PDA

View Full Version : wow! Nolan is gone? This coach has split the team.

horsemeat
01-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Nolan and the defense was the ONLY bright spot this season and now he is gone! Cutler, Nolan, Marshall, Hillis and Scheffler all have an issue with Mcdaniels. This tells me the man child needs to come off his pedestal and join the team. This is the Broncos, not beverly hills 90210. I've been a fan since 83 and I never remember this much drama coming from our organization. Simply Amazing!

shank
01-19-2010, 12:55 AM
:deadhorse:meat

Zweems56
01-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Stay classy...

Superchop 7
01-19-2010, 07:11 PM
In essence, we have become the Raiders.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-19-2010, 07:12 PM

I didn't know you played for any NFL team?

hotcarl
01-19-2010, 07:14 PM

raider fan found.:welcome:

Shazam!
01-19-2010, 07:30 PM

I always knew you were delusional and ridiculous, but you continue to surprise me everyday.

topscribe
01-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Nolan and the defense was the ONLY bright spot this season and now he is gone! Cutler, Nolan, Marshall, Hillis and Scheffler all have an issue with Mcdaniels. This tells me the man child needs to come off his pedestal and join the team. This is the Broncos, not beverly hills 90210. I've been a fan since 83 and I never remember this much drama coming from our organization. Simply Amazing!

Cutler is gone.

It has come out that Nolan probably wanted something McDaniels felt he couldn't give..

Hillis has expressed no issue with McDaniels, that I know of.

Scheffler has an issue with playing time, not McDaniels.

Marshall has been a distraction and problem from the start, but his issue is money, not McDaniels.

And finally, neither you nor I know what the situation really, truly is in any one of these situations.

So, now that you've heard my side of it, what do you say we dispense with presenting them as facts?

-----

T.K.O.
01-19-2010, 07:59 PM

1. Oh no you didn't (Pronounced: o no you dit-ten) A colloquial expression of incredulity, voiced upon witnessing another's action or statement, or hearing of it from the actor firsthand.

thats totally uncalled for regardless of your current opinion of the hc.
i call bs !
and this post could be cause for eternal banishment to the raiders boards for you !:tsk:

LRtagger
01-19-2010, 08:45 PM
This is why I stopped posting on the forums.

Lonestar
01-19-2010, 08:47 PM
This is why I stopped posting on the forums.

welcome back

it should be a Great offseason for bans and back rooms fights. ;)

T.K.O.
01-19-2010, 08:59 PM
here's some fresh insight on the situation....and you can all start apologizing for ripping on mcD ....again!
Report: Nolan left Denver after Dolphins sought permission to interview him
Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2010 8:06 PM ET
The sudden departure of defensive coordinator Mike Nolan from the Broncos raised plenty of eyebrows around the league.

Why would Nolan want out of Denver? And why would Broncos coach Josh McDaniels let him go?

Steve Wyche of NFL.com has some answers. But, as is often the case in matters of this nature, the answers only give rise to more questions.

Per Wyche, the Dolphins submitted to the Broncos a written request to interview Nolan. McDaniels then asked Nolan whether he prefers to be with the Broncos or the Dolphins, and Nolan chose the Dolphins.

So McDaniels and the Broncos let him walk.

But how exactly did Nolan know that he'd get the job in Miami? And why in the hell would the Dolphins submit a request to interview Denver's defensive coordinator for the very same job in Miami?

Usually, such requests are made when the position would entail a promotion, like when McDaniels allowed offensive line coach Rick Dennison to leave Denver to become the offensive coordinator of the Texans, or when McDaniels eventually decided to allow running backs coach Bobby Turner to augment his position with the title of associate head coach in D.C.

So we're supposed to believe that the Dolphins took a shot in the dark in the hopes the Broncos would allow Nolan to make a lateral move to a team with which Denver potentially competes every year for wild-card positioning and/or home-field advantage, and Nolan took a leap of faith that by walking from the Broncos he'd have an equivalent job in Miami.

Or maybe, just maybe, the Dolphins contacted Nolan to work out a tentative deal, if Miami could persuade the Broncos to let Nolan walk. Of course, that would be tampering, but the Broncos apparently didn't have the desire to claim that the Dolphins had unauthorized contact with Nolan.

Even if that's precisely what occurred.