PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Thomas Arrested

Slick
03-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Just saw this on another forum.

Wow

http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/2008/03/02/marcus-thomas-arrested-in-clay-county/

Marcus Thomas arrested in Clay County
Posted: Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 at 9:42 pm

The Times-Union

Denver Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas was arrested in Clay County and charged with possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop early Saturday, according to Thomas’ attorney and a Clay County Sheriff’s Office arrest log.

A full police report was not available at press time Sunday evening.

Thomas, 22, a former University of Florida and Mandarin High standout, was a passenger in the car, according to Charles Truncale, Thomas’ attorney.

“He [Thomas] was in a vehicle in which a small plastic baggie containing what appeared to be a trace amount of cocaine was found. He [Thomas] did not possess it, nor did he have knowledge of it, until the stop of the vehicle. That’s what happened. He is not guilty of the charge from which he has been arrested,” Truncale told the Times-Union.

Truncale said both the driver and Thomas were arrested because police didn’t know which man to charge.

Thomas recently finished his rookie season with the Broncos after being selected in the fourth round last April. He was suspended for most of his final season at Florida in 2006 after he had a positive drug test, then for violating curfew and drug rehabilitation class provisions of a contract he signed to remain with the team.

Thomas played in all 16 games for the Broncos in 2007 and had 20 tackles.

Brand
03-02-2008, 10:23 PM
shiite

Requiem / The Dagda
03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Cool, so we like what, have one tackle now? LOL.

BeefStew25
03-02-2008, 10:26 PM
What a dip shit. This puts Shanny in a tough position.

I guess I can't say I am surprised. Sounds like he was in Orange Park.

dogfish
03-02-2008, 10:26 PM
shit!

i really hope it wasn't his-- and i really hope he can prove that. . .

i won't freak out or judge until all the facts come out, but no matter how you slice it that is some serious bad news-- at the very best, dude needs to be smarter than to hang out with people who are going to get him in trouble. . . he told shanahan he'd keep his nose clean, this is the type of problem he doesn't need. . . .

:frusty: :frusty:

Buff
03-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Ouch... That pretty much officially makes last year's draft a bust... No way we should have traded up for Jarvis Moss and no way we should have even drafted Thomas, let alone given up picks for him...

Not to mention makes us paper thin assuming he'll be serving a suspension at some point.

BeefStew25
03-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Seriously, lets just lock him in a cage.

tubby
So what. He can do a backflip.

UnderArmour
Sounds like he's gonna get off with nothing. I don't think we have a whole lot to be worried about.

BeefStew25
03-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Sounds like he's gonna get off with nothing. I don't think we have a whole lot to be worried about.

His buddy is going to pick out the Escalade of his choice if he takes the rap.

Buff
03-02-2008, 10:31 PM

Ha, yeah, if his lawyer says he's innocent... Let him walk.

tubby
03-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Ouch... That pretty much officially makes last year's draft a bust... No way we should have traded up for Jarvis Moss and no way we should have even drafted Thomas, let alone given up picks for him...

Not to mention makes us paper thin assuming he'll be serving a suspension at some point.

Relax Buff. Time will determine the success of the 2007 draft. And why would you assume he will be serving a suspension. He is innocent, it wasn't his.

frauschieze
03-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I am reserving judgment, but da-amn, Marcus. Why are you hanging out with someone that can get you in trouble?

UnderArmour
03-02-2008, 10:33 PM

Damn right.

Escobar
03-02-2008, 10:35 PM
WTE 1 bronco fans 0

BeefStew25
03-02-2008, 10:36 PM
WTE 1 bronco fans 0

Your starting RB can't vote.

dogfish
03-02-2008, 10:37 PM

if it wasn't his shit, you must acquit. . . .

frauschieze
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
if it wasn't his shit, you must acquit. . . .

You know it! :laugh:

Buff
03-02-2008, 10:40 PM
The good news is he wasn't driving... So if he can get his buddy to take the rap, chances are he may walk... Even so, I'll be interested to see how Goodell and Co. handle him-- He's shown that he's not afraid to suspend on an arrest alone.

BeefStew25
03-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Marcus himself said he needed to stay out of Jacksonville. He is an idiot.

turftoad
03-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah... When Shanny drafted him, Thomas promised Shanny that he wouldn't regret it and that he'd stay out of trouble................ so much for that.

Buff
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Didn't Shanny also say something along the lines of having a zero strike policy-- one and done with Thomas?

frauschieze
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I have to wonder.......how hard is it NOT to get arrested?

BeefStew25
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Didn't Shanny also say something along the lines of having a zero strike policy-- one and done with Thomas?

I think so...that is why Shanny is going to waffle and say the legal process needs to play itself out. Maybe hook him up to a lie detector.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Don't worry, the lie detector test is coming, and I gave Florio over at PFT some fun to play with if he'd like.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/hartcavalcade/thomascoke.jpg

Buff
03-02-2008, 10:52 PM
I think so...that is why Shanny is going to waffle and say the legal process needs to play itself out. Maybe hook him up to a lie detector.

Yeah, Shanny has to sleep in the bed he made now...

I guess the silver lining here is that it forces us to address DT through the draft or via trade even more aggresively.

turftoad
03-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Don't worry, the lie detector test is coming, and I gave Florio over at PFT some fun to play with if he'd like.

You need to just keep to yourself and keep your mouth shut. You're not doing anyone any favors.

BeefStew25
03-02-2008, 10:54 PM

Email him the one of you playing with a light saber.

Buff
You need to just keep to yourself and keep your mouth shut. You're not doing anyone any favors.

Chill out toad, he's just having a little fun...

Requiem / The Dagda

Oh believe me, this is the sort of stuff Florio is going to go nuts about. :)

BroncoJoe
03-02-2008, 10:55 PM
“He [Thomas] was in a vehicle in which a small plastic baggie containing what appeared to be a trace amount of cocaine was found. He [Thomas] did not possess it, nor did he have knowledge of it, until the stop of the vehicle. That’s what happened. He is not guilty of the charge from which he has been arrested,” Truncale told the Times-Union.

That kind of sums up this story.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-02-2008, 10:57 PM
That kind of sums up this story.

That doesn't matter. The league won't care. He was arrested. The league can come down on us regardless, and with Thomas being arrested again - that puts us in a predicament as well, and defensive tackle was already a position to worry about to begin with.

With all the arrests lately with Broncos, the league could take picks away.

Regardless of it being his or not is really inconsequential.

It's bad business.

ChampWJ
03-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I knew this was coming. I saw him and his entourage at a restaurant a few months back and they had a certain "odor" to them.

DenverBronkHoes
03-02-2008, 11:04 PM
innocent til proven guilty

little note...... always know what is in your car traveling with you..... whether its yours or not. Whether its in the ashtray or the trunk

Playing stupid only makes u look stupid-ER

Tned
03-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Innocent until proven guilty, but this is reminiscent of the college problems he promised would be behind him.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Innocent until proven guilty, but this is reminiscent of the college problems he promised would be behind him.

Technically, but for the team and to the league it just looks really bad. Not to mention, it just re-iterates what you just said - about not living up to promises.

Think of it this way, if he got cut over this, what would we do at DT? We'd be in so much trouble.

turftoad
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
innocent til proven guilty

little note...... always know what is in your car traveling with you..... whether its yours or not. Whether its in the ashtray or the trunk

Playing stupid only makes u look stupid-ER

Still............... stay away from any scum that may get you trouble. They guys got a huge future ahead of him. Why take the chance.

DenverBronkHoes
03-02-2008, 11:13 PM
noway am i supporting him.....

no matter how u slice, the guy is a moron.

Some people dont know how special it is to be a member of the NFL......

if it was some weed i would b a little more understanding....

theres no excuse for coke....... no excuse for anything sniffed or shot in the veins

str8jacket
03-02-2008, 11:14 PM

theres no excuse for coke....... no excuse for anything sniffed or shot in the veins

No excuse for anything when youre on a pedestal like these guys.

SR
03-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Nothing surprises me these days. Next thing you know Champ Bailey announces he was born a female and is addicted to the adds in Playgirl magazine.

BeefStew25
03-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Nothing surprises me these days. Next thing you know Champ Bailey announces he was born a female and is addicted to the adds in Playgirl magazine.

Or the USAF buys Airbus....oh, wait....

SR
03-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Or the USAF buys Airbus....oh, wait....

I hate my life.

Chidoze
03-02-2008, 11:19 PM

I'm with you there, drugs r bad!

Superchop 7
03-02-2008, 11:43 PM
No DUI ??????

Since they weren't driving drunk, I'll reserve judgement till all the facts are in.

fcspikeit
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
I knew this was coming. I saw him and his entourage at a restaurant a few months back and they had a certain "odor" to them.

I seen a thread a while back on BM where someone said they seen a Broncos player and they seen him doing drugs. They wouldn't say who the player was. I had a feeling it was Thomas..

Was it you who started that thread?

Scarface
03-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Time to pick up the phone and call the Jets again.

ChampWJ
I seen a thread a while back on BM where someone said they seen a Broncos player and they seen him doing drugs. They wouldn't say who the player was. I had a feeling it was Thomas..

Was it you who started that thread?

If it was, I know I wouldn't have stated the players' name on purpose in case any higher ups were reading. Now that it's out there though. I think I remember a couple of threads like that.

EDIT: I looked through the threads I started over there and that wasn't one of them. I may have made a post about it in a thread though.

shank

i feel the same way. i think this shit is whodey's revenge. he's framing all the broncos players because of the smack forum on BM...

as unshocked as i am that ANOTHER bronco did something stupid, i actually AM surprised to see that it's marcus thomas. he of all people knew he had to, and promised to keep his nose clean, and was the prospective starter and star DT in our defense.

i love his talent and potential and with our current situation at his position, i could never in a million years say that we should cut him, but i will publicly rally that we return to being a class organization and stop taking talent over character from here on out.

with how many issues we've had with the law, we are quickly becoming the new bengals, and like dream said, i wouldn't be surprised to see the league do something about it by punishing the team. let's hope they fine coaches before taking away picks, because we already need all the picks that we have...

no, not surprised. yes, very disappointed and sad at what the broncos are becoming; the butt of jokes. have fun WTE.:salute:

(hopefully nothing comes of this, and i'm surprised the passenger was arrested.. don't they usually just take in the driver of the car and hold them responsible? we NEED marcus thomas)

fcspikeit
03-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Technically, but for the team and to the league it just looks really bad. Not to mention, it just re-iterates what you just said - about not living up to promises.

Think of it this way, if he got cut over this, what would we do at DT? We'd be in so much trouble.

The arrests keep piling up. This is getting embarrassing! Seriously, WTF, when did the Denver Broncos turn into the Oakland Raiders? Something must be done!

I don't care if it was his stuff.. Oviusly it is better if it wasn't but why is he hanging out with trash like that? It pisses me off. Mikey should have never waisted a pick on him, not just that but we don't have a 3rd this year because of this guy.

Please Mikey let this be a lesson. No more taking chances on guys with bad character. We do not need this!

We will never get any closer to the truth then this. No matter what is said, there is no way to prove it was his or not. People can reserve judgment all they want but even if he is convicted it wont prove it was his. The other guy can just say it was and Thomas could take the fall, even if the other guy takes the fall, that don't prove it wasn't Thomas'

The damage is done....

fcspikeit
03-03-2008, 12:15 AM
If it was, I know I wouldn't have stated the players' name on purpose in case any higher ups were reading. Now that it's out there though. I think I remember a couple of threads like that.

EDIT: I looked through the threads I started over there and that wasn't one of them. I may have made a post about it in a thread though.

The thread wasn't titled "I seen a Broncos player doing drugs" or anything like that. The OP was asking about drug testing in the off season. it came out later the reason he was asking was because he seen a Bronco at a club with a group doing drugs.

DenBronx
03-03-2008, 12:19 AM
i hope shanahan has learned his lesson....STOP DRAFTING QUESTIONABLE PLAYERS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

OB
03-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Seriously, lets just lock him in a cage.
I say we lock up all these punk ass bitches till they realize how good they have it

Whats league rookie min salary - like 200k a year - to SIT on the bench and go to football practice - OMG the pressure - bunch of punk ass thugs and the LEAGUE - the whole Major league of sports needs to start cracking down on all criminals - if you get charged with a crime - convicted or plead guilty or nolo - say bye bye to your job - i would lose my 25k a yr job if any iota of the things these dumb ****s get caught doing

its - BS!!!!!!!!!

Im not making a judgment on Thomas only - its all the BS in all the major sports - this is just such crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NameUsedBefore
03-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Well it appears he had no idea it was in the car, but the fact he was hanging out with someone who had it...

OB
03-03-2008, 12:24 AM
The arrests keep piling up. This is getting embarrassing! Seriously, WTF, when did the Denver Broncos turn into the Oakland Raiders? Something must be done!

I don't care if it was his stuff.. Oviusly it is better if it wasn't but why is he hanging out with trash like that? It pisses me off. Mikey should have never waisted a pick on him, not just that but we don't have a 3rd this year because of this guy.

Please Mikey let this be a lesson. No more taking chances on guys with bad character. We do not need this!

We will never get any closer to the truth then this. No matter what is said, there is no way to prove it was his or not. People can reserve judgment all they want but even if he is convicted it wont prove it was his. The other guy can just say it was and Thomas could take the fall, even if the other guy takes the fall, that don't prove it wasn't Thomas'

The damage is done....

its not just the broncos, bengals raiders or chargers - ITS ALL OF SPORTS

America needs to wake up - seriously - we as the public need to do something about this - and that is not supporting teams and players and leagues that dont punish HARSHLY

OB
03-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Well it appears he had no idea it was in the car, but the fact he was hanging out with someone who had it...

My mother always told me when i was growing up - u r who u hang with

If A & B are doing drugs its 99.9% likely C is doing them also

How many people hang out with drinkers and dont drink - how many hang with smokers who dont smoke - see where im going with this :rolleyes:pathetic :tsk::tsk:

shank
03-03-2008, 12:33 AM

How many people hang out with drinkers and dont drink - how many hang with smokers who dont smoke - see where im going with this :rolleyes:pathetic :tsk::tsk:

my roommate doesn't drink and i do.

in high school everyone i hung out with smoked, and i never did.

(devil's advocate)

i agree with you, there should be much stiffer penalties for this stuff, but then superstars are losing their jobs and attendance goes down. OH NO!!!

we CAN'T cut marcus, he is our DT. the one and only.

i asked above, is FL diff than CO? in CO only the driver would have been arrested as far as i know. if it's in your car, it's your possession.

SR
03-03-2008, 12:50 AM
They'll give him a piss test and the whole gamut of questions, etc. If he comes back clean and is really being honest about not knowing what was in the vehicle, I see no reason to punish him.

DenverBronkHoes
03-03-2008, 12:55 AM
i hope shanahan has learned his lesson....STOP DRAFTING QUESTIONABLE PLAYERS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

and picking them up in free agency

DenverBronkHoes
03-03-2008, 12:56 AM
well.........

guess that means its time to PACK A BOWL!!!!!!

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

fcspikeit
03-03-2008, 12:58 AM

Birds of a feather flock together..

I have to say, I am a little shocked you would take this stand with your user name of 420..

Does 420 stand for something other then time to get high?

OB
03-03-2008, 01:00 AM
They'll give him a piss test and the whole gamut of questions, etc. If he comes back clean and is really being honest about not knowing what was in the vehicle, I see no reason to punish him.

They have 72 hours - the only drug that stays in your systems for any length of time is MJ

By the time they think about testing him it may be to late

Although being in a car with a baggie that once contained some coke is hardly room for my tirade - i just get tired of hearing so n so has been arrested - not saying he's guilty - but if there was a time to do the shit its now - on the offseason -

DenverBronkHoes
03-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Birds of a feather flock together..

I have to say, I am a little shocked you would take this stand with your user name of 420..

Does 420 stand for something other then time to get high?

4/20 is also hitler's bday

4/20 is also the most celebrated underground holiday

its a day of peace and love.........

DenverBronkHoes
03-03-2008, 01:05 AM
it isnt right to be screwing around in any part of the season......

thomas needs to grow up... hes a man now..... this is petty crap that will only ruin his career. Its makes our team look very bad

OB
03-03-2008, 01:09 AM
it isnt right to be screwing around in any part of the season......

thomas needs to grow up... hes a man now..... this is petty crap that will only ruin his career. Its makes our team look very bad

Seriously - if i had to give up 420 to keep my lowly 25k a yr job i would i cant imagine not giving it up for a min 200k - :rolleyes: - hell play/sit bench for 10 yearsw - retire, invest, grow and live the rest of your life in bliss - dumb fu**s

dogfish
03-03-2008, 01:15 AM

nice avi, who is it?

SR
03-03-2008, 01:18 AM
nice avi, who is it?

Kat Von D.

OB
03-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Kat Von D.

Is she the one in the doomsday movie coming out?

SR
03-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Is she the one in the doomsday movie coming out?

No. She's a tattoo artist. She used to be on Miami Ink that was on TLC, but was fired from that shop, opened up her own shop called LA Ink and now has a show on TLC.

fcspikeit
03-03-2008, 01:36 AM
4/20 is also hitler's bday

4/20 is also the most celebrated underground holiday

its a day of peace and love.........

Well I'm pretty sure he isn't celebrating Hitler's birthday :lol:

"its a day of peace and love........." :huh: :confused: Is that like the rainbow people who get together, huge some tree's, smoke a lot of weed and sleep in the dirt for a couple weeks?

Up in Sun Valley Idaho a lot of people get together and do that. They call it the Rainbow gathering or something like that. These dumb kids hitchhike there and have no way home. I have had a couple begging me for money for a bus ticket. I work in Sun Vally in the Summer.

I thought it was funny, They stand for all these off the wall issues like saving the tree's & animals, Then they beg for money from a guy wearing camo who builds houses from the lumber taken from all these tree's they want to save. :laugh:

*Edit* I told them they needed to grow up and make better choices in life, then I gave them money to get home. That wasn't even the worst part. After getting the money they gave me a huge :( Neither had showered in a while and they smelled really bad. I would have been worried about getting head lice but I doubt even lice could live in those dreads..

OB
03-03-2008, 01:37 AM
No. She's a tattoo artist. She used to be on Miami Ink that was on TLC, but was fired from that shop, opened up her own shop called LA Ink and now has a show on TLC.

Dont watch either but know what u r talking about

u like overly tattooed women?

OB
03-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Well I'm pretty sure he isn't celebrating Hitler's birthday :lol:

"its a day of peace and love........." :huh: :confused: Is that like the rainbow people who get together, huge some tree's, smoke a lot of weed and sleep in the dirt for a couple weeks?

Up in Sun Valley Idaho a lot of people get together and do that. They call it the Rainbow gathering or something like that. These dumb kids hitchhike there and have no way home. I have had a couple begging me for money for a bus ticket. I work in Sun Vally in the Summer.

I thought it was funny, They stand for all these off the wall issues like saving the tree's & animals, Then they beg for money from a guy wearing camo who builds houses from the lumber taken from all these tree's they want to save. :laugh:

do u know how many people on BM accused me of being a hitler lover cause i celebrate 4/20 - the orig story i heard was a bunch a kids in cali always got together after school at 420 to get high - i never even knew it was hitlers bday till someone over there accused me of being a nazi freak lover thing cause i celebrated 4/20 :coffee: - idiots

D1g1tal j1m
03-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Broncos DT Thomas arrested for cocaine suspicion
By Bill Williamson
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 03/02/2008 11:15:39 PM MST

Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance early Saturday morning in northeast Florida and spent the night in jail.

Thomas, the Broncos' fourth-round draft choice in 2007, was kicked off the University of Florida's national championship team in 2006 because he tested positive for marijuana multiple times.

This time, police in Clay County, Fla., found cocaine in a car in which Thomas was a passenger. Neither Thomas nor the driver admitted it was his, and both men were arrested. Thomas was released Sunday morning.

The Broncos were looking into the incident and had no comment.

Thomas' agent and high school coach, Richard Burnoski, said Thomas was innocent.

"I don't think charges will be formally filed," Burnoski said Sunday night. "But the damage has been done. In the court of public opinion, this looks horrible. Marcus knows it. He has been very upset. He's depressed by this. He's embarrassed. He never wanted to let the Broncos down."

Burnoski said police found a trace amount of cocaine in the middle console of a car in which Thomas was the passenger.

Burnoski said Thomas, a Jacksonville native, was coming back to Denver and was having a going-away party.

"Marcus was drinking, but he did the right thing by getting a ride," Burnoski said. "He had no idea there was drugs in the car."

Burnoski said that Thomas took a drug test after his release and that it came back negative. Burnoski said the NFL and the Broncos will be sent the results of the test.

While a football player at Florida, Thomas sought treatment for drug use and passed almost 20 weekly tests leading up to the draft, He was considered a top-10 prospect but fell to the fourth round. The Broncos traded this year's third-round pick to Minnesota to select Thomas at No. 121 overall. He became a starter and was expected to be a major part of the Broncos' defense in 2008.

Thomas said several times last year that he had learned his lesson and didn't want to jeopardize his chances of NFL success.

"Honest to God, Marcus didn't know the cocaine was there," Burnoski said. "But because of the past, people will have a hard time believing him. But I do believe he will not be charged with this."

------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't look like he did anything intentionally to cause harm other than staying late out at a party set up by others to wish him farewell. I don't fault him from getting a ride from someone because he was probably too drunk to drive himself. Looks like he got a ride from the wrong "friend". He was released and took a drug test that supposedly came back negative so he probably won't get suspended.

I won't lose any sleep over this until told by the league otherwise.

turftoad
03-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Broncos DT Thomas arrested for cocaine suspicion
By Bill Williamson
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 03/02/2008 11:15:39 PM MST

Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance early Saturday morning in northeast Florida and spent the night in jail.

Thomas, the Broncos' fourth-round draft choice in 2007, was kicked off the University of Florida's national championship team in 2006 because he tested positive for marijuana multiple times.

This time, police in Clay County, Fla., found cocaine in a car in which Thomas was a passenger. Neither Thomas nor the driver admitted it was his, and both men were arrested. Thomas was released Sunday morning.

The Broncos were looking into the incident and had no comment.

Thomas' agent and high school coach, Richard Burnoski, said Thomas was innocent.

"I don't think charges will be formally filed," Burnoski said Sunday night. "But the damage has been done. In the court of public opinion, this looks horrible. Marcus knows it. He has been very upset. He's depressed by this. He's embarrassed. He never wanted to let the Broncos down."

Burnoski said police found a trace amount of cocaine in the middle console of a car in which Thomas was the passenger.

Burnoski said Thomas, a Jacksonville native, was coming back to Denver and was having a going-away party.

"Marcus was drinking, but he did the right thing by getting a ride," Burnoski said. "He had no idea there was drugs in the car."

Burnoski said that Thomas took a drug test after his release and that it came back negative. Burnoski said the NFL and the Broncos will be sent the results of the test.

While a football player at Florida, Thomas sought treatment for drug use and passed almost 20 weekly tests leading up to the draft, He was considered a top-10 prospect but fell to the fourth round. The Broncos traded this year's third-round pick to Minnesota to select Thomas at No. 121 overall. He became a starter and was expected to be a major part of the Broncos' defense in 2008.

Thomas said several times last year that he had learned his lesson and didn't want to jeopardize his chances of NFL success.

"Honest to God, Marcus didn't know the cocaine was there," Burnoski said. "But because of the past, people will have a hard time believing him. But I do believe he will not be charged with this."

------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't look like he did anything intentionally to cause harm other than staying late out at a party set up by others to wish him farewell. I don't fault him from getting a ride from someone because he was probably too drunk to drive himself. Looks like he got a ride from the wrong "friend". He was released and took a drug test that supposedly came back negative so he probably won't get suspended.

I won't lose any sleep over this until told by the league otherwise.

He learned his lesson alright.

atwater27
03-03-2008, 01:45 AM
So what. He can do a backflip.

You are thinking of Walter Thomas.

dogfish
03-03-2008, 01:47 AM

if that part is true, this may not end up being a particularly big deal. . . or so i hope. . . certainly doesn't look good, but it's no crime to get a ride home from a party if you've been drinking. . . it hasn't even been reported whether the driver was a friend of his or not. . .

dogfish
03-03-2008, 01:47 AM
You are thinking of Walter Thomas.

actually, marcus did one also, during training camp-- there was a photo of it in the denver post or the rocky. . .

atwater27
03-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Oh believe me, this is the sort of stuff Florio is going to go nuts about. :)

I like PFT, but the guy is a total ********. He bashes the Broncos more than any site I can find. For no good reason. The guy wants to be more mainstream and get more hits on his site and look more legit, he needs to report the news straight up and get off of his bronco hating.

fcspikeit
03-03-2008, 01:59 AM
do u know how many people on BM accused me of being a hitler lover cause i celebrate 4/20 - the orig story i heard was a bunch a kids in cali always got together after school at 420 to get high - i never even knew it was hitlers bday till someone over there accused me of being a nazi freak lover thing cause i celebrated 4/20 :coffee: - idiots

"the orig story i heard was a bunch a kids in cali always got together after school at 420 to get high"

I heard it also had something to do with a specific person. Like the day a leader of some group got out of jail or something like that. He was the leader of some pot smoking group/cult. The story I heard was that people would get together and smoke weed to celebrate his release or acquittal or something to that affect...

atwater27
03-03-2008, 02:01 AM
If Thomas got a drug test back negative, he will be fine. Seriously, Why'd they get pulled over in the first place? Sounds like DWB to me. I hold no judgement for Marcus. Like getting a ride home when you are drinking is ever a bad idea. I don't think the league or Shanahan will do anything. Shanny will tell him, look dude we are screwed at DT, you need to step up in every way and this ain't helping. Then he will say thanks for not getting caught for a DUI, pat him on the back, and sign another 5th string wide receiver.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-03-2008, 02:06 AM
I like PFT, but the guy is a total ********. He bashes the Broncos more than any site I can find. For no good reason. The guy wants to be more mainstream and get more hits on his site and look more legit, he needs to report the news straight up and get off of his bronco hating.

It's not that he really hates him, his analysis and criticism of Shanahan are actually well due. Shanahan has been a crappy de-facto GM and has made a myriad of mistakes. Hence why Bowlen isn't letting him mess up anymore. Florio says what he says for a reason, and it's pretty solid if you ask me.

shank
03-03-2008, 02:06 AM
we should have written a "no going to florida" clause into his contract.

avoid falling into old patterns, that place (his 'friends') seem bad for him.

leave that shit behind marcus, at this point you're about as important to this team as champ bailey and jay cutler.

fcspikeit
03-03-2008, 02:13 AM
It's not that he really hates him, his analysis and criticism of Shanahan are actually well due. Shanahan has been a crappy de-facto GM and has made a myriad of mistakes. Hence why Bowlen isn't letting him mess up anymore. Florio says what he says for a reason, and it's pretty solid if you ask me.

Your not looking to make friends are you? :D

atwater27
03-03-2008, 02:19 AM

I will defend Shanny to the end. Florio is a pecker and probably a Raiders fan on top of it.

Stargazer
03-03-2008, 02:33 AM
We will see what happens. I am not quick to judge.

silkamilkamonico
03-03-2008, 03:57 AM
I will defend Shanny to the end. Florio is a pecker and probably a Raiders fan on top of it.

I will to. But I am extremely po'd at him for putting the team in the current state it is in.

WARHORSE
03-03-2008, 04:45 AM
If the story is true, then no harm done. Let it be a lesson to the man.

Retired_Member_001
03-03-2008, 05:16 AM
Damn Marcus, stop spending time with Travis Henry.

SoCoPoCo
03-03-2008, 06:22 AM
This is just not good. Right now he is the only solid DT we have and even being near the stuff just shows he is not making some good decisions.

nevcraw
03-03-2008, 06:42 AM
I think this will blow over. Hopefully the drug test will give the FO some piece of mind and they don't do anything rash. If anything this will be the final kick in the ass (not that he should need another) for Thomas to dedicate himself to his work and become the the player his talent allows.
Man - we need to catch some breaks.. Sick of all the negatives..

Nomad
03-03-2008, 08:05 AM
A leopard will never change their spots and it was eventually Thomas's name would come up in the news. I've never understood a person who gets a solid career but still hangs out with old friends who are outcasts and criminals.

Oh well, i have no sympathy for the guy. There are plenty of guys out their that will keep their nose clean to play in the NFL. They may not have the talent but character is a big factor also. The BRONCOS and Bengals have more in common than I thought.:tsk:

CoachChaz
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
You go out and have a few drinks and realize you probably shouldn't drive home. You find someone willing to give you a ride and on the way home you friend gets pulled over. During a search, they find a baggie in HIS car.

Should your boss have a talk with you about putting the company at risk? Let's relax until anything is proven to show a negative situation here.

Tned
03-03-2008, 08:37 AM
If Thomas got a drug test back negative, he will be fine. Seriously, Why'd they get pulled over in the first place? Sounds like DWB to me. I hold no judgement for Marcus. Like getting a ride home when you are drinking is ever a bad idea. I don't think the league or Shanahan will do anything. Shanny will tell him, look dude we are screwed at DT, you need to step up in every way and this ain't helping. Then he will say thanks for not getting caught for a DUI, pat him on the back, and sign another 5th string wide receiver.

I think it is pretty premature to turn this into a 'race' thing. I didn't see anything in that article that indicated 'why' the car was pulled over.

Since Thomas was drinking, and the car had coke in it, it is probably a safe bet the driver was also drinking or doing drugs,

To make the 'assumption' that they were pulled over because they were black, is just as racist as if they actually were pulled over for that reason. Did it ever even cross your mind that maybe the driver was speeding or driving erratic, and possibly endangering others on the roard? You know, the guy driving the car that came from the part and wehre there was coke found in the car?

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Lesson to be learned:

Don't trade up for guys with character issues.... I don't care how good they are.

Character should always be the first thing looked at when evaluating a player. If they don't have good character, move on. There is plenty of talent out there... get me a bunch of lesser talented guys with great character over a bunch of gangster what to bes any day.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
The Bengals have agreed to send a fourth- and fifth-round pick to the Jets for DT Dewayne Robertson.

Source: ESPN.com

This ticks me off BIG TIME! We have an extra 4th and 5th, and we couldn't match this deal or do better to bring in Robertson?!

Retired_Member_001
03-03-2008, 09:29 AM
The Bengals have agreed to send a fourth- and fifth-round pick to the Jets for DT Dewayne Robertson.

Source: ESPN.com

This ticks me off BIG TIME! We have an extra 4th and 5th, and we couldn't match this deal or do better to bring in Robertson?!

Shanahan decided that making that trade would actually help the DT position. Shanahan realized that this was unacceptable and that we should sign another scrub DT who has character issues through FA.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Thomas, 22, a former University of Florida and Mandarin High standout, was a passenger in the car, according to Charles Truncale, Thomas’ attorney.

If this wasn't Thomas' stuff.... All I have to say is.... What a great friend you have there Thomas.

CoachChaz
03-03-2008, 10:01 AM
This if completely ridiculous. I'm sure NO ONE here has a friend that partakes in any kind of drug abuse. The kid tries to do a smart thing and not drive himself home after drinking and suddenly his character issues are a problem. Are we serious?

BigDaddyBronco
03-03-2008, 10:08 AM
As I felt when Henry went through all he did. Until we hear more and he gets charged or has his day in court I will not pass judgement.

A few things in his favor are that his drug problems at Florida were with pot not coke, there were only "trace" amounts of coke in the car, he was getting a ride home because he was drinking (showing good judgement there), etc.

A few things against him were that he was in Jacksonville partying with people from his past and the person driving the car didn't own up to the coke being his.

I'll wait before passing judgement though.

SR
03-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Dont watch either but know what u r talking about

u like overly tattooed women?

If it fits the woman, yes. I like tattoos and piercings.

lex
03-03-2008, 10:19 AM
This if completely ridiculous. I'm sure NO ONE here has a friend that partakes in any kind of drug abuse. The kid tries to do a smart thing and not drive himself home after drinking and suddenly his character issues are a problem. Are we serious?

Exactly. He tests clean. I dont really see why people are jumping up and down about his character issues when it hasnt even been established that he has done anything wrong here, especially if his agent is correct.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 10:25 AM

Tell you what Coach, if you were my drug using friend, and I had a history of trouble. Then I was drafted in the NFL by a team who decided to trade up for him and took a big risk when I already slide pretty far in the draft because obviously despite my talent, they were the one team willing to take me in and take a chance on me, I would not want to take any chances by hanging out with you, especially in your car and with me knowing that you are a drug user. I mean... what are the odds that a drug using friend has drugs in his automobile? One more thing that would help me realize how much trouble I could or couldn't get myself in would of been the recent Travis Henry troubles as well as all the guys under investigation for steroid use.

It think it is pretty clear that athletes are under microscopes right now and you better be careful with the people you surround yourself around.

lex
03-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Tell you what Coach, if you were my drug using friend, and I had a history of trouble. Then I was drafted in the NFL by a team who decided to trade up for him and took a big risk when I already slide pretty far in the draft because obviously despite my talent, they were the one team willing to take me in and take a chance on me, I would not want to take any chances by hanging out with you, especially in your car and with me knowing that you are a drug user. I mean... what are the odds that a drug using friend has drugs in his automobile? One more thing that would help me realize how much trouble I could or couldn't get myself in would of been the recent Travis Henry troubles as well as all the guys under investigation for steroid use.

It think it is pretty clear that athletes are under microscopes right now and you better be careful with the people you surround yourself around.

Now youre just grasping at straws after you made such a big deal about the character issues.

topscribe
03-03-2008, 10:36 AM

Absolutely. There is even a scripture about avoiding the appearance of evil . . .

-----

GEM
03-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Just saw this on another forum.

Wow

http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/2008/03/02/marcus-thomas-arrested-in-clay-county/

Marcus Thomas arrested in Clay County
Posted: Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 at 9:42 pm

The Times-Union

Denver Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas was arrested in Clay County and charged with possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop early Saturday, according to Thomas’ attorney and a Clay County Sheriff’s Office arrest log.

A full police report was not available at press time Sunday evening.

Truncale said both the driver and Thomas were arrested because police didn’t know which man to charge.

Thomas recently finished his rookie season with the Broncos after being selected in the fourth round last April. He was suspended for most of his final season at Florida in 2006 after he had a positive drug test, then for violating curfew and drug rehabilitation class provisions of a contract he signed to remain with the team.

Thomas played in all 16 games for the Broncos in 2007 and had 20 tackles.

If that's truly the story, it should get thrown out. The DRIVER of the vehicle is ALWAYS responsible for things found in the car. Neither were possessing, but the bag was found in the car. The driver will ultimately be held responsible. At least, if that's truly how it went down.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM
If that's truly the story, it should get thrown out. The DRIVER of the vehicle is ALWAYS responsible for things found in the car. Neither were possessing, but the bag was found in the car. The driver will ultimately be held responsible. At least, if that's truly how it went down.

You know Thomas will get off on this one... and maybe his story is legit, but you still have to wonder why he was hanging out with an old drug buddy in the first place. Just like Henry... "I didn't smoke anything, but I may have been around friends that were." Why even put yourself in that situation! Hopefully Thomas truely learns from this and gets his shit together.

GEM
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
You know Thomas will get off on this one... and maybe his story is legit, but you still have to wonder why he was hanging out with an old drug buddy in the first place. Just like Henry... "I didn't smoke anything, but I may have been around friends that were." Why even put yourself in that situation! Hopefully Thomas truely learns from this and gets his shit together.

Oh I definately agree. Hopefully it opens his eyes that not only does he have to stay away from the drugs themselves, but also the lifestyle. Quickest way to be drug back into it is the people you associate with.

Mike
03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
You guys are over-reacting. How often do you ask your friends if they have any illegal material in the car before accepting a ride?

All we know from the story is that he acted in a relatively responsible manner...getting a ride instead of driving impaired. Should he choose his friends better? Sure...but let's wait and see if he actually did something illegal before we hang the guy.

slim
03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
What a dope.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 11:21 AM
You guys are over-reacting. How often do you ask your friends if they have any illegal material in the car before accepting a ride?

All we know from the story is that he acted in a relatively responsible manner...getting a ride instead of driving impaired. Should he choose his friends better? Sure...but let's wait and see if he actually did something illegal before we hang the guy.

I don't think anyone wants to hang the guy... they are just disappointed that he would still allow himself to be put in that situation after we traded up for him and took what was considered a huge risk by taking him. It isn't good when your name starts to show up on the police scanner.

slim
03-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't think anyone wants to hang the guy... they are just disappointed that he would still allow himself to be put in that situation after we traded up for him and took what was considered a huge risk by taking him. It isn't good when your name starts to show up on the police scanner.

After he was drafted he actually said that he planned to stay out of FL because there was too much risk of something like this happening. He should have listened to himself.

OB

Agreed - glad to see you back boss man ;)

Bronco9798
It's just like D-Will, you are a product and perceived as the people you hang out with. As a young player, you tell those guys you can't hang with them. I have a future and a career that not many people get a shot at. You change your surroundings and your friends to a more positive group of people. This is his own fault.

mclark
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
You have to wonder why these guys have no friends who aren't drug addicts.

mclark
03-03-2008, 11:39 AM

Disappointed? Yes.

turftoad
03-03-2008, 11:40 AM
It's just like D-Will, you are a product and perceived as the people you hang out with. As a young player, you tell those guys you can't hang with them. I have a future and a career that not many people get a shot at. You change your surroundings and your friends to a more positive group of people. This is his own fault.

Took the words right out of my mouth Kev.

BigDaddyBronco
03-03-2008, 11:45 AM
You have to wonder why these guys have no friends who aren't drug addicts.
I guess I would have to be a young black man from modest upbringings to answer that question. With the number of young black men in jail or prison I would have to say it's pretty hard to not have friends with questionable pasts or questionable professions.

The one thing I can't understand is the inability to cut ties with the people in your life who aren't walking the straight and narrow. I did when I went to college and again when I got a job and moved. I don't have the same financial motivation either.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 11:48 AM
I guess I would have to be a young black man from modest upbringings to answer that question. With the number of young black men in jail or prison I would have to say it's pretty hard to not have friends with questionable pasts or questionable professions.

The one thing I can't understand is the inability to cut ties with the people in your life who aren't walking the straight and narrow. I did when I went to college and again when I got a job and moved. I don't have the same financial motivation either.

I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with young black american role models. The pop culture has such a positive image.

BigDaddyBronco
03-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with young black american role models. The pop culture has such a positive image.
No kidding, and if your like Bill Cosby and point it out you get attacked from the black community.

Lonestar
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Well folks let me play devils advocate here ..

Thomas is not a Mensa candidate he went to school to play football, he has football friends and old buddies. During the season he is busy with teammates during he off season he has nothing to fall back on but his old friends..

I can see where this guy of questionable behavior might fall back into bad habits real easily..

I am not saying it is right just see how it could happen..

NOW if anyone should have known better it is Thomas after the henry fiasco, after being around the locker room of players that lived through the D Williams issue.. Knowing that your teammates have had issues with DUI back in DEN.. Either this clown is dumber that a rock or there is no hope for him.

Everything that has swirled around him in his career in FL and now in DEN should send up ICBM rockets at Dove valley and in Pats offices..

NO MORE character issue clowns regardless of their talent.. They are an NUKE just waiting to happen..

mclark
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM

One of the things I'm wondering is, if Marcus is hanging out with people who use drugs, is he using drugs also?

When I smoked dope in and after college, all my friends smoked dope. When I stopped smoking dope, I stopped hanging out with dope smokers.

MHCBill
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Marcus is keepin' it realz...

dogfish
03-03-2008, 12:04 PM

furthermore. . . everyone is talking about what kind of friends he has, but in reality they don't have any idea whether this guy was even his friend or not. . . it could just as easily been a friend of a friend or even a random stranger who happened to be going in the same direction and offered to give him a ride. . . people just want to ASSUME the worst so they have an excuse to make self-righteous comments. . . :coffee:

i'm as disappointed as anyone else to see him even involved in this type of situation, but i'm not going to pass judgement on him for accepting a ride home when he'd been drinking. . . as you point out, NO ONE thinks to ask "hey, you got any drugs in the car" before accepting a ride home-- people can say they would if they were him, but i find it hard to believe. . .

like everyone else, i just hope he manages to steer clear of this kind of thing in the future. . .

mclark
03-03-2008, 12:05 PM

Sex, drugs and rock and roll (or rap, I guess). Livin' the high life.

Bronco9798
03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
furthermore. . . everyone is talking about what kind of friends he has, but in reality they don't have any idea whether this guy was even his friend or not. . . it could just as easily been a friend of a friend or even a random stranger who happened to be going in the same direction and offered to give him a ride. . . people just want to ASSUME the worst so they have an excuse to make self-righteous comments. . . :coffee:

i'm as disappointed as anyone else to see him even involved in this type of situation, but i'm not going to pass judgement on him for accepting a ride home when he'd been drinking. . . as you point out, NO ONE thinks to ask "hey, you got any drugs in the car" before accepting a ride home-- people can say they would if they were him, but i find it hard to believe. . .

like everyone else, i just hope he manages to steer clear of this kind of thing in the future. . .

Hard to think any NFL player would be without a car or hitch hiking. I can be a little naive sometimes, but I'm not stupid. Just saying. That scanario about getting a ride with a total stanger cause you are going in the same direction is totally absurd. Just my opinion. Maybe if it was a whore or something, I could buy into that, but an NFL player....I'm not seeing it.

lex
03-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Well folks let me play devils advocate here ..

Thomas is not a Mensa candidate he went to school to play football, he has football friends and old buddies. During the season he is busy with teammates during he off season he has nothing to fall back on but his old friends..

I can see where this guy of questionable behavior might fall back into bad habits real easily..

I am not saying it is right just see how it could happen..

NOW if anyone should have known better it is Thomas after the henry fiasco, after being around the locker room of players that lived through the D Williams issue.. Knowing that your teammates have had issues with DUI back in DEN.. Either this clown is dumber that a rock or there is no hope for him.

Everything that has swirled around him in his career in FL and now in DEN should send up ICBM rockets at Dove valley and in Pats offices..

NO MORE character issue clowns regardless of their talent.. They are an NUKE just waiting to happen..
Meh

turftoad
03-03-2008, 12:10 PM

You're right. We don't know if it was a friend or not. Find it hard to believe though since it was Marcus's going away party.

topscribe
03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Hard to think any NFL player would be without a car or hitch hiking. I can be a little naive sometimes, but I'm not stupid. Just saying. That scanario about getting a ride with a total stanger cause you are going in the same direction is totally absurd. Just my opinion. Maybe if it was a whore or something, I could buy into that, but an NFL player....I'm not seeing it.

Personally, I would rather say that I don't know what the situation is yet . . .

-----

turftoad
03-03-2008, 12:13 PM

I'm pretty sure my friends wouldn't have any illigal material in their car. Maybe it's just me but that's not the kind of people I hang out with. Take note Marcus.

Bronco9798
03-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Personally, I would rather say that I don't know what the situation is yet . . .

-----

Rest assured, he wasn't pimping his big ass and got in a car with a total stranger trying to give some of that booty away. That scenario about getting into a car with a total stranger going the same direction doesn't make any sense.

dogfish
03-03-2008, 12:16 PM

uh, i'm not stupid either, thanks. . . :huh:

what's so hard to believe about a guy getting a ride with someone who was going in the direction he needed to go instead of waiting half an hour for a cab? i've dropped people off under the exact same circumstances on multiple occasions, and have gotten rides home from parties with people i didn't know just as many times. . . no one suggested that he was hitch-hiking, but i don't think it's uncommon to see someone headed out and ask "hey, you headed towards the east side of town?" or somethin' like that-- happens all the time. . .

if he'd driven home drunk and gotten pulled over people would be bashing him for that. . .

D1g1tal j1m
03-03-2008, 01:09 PM

what's so hard to believe about a guy getting a ride with someone who was going in the direction he needed to go instead of waiting half an hour for a cab? i've dropped people off under the exact same circumstances on multiple occasions, and have gotten rides home from parties with people i didn't know just as many times. . . no one suggested that he was hitch-hiking, but i don't think it's uncommon to see someone headed out and ask "hey, you headed towards the east side of town?" or somethin' like that-- happens all the time. . .

if he'd driven home drunk and gotten pulled over people would be bashing him for that. . .

I have gotten a ride from someone I didn't fully know. If it was a friend of a friend I tend not be suspicious unless he looked like Charles Manson. If it was a farewell party, then I would guess to say that he had to know who was driving him home or may have been too agreeable because he was too buzzed to care (as long as he got home and not in the police blotter for DUI). I'm sure from now on (at least I hope) that he calls a cab.

GEM
03-03-2008, 01:32 PM

I agree here. If you are at a big party, you've had a few too many. It was going away bash from what I've heard. There are people there that are friends of your friends. You say you need a ride, some joe schmoe at the party says I'm headed that way, want a lift? You say sure. He should have asked the fellow....Do you have anything illegal in the car that I could be in trouble for at any point tonight? Yea right. :laugh: I find it commendable that he found a ride after a few drinks. I do hope a lesson is learned here and find it somewhat funny all the judgements being made when the most that has been released on the subject is that 2 people were arrested, trace amounts of cocaine, possession and catching a ride after having a few too many. That's it, that's all we know. I love the old saying....Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes....or in this case, until you've had a full story from a news source.

Lonestar
03-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree here. If you are at a big party, you've had a few too many. It was going away bash from what I've heard. There are people there that are friends of your friends. You say you need a ride, some joe schmoe at the party says I'm headed that way, want a lift? You say sure. He should have asked the fellow....Do you have anything illegal in the car that I could be in trouble for at any point tonight? Yea right. :laugh: I find it commendable that he found a ride after a few drinks. I do hope a lesson is learned here and find it somewhat funny all the judgements being made when the most that has been released on the subject is that 2 people were arrested, trace amounts of cocaine, possession and catching a ride after having a few too many. That's it, that's all we know. I love the old saying....Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes....or in this case, until you've had a full story from a news source.

While your correct here.

Let me be a tad skeptical about his past issues. I suspect more will crawl out from under this rock..

The other adage is "tigers rarely change their stripes".

Mikey needs to have this tattooed inside his eyelids..

dogfish
03-03-2008, 04:28 PM
While your correct here.

Let me be a tad skeptical about his past issues. I suspect more will crawl out from under this rock..

The other adage is "tigers rarely change their stripes".

Mikey needs to have this tattooed inside his eyelids..

or if you're emmitt smith, it's "leopards never change their stripes". . . .

:lol:

whatta dumbass!

Requiem / The Dagda
03-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Green leafy substance and a gun was also found in the car.

Wow.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/0303/20080303__ThomasMarcus~p1_200.jpg

Lonestar
03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Statement on Marcus Thomas
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- "The Denver Broncos are aware that Marcus Thomas is under investigation for possession of cocaine and was a passenger in a vehicle where cocaine was found.

"The owner/operator of the vehicle has since admitted the cocaine was his and no cocaine was ever found on Marcus Thomas. Within hours of his release, Marcus had a test which confirmed that there was no cocaine in his system.

"The Broncos are hopeful that no charges will be filed, and we are monitoring the situation as it goes forward."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7843

fcspikeit
03-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Wow.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/0303/20080303__ThomasMarcus~p1_200.jpg

Is this for real?

GEM
03-03-2008, 06:27 PM

Wow.

I'd love to see a link for this. I just find it a bit hard to believe that everything we've read on this today, that part has never come out.