PDA

View Full Version : McNabb Trade Rumors

Shazam!
01-20-2010, 02:12 AM
As it seems to be the case every year, there is a Trade rumor circulating that the Philadelphia Eagles are looking to deal Donovan McNabb before the 2010 Draft.

Now, usually this wouldn't mean much, except in Philly now they have two possible starting QBs. Michael Vick (who I think is garbage and shouldn't even be in the NFL) naturally is a fan's favorite to replace him, and Kevin Kolb played shockingly well in place of Mcnabb when he was hurt and is still young.

If Philly would deal him, would you like the Broncos to make a play for him, despite him being past his prime and making a run??

dogfish
01-20-2010, 02:36 AM
what's the cost?

i'd love to have Dmac, but not for a high draft pick, and that's likely exactly what they'll want. . . we aren't near close enough for that kind of move. . .

Shazam!
01-20-2010, 02:38 AM
what's the cost?

Let's say... Marshall.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2010, 02:44 AM
Let's say... Marshall.

I'd rather have draft picks for Marshall. We won't get his equal value on the field with McNabb in terms of potential, so I'd rather roll the dice with 2 young guys who could possibly make an impact for years to come.

dogfish
01-20-2010, 02:47 AM
Let's say... Marshall.

**** no!

:lol::lol:

i wouldn't dream of giving up a 2nd to rent donovan for a couple of years, let alone the 1st and change we're likely to get for marshall. . . the only way i'd trade him player for player is if we get something equivalent to what we're giving up-- a YOUNG, healthy impact player. . .

DenBronx
01-20-2010, 02:59 AM
orton and a 4th.

imo that would be an upgrade at qb.

and in a perfect world we somehow give marshall the contract he deserves. i would love to see mcnabb throwing to the beast.

Poet
01-20-2010, 03:04 AM
If I was Philly I would laugh at a trade involving Marshall for McNabb.

They have a bunch of talent at WR and at TE that AREN'T cancers.

I did get a kick out of that though.

Shazam!
01-20-2010, 03:10 AM
i wouldn't dream of giving up a 2nd to rent donovan for a couple of years

He'd be the best QB we'd see in Denver since John Elway.

Shazam!
01-20-2010, 03:12 AM
orton and a 4th.

imo that would be an upgrade at qb.

and in a perfect world we somehow give marshall the contract he deserves. i would love to see mcnabb throwing to the beast.

They wouldn't need a QB necessarily, so let's say Orton is out.

dogfish
01-20-2010, 03:13 AM
He'd be the best QB we'd see in Denver since John Elway.

this is true-- and i still wouldn't give up a 2nd to rent him for a few years. . .

DenBronx
01-20-2010, 03:14 AM
If I was Philly I would laugh at a trade involving Marshall for McNabb.

They have a bunch of talent at WR and at TE that AREN'T cancers.

I did get a kick out of that though.

well if they packaged mcnabb another good wr for marshall and orton i guess it could work for both sides. philly also has vick which has looked better than mcnabb this year on limited play. they can get decent value for mcnabb who isnt their future anymore and maybe draft tebow or someone to develop.

philly might deal jackson or maclin if marshall is involved.

DenBronx
01-20-2010, 03:18 AM
ok if we land mcnabb then we could go after T.O. :laugh: jk

i'm sure b-dawk would love the scenario of getting mcnabb though.

DenBronx
01-20-2010, 03:22 AM
They wouldn't need a QB necessarily, so let's say Orton is out.

i really would hate to see us trading someone from the D especially since nolan is gone. if the can retain what they have learned and better it then next year we might still have a top 15 defense or better. i would say andra davis and a 3rd. this leaves us with round one or two to get a solid lb. brandon spikes anyone???

Shazam!
01-20-2010, 03:29 AM
i'm sure b-dawk would love the scenario of getting mcnabb though.

GREAT POINT I didn't even think of Dawk's input.

Poet
01-20-2010, 03:45 AM
this is true-- and i still wouldn't give up a 2nd to rent him for a few years. . .

Why? McNabb used to play with Freddie Mitchell and James Thrash. Those guys make Eddie Royal and Gaffney look like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. He's mobile enough to negate some of your interior line's poor play and he's a proven winner who can put up numbers. He throws one of the best deep balls the NFL has seen in.....ever.

He's a first ballot HOF QB who still has some football ahead of him.

If Orton isn't the long term answer why wouldn't you want a guy like him? You get McNabb, get someone to groom and set yourself up for a Aaron Rodgers/Steve McNair/Carson Palmer/Steve Young situation.

Granted Philly isn't trading McNabb, I wish they would. I wish they would so their ignorant and stupid fans would cry as their franchise rebuilds.

Lonestar
01-20-2010, 05:16 AM
no, sorry with his fragility, not worth much more than a 4th rounder for me.

a great player no doubt but on the decline and If we are looking for franchise back why rent someone for a couple of partial seasons.

SoCalImport
01-20-2010, 06:15 AM
no, sorry with his fragility, not worth much more than a 4th rounder for me.

a great player no doubt but on the decline and If we are looking for franchise back why rent someone for a couple of partial seasons.

exactly

IF we had all the other pieces in place (ala, Vikings before favre) then I'd say it's a fantastic idea.

We don't..so it's not..

All that being said...as ever...it depends on what we'd have to give up.

e-Lou-sive1
01-20-2010, 08:28 AM
I think Mc Nabbs style fits our offensive blocking system to block for a Qb that runs out of the pocket as oppossed to hanging around until the pocket collapses.We could probably trade off some first round draft picks for him and I think the Eagles would be interested since Mc Nabb relationship with the team is becoming bland.Mc Nabb can train a Qb like Brandstrater to take over someday instead of trying to rebuild an offense around a Qb not knowing If he will ever improve enough to guide this team into the post season.Mc Nabb knows how to get to the post season and we will allow the defense to do the rest maybe we are just one good player away from getting there instead of throwing away pro bowl players and quality assistant coaches.What do we have to lose the only problem is Mc Nabb would probably want a Marshall and a Scheffler to throw to,so make the move first and let Mc D swallow his pride for once and do what's best for the team.

skycoyote
01-20-2010, 08:31 AM
McNabb's wife and kids live in Phoenix so I would expect him to come to Phoenix if Warner retires.

CoachChaz
01-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I'd give a 2nd for him...assuming we lose Marshall for a 1st and 3rd. Plus...let's say someone signs Sfeff at a mid-level...then we get a 2nd for him. Dont see it happening, but anyway...

...I'd give up a 2nd for McNabb. better yet, I'd give up both 3rd rounders for Kolb if that was an offer.

Nomad
01-20-2010, 08:42 AM
I'd take Kolb over McNabb!!

I believe, Seahawks are going to pursue Marshall!

Medford Bronco
01-20-2010, 08:44 AM
I'd give a 2nd for him...assuming we lose Marshall for a 1st and 3rd. Plus...let's say someone signs Sfeff at a mid-level...then we get a 2nd for him. Dont see it happening, but anyway...

...I'd give up a 2nd for McNabb. better yet, I'd give up both 3rd rounders for Kolb if that was an offer.

Agreed, I would love Kolb. Much more upside and IMO better than Orton in the long run

broncofaninfla
01-20-2010, 09:13 AM
McNabb would be an upgrade just not sure at this stage of his career if he is worth what it would take to get him.

claymore
01-20-2010, 09:15 AM
I would trade Orton and Alphonso Smith for him.

Dirk
01-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I would take Kolb before McNabb.

Way more upside. The kid is going to be good.

Too bad Pennington went down and everyone got to see what a stud Henne is before we could snatch him away from Miami (if we could have). Now that would have been awesome!

FanInAZ
01-20-2010, 09:44 AM
The only way that I'd want us to pursue DM is if Philly release him so we can sign him as a FA. We might get a productive year or two out of him which is not worth a 7th Rd pick to me.

broncofaninfla
01-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I would take Kolb before McNabb.

Way more upside. The kid is going to be good.

Too bad Pennington went down and everyone got to see what a stud Henne is before we could snatch him away from Miami (if we could have). Now that would have been awesome!

I'd take Kolb in a heart beat but he is the very reason the McNabb trade rumors are circulating. The Eagles know they have something special in Kolb.

CrazyHorse
01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
:confused:
KYLE ORTON

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

DONOVAN MCNABB

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

yardog
01-20-2010, 12:43 PM
:confused:
KYLE ORTON

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

DONOVAN MCNABB

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

DONOVAN MCNABB can throw the ball over 20 yards. Winner!

Dirk
01-20-2010, 12:47 PM
DONOVAN MCNABB can throw the ball over 20 yards. Winner!

Same old argument that has been proven wrong many times. You need to move on from Orton can't throw the ball further than 20 yards. :listen:

yardog
01-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Same old argument that has been proven wrong many times. You need to move on from Orton can't throw the ball further than 20 yards. :listen:

Working on it but its hard to change my opinion when the defenses stack the box every week and our offense looks like a high school team but I'm trying thanks for the advise.

:tsk:

Dirk
01-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Working on it but its hard to change my opinion when the defenses stack the box every week and our offense looks like a high school team but I'm trying thanks for the advise.

:tsk:

You're welcome. :D

Poet
01-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Kolb.....>McNabb?

/quits

jrelway
01-20-2010, 02:13 PM

he can throw the ball 30 yards no question, but then it might tear his rotator cuff. then we're really screwed!

WARHORSE
01-20-2010, 02:51 PM
SAY NO to McNabb.

He is not the answer here.

Not only would he struggle in this offense, he would struggle in any offense.

McNabb has terrible mechanics, and is not a dropback passer. He throws tons of balls into the dirt, struggles keeping his composure, and is not accurate enough to run this offense consistently. He has a great deep ball, and that makes him look good at times, but he is not what we need here.

On top of that.....have you been watching their games lately? McNabb is sucking, and thats the reason why hes LEAVING Philly.:coffee:

T.K.O.
01-20-2010, 02:57 PM
SAY NO to McNabb.

He is not the answer here.

McNabb has terrible mechanics, and is not a dropback passer. He throws tons of balls into the dirt, struggles keeping his composure, and is not accurate enough to run this offense consistently. He has a great deep ball, and that makes him look good at times, but he is not what we need here.

On top of that.....have you been watching their games lately? McNabb is sucking, and thats the reason why hes LEAVING Philly.:coffee:

but he can convert a 3rd and 25......bastage !

Poet
01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
McNabb would struggle in your offense? He's effectively run a more complicated offense for years and is a consummate pro. As far as being a dropback passer, he's been that since about 2004.

Shazam!
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM

On top of that.....have you been watching their games lately? McNabb is sucking, and thats the reason why hes LEAVING Philly.

War, I nearly always agree with you, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

The reason he's being wanted out now more than before is they legitimately have a Starter behind him in Vick (who is TRASH) that will put asses in the seats, and another possible Starter who arguably is the future at QB in Kolb.

I believe they could find a legitimate star QB that would fit in and go on a 3 year run for a Championship with him at QB.

If he really is on the Block, they have to explore all options to acquire him.

JDL
01-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Ok,

Is McNabb better than Cutler?

Yes (even though there is the youth versus vet angle)

So, why would the Eagles take anything less than a 1st rd pick to START?

Personally, I could see Baltimore or Indianapolis signing Marshall and I could definitely see the Cardinals going strong after Dumervil. You could very easily see 3 1st rd picks... would I give up 1 for a starting QB so we didn't have to draft one in the first 3 rounds? (Which we are likely to do, btw) Of course.

I don't like the idea of losing Marshall or Dumervil, but I think the cost right now is too high. Dumervil wants Ware type money and he is closer to Aaron Kampman (who is on the outs in Green Bay) than he is to Ware.. although he is better in pass coverage than Kampman.

Well, if you lose talent like that, you need to fill in elsewhere. McNabb gets hurt, sure, but he wins a lot of games and any games he misses we'd have Orton (sign him first to 3yr extension.) Then you have two competent NFL QBs.

Still, this is unrealistic, as McNabb is not McDaniels type of QB. He is not a good pocket passer, has struggles with accuracy and isn't the most studious QB in the world. But, he is talented and does a good job overall. Unfortunately not the right fit for Denver, I do not think.

In the end, you may not see any movement really this offseason. The free agent crop is horribly thin due to so many becoming RFAs. You basically have to give up picks and with a lockout looming in 2011 - few teams want to give out big money deals. (Keep in mind there were rumors Bowlen didn't want an extra 1 this year due to the financial expenditures.) If even remotely true, you may see some more creative player for player deals. I'd be all for Urlacher as long as we're speculating. He and Cutler are at odds, and the organization doesn't necessarily believe in him anymore. The organization is tied to Cutler and has to do EVERYTHING possible to make him successful and he might be their only bargaining chip. Say Urlacher and another lower pick... might be the best we could do for a Marshall.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-20-2010, 03:38 PM
I would trade the entire offense for Donovan Mcnabb.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-20-2010, 04:28 PM

Why? Nobody has proven it to me. Orton is a joke as a starting QB, period.

Lonestar
01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Why? Nobody has proven it to me. Orton is a joke as a starting QB, period.

Since there are only a few folks that feel the way be prepared to laugh at "the joke" all next season. With a large chance it is more than one season. here let me get you primed for it. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dogfish
01-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Dumervil wants Ware type money

source?

don't get me wrong, i respect your opinions, and this could well be the case, but unless it's been stated somewhere by he or his agent you're presenting conjecture as fact when you put it that way. . . and that just creates drama around here. . .

dogfish
01-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Since there are only a few folks that feel the way be prepared to laugh at "the joke" all next season.

no, there are more than a few. . .

Broncolingus
01-20-2010, 04:44 PM
1) As it seems to be the case every year, there is a Trade rumor circulating that the Philadelphia Eagles are looking to deal Donovan McNabb before the 2010 Draft.

2) Now, usually this wouldn't mean much, except in Philly now they have two possible starting QBs. Michael Vick (who I think is garbage and shouldn't even be in the NFL) naturally is a fan's favorite to replace him, and Kevin Kolb played shockingly well in place of Mcnabb when he was hurt and is still young.

3) If Philly would deal him, would you like the Broncos to make a play for him, despite him being past his prime and making a run??

1) Funny, isn't it...:tsk:

2) You are absolutely right...:salute:

3) No...:2thumbsdown:

WARHORSE
01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
but he can convert a 3rd and 25......bastage !

Maybe 5 yrs ago...........bastage!

McNabb would struggle in your offense? He's effectively run a more complicated offense for years and is a consummate pro. As far as being a dropback passer, he's been that since about 2004.

A more complicated offense? Since when? They run a variation of the west coast offense, and that is not more complicated than the one we're in now.
Not to mention, Philly has no run game of note ever since Fatso got there.
McNabb is about as dropback as Ryan Leaf. His mechanics disappear at the notion of pressure, and he couldnt step up into a pocket if his life depended on it. The only time McNabb thrives, is when teams cant pressure him. Thats why they put so much into their offensive line.

War, I nearly always agree with you, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

The reason he's being wanted out now more than before is they legitimately have a Starter behind him in Vick (who is TRASH) that will put asses in the seats, and another possible Starter who arguably is the future at QB in Kolb.

I believe they could find a legitimate star QB that would fit in and go on a 3 year run for a Championship with him at QB.

If he really is on the Block, they have to explore all options to acquire him.

If hes so good, I would think hes going to stay in Philly. Why would a team get rid of a veteran QB thats shown some success? Why get rid of the only QB thats got tons of playoff experience on your roster? Superbowl experience?

You mean to tell me the Eagles are going to walk into the playoffs next year with Kolb? Vick? It makes no sense. Vick hasnt done a thing, and has question marks all over him.

He contributed all of nothing to the Eagles this year.

Heck, if you think McNabb is so awesome, why dont you go visit one of the Philly forums?

McNabb IS NOT going to bring something here that isnt already here other than the cost of draft picks. No thanks.

Lonestar
01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
no, there are more than a few. . .

according to a poll about 22% at last count.

but to me there are only FEW hard core haters, that will always think that keeping mike should have been the way to go. IMHO

dogfish
01-20-2010, 04:53 PM

5 years?

he did it against us like a month ago. . .

T.K.O.
01-20-2010, 04:56 PM

actually it was against denver a few weeks back,remember when we had the eagles pinned back and he bolted for the 1st ?....i was j/k
i have no interest in mcNabb as a bronco.
we need to be building for the future right now not throwing darts blindfolded ,hoping for a bullseye !

Shazam!
01-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Heck, if you think McNabb is so awesome, why dont you go visit one of the Philly forums?

Ya know War, not only do I expect better than that from you, I cannot stand it when a player from another team is praised and someone says "Well, go root for that team, visit their Forum, etc." Edit- Jay Cutler does not apply to that though.

I am an Orton supporter as much as the next guy, but if you don't think McNabb is an upgrade I think you're nuts.

Philly would deal him because they have other options. Few teams are in that position.

Buff
01-20-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm a McNabb hater. I've never seen a guy who is so talented choke in so many big games. He's like the least clutch performer in the league along with the entire Chargers roster.

T.K.O.
01-20-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm a McNabb hater. I've never seen a guy who is so talented choke in so many big games. He's like the least clutch performer in the league along with the entire Chargers roster.

i do however remember in the early 90's the running joke that i hated was...
why does elway eat his cereal from a cup in the morning?
because he chokes on anything in a bowl.
or something like that.....:mad:
just saying....the book is not closed on his career so we cant assume he will never be a champion.
i still think we need to draft or bring in a starting caliber qb to compete for the job but i doubt mcnabb would be worth the cost,or stick around long enough for the move to be a smart one

Lonestar
01-20-2010, 06:00 PM
just saying....the book is not closed on his career so we cant assume he will never be a champion.
i still think we need to draft or bring in a starting caliber qb to compete for the job but i doubt mcnabb would be worth the cost,or stick around long enough for the move to be a smart one

never saw that or heard it before. Almost choked on my soup with that one.

T.K.O.
01-20-2010, 06:02 PM
never saw that or heard it before. Almost choked on my soup with that one.

was the soup in a cup or a bowl ?;)

Buff
01-20-2010, 06:08 PM

He'd be an upgrade over Orton, no doubt... If we could get him for relatively cheap, then I'd be for it. But I don't want to give up a first rounder under any circumstances.

spikerman
01-20-2010, 06:12 PM
It's not like this team is a player or two away from contending. So, no to a trade. In fact, I would consider either playing Brandstater or drafting a guy you think is the future next year. Might as well let a young guy grow in the job while the pieces are assembled.

DenBronx
01-20-2010, 07:18 PM
i would rather see us draft a qb in round 1 or 2. clausen, bradford, mccoy or even tebow. i think we would be better off with orton as another 1 year rental and grooming the future.

but still wouldnt complain with mcnabb at fair value. it would be better to trade a player and not picks.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-20-2010, 08:28 PM
i would rather see us draft a qb in round 1 or 2. clausen, bradford, mccoy or even tebow. i think we would be better off with orton as another 1 year rental and grooming the future.

but still wouldnt complain with mcnabb at fair value. it would be better to trade a player and not picks.

LMFAO you want the broncos to draft tim tebow in the first round!?!?

really?

Poet
01-20-2010, 10:36 PM
A more complicated offense? Since when? They run a variation of the west coast offense, and that is not more complicated than the one we're in now.
Not to mention, Philly has no run game of note ever since Fatso got there.
McNabb is about as dropback as Ryan Leaf. His mechanics disappear at the notion of pressure, and he couldnt step up into a pocket if his life depended on it. The only time McNabb thrives, is when teams cant pressure him. Thats why they put so much into their offensive line.

Your offense is based off of short passes and screens. His is based off of more timing routes, longer routes, etc etc etc.

I don't think you have watched him play, McNabb looks to pass before running and he steps up in the pocket when he needs to. His offensive line is garbage, the Andrews brothers sucked ass this year and the only solid lineman they have is their LT.

DenBronx
01-21-2010, 03:52 AM
LMFAO you want the broncos to draft tim tebow in the first round!?!?

really?

you had two pairs of gloves this WHOLE time???

do you read? i said round 1 or 2. tebow is a second rounder. so yeah really because i think he might be a little better than some might think. his mechanics are alot like leftwhich but he is pretty mobile. i think he's worth the risk...

WARHORSE
01-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Your offense is based off of short passes and screens. His is based off of more timing routes, longer routes, etc etc etc.

I don't think you have watched him play, McNabb looks to pass before running and he steps up in the pocket when he needs to. His offensive line is garbage, the Andrews brothers sucked ass this year and the only solid lineman they have is their LT.

Im sorry.

I have to laugh.

Thanks for your opinion.:salute:

WARHORSE
01-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Ya know War, not only do I expect better than that from you, I cannot stand it when a player from another team is praised and someone says "Well, go root for that team, visit their Forum, etc." Edit- Jay Cutler does not apply to that though.

I am an Orton supporter as much as the next guy, but if you don't think McNabb is an upgrade I think you're nuts.

Philly would deal him because they have other options. Few teams are in that position.

Well if youre implying thats what I said, I can see that by what was written.

However, thats not what I was implying at all. I know youre a Bronco fan. All I was saying, was go to their forums, and read what is said about McNabb.

Im not saying you should be an Eagle fan because you like McNabb.:salute:

And for the record.......I DONT think McNabb is an upgrade......so call me nuts.

Im fine with being a nut.:coffee:

CoachChaz
01-21-2010, 10:02 AM
I would prefer Kolb. McNabb on the surface is an upgrade, but sometimes teaching an old dog to do new tricks can be frustrating. McNabb is designed for the WCO and that's where he's most comfortable. I would prefer a trade involving Kolb or drafting the future QB over trading for McNabb

Nomad
01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
McNabb's wife and kids live in Phoenix so I would expect him to come to Phoenix if Warner retires.

It sound like the players aren't too thrilled about Leinhart!! Hmmmmmm, ya never know!!

weazel
01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
McNabb is done...

For some reason he can't throw while standing in the pocket, and throws alot better while on the run. Too bad he lacks the mobility to consistently run now.

Even if McNabb miraculously found his wheels again, McDaniels offense isn't suited for a mobile quarterback, it is made for a pocket passer.

FanInAZ
01-21-2010, 02:23 PM
DONOVAN MCNABB

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

Games Played
2009 14
2008 16
2007 14
2006 10
2005 9

Out of the 80 regular season games that the Eagles have played in the past 5 years, he has only been able to play in 63 due to injuries. I'm not going to bat for Orton. In fact, I'd rather give Brandstander a fair shot at the job then to bring in someone who career could end on any play.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-21-2010, 04:52 PM
McNabb is better than any QB we've had in Denver since Elway retired. I doubt we trade for or consider trading for him, but the fact remains that he's a damned good QB that's been successful without anything resembling a running game for YEARS. Name another QB in the league who's offense has a pass/run ratio anywhere near McNabb's and still throws more TDs than Ints and makes the playoffs every year.

McNabb is great. I'd be glad to have him. I don't think we're interested, though.

JDL
01-21-2010, 06:02 PM
McNabb is better than any QB we've had in Denver since Elway retired. I doubt we trade for or consider trading for him, but the fact remains that he's a damned good QB that's been successful without anything resembling a running game for YEARS. Name another QB in the league who's offense has a pass/run ratio anywhere near McNabb's and still throws more TDs than Ints and makes the playoffs every year.

McNabb is great. I'd be glad to have him. I don't think we're interested, though.

I don't disagree... but on the point of other QBs... Peyton Manning? Kurt Warner?

Most teams today throw far more than they run and it bugs me. I use to hate rushing and loved passing... until Terrell Davis, to watch that team run was WAY more fun than big pass plays or anything I've ever seen. The sheer domination and ability to impose your will on the other team and them not able to do anything to stop it. Watching Greene run in NY is fun like that and I really wish we had that again in Denver.

Nomad
01-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Most teams today throw far more than they run and it bugs me. .

I was listening to Brian Billick one day on FSR and he mentioned that teams are more pass happy because of the rules the NFL has set in favor for QBs and WRs!!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't disagree... but on the point of other QBs... Peyton Manning? Kurt Warner?

Most teams today throw far more than they run and it bugs me. I use to hate rushing and loved passing... until Terrell Davis, to watch that team run was WAY more fun than big pass plays or anything I've ever seen. The sheer domination and ability to impose your will on the other team and them not able to do anything to stop it. Watching Greene run in NY is fun like that and I really wish we had that again in Denver.

Sure, this year. Peyton has always had an Edgerrin James or Joseph Addai type 1000 yd rusher to hand it off to. The Cards began rushing more and more as the season went on because the Hightower/Wells combo was a good change-up.

McNabb has had Westbrook, but the Eagles NEVER commit to the run. Westbrook has always been used more like Kevin Faulk in NE, a receiving threat out of the backfield that also gets some carries.