PDA

View Full Version : Law open to playing for Denver in 2010

broncofaninfla
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
The one-year deal Ty Law signed with the Broncos back in early November officially expires at the end of February, but Law said he has spoken with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels about the possibility of returning to the Broncos in 2010.

Should Denver resign Law for next season?
“I’m going to train as if I’m playing,” Law said Wednesday. “They said I’m welcome to come back.”
Law played in seven games for the Broncos this season as the team’s nickel cornerback. He had an interception in the final game of the season against Kansas City.

dogfish
01-21-2010, 02:11 PM
i'm sure he is-- doubt he's getting any other offers. . . :D

you can't really complain about the way he played given his age and the circumstances, but i have a hard time seeing any benefit to bringing him back. . . he may have been considered the best option when we were looking to fill a spot mid-season, but with free agency and the draft coming up, there will be many better options available-- our secondary is old as shit, it doesn't make sense to rely on a guy law's age. . .

Lonestar
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey you can never have to many CB, RB or LBs. He is not chopped liver.

if it was any of the other past losers we had drafted at CB then I may have to say NADA.

MileHighCrew
01-21-2010, 03:00 PM
I would rather see the Broncos play their first round pick Alphonso Smith

UnderArmour
01-21-2010, 03:11 PM
I like Ty Law and I hope he comes back. Stand up guy, if an injury happens I'd love to have Ty Law step in. Plus cool name. Still, I hope Alphonso Smith beats him up, but I don't mind having Law on the roster with all the 3 receiver sets run in the NFL.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Look at the 2010 schedule, alot of the teams the Broncos will play run FIVE RECEIVER SETS, that's alot to handle and it would help to have another veteran DB for depth. Even if he's lost a step he can still play zone very well.

Ravage!!!
01-21-2010, 03:27 PM
our secondary is old as shit, it doesn't make sense to rely on a guy law's age. . .

You would like to think so... unless the young drafted ones can't seem to get into the starting lineup

turftoad
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
You would like to think so... unless the young drafted ones can't seem to get into the starting lineup

Like the ones we move up into the first round to select?? :tsk:

dogfish
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM

man, even if phonse can't crack the lineup, we'd still be far better off bringing in a younger vet or two through free agency. . . actually, we should have signed a younger player than goodman, given that both jabari greer and bryant mcfadden signed for comparable deals and played pretty well this season-- but that's neither here nor there, i guess. . .

in any case, we need to get younger in the secondary-- why the hell would we sign law again? just because he was here this year? come on, how old do we want to let the secondary get??

go after someone like ellis hobbs, or marlin jackson if his knee looks solid. . .

the reliance on ancient vets ISN'T something we need to copy from new england! what's next, trying to bring bruschi and harrison out of retirement?

broncofaninfla
01-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Hopefully Smith and Carter make this a non issue but I'm open to signing him, he wasn't great but solid in 09. If Smith lives up to his hype and Carter keeps up his progress Law could very well be cut heading into the 2010 season. I hope that is the case, that would be a good problem to have.

CoachChaz
01-21-2010, 03:52 PM
If my name was Ty Law, I would be open to playing for Detroit at this point in my career. Anyone willing to give me a paycheck would be my friend

Lonestar
01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Hopefully Smith and Carter make this a non issue but I'm open to signing him, he wasn't great but solid in 09. If Smith lives up to his hype and Carter keeps up his progress Law could very well be cut heading into the 2010 season. I hope that is the case, that would be a good problem to have.

I also think/hope that the rookies will now step up, having a Ty Law back there to mentor is not going to hurt them. As long as we are not paying him HUGE money he is an insurance card.

Most folks forget that CB is one of the toughest positions to learn and most rookies do not start there. If we had chosen him in the top 15 last year perhaps I would be asking more from him than we got.

Ziggy
01-21-2010, 04:03 PM
New England connection aside, I'd love to see Leigh Bodden in a Broncos uniform next season. I wanted him last year, before the Pats signed him to a one year contract. He performed well there.