PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Question for all Broncos fans here

WVUnBroncosfanJim
01-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Alright, I wanna know if I'm the only one that does this, or if other Broncos fans do this as well:

When it comes to putting together my Fantasy Team, I steadfastly, and absolutely refuse to select players from the Sparklers, Faiders, or Cheaps whether in the draft, free agency or trades... only because I would hate to have to pull for one of their players to do good for me, when it can be a hindrance to the Broncos winning. The way I look at it: There are players from 29 other teams to choose from.

Thoughts?

FanInAZ
01-22-2010, 01:52 AM
FF can make us a little schizophrenic. As far as me, I will root against any player on my FF team if he's playing the Broncos. I do try to bench them if I have a viable alternative. However, when it comes to game time, I'm still going to put forth my best FF line-up and then root 1st and foremost for my Broncos no matter what.

claymore
01-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Alright, I wanna know if I'm the only one that does this, or if other Broncos fans do this as well:

When it comes to putting together my Fantasy Team, I steadfastly, and absolutely refuse to select players from the Sparklers, Faiders, or Cheaps whether in the draft, free agency or trades... only because I would hate to have to pull for one of their players to do good for me, when it can be a hindrance to the Broncos winning. The way I look at it: There are players from 29 other teams to choose from.

Thoughts?

Every Bronco Player Ive ever taken, something bad happens to them. TD's Knee, Javon Walker's Knee, Cutler was traded, Selvin young... So I know avoid the Broncos like the plague.

I wish there was a way to take Josh McDaniels...

Skinny
01-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Only player i had from the teams you mentioned Jim was Phillip Rivers. I had no problem selecting him over Orten, Russell, Cassel, or alot of other QBs truth be told. I would have choose Gates or V.Jackson too if i felt they were the best players available at their position at the time.

I play to win the game so i choose the players i feel give me best chance to do that. I could care less who they play for as far as FF goes.

underrated29
01-22-2010, 11:17 AM
My FF leagues are big money leagues. I have to put all my bias aside when doing this stuff.

However, i try to keep my guys from playing the broncos. But if the matchup is right, i have too and hope that someone else on my roster gets me big points.

girler
01-22-2010, 10:35 PM
:laugh: that's funny! Playing FF really makes you tell yourself the truth about your team and their competitors. Either that or you loose your ass, and are just clueless. :confused:

Or you can limit yourself to certain team's players. Interesting. :nerd:

WVUnBroncosfanJim
01-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Usually, I stack up at quarterback. This year, I had Tony Romo and Ben Roethleisberger... my goal is to use one of them for trade bait, which worked. I traded away Big Ben for Percy Harvin. Later on, in a deal which greatly benefited me, I traded away Steve Slaton and Miles Austin for Ray Rice and Devery Henderson.

Anyway... I would never, EVER choose Phil Rivers for any of my fantasy teams. Can't stomach the notion of having to pull for any Sparkler fairies.

Broncolingus
01-23-2010, 12:41 AM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Peyton Manning
3. Peyton Manning

Broncolingus
01-23-2010, 12:43 AM
...I would never, EVER choose Phil Rivers for any of my fantasy teams.

"You have chosen...wisely."

http://www.johnqcasual.com/images/lastcrusade-knight.jpg