB." Odd.

I also think the writer is taking liberties by suggesting he knows how teams view him.

This first paragraph is taken from an article explaining Larry Fitzgerald's contract extension in 2008, after his fourth season in the NFL. I just replaced Marshall's and Andre Johnson's name and stats in place of Larry's, for comparisons... using all three first four years in the NFL.

Larry Fitzgerald caught 100 passes for 1,409 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Cardinals last season. In 60 career games over four seasons, all in Arizona, he has 330 receptions for 4,544 yards -- a 13.8 yards-per-catch average -- and 34 touchdowns.

Brandon Marshall caught 101 passes for 1,120 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Broncos last season. In 60 career games over four seasons, all for Denver, he has 327 receptions for 4,019 yards -- a 12.8 yards-per-catch average -- and 27 touchdowns.

Andre Johnson caught 103 passers for 1,147 yards and 5 touchdowns for the Texans last season. In 60 career games over four seasons, all for Texas, he has 311 receptions for 3,953 yards -- an 12.7 yards-per-catch average -- and 17 touchdowns

For a "possession" receiver, his numbers sure do look good up against two of the very best WRs in the NFL. For a guy that doesn't like to 'catch the ball over teh shoulder"... I would say his yardage and ypc are pretty damned good n comparison. For a guy that only likes to have his shoulders turned to the QB when he catches the ball, I would say his TD numbers look pretty impressive.

**EDIT** It should have been 5 TDs in Andre Johnson's 4th season. He has 1147 yrds and 5 TDs

Ziggy
01-23-2010, 02:15 PM
I keep reading this "he's only a possession receiver".. and "he doesn't like the pass over the shoulder".. and the "He only likes to catch passes with his shoulders to the QB." Odd.

I also think the writer is taking liberties by suggesting he knows how teams view him.

This first paragraph is taken from an article explaining Larry Fitzgerald's contract extension in 2008, after his fourth season in the NFL. I just replaced Marshall's and Andre Johnson's name and stats in place of Larry's, for comparisons... using all three first four years in the NFL.

Larry Fitzgerald caught 100 passes for 1,409 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Cardinals last season. In 60 career games over four seasons, all in Arizona, he has 330 receptions for 4,544 yards -- a 13.8 yards-per-catch average -- and 34 touchdowns.

Brandon Marshall caught 101 passes for 1,120 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Broncos last season. In 60 career games over four seasons, all for Denver, he has 327 receptions for 4,019 yards -- a 12.8 yards-per-catch average -- and 27 touchdowns.

Andre Johnson caught 103 passers for 1,147 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Texans last season. In 60 career games over four seasons, all for Texas, he has 311 receptions for 3,953 yards -- an 12.7 yards-per-catch average -- and 17 touchdowns

For a "possession" receiver, his numbers sure do look good up against two of the very best WRs in the NFL. For a guy that doesn't like to 'catch the ball over teh shoulder"... I would say his yardage and ypc are pretty damned good n comparison. For a guy that only likes to have his shoulders turned to the QB when he catches the ball, I would say his TD numbers look pretty impressive.

That's a great case Ravage. It also doesn't mention that Boldin and Andre both had better QB's and played in the same system for those 3 seasons.

Ziggy
01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I think the biggest argument with Brandon is the risk that you take with giving him millions guarunteed. While his numbers are comparible or better than Boldin and Andre's, there's not a GM in the league that would rather have Marshall than either one of those 2. His talent on the field is unquestionable. It's his 12 year old mentality that will keep him from getting the same kind of contract that Boldin and Andre will.

Lonestar
01-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Marshall has loads of talent few question that.

Ziggy makes one of the points I have believed since the "accident" in Florida when he almost lost the usr of his arm.

If that was not a wake up call, not sure what it take to get through to him.

Then after seemingly GETTING it after being suspended in TC, he had a killer season.

But then he decides he can't play in one of the most curcial games of the, he destroys what ever "next contract" value he had built up all year. To say that was childish is an understatement.

Regardless of talent lots of GM's and Hc's are going to think hard and long about going after him.

Much to my dismay I do not believe he is smart enough to grow up. I don't want to guarantee him any money.

If he was a maroon with 2.2 mil, just think how stupid he can get with 10-15 guaranteed and 10 per year. That could be epic DUMB.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

WARHORSE
01-23-2010, 07:48 PM
I think the biggest argument with Brandon is the risk that you take with giving him millions guarunteed. While his numbers are comparible or better than Boldin and Andre's, there's not a GM in the league that would rather have Marshall than either one of those 2. His talent on the field is unquestionable. It's his 12 year old mentality that will keep him from getting the same kind of contract that Boldin and Andre will.

I cant agree with that Ziggy. Boldin better than Marshall? No way.

Boldin is always injured for one thing. For another, he looks to punish those looking to tackle him sometimes....While inspiring for your team, it leads to a short lived career.

Marshall is far more elusive than Boldin imo. Brandon makes the first guys miss. Not as much this year, but it was because of the offense we are running. Everyone knows the pass is going to be short.

Put Brandon back in a conventional style offense, and he will be even better imo.

The production is the key. Who would you rather have.....Marshall or Andre?

I really think in our style of offense, you want Brandon, but we're talkin about splittin hairs here.

Brandon is a very, very good WR.

And someone will pay for him.............

Ziggy
01-23-2010, 09:36 PM
If you're talking about straight up talent on the field, Marshall is right in the hunt with everyone. The reason I said that any GM would rather have Boldin or Andre is because of the risk of losing millions if Marshall has more off the field trouble. That and the fact that he acts like a child in practice and at times in games. The most talented receiver in the game does you no good whatsoever if he is sitting at home on a suspension on Sundays. I just hope he stays out of trouble long enough for us to trade him.

Lonestar
01-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Right on Ziggy I have been saying that for a long time.

I almost reversed myslef because he looked like he had turned the corner this year playing to Joshes tune and the Hugs in the sidelines. Thought he finnaly got it.

Then he had to get stupid the last week of the season. Almost like he got to his goal 100 catches and then he logged off for his bronco career. I hope that was not it, but it will cost him millions. Yes I know that Josh said after the fact he most likely would not played but to force the issue during the week was beyond dumb as it TOLD the chefs not to worry about him at all.

He showed his colors (not Blue or Orange) and burnt a lot of bridges with that stunt.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Nomad
01-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Read at BM that per ESPN, Nolan is pursuing Dumervil and Dolphins are looking into Marshall as well!! So i hope MCD secures Dumervil here!!

Nomad
01-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I know it's that time of the year where rumors run wild and it's all speculation but have any of you Denver people heard this one on the local sports radio??
I wouldn't like this trading up at all, not even for SUH!!
__________________________________________________ _____

#1 Today, 09:37 AM
JDAcord

Mississippi Mudwalkin... Join Date: Dec 2008

Rumor Trading up for #1 pick.
Pops called me this morning and said he heard talk on a Sport radio station that Denver might be interested in trading up for the # 1 pick.

NOW DON"T FLAME ME THIS IS JUST A RUMOR THEY PUT OUT ON THE RADIO!

But here would be the angles of the trade.

Denver would send either their #1,2 and 3 picks to St. Louis for the #1 overall with Denver selecting Suh DT Nebraska.

Then with this same trade in place we would trade Marshall to Seattle for our original 1st round pick back and a 3rd.

or

We would trade our #1 and 2 picks + cash considerations to St. Louis for the number 1 overall.

Then Marshall getting traded either back to Seattle for the 1st rounder or best offer from another team.

I would absolutely love this scenio if it happened Suh is a once in a life time talent and would completely change the face of this D.

And we really wouldn't be losing to much beside and disgruntled WR already on his way out and a 2nd round pick.

I would take it in a heartbeat.

Sidenote: There was also talk about us drafting McClain ILB Alabama and trading DJ Williams to Cleveland for Shaun Rogers.

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST WHAT WAS HEARD, THROUGH TALK, SORRY I DON"T HAVE A LINK OR SOURCE SO CALL B.S. IF YOU WANT. THIS WAS HEARD ON LATE NIGHT SPORTS RADIO.

tomjonesrocks
01-24-2010, 02:18 PM
This team spent the Cutler picks poorly IMO. Thus, a trade just doesn't excite me in this light--even though I think there's few commodities more annoying than diva WRs.

Ziggy
01-24-2010, 03:57 PM
This team spent the Cutler picks poorly IMO. Thus, a trade just doesn't excite me in this light--even though I think there's few commodities more annoying than diva WRs.

The Cutler picks haven't all been spent. The 10/11th pick that we have is from that trade. If you want to call Ayers and Quinn busts after their rookie seasons, then go ahead. It just makes you look foolish.