PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Chavez- Videogames are Poison

Shazam!
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Venezuelan President Chavez Calls Videogames 'Poison'
"Some games teach you to kill."
by Jim Reilly
IGN

January 18, 2010 - The AFP reports Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez called videogames "poison" during his weekly radio-TV show "Alo Presidente."

"Those games they call 'PlayStation' are poison," Chavez said. "Some games teach you to kill. They once put my face on a game, 'you've got to find Chavez to kill him.'"

The game Chavez is referring to is Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, which his supporters attacked back in 2006 due to its depictions of the South American country being invaded by military forces. Chavez, however, was never featured in the game.

He would continue on saying any game where players "bomb cities or just throw bombs" are sold by capitalist countries looking to "promote the need for cigarettes, drugs and alcohol so they can sell them."

This past October, Venezuelan lawmakers passed a law banning the sale of "bellicose" videogames that is punishable up to five years in prison.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061731p1.html

FanInAZ
01-19-2010, 05:46 PM
:confused: Does this mean that he's going to confiscate all such video games in his country and redistribute them to his personal thugs to train them how to deal with political opposition? :confused:

Timmy!
01-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Dear Rockstar,

Please make some sort of mission where you fly to a South American country and kill an oil hungry, America hating dictator by the name of "Douchenozzle Chavez" in GTA V. TIA.

Sincerely,
Timmy

Broncolingus
01-20-2010, 01:33 AM
For those curious what Hugo Chavez looks like...

http://www.abadeeba.com/Site/Yummo/Entries/2008/11/17_Burger_Meister_Meister_Burger_files/IMG_0546-1.jpg

Anyhou, reference the article...obviously way friggin overboard, but I gotta admit, some of these kids and the time they spend on that shit is really absurd...

skycoyote
01-20-2010, 08:27 AM
As a frequent player of modern warfare 2, I believe he is right.