PDA

View Full Version : #1 Free Agent

Rugbythug
01-20-2010, 12:20 AM
As I look at the available free agents none really seem to stand out. Most of the players we would be interested in are not even available. But lets be honest that helps us more than it hurts. No way we could keep our FA core if not for the Draconian rules now availible. That being said the number one player the Denver Broncos need. Assuming he is not tagged or other wise encumbered.

Darren Sproles-

Why?

We were a pathetic third down team. He is one of the best third down backs in Football. Our KR and PR duties are suspect. Darren stands out at both. Plus as he has shown this year he is not a full time back and would not then be looking for full time back money. 4years 14 million would get it done. I know he does not have enough time to warrant UFA status but I don't know how prior taggings effect that.

Other targets I don't hear much about.

Kevin Faulk
Kirk Morrison-Martindale connection

FanInAZ
01-20-2010, 12:31 AM
I'll pass on Faulk, too many miles on him.

Italianmobstr7
01-20-2010, 12:52 AM
I would take Morrison. He's not a bad player. Also would take Sproles but very doubtful that he'll be let go by San Diego. They already messed up once by letting Turner go. Had they kept him, they would already have their replacement for LT.

jjtodd5
01-20-2010, 01:15 AM
I live in san Diego, so I end up watching a lot of Chargers games Sproles routinely gets shut down on 3rd down, most people here have wanted him off 3rd down duty all season. I wouldn't touch Darren Sproles, we're much better off with who we have now. Of that list I would love Kevin Faulk though, doesn't need to be the feature back but is super versatile, great to use on 3rd and any distance.

dogfish
01-20-2010, 01:34 AM
i think sproles will want significantly more than that, and no way i'd give it to him. . . don't ask for a name, because i haven't paid much attention to backs this year, but you can almost always find speedy scatback/returner types in the middle rounds if not later, and they're young and cheap with little mileage on their legs. . . a guy like sproles loses even a bit of his speed in a few years, and he can be done-- not to mention the always present risk of injury with a pygmy his size. . . not that i'd mind having him here at all, but there are other ways i'd rather invest our FA dollars. . .

like getting antonio bryant if we trade marshall, or adding a better backup QB (chad pennington?)-- adding a beefy DL like johnny jolly or ryan pickett if we can't afford to pursue wilfork, or bringing in a veteran OT like winston justice (i know he was really bad his first few years, but he's developed into an adequate starter) to keep the line from crumbling if harris gets hurt again. . . logan mankins and jahri evans are likely to be tagged or tendered, and i'm not big on spending large dollars for an OG anyway-- but we could really use at least some veteran depth somewhere along the line, even if we do lean mostly on the draft for the rebuild. . .

even a #2/#3 type receiver like kevin walter, or a younger corner. . .

DenBronx
01-20-2010, 03:07 AM
we need a change of pace rb. someone like chris johnson or felix jones that can break those long runs. sproles would be nice but only at a reasonable cost. we could easily draft a one trick pony rb in day two if we desire. granted sproles can also beast it up at special teams though which would put royal and sproles as some serious threats to other teams at kr/pr.

i thought sproles would be a restricted fa??

Northman
01-20-2010, 06:54 AM
I would take Morrison. He's not a bad player. Also would take Sproles but very doubtful that he'll be let go by San Diego. They already messed up once by letting Turner go. Had they kept him, they would already have their replacement for LT.

Morrison is good, too bad he is on a crappy team.

I doubt Sproles will be cut loose. I would almost guarantee that LT gets dumped before Sproles does.

SOCALORADO.
01-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Logan Mankins(RFA)
Lendale White
Kirk Morrison