PDA

View Full Version : Ok Ravage, Clay, Horse, etc.

Northman
01-18-2010, 07:03 PM
NOW IM ******* PISSED.

WTF? Nolan was the only good thing that happened this year. Now im on board with you guys. Cannot believe it. :tsk:

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:05 PM
I hate to say this, BUT....

McD has done more damage to this franchise in 1 season that any other single person has done in a 50 year history.

broncofaninfla
01-18-2010, 07:06 PM
There is one common denominator in all of the drama and BS.....Mcd. This kid is clearly in over his head.

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Bowlen...I implore you, DO SOMETHING!!!

broncofaninfla
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
If Bowlen doesn't act, the Broncos will be picking in the top 5 next year in the draft. It's time to cut our losses and make a run for Cower.

Medford Bronco
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
I wish Bowlen would fire him and bring in Gruden

I know there is 'no chance' but I am so sick of this crap.

I will still be a fan but i am aggravated now.

Northman
01-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Unreal.

I bet Mike said something like "Josh, we need to target a Dlineman" in which Josh replied "Yea right, we need another RB". lol

turftoad
NOW IM ******* PISSED.

WTF? Nolan was the only good thing that happened this year. Now im on board with you guys. Cannot believe it. :tsk:

i can't believe It took you this long buddy???

nevcraw
It has to be getting pretty lonely in Mount McDville.
Hope McD has enough brothers to fill out the coaching staff.

Northman
If Bowlen doesn't act, the Broncos will be picking in the top 5 next year in the draft. It's time to cut our losses and make a run for Cower.

Sadly, i agree 100%

Medford Bronco
01-18-2010, 07:11 PM

I think the 6-0 start clouded his judgement as it did mine.

I feel that 6-10 is a real possiblity next season:mad::mad::tsk:

Northman
01-18-2010, 07:11 PM

Well, i still hold firm to my Jay and Brandon issues. But this one has got me just saying WTF. Its almost as if this asshat signed on to run us into the ground. Unbelievable.

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I wonder if Bowlen gets enough complaints from the people who fill his pocket, he'll wake up and realize he is losing his fanbase. I know none of us are going anywhere, but this is absolutely excruciating to sit by and watch.

nevcraw
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
I wonder if Bowlen gets enough complaints from the people who fill his pocket, he'll wake up and realize he is losing his fanbase. I know none of us are going anywhere, but this is absolutely excruciating to sit by and watch.

Maybe Bowlen has lost touch with these people..

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Well, i still hold firm to my Jay and Brandon issues. But this one has got me just saying WTF. Its almost as if this asshat signed on to run us into the ground. Unbelievable.

It hasn't changed my mind on those 2 as well !! I agree with WTF is going on at Dove Valley.

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:20 PM

How do you get ahold to the guy? He's probably in some corner right now getting liquored up!!:D

Traveler
01-18-2010, 07:21 PM
WOW! Now this I didn't expect. There is speculation that Nolan was interested in some other DC positions and wanted to pursue them. I don't know what to think about this team anymore. Guess I'll let this matter play out before commenting further.

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:22 PM
It says a lot that so many coaches, coordinators, etc want out. If it were one or two, it might be a bit easier to understand.

CoachChaz
01-18-2010, 07:23 PM
NOW IM ******* PISSED.

I gave McDaniels as much rope and defense as anyone. but if it turns out that he is ultimately responsible for Nolan leaving and it isn't just something petty on mikes part...then i'll be on board with the group waiting to lynch him. at some point something has to give. the drama literally wears me out

Grover
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
This turn of events is just inexplicable. Don't know if Nolen will say anything, but I'm guessing McDaniels will open his yap to tell his side of the story as soon as someone asks him.

I'm not defending McDaniels here at all, but if there's anything positive to look at, it's this...

McDaniels hired Nolan, most of us felt he was a good DC. So it's also possible that McDaniels could hire another good DC that we will all respect and can be happy with.

But I'm not liking the team going through another learning curve with a revised scheme. That part just doesn't make sense.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 07:29 PM
NOW IM ******* PISSED.

*puts my arm around your shoulder*

you know, its really not that bad over here on this side, we do have great cookies :listen:

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
I'll say it. People wanted to say that Cutler was a baby.. yet he wasn't a baby for two YOUNGer seasons with other coaches, nor was he with his new coach in Chic.

Marshall never caused any problems on the field with other coaches, and never seemed to "quit" on the team with other coaches (of course, none of them publicly questioned his toughness to the media)....

Schefflar... same thing....

Hillis seemed to ahve gotten along with other coaches

Turner didn't want to leave

Dennison was here forever....

Goodmans didn't want to leave prior

..... all these other people were "ok".. but its Cutler and Marshall that are in the wrong? really? How about we accept the fact that McD can NOT handle people.... period. Players, nor co-workers. People don't like him. You think Cutler told a false story when he met with McD now? Reallly? I don't.

I have no reason to believe that these coaches want out and are leaving like flies through and open window... and the palyers are just "babies." I guess the coaches are babies too.

broncofaninfla
01-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Signing Nolan was a brilliant move by Mcd but now you can add Nolan to the list of people who want out of Denver. I can't help but think this will make it harder for Denver to attract a quality DC outside the organization. Martindale is a great internal candidate IMO

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Cutler was a baby way before Shanahan was even fired!!

getlynched47
01-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Somebody had a change of heart :coffee:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Dumbasses, Nolan said in week 8 on The Herd that 2010 was his payoff year, when he'll be a head coach. You guys thought he was finishing his contract? Try paying attention and not thinking the sky is always falling.

spikerman
01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Cue the recently "fired" Patriots defensive coordinator. If there is one thing this team needs it's more Patriots' staff and players. Belichick is a stinkin' genius. He dispatched his minion to single handedly destroy a franchise that was a thorn in his side. Well played sir, well played.

claymore
01-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Dumbasses, Nolan said in week 8 on The Herd that 2010 was his payoff year, when he'll be a head coach. You guys thought he was finishing his contract? Try paying attention and not thinking the sky is always falling.
Thats why he is interviewing for D Coordinator jobs?

Northman
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Cue the recently "fired" Patriots defensive coordinator. If there is one thing this team needs it's more Patriots' staff and players. Belichick is a stinkin' genius. He dispatched his minion to single handedly destroy a franchise that was a thorn in his side. Well, played sir, well played.

Which was my biggest worry. Bronco Nation, we have Steve Spurrier 2.0. i feel. :lol:

spikerman
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Not to use the ol' fallback argument, but folks, before we panic or say bad things about McDaniels, let's remember that he did have the same record as Shanahan in his first year. :D

SR
01-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Go Avalanche!

claymore
01-18-2010, 08:24 PM
go avalanche!

lmao!

claymore
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Not to use the ol' fallback argument, but folks, before we panic or say bad things about McDaniels, let's remember that he did have the same record as Shanahan in his first year. :D

I just dont know what to say anymore. Im sick of the drama. So sick of it.

SR
01-18-2010, 08:28 PM
I am sick of the drama too, but it is what it is. It could always be worse...would could be Lions fans...

Northman
01-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I am sick of the drama too, but it is what it is. It could always be worse...would could be Lions fans...

Careful for what you wish for. :lol:

pnbronco
01-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Go Avalanche!

Got that right. The biggest drama is that the young ones are making it hard for the Vet to get his spot back.

I'm like you SR, it is what it is. I don't really know what any of it means. I just know that I can only control what I do, like with my business this year. I actually broke my writing block today and wrote a pattern instead of being on the board. The bad part I didn't make it to the post office.....;)

pnbronco
01-18-2010, 08:33 PM

Or worse yet a Red Wings....:eek:...oh wrong sport....:laugh:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM

At least they have Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

Lonestar
01-18-2010, 08:53 PM
wow the BSQ is appearing to grow into a Chorus or choir on unsubstantiated rumors of WHY he left.

Until we get the real reason, lets not go to the same place that the first jay and Josh debacle went.

Everyone (reporters) guessing trying to get a scoop and we found out later that most were wrong.

IF it was just Josh then I may climb on the train.

opinions are like ******** everyone has one and most are smelly.

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 02:00 AM
a tale of two rookie head coaches

both come in highly thought of..one a so called offensive genious...the other a defensive mastermind

one brings in players that will contribute ..the other players he used to coach that really arent that good

one has no qb...needs one..drafts one
the other had a 25 year old probowl qb...trades him...needs defense..drafts a rb

one starts slow..with a new defensive scheme..new offensive schme..new playrs...new coaches...rookie qb

the other starts fast...new defense...new offense..new players...supposed solid qb in a qb friendly scheme

one coach brings along his offense keeping them within the limits of a rookie qb...dramaticaly improves defense

the other has a dc that dramatically improves defense....while the offense dies a agonizing death

one finishes strong...makes the post season...and now is one game away from the superbowl

the other...well.... has his qb...has his wr...has his LS...his own te
finishes a weak 2-8

one has a solid team..that believes they can win..takes the identity of the coach

the other is bleeding talent..has alienated many players..is losing coaches at a alarming rate

can you guess which one is ryan and which ones mcd

j3phr3y
01-19-2010, 02:55 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who still holds no opinion on McDaniels. I am happy Bowlen is giving him a chance to run the show as he sees fit; that's the best chance the team has IMO. Let the man sink or swim on his own. I'm rooting for him.

Gamechanger
01-19-2010, 03:48 AM
sorry guys...seriously

DenBronx
01-19-2010, 05:15 AM
i hate mcdaniels...more than i hate rivers.

SoCalImport
01-19-2010, 05:49 AM
I hate to say this, BUT....

McD has done more damage to this franchise in 1 season that any other single person has done in a 50 year history.

How can you possibly say that?

We were 8-8...again:confused:

frenchfan
01-19-2010, 06:08 AM
WTF are people blaming McD for everything that happens to this franchise?

As far as I'm mad Nolan is gone (such as Dennison & Turner), why blaming McD??? Do you know who took the decision? McD? Nolan? Both? Just keep in mind Nolan is a former HC and may be he wants other challenges (even as a DC btw).

Dennison & Turner didn't leave because of McD, but because they were offered better jobs by Shanny & Kuby... May be that's a better reason than to leave because of McD.

I'm not here to defend McD, but to keep thing honest... I didn't like everything our HC has done last year or will do the next years, but he is the man in charge and he also did some good things too... After all, he signed Nolan, didn't he?

Let's see what will happen to this franchise but it's really clear we are on rebuilding mode... Like it or not... We'll have a complete new staff and a new direction IMO... Forget Shanny's time and spirit...
Good or bad, I don't know... But I know we'll have 1 or 2 year of "so so" football here again... The main thing is the see if we'll be in a right way or not... But don't expect us to be SB contender within 2 years... We had too many issues to solve to expect more...

I'm not solved on McD, but he still has a chance in my opinion... Hope he'll do a good job... If not... I wouldn't mind if he gets fired ;)

Peace.

claymore
01-19-2010, 06:47 AM
A Pro Franchise never lets its best coordinator, possibly best coach out of its contract for a lateral move to another franchise.

There is no way to defend this front office. Not just JMCD, but the whole front office Stinks. If Miami wanted Nolan that bad we could at least got a later round draft pick and saved some face.

This shit is embarrassing.

frenchfan
01-19-2010, 06:52 AM
A Pro Franchise never lets its best coordinator, possibly best coach out of its contract for a lateral move to another franchise.

There is no way to defend this front office. Not just JMCD, but the whole front office Stinks. If Miami wanted Nolan that bad we could at least got a later round draft pick and saved some face.

This shit is embarrassing.I can agree with that.

What piss me off is not only we lost Nolan but that it seems we have nothing in return...

claymore
01-19-2010, 06:55 AM
I can agree with that.

What piss me off is not only we lost Nolan but that it seems we have nothing in return...

If we are playing hardball with players and making them stay the duration of their contracts wtf kind of message does this send? Its ok if you are a coach?

Im still baffeled by this, but I am pretty damn sure we didnt let Nolan go because we thought him being a DC in Miami was better for his career.

Dirk
01-19-2010, 07:10 AM
You know North and others. I didn't see anything about this (not watching TV or reading anything at all since yesterday morning).

And I was completely shocked! I couldn't believe it.

I read that Nolan was being pursued by Miami before he left. Miami had asked for permission to talk to Nolan and wanted him. He will be interviewing with them in the next few days.

Ok, I don't like it either. But, in order for me to sleep at night, I always look for reasons and positives in things that occur.

Nolan must have wanted the chance to go to Miami after they asked for permission. Maybe Josh and Mike talked it out and decided that since Mike wanted to go to Miami instead of hanging on to the Denver job and Josh said "Fine, if you don't want to be a Denver Broncos coach then see ya and buh bye".

Will someone give their all if they don't want to be somewhere?

Besides, after a nice start, the defense couldn't close a game when they needed to. This was mainly due to no pressure at the line. But doesn't change the fact that we could have beat Philly and Oak at the end of the season and were beat by their last possesion. The Chiefs game the defense looked like a high school team playing in the NFL.

So, yes I think Nolan is an outstanding coach, but not the defensive genious that many think he is. He did do a lot with the talent that was on the field but I give most of that credit to the signing of BDawk and his ability to get the players around him to play to their and above their potential. It's always more fun to play when you have someone like him at your side.

Now, I have to believe that it was more Nolan wanting to leave to go to Miami than it was McD wanting him to leave. Does that make it any better? No, but it makes more since then McD firing him after he turned the defense into the right direction.

Northman
01-19-2010, 07:17 AM
You know North and others. I didn't see anything about this (not watching TV or reading anything at all since yesterday morning).

I read that Nolan was being pursued by Miami before he left. Miami had asked for permission to talk to Nolan and wanted him. He will be interviewing with them in the next few days.

Ok, I don't like it either. But, in order for me to sleep at night, I always look for reasons and positives in things that occur.

Nolan must have wanted the chance to go to Miami after they asked for permission. Maybe Josh and Mike talked it out and decided that since Mike wanted to go to Miami instead of hanging on to the Denver job and Josh said "Fine, if you don't want to be a Denver Broncos coach then see ya and buh bye".

Besides, after a nice start, the defense couldn't close a game when they needed to. This was mainly due to no pressure at the line. But doesn't change the fact that we could have beat Philly and Oak at the end of the season and were beat by their last possesion. The Chiefs game the defense looked like a high school team playing in the NFL.

So, yes I think Nolan is an outstanding coach, but not the defensive genious that many think he is. He did do a lot with the talent that was on the field but I give most of that credit to the signing of BDawk and his ability to get the players around him to play to their and above their potential. It's always more fun to play when you have someone like him at your side.

Now, I have to believe that it was more Nolan wanting to leave to go to Miami than it was McD wanting him to leave. Does that make it any better? No, but it makes more since then McD firing him after he turned the defense into the right direction.

Great points Dirk and i agree somewhat with them. However, here is where my beef is. Being a Denver Bronco whether its a player or coach used to be one of the more high profiled positions because of how well run the organization was. Now, people cant wait to exit and thats scary to me. This is why the Lions and up until recently the Bengals had such a hard time getting quality talent into their folds. It starts bringing in a negative energy like the one that surrounds Oakland right now. There's a reason people say great players go to Oakland to die because its true. That organization is a catastrophe right now. I dont want Denver to go down that road but right now the mentality of this team is no one wants to be here. Sure, some of the players are responsible for some of that but not all of it. If Nolan wanted to go to Miami i would be clawing at his feet to try and do everything possible to keep him here. I said it all through last season that it was a must for us to keep Nolan here even if it meant paying him big bucks. But we know McD doesnt put up with any shit and thinks he can do it all on his own. Well, he still has that opportunity but i worry about the cost of it in the long run.

claymore
01-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Great points Dirk and i agree somewhat with them. However, here is where my beef is. Being a Denver Bronco whether its a player or coach used to be one of the more high profiled positions because of how well run the organization was. Now, people cant wait to exit and thats scary to me. This is why the Lions and up until recently the Bengals had such a hard time getting quality talent into their folds. It starts bringing in a negative energy like the one that surrounds Oakland right now. There's a reason people say great players go to Oakland to die because its true. That organization is a catastrophe right now. I dont want Denver to go down that road but right now the mentality of this team is no one wants to be here. Sure, some of the players are responsible for some of that but not all of it. If Nolan wanted to go to Miami i would be clawing at his feet to try and do everything possible to keep him here. I said it all through last season that it was a must for us to keep Nolan here even if it meant paying him big bucks. But we know McD doesnt put up with any shit and thinks he can do it all on his own. Well, he still has that opportunity but i worry about the cost of it in the long run.

He was under contract we didnt have to do anything.

In large part because of differences in coaching styles, philosophies and game-day play calling, McDaniels, the Broncos' head coach, and Nolan, the team's defensive coordinator, decided at the conclusion of their meeting Monday to end their business relationship after just one season.

Another one on one meeting, another pissed off Bronco that wants to leave.

Its a pattern.

Im not that pissed because frankly im not surprised.

My positive is that this is the worst thing that could have happened this offseason, at least its already over.

Dean
01-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Must be something unpleasant here that no one wants to deal with. Here is a Denverpost Premiun article from Hulamau.

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14219106

As the Broncos' confusing 2009 season wore on, Josh McDaniels and Mike Nolan began to realize that aside from their agent, they didn't have much in common.

In large part because of differences in coaching styles, philosophies and game-day play calling, McDaniels, the Broncos' head coach, and Nolan, the team's defensive coordinator, decided at the conclusion of their meeting Monday to end their business relationship after just one season.

"I definitely was surprised," Broncos inside linebacker Andra Davis said. "Didn't see this coming at all. It seemed like everything was good, everything is OK. I guess it's best if it was mutually agreed upon."

McDaniels and Nolan moved quickly to fill their voids. Nolan will interview with the Miami Dolphins for their defensive coordinator position this week, while the Broncos are likely to soon name former New England assistant Dean Pees as their fifth defensive coordinator in five years.

"I can't say anything other than Josh and I mutually agreed to part ways," said Nolan, who added he hadn't yet had time to contact his children when reached by The Denver Post.

Even from the start, McDaniels and Nolan seemed like a curious partnership. McDaniels was 32 when hired to be the Broncos' head coach last year. He is the son of a legendary high school coach from Canton, Ohio, and owed his entire NFL coaching background to the Patriots and their head coach, Bill Belichick.

McDaniels is system specific in the way he puts together his roster and game plan.

Nolan, 50, is an NFL lifer. His dad, **** Nolan, was an NFL head coach from 1968-80. Mike Nolan coached for six NFL teams over 23 seasons, 11 as a defensive coordinator, six from 1987-92 in an earlier stint with Denver and four as head coach for the San Francisco 49ers.

"I have great respect for Mike and wish him success in the future," McDaniels said in a team media release.

Although McDaniels and Nolan never previously worked together, they were introduced through their mutual agent, Bob LaMonte. By all accounts, McDaniels and Nolan got along fine through the good times of their 6-0 start and during the rough period of their miserable 2-8 finish. They did not argue or butt heads.

According to an NFL source, the relationship between McDaniels and Nolan, while not contentious, began to gradually develop an irritant, like a scratch that wouldn't stop itching. Nolan believed he would have more autonomous control of the defense. And McDaniels, like Belichick, is a head coach who oversees all phases of a football operation.

During their 6-0 start, the Broncos allowed just 11.0 points per game. The defense was trampled down the stretch, allowing 25.8 points in the final 10 games.

Soon after the Broncos' abrupt end to their 8-8 season, McDaniels started receiving requests from other teams seeking permission to interview Nolan. Besides the Dolphins, the Bills also expressed interest. The Bears are possible too.

It appeared Nolan, who had just one year remaining on his contract, may have concluded his second coaching stint with the Broncos wasn't a good fit.

McDaniels agreed. After the Broncos' coaches took time off last week, they reconvened Monday. McDaniels met with Nolan and, at the end of their discussion, each agreed it would be best to separate.

McDaniels believes in the offensive and defensive systems he helped coach in New England. Pees worked with him on the Patriots' staff from 2004-08. When Pees, who had been the Pats' defensive coordinator since 2006, and Belichick agreed to part ways last week, McDaniels had the man to carry out his defensive beliefs.

Dirk
01-19-2010, 07:43 AM
I agree in part North.

Denver will never get to the Raiders level no matter what happens. Just isn't going to happen. Al would have to buy the Broncos for that to happen.

I too wanted Nolan to stay. He was the highlight of McD's hirings last year.

I am not hanging off of Josh's jock, I am just looking for reasoning here. But if Josh wouldn't allow Miami to talk to Nolan because he wanted to keep him, it could have cause friction between the two. And you know that friction between coaches is much worse because it trickles down through all the players.

For whatever reason the two have gone separate ways, let's just hope that McD can find someone to replace him that is up to the task.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Man I'm stunned, just stunned. This is NOT a good thing at all. If McDaniels loses the defense like he lost the offense late last season, we're in for some real trouble.

claymore
01-19-2010, 07:48 AM
I just hope we dont get pee's. Last thing we need is a boston belichick yes man.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-19-2010, 07:55 AM
I just hope we dont get pee's. Last thing we need is a boston belichick yes man.

But, by doing this McDaniels has taken full responsibility for both the offense and the defense. If he does, in fact, bring in another boot-licking Bellistooge, the team's complete success or failure rides firmly on his shoulders. there will be nobody else to blame. If the defense stinks this year, he can't just blame Nolan ( a senior D-Coordinator, because he essentially fired Nolan and took the defense for his own. That's what this really was, a firing. Nolan was under contract and could've stayed. McDaniels made the over all decision to let him go after he expressed his desire to leave.

The upcoming season starts now. After a major coaching change like this for our most improved unit, I think McD has all but assured that he has one more season here unless we get a playoff victory. If we're 8-8 or worse again this year, He probably won't be around next year.

Traveler
01-19-2010, 08:02 AM
The next question is now that the coaches are meeting for their end of year closeouts, should we expect more coaches to depart?

claymore
01-19-2010, 08:30 AM
The next question is now that the coaches are meeting for their end of year closeouts, should we expect more coaches to depart?

Off hand I cant think of a single Denver coach I care about right now. We need a real offensive coordinator. If McCoy would have been fired I would have been happy that a real problem was addressed.

Nomad
01-19-2010, 08:36 AM

This shit is embarrassing.

I wonder where Bowlen is in all this...he is the owner. He could put his foot down and hasn't so he must be agreeing with the Xanders and McDaniels moves!!

BTW, does anyone know how to email Bowlen at Dove Valley!

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 08:41 AM
I dont think we have to worry about Peas. He's 60 and has said he was leaving to spend time with family. I know we've heard that before, but I'm going to hope beyod hope that he sticks to his word.

claymore
01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I wonder where Bowlen is in all this...he is the owner. He could put his foot down and hasn't so he must be agreeing with the Xanders and McDaniels moves!!

BTW, does anyone know how to email Bowlen at Dove Valley!

I dont know if its that or he realizes there isnt much else to lose, so why not ride it out another year.

If this thing doesnt work out, I hope we fire the front office as well, and pick a real GM before we hire our next coach.

I think I like our FO less than JMCD. Which says allot.

Dirk
01-19-2010, 08:57 AM
I dont think we have to worry about Peas. He's 60 and has said he was leaving to spend time with family. I know we've heard that before, but I'm going to hope beyod hope that he sticks to his word.

Yeah I think he has been dealing with a lot of health issues over the recent pass. Like 5 or so ailments that have taken a lot out of him.

If he was completely healthy in mind and body I would say go for it. But I just don't think he is so stay away Josh!

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah I think he has been dealing with a lot of health issues over the recent pass. Like 5 or so ailments that have taken a lot out of him.

If he was completely healthy in mind and body I would say go for it. But I just don't think he is so stay away Josh!

Agreed. if his health wasnt an issue...I think he'd be a good replacement.

claymore
01-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Agreed. if his health wasnt an issue...I think he'd be a good replacement.

He's the Dick Cheney of the NFL. Maybe JMCD will shoot him. :D

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 09:04 AM
He's the Dick Cheney of the NFL. Maybe JMCD will shoot him. :D

You'll call him that because he comes from NE. If he had been coaching Philly's defense the last few years with success...you wouldnt care about his health.

Admit it

claymore
01-19-2010, 09:09 AM
You'll call him that because he comes from NE. If he had been coaching Philly's defense the last few years with success...you wouldnt care about his health.

Admit it
Regardless of who the coach is in Denver, I never, ever, ever want a NE coordinator here.

I would feel a hell of a lot better if it was the Philly coordinator. Regardless of age, race, and or sexual orientation.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Bring in Cowher.

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Regardless of who the coach is in Denver, I never, ever, ever want a NE coordinator here.

I would feel a hell of a lot better if it was the Philly coordinator. Regardless of age, race, and or sexual orientation.

...and I'm sure I know why you feel that way. But in reality...what coach or coordinator can move from a team full of talent and championships to a team with alot of mediocre players and have immediate success. Say what you want about any coach or coordinator, but their systems and success can only be as good as the players they have around them.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 09:25 AM
...and I'm sure I know why you feel that way. But in reality...what coach or coordinator can move from a team full of talent and championships to a team with alot of mediocre players and have immediate success. Say what you want about any coach or coordinator, but their systems and success can only be as good as the players they have around them.

True except our coach is the one getting rid of talented players. He is not the first NE coach that seems to be over his head once he gets the HC job. No Cutler, No Marshall no Shef Nolan gone, does this sound like the Broncos we all grew to love to anyone?

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Bring in Cowher.

claymore
01-19-2010, 09:27 AM
...and I'm sure I know why you feel that way. But in reality...what coach or coordinator can move from a team full of talent and championships to a team with alot of mediocre players and have immediate success. Say what you want about any coach or coordinator, but their systems and success can only be as good as the players they have around them.I feel that way because no BB diciple has had HC success at any level.

So what good does it do to rid your team of the best players it does have? Locker room cancers? Maybe, but a strong well respected coach could and should overcome that.

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 09:29 AM
True except our coach is the one getting rid of talented players. He is not the first NE coach that seems to be over his head once he gets the HC job. No Cutler, No Marshall no Shef Nolan gone, does this sound like the Broncos we all grew to love to anyone?

If Cutler, Marshall and Sheff and their mediocrity are what we've grown to love...might I suggest we all become Bears or Redskins fans?

Nolan, left and immediately finds a home in Miami. Hmmm...makes one wonder if that isnt where he wanted to be all along.

I wont let McD off the hook for every detail, but I refuse to pretend he is the anti-christ and solely responsible for EVERYTHING that is wrong in Broncos land

claymore
01-19-2010, 09:34 AM
If Cutler, Marshall and Sheff and their mediocrity are what we've grown to love...might I suggest we all become Bears or Redskins fans?

Nolan, left and immediately finds a home in Miami. Hmmm...makes one wonder if that isnt where he wanted to be all along.

I wont let McD off the hook for every detail, but I refuse to pretend he is the anti-christ and solely responsible for EVERYTHING that is wrong in Broncos land

Of course he isnt. THats an pretty ambiguos statement. But he is responsible for multiple weird shocking situations that we are not accustomed to.

G_Money
01-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Unbelievable.

The only thing McDaniels had going for him - seriously, I'm trying to think of other things and failing - was his ability to surround himself with quality coaches.

And now we find out he can't stop stepping on Nolan's nads long enough for the DC who LOVES DENVER to stick around more than one season.

This is insanity.

I don't know if Pees will come here. He has health concerns and family concerns and is tired of everyone talking about it being Belichick's defense instead of his. Why would he come to a place where McDaniels wants to tell him what to do just like Belichick? I sure hope McDaniels kissed off Nolan with some sort of alternate plan in mind. If he forced Nolan's hand with no backup plan in place, I'm gonna be...well hell, I expect it at this point.

My curiosity is this: if he CAN'T get Pees, what other good or even decent coach is going to want to get involved in a defense he's not allowed to totally run himself for a no-name kid with a resume that looks like a chemical weapons attack after a train derailment as far as chaos and turnover goes?

From the outside looking in, who would want to put their future on the line to coach under Josh now?

Which IMO takes away his lone strength of being able to properly judge coaching talent, since he can't keep it because he's a megalomaniacal fruitloop?

Gah!

~G

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Unbelievable.

The only thing McDaniels had going for him - seriously, I'm trying to think of other things and failing - was his ability to surround himself with quality coaches.

And now we find out he can't stop stepping on Nolan's nads long enough for the DC who LOVES DENVER to stick around more than one season.

This is insanity.

I don't know if Pees will come here. He has health concerns and family concerns and is tired of everyone talking about it being Belichick's defense instead of his. Why would he come to a place where McDaniels wants to tell him what to do just like Belichick? I sure hope McDaniels kissed off Nolan with some sort of alternate plan in mind. If he forced Nolan's hand with no backup plan in place, I'm gonna be...well hell, I expect it at this point.

My curiosity is this: if he CAN'T get Pees, what other good or even decent coach is going to want to get involved in a defense he's not allowed to totally run himself for a no-name kid with a resume that looks like a chemical weapons attack after a train derailment as far as chaos and turnover goes?

From the outside looking in, who would want to put their future on the line to coach under Josh now?

Which IMO takes away his lone strength of being able to properly judge coaching talent, since he can't keep it because he's a megalomaniacal fruitloop?

Gah!

~G

Bring in Cowher.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 09:40 AM

So the mediocrity the Broncos had in the past didn't make you feel like they had a chance to win? You don't think the 08 offence was better than 09? I am a Broncos fan, not the Bears or the Skins I am a Broncos fan, but I don't have blinders either.
Have some good things happened this year... yea of course but has there been way too much drama... do you sense the Broncos are close to a champion level team ... no is McD way over his head and letting his ego run the team... I think so

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 09:46 AM
There are psoitives and negatives to both the 08 and 09 teams. At the end fo the day...niether was better than the other. All I can do is wait and see what happens. If the '10 yeam wins 10 or 11, then it's progress and I cant argue with that.

broncofaninfla
01-19-2010, 09:48 AM
We'll be begging for mediocrity by the time Mcd is done with this team........

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
There are psoitives and negatives to both the 08 and 09 teams. At the end fo the day...niether was better than the other. All I can do is wait and see what happens. If the '10 yeam wins 10 or 11, then it's progress and I cant argue with that.

Wasn't the positives of the 08 team the offence and the 09 team teh defence. Now Nolan is gone, not sure why but one major reason for the 09 success is gone and almost all the reasons for the 08 success are gone.
If 10 wins happen it is progress that is true, I can't argue that. I still feel however this franchise should be in better hands right now. McDaniels could end up being great, but I can't accept all that has happened since he was hired as a blanket "the best move for the team" because I don't believe that is true.

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
We'll be begging for mediocrity by the time Mcd is done with this team........

Can you do me a favor and look into that crystal ball and tell me who will win the 2011 Super Bowl? I'd like to get a big head start on placing bets and getting rich.

TIA, Nostradamus

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Wasn't the positives of the 08 team the offence and the 09 team teh defence. Now Nolan is gone, not sure why but one major reason for the 09 success is gone and almost all the reasons for the 08 success are gone.
If 10 wins happen it is progress that is true, I can't argue that. I still feel however this franchise should be in better hands right now. McDaniels could end up being great, but I can't accept all that has happened since he was hired as a blanket "the best move for the team" because I don't believe that is true.

I wont and cant argue with any of this. All I can say is that everyone expects this whole transition to occur without casualties and that's just not reasonable. Yes, Nolan is gone...but we dont know why. Everyone wants to assume it's all McD's fault because that's the easy answer. But isn't it just a little coincidental that he immediately has something going on with Miami? let's look at everything on both sides before we jump to conclusions. That's all I ask.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 10:08 AM
I wont and cant argue with any of this. All I can say is that everyone expects this whole transition to occur without casualties and that's just not reasonable. Yes, Nolan is gone...but we dont know why. Everyone wants to assume it's all McD's fault because that's the easy answer. But isn't it just a little coincidental that he immediately has something going on with Miami? let's look at everything on both sides before we jump to conclusions. That's all I ask.

It is possible Nolan wanted to leave, if so could it be because of McDaniels. I expected casualties as you put it, but no one expected what has happened. I also didn't expect a one year turn around and I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt to McD, but when is enough, enought? At some point, and hopefully before it is too last an evaluation of this craziness has to be done. I am not making my opinion on the Nolan departure, it is just another move that doesn't make sense.
To me it is the same logic as trading for Al Smith and giving up a first rounder. Even if we traded Cutler for what we got and then sent Marshall to the Raven for a 1 and 3 as he will be tendered. Then we would have the 11th 14th and 25th picks in the draft. That could fill a lot of holes. Or trade down the 14th and 25th for a stud and still have #11. Getting rid of choices doesn't make sense.

Dirk
01-19-2010, 10:08 AM

Always the voice of reason coach! :salute:

I too think it was NOT coach McD's fault that Nolan is gone. I think that there is a very good chance that Miami and Nolan were working on things already.

Like I said before, if Nolan went to McD and told him he didn't want to be in Denver and wanted to go to Miami then I think McD did the right thing. Parting ways.

He DID NOT fire him. Some of you need to accept that. At least that is what we know so far. They AGREED to go separate ways. So blame cannot be placed on McD for this as far as we know.

claymore
01-19-2010, 10:32 AM

Can you do me a favor and look into that crystal ball and tell me who will win the 2011 Super Bowl? I'd like to get a big head start on placing bets and getting rich.

TIA, Nostradamus

How come you can speculate that Nolan had a something in the works with Miami, but someone else cant speculate that our team will suck next year?

frauschieze
01-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Hey Socal.....

I have an idea. How about we go after Cowher? ;)

frauschieze
01-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Always the voice of reason coach! :salute:

I too think it was NOT coach McD's fault that Nolan is gone. I think that there is a very good chance that Miami and Nolan were working on things already.

Like I said before, if Nolan went to McD and told him he didn't want to be in Denver and wanted to go to Miami then I think McD did the right thing. Parting ways.

He DID NOT fire him. Some of you need to accept that. At least that is what we know so far. They AGREED to go separate ways. So blame cannot be placed on McD for this as far as we know.

Reports are Nolan and McD couldn't get along. It takes two to tango, so Nolan is at fault too. But when there are issues with players, coaches, front office staff.....

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/dysfunction.jpg

I just hope McD knows what he's doing.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Reports are Nolan and McD couldn't get along. It takes two to tango, so Nolan is at fault too. But when there are issues with players, coaches, front office staff.....

That is the problem I am not sure he does

GEM
01-19-2010, 10:42 AM
How can you possibly say that?

We were 8-8...again:confused:

I am not talking the season total on wins or losses. I'm talking about his bone headed moves that are tearing the franchise apart, losing fan sentiment, etc. There's a bigger picture than W-L's. And the guy that coached our Defense to that 6-0 start just took walk.

Dirk
01-19-2010, 10:43 AM

I agree completely. And hence the reason I said we can't put the blame completely on McD.

His track record up to this point is one of my way or the highway. That is for sure. But I think most of us have worked for bosses that we didn't like, but we do our job...until we get an opportunity to go somewhere else. Which is what Nolan did. As far as I can see. Purely speculation with what we can see in the media.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey Socal.....

I have an idea. How about we go after Cowher? ;)

Cowher!?!? BILL COHWER!?!? I HATE that guy!!!

NO. DEN should just stick it out with Nolan and MCD. Both can coach there units respectively and this team can get back to its winning ways.
At least the defense is respectable under Nolan. They are pushing opposing teams around and making it real difficult for opposing teams to just walk over DEN as long as the offense can stay on the field and make plays with their playmakers. As long as MCD can keep the offense honest, and not have constant 3 and outs, theres no need to worry about the defense, so theres no reason to hire that hair lip punk Cowher!

GEM
01-19-2010, 10:45 AM

NO. DEN should just stick it out with Nolan and MCD. Both can coach there units respectively and this team can get back to its winning ways.
At least the defense is respectable under Nolan. They are pushing opposing teams around and making it real difficult for opposing teams to just walk over DEN as long as the offense can stay on the field and make plays with their playmakers. As long as MCD can keep the offense honest, and not have constant 3 and outs, theres no need to worry about the defense, so theres no reason to hire that hair lip punk Cowher!

You do know that Nolan is no longer with the team, right? :confused:

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
You do know that Nolan is no longer with the team, right? :confused:

Nolan Ryan never played for the broncos. Duh!;)

pnbronco
01-19-2010, 10:52 AM

Great post coach. In hockey you sometimes "rent" a player. If you think you are going into the post season and need someone stronger here or there you trade after mid-season to get you over the hump. Players will do the same thing they will waive their no-waive clause to go to a team that has a chance going deep into the playoffs.

When I first heard about Nolan my first thought was of we were a rental. We were his stop for him to get back on his feet till he could go where he really wanted to. I was in SF when he got fired it was ugly and I mean ugly.

He did a great job and I'm so grateful that he was able to do as much as he did. I have no idea what their agreement was before last season started or what happened now, so I'm not going to assume anything. From everything I read he was not fired.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is all the anger. Since Jake played in the AFC game we are exactly .500 for the last 4 years.

So I wish Coach Nolan good luck. I will hope they can find a DC that has the skills to take our D to the next level. I will sit back and wait and see and work on my own life and let those that get paid to work on my favorite team.

red98
01-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I was pretty pissed yesterday but now I don't think it's a big deal.

McD and Nolan weren't on the same page since mid-season according to reports.

McD is going to get all the credit or all the blame for how this team does. (rightfully imo)

That being the case he sure as hell is going to have a DC that's on the same page as him.

If he's going to fail, he's going to at least have failed doing it his way.

I hate the drama and still have no faith in McD as the HC, but I understand why he made this move.

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 11:03 AM

or when they met it coulda went like this

mcd...nolan your defensive collapse which cost us the post
season is the reason i will from today forward take full controll of the defense..you will coach them up to my standards ...is that clear?

nolan...how can you blame the defense?...i improved it from 29th to 7th

mcd...if your defense coulda stopped somebody at the end i would have won....it would be me playing the colts not rex

nolan: my defense??? what about your horrible offense..thought you was a offensive genious....they sucked!!!

mcd: our offense sucked because cutler was a crybaby...marshall is a cancer...scheffler is a ball hog and not a team player...royal was a waste...and hillis couldnt convert that fullback dive into a wall of defenders, and the oline was absalutly terrible...thats why...if you dont like it...theres the door

nolan: speakin of doors...miami is lookin for a dc

mcd...you may go....that is all

pnbronco
01-19-2010, 11:04 AM

You know this doesn't surprise me because you have a older coach that was a head coach and got fired from his Head Coaching Job. As I posted above it was a ugly firing and the press was brutal out in the Bay Area. Then you have a young coach that is the Head man. I'm sure they both had their idea's of how things should be run and butted heads.

Like I said before I'm just going to wait and see. I have found in my life that when I get all spun up as I think things are happening I have a way of making them worse. Most of the time it worked itself out and I just made everyone around me crazy.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Great post coach. In hockey you sometimes "rent" a player. If you think you are going into the post season and need someone stronger here or there you trade after mid-season to get you over the hump. Players will do the same thing they will waive their no-waive clause to go to a team that has a chance going deep into the playoffs.

When I first heard about Nolan my first thought was of we were a rental. We were his stop for him to get back on his feet till he could go where he really wanted to. I was in SF when he got fired it was ugly and I mean ugly.

He did a great job and I'm so grateful that he was able to do as much as he did. I have no idea what their agreement was before last season started or what happened now, so I'm not going to assume anything. From everything I read he was not fired.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is all the anger. Since Jake played in the AFC game we are exactly .500 for the last 4 years.

So I wish Coach Nolan good luck. I will hope they can find a DC that has the skills to take our D to the next level. I will sit back and wait and see and work on my own life and let those that get paid to work on my favorite team.

A rental coach, not a chance in the world of that. I understand how the trade deadline works in the NHL and rental players, this it totally different. Hey kid I'll come coach your D for a year I have no other prospects because of how things went down in SF but I want out after a year so I can go to a team I like better? I think not.
You are right the Broncos are a .500 team for the past 4 years and Shanahan is gone because of that, so now we must accept this and never hope to get better... or we get rid of the players that produced on those .500 teams for what????

Edit comment was uncalled for and deleted.

Dirk
01-19-2010, 11:07 AM
or when they met it coulda went like this

mcd...nolan your defensive collapse which cost us the post
season is the reason i will from today forward take full controll of the defense..you will coach them up to my standards ...is that clear?

nolan...how can you blame the defense?...i improved it from 29th to 7th

mcd...if your defense coulda stopped somebody at the end i would have won....it would be me playing the colts not rex

nolan: my defense??? what about your horrible offense..thought you was a offensive genious....they sucked!!!

mcd: our offense sucked because cutler was a crybaby...marshall is a cancer...scheffler is a ball hog and not a team player...royal was a waste...and hillis couldnt convert that fullback dive into a wall of defenders, and the oline was absalutly terrible...thats why...if you dont like it...theres the door

nolan: speakin of doors...miami is lookin for a dc

mcd...you may go....that is all

That was funny! a :salute: goes out to you for the great post! Plus, it could be closer than any of us know. ;)

frauschieze
01-19-2010, 11:12 AM

LMAO! Thanks. I needed that.

JONtheBRONCO
01-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Sucks to see Nolan go, but its not the end of the world. Josh obviously has some issues but this isn't going to make or break the Broncos 2010 season.

weazel
01-19-2010, 11:32 AM
saying it here isn't going to do anything. stuff the Broncos email accounts with disapproval if you want something done.

Nomad
01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
saying it here isn't going to do anything. stuff the Broncos email accounts with disapproval if you want something done.

Where do you find Dove Valley's email accounts???

Ravage!!!
01-19-2010, 12:01 PM

Great post! :beer:

DenBronx
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Bring in Cowher.

if bowlen were smart he would.

Gimpygod
01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Cutler was a baby way before Shanahan was even fired!!

I call BS. Guy played his entire rookie season with a life-threatening illness, losing 35 pounds and still never quitting. He's got hard and they never quit attitude. Except when it comes to dealing with Mc douche... which brings me to a new slogan, "type 1 diabetes... at least it's not McDaniels."

Gimpygod
01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
WTF are people blaming McD for everything that happens to this franchise?

As far as I'm mad Nolan is gone (such as Dennison & Turner), why blaming McD??? Do you know who took the decision? McD? Nolan? Both? Just keep in mind Nolan is a former HC and may be he wants other challenges (even as a DC btw).

Dennison & Turner didn't leave because of McD, but because they were offered better jobs by Shanny & Kuby... May be that's a better reason than to leave because of McD.

I'm not here to defend McD, but to keep thing honest... I didn't like everything our HC has done last year or will do the next years, but he is the man in charge and he also did some good things too... After all, he signed Nolan, didn't he?

Let's see what will happen to this franchise but it's really clear we are on rebuilding mode... Like it or not... We'll have a complete new staff and a new direction IMO... Forget Shanny's time and spirit...
Good or bad, I don't know... But I know we'll have 1 or 2 year of "so so" football here again... The main thing is the see if we'll be in a right way or not... But don't expect us to be SB contender within 2 years... We had too many issues to solve to expect more...

I'm not solved on McD, but he still has a chance in my opinion... Hope he'll do a good job... If not... I wouldn't mind if he gets fired ;)

Peace.

You are that nice neighbor who lives next to the serial killer aren't you? When the press interviews you after they find 23 bodies you say things like, "he seemed like a good neighbor. He was quiet, except for that shoveling every night, and he always kept up his yard. Although when I think about it he said it was a really rare type of fertilizer. And he always waved hello to the kids every single morning, and strangely licked his lips like he was thinking of pork chops or something. No, he was a regular guy and I did not see this coming!"

dogfish
01-19-2010, 01:17 PM
My positive is that this is the worst thing that could have happened this offseason, at least its already over.

wrong-- if we try to keep dumervil with the high tender, i think there's a pretty good chance somebody with low draft picks will sign him to an offer sheet. . . and losing him would be WAAAAY worse than losing nolan. . .

:facepalm:

it probably depends on how well nolan likes the staff in miami, and whether parcells is committed to keeping them. . . if he's not, there's a chance nolan could go after nunnelly or martindale. . .

assuming that nolan really lands in miami, obviously-- which i am at this point. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2010, 01:20 PM

I totally understand what you are saying here. Nolen has been the DC for 5 different teams, including the Broncos. His next team will make 6.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Nolan

defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens, New York Jets, Washington Redskins, New York Giants and Denver Broncos.

Also:

Nolan's tenure in San Francisco will be remembered more for his wardrobe choices, though, than for producing standout defenses. Nolan wished to wear a suit on the sidelines, a violation of league rules that coaches wear only Reebok gear. Because of Nolan, the rule was changed.

Meanwhile, his defenses struggled. In 2005, his first season, the 49ers were dead last in total defense. The team improved to 26th in 2006 and 25th in 2007.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11439140

Thnikkaman
01-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow, you guys sound like McDaniels is a Meth Addict, and Marshal just got arrested for soliciting a transvestite prostitute on Colfax.

"OMG JMCD is tearing this franchise apart"

Nolan was great with helping our team get a Defense that was 20th in the league in points allowed.

What's next? A good short friend of mine reminded me of a couple of teams that are coaching carousels right now, and 5 coaches later, they all still suck. WTF do you think this is, Madden? Hey, lets make a really lopsided trade. I'll just trade Burger and Ayers to Indy for Manning.

Jesus, if this is how you guys are acting about entertainment, I hate to see what you do in a real life crisis.

Chaz, thank you for continuing to have a level head about this, and not following the popular Chicken Little trend.

broncobro4
01-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm new here but this is the last straw.... McDaniels can't get along with ANYBODY!!!! Period!!!!!!!!... He is poisoning a once proud franchise... This team was in position to take hold of the AFC West for the next Three years... Now he has come in to Denver and is destroying it.... Please don't compare this BOY cause that is what he is a BOY...to the great coach Shanahan. McDaniels is a first year coach who has nothing to show but an 8-8 record PERIOD!!! He is no genius!!! He is a KID who needs to learn how to get along with other people... WE NEED to HIRE JON GURDEN quickly before we go down to the level of Detroit!!! The line is still in tact to ZB.. He needs a QB what we had....but now need to find again.....PLEASE Mr. Bowlen get rid of this Cancer!!!! Before B Marsh Doom and probably Champ leaves.... The only thing McDaniels coaches good is a QB... His success was on the shoulders of a guy Called TOM BRADY. not his system!!!

He needs to be understanding in order to gain knowledge!!!!! Instead its his way or no way.. Look at the Great Coach Belichick he is understand adobts to situations he had 3 SUPER RING'S!!!! He might have came from his system but he is not bringing it to DENVER.. KC is going to fair better than WE are.. WEIS and ROMEO... Need i say more...

Northman
01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
He was under contract we didnt have to do anything.

Even then i would of offered the man more money if that was what he was looking for. I would of done that just out of respect and a desire to keep him.

Nomad
01-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Even then i would of offered the man more money if that was what he was looking for. I would of done that just out of respect and a desire to keep him.

That's where Bowlen steps in....true??

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Wow, you guys sound like McDaniels is a Meth Addict, and Marshal just got arrested for soliciting a transvestite prostitute on Colfax.

"OMG JMCD is tearing this franchise apart"

Nolan was great with helping our team get a Defense that was 20th in the league in points allowed.

What's next? A good short friend of mine reminded me of a couple of teams that are coaching carousels right now, and 5 coaches later, they all still suck. WTF do you think this is, Madden? Hey, lets make a really lopsided trade. I'll just trade Burger and Ayers to Indy for Manning.

Jesus, if this is how you guys are acting about entertainment, I hate to see what you do in a real life crisis.

Chaz, thank you for continuing to have a level head about this, and not following the popular Chicken Little trend.

before you critique posters ...maybe you ought to finalize your stats

for the record nolan improved the scoreing defense from..30th..to 12th, not 20th

so show me another team that had anywhere near the bad defense we had...had a new dc come in...adapt the team to a completely differant scheme, raise the defensive rankings from

...........................08..................... .09
total D.................29th....................7th
pass defe..............26th....................3rd
scoreing................30th....................12 th
sacks....................26th....................1 0th
ints.......................26th..6................ 13th...17
forced fum..............31st....................10th

so forgive us if we are a little concerned that we had a great dc ...who in one season completly turned this piss poor defnse around..all the while changing not only most of the players but the complete scheme..only to see our Hc let him just walk away

Gimpygod
01-19-2010, 01:46 PM
I agree in part North.

Denver will never get to the Raiders level no matter what happens. Just isn't going to happen. Al would have to buy the Broncos for that to happen.

I too wanted Nolan to stay. He was the highlight of McD's hirings last year.

I am not hanging off of Josh's jock, I am just looking for reasoning here. But if Josh wouldn't allow Miami to talk to Nolan because he wanted to keep him, it could have cause friction between the two. And you know that friction between coaches is much worse because it trickles down through all the players.

For whatever reason the two have gone separate ways, let's just hope that McD can find someone to replace him that is up to the task.

The very simple and logical thing here, and there's definitely a pattern, is that his friend became available so Mike Nolan had to go. Just like Leach, just like Cutler and the names go on. Think of how many people McDaniels had to crush so Gaffney could be the number one wide receiver here. Astonishing really.

T.K.O.
01-19-2010, 01:47 PM
He needs to be understanding in order to gain knowledge!!!!! Instead its his way or no way.. Look at the Great Coach Belichick he is understand adobts to situations he had 3 SUPER RING'S!!!! He might have came from his system but he is not bringing it to DENVER.. KC is going to fair better than WE are.. WEIS and ROMEO... Need i say more...

uhhhh.....no you need no say more..:confused:
i heard the same thing last year.(in english )...the chiefs and raiders are gonna be better than us.....booo hooo.
was'nt true then,is'nt true now !

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 01:50 PM
The very simple and logical thing here, and there's definitely a pattern, is that his friend became available so Mike Nolan had to go. Just like Leach, just like Cutler and the names go on. Think of how many people McDaniels had to crush so Gaffney could be the number one wide receiver here. Astonishing really.

saddly this seems to be a true trait of his..

do whatever it takes..even if it makes no business, football or logical sense to do so ...to bring in your friends

Northman
01-19-2010, 01:53 PM

For the greater good, the common denomiator.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/7/28/633843813416251630-forthegreatergood.jpg

broncobro4
01-19-2010, 01:54 PM
The signs are there he can't get along with people!!!.... He is not understanding!!!! stop the Kool Aid is bad...stop don't drink... Well i guess its too late he has poisoned another DENVER BRONCOS Fan......McDaniels NEEDS TO GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Gimpygod
01-19-2010, 01:54 PM

Wait a minute! Wait a freaking minute! Now players And talent matter?! Holy crap dude you just blew my mind!!! Every time we got rid of a player you explicitly said that players don't matter because this is a team sport and stated over and over again the merits of coaching over ability. Now you change? Just to fit the situation or have you actually shifted your philosophy? If so can we now talk about how bad it was to get rid of a young Pro bowl quarterback, one of the best wide receivers in the NFL if not history, sorely underutilized great talent that was here for washed up wannabes from New England? We could have all new discussions now that you have come to your senses and agree that talent does indeed have something to do with NFL success:welcome:

Northman
01-19-2010, 01:58 PM
That's where Bowlen steps in....true??

Yes, but i believe Bowlen would need a vote of confidence from his HC. It doesnt sound like he had anything close to that. :lol:

NightTrainLayne
01-19-2010, 02:18 PM

for the record nolan improved the scoreing defense from..30th..to 12th, not 20th

so show me another team that had anywhere near the bad defense we had...had a new dc come in...adapt the team to a completely differant scheme, raise the defensive rankings from

so forgive us if we are a little concerned that we had a great dc ...who in one season completly turned this piss poor defnse around..all the while changing not only most of the players but the complete scheme..only to see our Hc let him just walk away

I think Thnikka was referring to a stat published somewhere (I can't remember where) that in the last 10 games, where we went 2-8, that our defense was 20th in scoring.

The first 6 games where we hardly gave up any points skews the numbers from the last 10 games where we did give up a bunch of points. In the last 10 games we were certainly not the #12 team in scoring defense.

T.K.O.
01-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I think Thnikka was referring to a stat published somewhere (I can't remember where) that in the last 10 games, where we went 2-8, that our defense was 20th in scoring.

The first 6 games where we hardly gave up any points skews the numbers from the last 10 games where we did give up a bunch of points. In the last 10 games we were certainly not the #12 team in scoring defense.

we let jamarcus russell lead a game winning drive with the season on the line.....i say fire the lot of em' !;)

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 02:34 PM
we let jamarcus russell lead a game winning drive with the season on the line.....i say fire the lot of em' !;)

Pretty sure that one is on the coach. If he really didn't agree with Nolan's calling in that game or situation he can take over it.

ursamajor
01-19-2010, 02:45 PM

Guess it is a good thing that Romeo Crennel is already in KC

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 02:52 PM
I wonder if McD would love to take the HC job in KC and join the rest of the NE crew there

Gimpygod
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM

TIA, Nostradamus

I can tell you who won't, Detroit, the Raiders, and the Broncos. Do you truly believe Josh McDaniel's every move has improved his team?

Gimpygod
01-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I agree completely. And hence the reason I said we can't put the blame completely on McD.

His track record up to this point is one of my way or the highway. That is for sure. But I think most of us have worked for bosses that we didn't like, but we do our job...until we get an opportunity to go somewhere else. Which is what Nolan did. As far as I can see. Purely speculation with what we can see in the media.

So you're saying it's not McDaniel's fault because he can't help being an a**-hole? Seriously, that is what you are saying. If people are leaving fire trails because they can't get out of Denver quick enough there is a problem. That problem is McDaniels attitude and inability to work with others. If opportunities arise to get out of underneath an autocratic dipstick then why not go? Also I think the immediate job opportunity for Mike Nolan speaks more about his ability, that we have now successfully squandered, then whether he forced his way out. Lateral moves from a successful situation, he turned the defense around dramatically,to an unknown are rarely ever voluntary.

Gimpygod
01-19-2010, 03:18 PM

If you want to get into the numbers and see what's really going on, check out the offense during that same 10 game span. Time of possession, yards per game, scoring, third-down conversions everything went down the toilet. This left the defense on the field way too much and allowed opposing offenses to dictate tempo. The failure of the defense is a direct result of the failure of the offense.

T.K.O.
01-19-2010, 03:25 PM
time of possesion,3rd down conv,scoring all drop when the defense cant get the other team off the field. so i think your talking chicken or the egg here.
i blame both sides....and myself.:mad:

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM

to bad for us then the season didnt end 6 weeks...as it is the season is 16 games

you must also consider every defense needs the offesne to sustain drives, take the pressure of off them by scoreing

in just the last four games alone the offense had 17, three n outs...and five drives stalled by orton ints..theres a total of 31 drives of 6 plays or less that give the defense a brief minute or two to rest..in just the last four games alone

yeah id kinda wear out to

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 03:59 PM
time of possesion,3rd down conv,scoring all drop when the defense cant get the other team off the field. so i think your talking chicken or the egg here.
i blame both sides....and myself.:mad:

they can also go the other way when the offense has 17 three an outs in the last 4 games alone

Lonestar
01-19-2010, 04:32 PM

Y'all were ok with mike hiring his lackeys, yet lambast Josh for getting coaches and players that fit his scheme.

When was the last time mike was crucified for drafting OLINE and RBs in the 5-7 rounds. They were his style of players.

He was allowed to put out a medicore product for a bunch of years after he won BTB but did not so great since. How many playoff wins?

How many playoff ass kickings?

I'm willing to give him the same chances that mike got. In fact more since he was dealing with ME and I leftovers. And not much oyher talent and abosolutely NO backups worth a crap.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 04:39 PM
I cant figure out why I'm still amazed that EVERYTHING is blamed on McD. No doubt he has to asume part of the blame for things...but for EVERY single tragedy in the world? Amazing

elsid13
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM

Pees is more then Belicheat "yes man". He is a close friend of McDaniels' father and recruited McDaniels's brother to Kent state. From the Boston Globe.

"The connection between the families of the two goes significantly further back than that. Pees and McDaniels' father, the legendary Ohio high school coach Thom, have known each other for a long time, and at one point, Pees try to hire Thom McDaniels to his staff at Kent State.

Instead, Pees simply got his son. Not Josh, but Ben, the little brother who Pees planned to start at quarterback at Kent before some guy named Josh Cribbs came along. Ben McDaniels, by the way, is now a Denver assistant as well.

Finally, both Pees and Josh McDaniels wound up with Bill Belichick at the recommendation of Nick Saban, each man having coached with him at Michigan State"

www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/01/pees_to_denver.html

claymore
01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Pees is more then Belicheat "yes man". He is a close friend of McDaniels' father and recruited McDaniels's brother to Kent state. From the Boston Globe.

"The connection between the families of the two goes significantly further back than that. Pees and McDaniels' father, the legendary Ohio high school coach Thom, have known each other for a long time, and at one point, Pees try to hire Thom McDaniels to his staff at Kent State.

Instead, Pees simply got his son. Not Josh, but Ben, the little brother who Pees planned to start at quarterback at Kent before some guy named Josh Cribbs came along. Ben McDaniels, by the way, is now a Denver assistant as well.

Finally, both Pees and Josh McDaniels wound up with Bill Belichick at the recommendation of Nick Saban, each man having coached with him at Michigan State"

www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/01/pees_to_denver.html

That somehow made things worse for me.

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 06:18 PM

wiki says pees is already our DC

Findlay (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/University_of_Findlay)
(Defensive Coordinator)
(Secondary Coach)
Miami (Ohio) (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/Miami_University)
(Defensive Coordinator)
(Secondary Coach)
Navy (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/United_States_Naval_Academy)
(Secondary Coach)
Toledo (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/University_of_Toledo)
(Defensive Coordinator)
Notre Dame (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/University_of_Notre_Dame)
(Secondary Coach)
Michigan State (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/Michigan_State_University)
(Defensive Coordinator)
(Inside Linebackers Coach)
Kent State (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/Kent_State_University)
(Head Coach)
New England Patriots (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/New_England_Patriots)
(Linebackers Coach)
(Defensive Coordinator)
Denver Broncos (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/Denver_Broncos)
(Defensive Coordinator

spikerman
01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
I wonder if McD would love to take the HC job in KC and join the rest of the NE crew there

If anyone sees him, let him know that I'm available to help him pack.

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 06:23 PM
If anyone sees him, let him know that I'm available to help him pack.

i got a pickup and trailor...i'd be happy to haul his big head over there

Ravage!!!
01-19-2010, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=elsid13;886521]Pees is more then Belicheat "yes man". He is a close friend of McDaniels' father and recruited McDaniels's brother to Kent state. From the Boston Globe.

wiki says pees is already our DC

Findlay (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/University_of_Findlay)
(Defensive Coordinator)
(Secondary Coach)
Miami (Ohio) (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/Miami_University)
(Defensive Coordinator)
(Secondary Coach)
Navy (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/United_States_Naval_Academy)
(Secondary Coach)
Toledo (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/University_of_Toledo)
(Defensive Coordinator)
Notre Dame (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/University_of_Notre_Dame)
(Secondary Coach)
Michigan State (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/Michigan_State_University)
(Defensive Coordinator)
(Inside Linebackers Coach)
Kent State (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/Kent_State_University)
(Head Coach)
(Linebackers Coach)
(Defensive Coordinator)
Denver Broncos (http://www.broncosforums.com/wiki/Denver_Broncos)
(Defensive Coordinator

*laughs*.. isn't that like the Kennedy Assasination? Timelines were all messed up in some of the media reports of the shooting across seas? Seems someone knew about this before its been announced!! :lol:

frenchfan
01-20-2010, 02:34 AM
You are that nice neighbor who lives next to the serial killer aren't you? When the press interviews you after they find 23 bodies you say things like, "he seemed like a good neighbor. He was quiet, except for that shoveling every night, and he always kept up his yard. Although when I think about it he said it was a really rare type of fertilizer. And he always waved hello to the kids every single morning, and strangely licked his lips like he was thinking of pork chops or something. No, he was a regular guy and I did not see this coming!"Hummm... And so? What is your point regarding of my post? :confused:
If you want to discuss it, I've no problem but I really don't see what you bring in this debate with this answer...

Comparing McD to a serial killer is really pathetic... and not appropriate IMO...
After all, he's done the same as Shanny (a future HOF coach) : 8-8, while facing a very brutal schedule...
Do I have to remind you how people picked the Broncos before the season? 4-12 at best??? So he was 4 games better than the "concensus"... At Wall Street, I guess it would have been a very good news...

Like I said, I'm not here to defend McD, but I think It's stupid to put all the blame on him... I didn't say I liked everything he has done or that he is God... no... So what? read again my post and try to comment it when you disagree... You absolutely have the right to be pissed off by McD, but I think you should base this on facts... Did he fire Nolan? Do you know what happen at Dove Valley?

Am I pissed that Nolan is gone? Yeah... and so what... May be we'll find a good DC anyway... Was I pissed Jay was gone? Sure... But we survived anyway and ask Bears fans if they are so pleased after all...
We are rebuilding a team... ;)
I'm fed up to be around 8-8 every year... So, if I have a deal that means we'll have a few tough seasons before having a real chance to win the SB, I'd take it... That's all... IMO, it would be worse to fire McD after 1 or 2 seasons than to give him a chance... because that would mean another change in the rebuilding mode... That's of course my opinion and you may disagree with it...

Now, to answer to your post in the same way, first, may be you are the awful neighbour who live in fear of everything, totally paranoid, ready to shot on everything as soon as there is a noise?
Last, you totally missed the point... I AM THE SERIAL KILLER WHO LIVE NEAR YOU ;) :laugh:

:defense:

dogfish
01-20-2010, 03:26 AM

great. . . all that and five bucks will buy a decent pint at any bar in denver. . . .

Lonestar
01-20-2010, 05:12 AM

yep great stats but you failed to mention even though we were great in Pass defense for the most part NON ONE had to pass when they could run at WILL.. we were 26th in that category .

he wanted to work in MIA would you expect to keep him here under duress. how good of motivation would he'd had? he would have been gone next year as he only had a two year contract coming in.

good try to scam the actually stats.

DEN has always been great at one type of D run or pass rarely have we been good (top 10) in both.. not being able to stop a RB, is the same or worse than having a lousy pass defense. at least when they are passing the incomplete pass at least stops the clock.

Nomad
01-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Hummm... And so? What is your point regarding of my post? :confused:
If you want to discuss it, I've no problem but I really don't see what you bring in this debate with this answer...

Comparing McD to a serial killer is really pathetic... and not appropriate IMO...
After all, he's done the same as Shanny (a future HOF coach) : 8-8, while facing a very brutal schedule...
Do I have to remind you how people picked the Broncos before the season? 4-12 at best??? So he was 4 games better than the "concensus"... At Wall Street, I guess it would have been a very good news...

Like I said, I'm not here to defend McD, but I think It's stupid to put all the blame on him... I didn't say I liked everything he has done or that he is God... no... So what? read again my post and try to comment it when you disagree... You absolutely have the right to be pissed off by McD, but I think you should base this on facts... Did he fire Nolan? Do you know what happen at Dove Valley?

Am I pissed that Nolan is gone? Yeah... and so what... May be we'll find a good DC anyway... Was I pissed Jay was gone? Sure... But we survived anyway and ask Bears fans if they are so pleased after all...
We are rebuilding a team... ;)
I'm fed up to be around 8-8 every year... So, if I have a deal that means we'll have a few tough seasons before having a real chance to win the SB, I'd take it... That's all... IMO, it would be worse to fire McD after 1 or 2 seasons than to give him a chance... because that would mean another change in the rebuilding mode... That's of course my opinion and you may disagree with it...

Now, to answer to your post in the same way, first, may be you are the awful neighbour who live in fear of everything, totally paranoid, ready to shot on everything as soon as there is a noise?
Last, you totally missed the point... I AM THE SERIAL KILLER WHO LIVE NEAR YOU ;) :laugh:

:defense:

frenchy, is there a reward out for you?? If so what's France's Most Wanted Hotline:D!!!

I wasn't pissed when Cutler left but I liked your post!!!

frenchfan
01-20-2010, 09:59 AM
frenchy, is there a reward out for you?? If so what's France's Most Wanted Hotline:D!!!

I wasn't pissed when Cutler left but I liked your post!!!:beer: Thanks...

I guess some beer and some bisous from girlies would be a great reward enough ;) :D

Hey... You have the right of not being pissed when Cutler left... ;)
I think he has a better potential than Orton but I'm not really sure if he will reach it... For now, I think Kyle is a decent option (if we don't put too much money on him though... I'd be mad if we give him a huge contract)... Like McD, I will judge later... Right now, I think we should work on the lines, continue to reinforce our D and certainly think about a WR... But again, that's my opinion... I'm far away from being a football coach ;)

:salute:

LordTrychon
01-20-2010, 11:12 AM
*laughs*.. isn't that like the Kennedy Assasination? Timelines were all messed up in some of the media reports of the shooting across seas? Seems someone knew about this before its been announced!! :lol:

And the first thing they thought to do was update Wiki!

Conspirators are so thoughtful.

arapaho2
01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
yep great stats but you failed to mention even though we were great in Pass defense for the most part NON ONE had to pass when they could run at WILL.. we were 26th in that category .

he wanted to work in MIA would you expect to keep him here under duress. how good of motivation would he'd had? he would have been gone next year as he only had a two year contract coming in.

good try to scam the actually stats.

DEN has always been great at one type of D run or pass rarely have we been good (top 10) in both.. not being able to stop a RB, is the same or worse than having a lousy pass defense. at least when they are passing the incomplete pass at least stops the clock.

wheres the scam?? THOSE ARE ACTUAL STATS

by the way i didnt put in the rush defense in because its a near wash

2008....27th.........2009 26th..well actually nolan improved that also

so it seems that while teams as you said didnt have to pass cuase they could run...it didnt help sway the passing stats last year...werent we like 26th...so its a huge FAIL on your part....nice try though

but no matter how you faintly try to spin it..when you add every common defensive stat ..we went from 29th to 7th...and in my eyes thats a unheard of one year jump of 22 positions