PDA

View Full Version : Reuben Droughns under investigation for growing pot

broncofaninfla
01-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Reuben Droughns under investigation for growing pot (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/22/reuben-droughns-under-investigation-for-growing-pot/)

Posted by Mike Florio on January 22, 2010 11:15 AM ET
Running back Reuben Droughns exited the NFL fraternity after the 2008 season.

He could be exiting the free society soon.

Julie Hayden of FOX 31 reports (via Westword.com (http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/01/ex-bronco_reuben_droughns_gets.php)) Droughns is under investigation (http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-droughns-marijuana-012110,0,4741565.story) for growing marijuana.

In his house.

Per the report, DEA agents searched the place and found an indoor marijuana farm in the spare bedrooms. (On the bright side, it's a great way to avoid overnight visitors.)

Droughns claims that he needs it for medicinal purposes.

The DEA reportedly isn't buying it. But we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, any doctor worth his degree would recommend the regular consumption of, you know, food. And if Droughns is growing the pot so that he can sell it for money and use the money to buy the food that any doctor would recommend he consume, then it's technically medicinal.

Droughns played for the Lions, Broncos, Browns, and Giants. He rushed for more than 1,200 yards in 2004 with Denver and again in 2005 with Cleveland.

MileHighCrew
01-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Why am I not shocked by this

Hoser
01-22-2010, 11:51 AM
:laugh:

Another guy that shouldn't have pushed his way out of Denver...

Goes well with Cutler and Ashley Lelie.

CoachChaz
01-22-2010, 11:52 AM
What's the deal with Denver RB's and their love of weed? If Redskins RB's suddenly start getting busted...I think we'll have the answer

weazel
01-22-2010, 12:16 PM
shocking!!!

people smoke weed?

yawn.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-22-2010, 01:00 PM
I used to grow back when I had a pair.

AlWilsonizKING
01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
:rolleyes:
I know soooooooooooo many people who grow....and I'm not talking 2-3 plants in their closet. Massive grow-ops. With the surge in dispenaries popping up around the country, it's no wonder more people are growing.....the shops need suppliers.

Maybe instead of going after people who grow a weed, that occurs naturally in nature, why not deal with the underage drinkers and alcohol abusers....or better yet the manmade drugs that are causing more harm than a weed is.

Just my .02..........take it for what it's worth.

Go Reuben!!!!!

PEACE!!!

rationalfan
01-22-2010, 01:25 PM
can't wait for the morality police to condemn him and revise their histories on how they hated him during his time in denver. ugh.

BroncoTech
01-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Free the weed!

dogfish
01-22-2010, 01:54 PM
i hear mike anderson got him started. . .

:bandit:

CoachChaz
01-22-2010, 01:57 PM
i hear mike anderson got him started. . .

:bandit:

Anderson got him hooked...Henry taught him how to cultivate

Nomad
01-22-2010, 02:01 PM
:rolleyes:
I know soooooooooooo many people who grow....and I'm not talking 2-3 plants in their closet. Massive grow-ops. With the surge in dispenaries popping up around the country, it's no wonder more people are growing.....the shops need suppliers.

Maybe instead of going after people who grow a weed, that occurs naturally in nature, why not deal with the underage drinkers and alcohol abusers....or better yet the manmade drugs that are causing more harm than a weed is.

Just my .02..........take it for what it's worth.

Go Reuben!!!!!

PEACE!!!

While I don't do it, I see smoking weed no different than drinking booze!! Just think they actually sell Everclear off the shelves at liquor stores!!

AlWilsonizKING
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
While I don't do it, I see smoking weed no different than drinking booze!! Just think they actually sell Everclear off the shelves at liquor stores!!

Not to get too off topic......and don't want to break the CoC.......but....

Weed is far more S.A.F.E.R. (http://www.saferchoice.org/safercolorado06/) than drinking. Though it isn't without it's own side effects, it is better than alchohol, IMO.

PEACE!!!