PDA

View Full Version : The Best Offseason Ever - the Sequel

rationalfan
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Regardless of whether you think mcd's at fault or if nolan had it coming, this is already shaping up to be another dramatic offseason. and while last offseason, likely, caused some fans to stress out a bit more than they liked, it was GREAT having relevant offseason topics to discuss beyond the draft, free agency and how many times the team will wear retro uniforms.

Whether he wins or loses, mcd is the most entertaining coach the broncos have had (at least in my 33 years). this offseason is going to be awesome.

Northman
01-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I wouldnt use awesome as my example. Nightmare maybe, but not awesome.

nevcraw
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
It's all fun and games if the net result is wins.. but if at the end of all this pain and teeth pulling is more losing.. then it will not be awesome, it will excruciating.

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Shoot me now, please. I don't think I can make it through another offseason of this type of crap.

Dean
01-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Regardless of whether you think mcd's at fault or if nolan had it coming, this is already shaping up to be another dramatic offseason. and while last offseason, likely, caused some fans to stress out a bit more than they liked, it was GREAT having relevant offseason topics to discuss beyond the draft, free agency and how many times the team will wear retro uniforms.

Whether he wins or loses, mcd is the most entertaining coach the broncos have had (at least in my 33 years). this offseason is going to be awesome.

Entertaining? Do you tour hospices for the terminally ill in your spare time?

Superchop 7
01-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Entertaining? Do you tour hospices for the terminally ill in your spare time?

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Funniest thing you have ever written.....

LMAO:laugh:

Lonestar
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Franky it will be interesting to see some of the haters impolde.

Just when I thought it could not get better, the negative nancies get their panties in a wad once again without knowing for sure what happened.

Just could be Nolan is not everything Y'all thought he was (unlikely) or he wanted more of something that was not good for the TEAM.

I for one will wait till the TRUE comes out before looking for a tree and cutting a hank of rope.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Ravage!!!
01-19-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14219106

As the Broncos' confusing 2009 season wore on, Josh McDaniels and Mike Nolan began to realize that aside from their agent, they didn't have much in common.

In large part because of differences in coaching styles, philosophies and game-day play calling, McDaniels, the Broncos' head coach, and Nolan, the team's defensive coordinator, decided at the conclusion of their meeting Monday to end their business relationship after just one season.

According to an NFL source, the relationship between McDaniels and Nolan, while not contentious, began to gradually develop an irritant, like a scratch that wouldn't stop itching. Nolan believed he would have more autonomous control of the defense. And McDaniels, like Belichick, is a head coach who oversees all phases of a football operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah.. I'm sure Nolan didn't want what wasa right for the TEAM.... :lol: He's another one of those people around the team that don't have the 'team' concept and are purely looking out for themselves.

My guess... he didn't do enough ring kissing.

frauschieze
01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't WANT an "interesting" or "entertaining" offseason. I want it to be boring, full of stories of individuals or groups working out and prepping for the upcoming season and charity events they are attending or running. THAT is a good offseason, when the news is so slow, it seems the season will never get here. All the drama gets me is heartburn and high blood pressure. I do that well enough to myself during the games; I can use a six month break.

Nomad
01-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't WANT an "interesting" or "entertaining" offseason. I want it to be boring, full of stories of individuals or groups working out and prepping for the upcoming season and charity events they are attending or running. THAT is a good offseason, when the news is so slow, it seems the season will never get here. All the drama gets me is heartburn and high blood pressure. I do that well enough to myself during the games; I can use a six month break.

makes listening to the Jim Armstrong Show interesting!!! Who's his partner on his show...anyone??

claymore
01-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Can anyone remember a team where the HC was the distraction?

Nomad
01-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Can anyone remember a team where the HC was the distraction?

Lane Kiffin:D

claymore
01-19-2010, 12:43 PM
LOL... Maybe in Ten.,... Or USC... Maybe Tom Cable but i dont think he has even taken as much media attention as Our kid wonder.

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 01:31 PM

lane kiffen wasnt the distraction...the crypt keeper was..and is

Ravage!!!
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
wow.... I don't know what to say in response to the OP, other than, wow......