PDA

View Full Version : Positives of Next Season

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
01-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm trying to have a positive outlook on next season here are some of my far fetched or pathetic thoughts. Although dumb I hope they keep my head up in the offseason unlike last year.

1) We aren't the Bears with Cutler tanking it, looking awful a lot.
2) We have the number 10 pick.
3) Although Nolan was an excellent D-Coordinator our D sucked the last game of the year against Charles and the Chiefs. Although I believe adding some players to our roster and letting them get used to the system would have worked great, maybe this is a blessing in disguise which will somehow improve us.
4) Champ Bailey is a great guy, and a solid player.
5) Dawkins is a leader, hopefully can fire up our D no matter what.
6) Gaffney surprised me I thought this guy was a waste, useless and would be out soon. The guy didn't quit I am on this guy's bandwagon all the way I really hope to see more out of him.
7) 1st and 3rd compensation for B-Marsh.
8) Daniel Graham is better than T-Scheff, although it'd be nice to have two he works.

Feel free to add your own, as dumb as they may seem, it keeps my head up.

EMB6903
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Im anxious to see if players like Moreno and Alphonso will play to their potential.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Im anxious to see if players like Moreno and Alphonso will play to their potential.

And Quinn and McKinley.

titan
01-18-2010, 11:07 PM
I think Knowshon will be better with a full training camp (hopefully healthy). Remember last season he missed alot of camp and then had the injury in the SF preseason game that set him back more. He still played alot but it was on the job training.

I think Ayers will be better - he showed signs of coming on at the end of the season.

McBath and Burton look like two good young safeties

Ryan Harris will hopefully be healthy, giving the Broncos again two of the best young tackles in the league

We still have our 2011 #1 draft pick, so if we have a bad record we'll be drafting early in round 1 in '11

ikillz0mbies
01-18-2010, 11:15 PM
I think Knowshon will be better with a full training camp (hopefully healthy). Remember last season he missed alot of camp and then had the injury in the SF preseason game that set him back more. He still played alot but it was on the job training.

I think Ayers will be better - he showed signs of coming on at the end of the season.

Ryan Harris will hopefully be healthy, giving the Broncos again two of the best young tackles in the league

We still have our 2011 #1 draft pick, so if we have a bad record we'll be drafting early in round 1 in '11

If only a lot of the Broncos fans had your optimism. Hopefully what you said can be true.

Tned
01-18-2010, 11:17 PM
One of our 2010 first round picks (via the 2nd round) already has 16 games of experience.

weazel
01-19-2010, 12:39 AM
I am expecting a 2-14 season, so if they win 3... thats a positive.

Lonestar
01-19-2010, 04:59 AM
IF we can fix the LOS issues this team has had for aLONG time.. namely beef on the OLINE to move the LOS back on third and short and inside the Five that will fix a lot of offensive woes.

If we can develop or acquire a NT that can push the pocket into the QB on passing plays and clog the middle on running plays that should help the Back 8 to get some turn overs.

overall the LBs played decent ball this year and will only be better next year.

the DB's played well for the most part with only a few lapses covering TE's. we are a NT and DE or two from being A GREAT D.

NOW THAT IS NOT SAYING THAT FIELDS SUCKED (DAMNED caps lock key is where the A is supposed to be.) he IMO is just not hefty to play the spot consistently let him come in as a backup to spell a BIG BOY there.

Qb I really have no issues with He can and IMHO will do a good job running the O as designed by Josh, with help on the OLINE middle that will allow him the time to read the D and make the throws to open players instead of throwing the ball away when his primary guy is covered.

I think that Josh will open up the deeper passes since all of the players will have a years experience in the scheme under their belts. and with a power blocking OLINE that can open up some holes OUR RB's will be more productive even though they may get the ball less times.

As Alfred E Neuman used to say "What me worry".

SoCalImport
01-19-2010, 05:32 AM
Complaining has never interested me much. So this is the thread for me.

Positives for next season:

*Ryan Harris back and healthy will make a world of difference to the O-line (though having a better back up would be nice).
*Adding a stud guard and a more physical center will make our O-line once again dominant.
* If no move is made at QB I think we're fine with Orton as long as the O-line play is more consistent.
*We should manage to aquire some guys to help our Ds front 7 be more physical and deeper.
*The Defensive backfield is stacked and we've got young talent that showed something in 09.
*Moreno will be better (that I'm convinced of)

I'm spent for now. the Nolan thing's bummin me out a bit.

pnbronco
01-19-2010, 05:35 AM

I was thinking that too. Moreno getting hurt in SF I think really set him back, plus the timing was always just off. If they can fix the O line issues early and they can start working together from the first Mini Camp I think it will go a long way.

I hope that Ryan is back and healthy, he had the "if it wasn't for bad luck, you would have none at all" type of years and it started in pre-season for him too.

I remember seeing more and more of Ayers being in the right place towards the end of the season. He had some really nice tackles that made a difference.

Burton had some great plays on Special Teams and seems to be pretty sharp. Also MacBath was having some flashes until he got hurt. I think he will recover from his broken arm on the off season and be ready and hungry when the season starts. Also Tony Carter is tiny but man he made some good plays for getting thrown into the fire like that.

I heard on one of the radio stations that there will be a lot of players going into the draft this year. That they are afraid of waiting because of the possible salary limits with a new CBA.

frenchfan
01-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Positives for next year?
At this point, we haven't lost a game yet ;) :laugh: