PDA

View Full Version : Mike Nolan gone???!!!!

titan
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Saw this tweet just now from Jay Glazer:

Jay_Glazer
3:53pm, Jan 18 from txt
i am reporting another shocker, mike nolan and josh mcdaniels have decided to "mutually part ways" in denver

dogfish
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
no. . .

no!

PLEASE tell me you're just messin' around. . . .

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
If this happens, Ill be watching for mass riots among Bronco fans.

SOCALORADO.
01-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Saw this tweet just now from Jay Glazer:

Jay_Glazer
3:53pm, Jan 18 from txt
i am reporting another shocker, mike nolan and josh mcdaniels have decided to "mutually part ways" in denver

Dude...........please, if your messin, its not cool.

Chris90210
01-18-2010, 06:01 PM
god dammit

titan
01-18-2010, 06:02 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Glazer-Denver-Broncos-Mike-Nolan-parting-ways-011810

Glazer: D-coordinator to 'part ways' with Broncos
Jay Glazer
Senior NFL Writer Jay Glazer is one of the NFL's top insiders. He provides breaking news, columns and video content to FOXSports.com, and he also appears on TV every week as part of the FOX NFL Sunday team.

Updated Jan 18, 2010 5:54 PM ET
On a day when a shocking candidate emerged in Buffalo, a move just as shocking has occurred across the country in Denver.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan have “mutually decided” to part ways.

The Broncos defense was 29th the year before McDaniels and Nolan arrived in Denver. Under Nolan’s coaching, the unit shot all the way up and finished 7th. However, for most of the season the Denver defense was actually ranked in the top 3 of most defensive categories.

It’s unknown why the two decided to part ways but Nolan now becomes the hottest defensive coaching candidate on the open market. Teams that need coordinators include the Dolphins, Bills and Bears.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Glazer-Denver-Broncos-Mike-Nolan-parting-ways-011810

Updated Jan 18, 2010 5:54 PM ET
On a day when a shocking candidate emerged in Buffalo, a move just as shocking has occurred across the country in Denver.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan have “mutually decided” to part ways.

The Broncos defense was 29th the year before McDaniels and Nolan arrived in Denver. Under Nolan’s coaching, the unit shot all the way up and finished 7th. However, for most of the season the Denver defense was actually ranked in the top 3 of most defensive categories.

It’s unknown why the two decided to part ways but Nolan now becomes the hottest defensive coaching candidate on the open market. Teams that need coordinators include the Dolphins, Bills and Bears.

MasterShake
01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
You have officially chased out all of our talent, young McDaniels.

Well played.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/fd25f883a01ac653549198c332fcfee5759.gif

camdisco24
01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
WHAT!?!?!
Oh my goodness... I hope this is a (false) rumor...

Denver Native (Carol)
Just called FM104.3the fan - they said they have heard about this, but are not sure if there is anything to it or not.

dogfish
$^%^&&**%*()_(%#!!!!111!!!!111!!!!!

FML

:mad:

:frusty:

WTF is happening to our organization??

Chris90210
01-18-2010, 06:07 PM
$^%^&&**%*()_(%#!!!!111!!!!111!!!!!

FML

:mad:

:frusty:

WTF is happening to our organization??

McD is drunk and behind the wheel

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Just called FM104.3the fan - they said they have heard about this, but are not sure if there is anything to it or not.

I wouldn't trust anything they said anyways. Glazier is another story. If he's reporting it, it's probably true.

gnomeflinger
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I sure hope McD has seen some sort of heavenly vision that he can't tell the world about. If Nolan really is gone, this is just another AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! thing that McD has done - in less than ONE FREAKING YEAR!

:banghead:

camdisco24
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
If this is another case of McD not getting along with someone I going to be seriously pissed. I really really really hope Coach hasnt screwed up again... I've tried so hard to support him all year, but if this is in fact, true.... I will blow a fuse.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
They are talking about it now on FM104.3 the fan - just discussing, nothing confirmed.

dogfish
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
If this is another case of McD not getting along with someone I going to be seriously pissed. I really really really hope Coach hasnt screwed up again... I've tried so hard to support him all year, but if this is in fact, true.... I will blow a fuse.

no shit!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
There is the possibility that some NFL head coaches could be fired - is it a possibility that Nolen is being considered for a NFL head coach position somewhere?????????????

CraigHwk
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Denver Post is reporting that Nolan has resigned. He's gone.

dogfish
01-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan resigned after meeting Monday with head coach Josh McDaniels.

“”I can’t say anything other than Josh and I mutually agreed to part ways,” Nolan said.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/18/nolan-leaves/

**** me gently with a chainsaw! dove valley is a gat damn circus! you ****ers are supposed to be professionals-- you've got the keys to a half a billion dollar car, get it together fer ****s sakes!

topscribe
01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm getting so sick and tired of this ongoing soap opera . . . :tsk:

-----

titan
01-18-2010, 06:23 PM
McDaniels, Pees could be reuniting
Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2010 6:13 PM ET
As we process the surprising news that Mike Nolan has left the Broncos after one successful season, the most obvious candidate to replace him is former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees.

Pees left the Patriots after the 2009 season, when his contract expired. There are differing accounts as to whether he left by choice.

Pees and McDaniels spent five years together in New England. During 2007's 18-0 start that ended with a loud thud, McDaniels ran the offense and Pees ran the defense.

If Pees goes to Denver, two sets of former Patriots coordinators would be inhabiting the AFC West; earlier this month, former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis and former defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel joined the Chiefs.

Buff
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I just heard that McDaniels will also be punting and playing QB next year.

Jaws
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Bl00dy hell!!!

topscribe
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
So, on the surface, it looks as if Nolan is given the boot for a buddy?

-----

titan
01-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm about ready to jump off the McDaniels bandwagon. I've said from day 1 give him a chance and I supported him through the Cutler fiasco. But who is the common denominator between the disputes with Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler, the Goodmans, Bobby Turner, Dennison, and now Mike Nolan? Josh McDaniels! I'm beginning to suspect he just doesn't play well with others!

Bring in Elway as GM to clean up this mess!

Jaws
NePATism is rife.

SR
Wow. I'd like to know why Nolan resigned.

dogfish
01-18-2010, 06:28 PM

his brother's going to be the new DC. . .

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow. I'd like to know why Nolan resigned.

I'm pretty sure that the crucifying will be done long before the facts come out.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
You have to be kidding me

yardog
01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Mike Nolan gone???!!!!

:tsk:

jrelway
01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
unbelievable.

SR
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that the crucifying will be done long before the facts come out.

Unlike a lot of the people here, I won't crucify anyone until the facts to come out. So many people are so quick to blame McD right off the bat, but obviously there are some underlying circumstances that the public is unaware of.

rationalfan
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
funny. it's amusing how people assume it's all mcd's fault. wait for more of the story before loading your "i hate mcd" gun with new ammunition.

titan
01-18-2010, 06:35 PM
5 defensive coordinators in 5 years?? Coyer 06, Bates 07, Slowik 08, Nolan 09, who will the lucky bronco defensive coordinator be in 2010

How can you build any kind of defense changing coordinators every year?!!!

Skinny
01-18-2010, 06:37 PM
What's done is done. Hopefully we can get someone in here who is just as good if not better. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. As a fan that's about all i can do.

I will take a positive from this though, during Nolan's breif but stellar tenure here, and say the roots for our 3-4 have already been laid IMO. I don't see that aspect of it changing much. We know what we have, who can do what, what we need to improve on, and the players know their roles. The coaches and players are all professionals and this incident should'nt deter us from continuing to build on that. Fight on.

Broncolingus
01-18-2010, 06:37 PM
If it is another ‘personality conflict,’ I too am going to be disappointed…Nolan did a fantastic job with the defense this year considering the unit he inherited….and, there may be more than this than any of us know.

But, at face value, and if McD did this to simply bring in a ‘buddy,’ particularly after the job Nolan did this year, then as a fan, dude (McD) better be GD sure that defense finishes in the top 10 next year and only gets better. As a man, I don’t care WTF skippy might bring to the table, Mike Nolan sure as shit earned better than that – again, if the only reason for this change was to bring in a ‘buddy.’

Lost is all of this is other than the interior of the defensive line, I didn’t see much that was urgent need there.

Top coaching problem this offseason methinks is more regarding the GD offense – specifically, solving the (now) annual problems of not scoring TDs in the ******* red zone, playing physical for a season, and developing some type of killer instinct to beat and crush shit-hole teams like, oh I don’t know, the Redskins and Raiders, so you can win a Division and play in January.

BL, this isn’t initially registering well on my common sense-o-meter, granted I'm not in the clubhouse, but regardless, McD is really putting his dick on the block with this move…

JMO…

titan
01-18-2010, 06:42 PM
koa radio on word from the broncos:

coach mcdaniels has the upmost respect for mike nolan. McD won't make any comments right now - he will issue a press release

dave logan:

mcdaniels had an exit interview with mike nolan and a difference of opinion may have come up. can't speculate now whose idea this was (mcd or nolan). from a pr standpoint when you struggle down the stretch (going 2-8) the last thing you want to happen now is something like this

rationalfan
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
some here won't want to read this, but regardless of how well nolan did (and, really, I'm not sure how well he did the second half of the year - how do you not stop jamarcus russell?) it's important to have all the coaches on the same page. if there was a schism between mcd and nolan, it's best to have one leave rather serve the conflict potential during the next season.

and, well all know mcd isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

a different tangent: i'm listening to a stream of 1510 the score, it's funny how the radio guys are ripping on mcd (even as they admit not knowing the entire story). also, some "fan" called in and said he's getting rid of his tickets because of this. ridiculous. people overreacting when an 8-8 team makes changes.

Medford Bronco
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I Just dont hope he brings in Dean Pees :scared:

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Seems thats all we ever do... wait for a press conference, and not blame McD. Its really really a pattern.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 06:44 PM

I'll make you a 100.00 bet, thats who comes in.

Medford Bronco
01-18-2010, 06:48 PM
What's done is done. Hopefully we can get someone in here who is just as good if not better. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. As a fan that's about all i can do.

I will take a positive from this though, during Nolan's breif but stellar tenure here, and say the roots for our 3-4 have already been laid IMO. I don't see that aspect of it changing much. We know what we have, who can do what, what we need to improve on, and the players know their roles. The coaches and players are all professionals and this incident should'nt deter us from continuing to build on that. Fight on.

I think more talent is needed on both sides of the ball.

however seeing Pees up close in boston, he was not aggressive at all. I hope its not him.... although he is better than sLOWBRAIN lol

Ravage!!!
some here won't want to read this, but regardless of how well nolan did (and, really, I'm not sure how well he did the second half of the year - how do you not stop jamarcus russell?) it's important to have all the coaches on the same page. if there was a schism between mcd and nolan, it's best to have one leave rather serve the conflict potential during the next season.

and, well all know mcd isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

a different tangent: i'm listening to a stream of 1510 the score, it's funny how the radio guys are ripping on mcd (even as they admit not knowing the entire story). also, some "fan" called in and said he's getting rid of his tickets because of this. ridiculous. people overreacting when an 8-8 team makes changes.

I'm confused. If its yet ANOTHER personality problem.... and all season long one of the BIGGEST compliments McD got, was bringing in Nolan. Yet, we are supposed to accept that its (again) not McD.... but the OTHER person.. .and McD is going to be here for a while???

THE ONLY good thing about this team, this season, was the CHANGES we made to the defense last year. Now we are supposed to simply say "well, changes needed to be made."

Medford Bronco
I'll make you a 100.00 bet, thats who comes in.

more like a 00.0000000000000000001 bet for the unemployed person that is med:laugh:

broken12
01-18-2010, 06:49 PM
cmon everyone, you shouldnt be suprised, mcd is a rookie head coach, he's doing fine!

broncofaninfla
01-18-2010, 06:50 PM
There is one common denominator in all of the BS that is going on wit the Broncos and it is Mcd. Amazing, since Mcd took over everybody seems to want out. I'm so sick of the drama and BS this kid has brought to this organization. We just lost one of the most valuable acquisitions this franchise has made in quite some time. Broncos fans PRAY Pees isn't brought in to replace Nolan with, he sucks and is out of a job for a reason. Also pray that Mcd doesn't trade away our number one pick in next next years draft because odds are it will be a top 5 pick. I'm so sick of this sh*t........

turftoad
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM

McDaniels, Pees could be reuniting
Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2010 6:13 PM ET
As we process the surprising news that Mike Nolan has left the Broncos after one successful season, the most obvious candidate to replace him is former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees.

Pees left the Patriots after the 2009 season, when his contract expired. There are differing accounts as to whether he left by choice.

Pees and McDaniels spent five years together in New England. During 2007's 18-0 start that ended with a loud thud, McDaniels ran the offense and Pees ran the defense.

If Pees goes to Denver, two sets of former Patriots coordinators would be inhabiting the AFC West; earlier this month, former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis and former defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel joined the Chiefs.

SM19
01-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Does not play well with others.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 06:55 PM
if McD would have been on his toes, he could have atried for Crennel.... but then, that would have someone on the staff that succeeded more than he has, and that wouldn't be good for his ego.

GEM
01-18-2010, 06:56 PM
The damn coordinator isn't our effing issue on Defense. Our issue on Defense can't be address until FA starts and the draft. What the hell is this little effing Napoleon doing? I mean Jesus H. Crimeney!! Why don't we just fire everybody but Napoleon, start completely over and while he's at it, move the effing team out to LA, because this doesn't even resemble the franchise that I love.

EFFING PISSED!!!

Skinny
01-18-2010, 06:59 PM
I think more talent is needed on both sides of the ball.Absolutely. I'm looking forward to FA and the draft to see how we do just that.

however seeing Pees up close in boston, he was not aggressive at all. I hope its not him.... although he is better than sLOWBRAIN lolI'm not that familiar with him personally. But knowing he's better than Slowick is a plus if anything. lol

broken12
01-18-2010, 07:04 PM
dolphins to interview nolan! must be a hot commodity! wow!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 07:07 PM
So, this INTERVIEW could not have been set up within the hour - therefore, it already had to be in the works.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/01/18/report-miami-planning-to-interview-mike-nolan/

Mike Nolan resigned as the Denver Broncos defensive coordinator today.

This week, Nolan will interview with the Dolphins about their defensive coordinator vacancy, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Nolan has experience in the 3-4 scheme and coached the hottest defense in the NFL early in the season, until a late-season collapse.

Nolan told the Denver Post that he and head coach Josh McDaniels agreed to end their working relationship following the Broncos’ 8-8, culminating with a four-game losing streak.

“I can’t say anything other than Josh and I mutually agreed to part ways,” Nolan told the Post.

The Broncos gave up the fewest points in the NFL (66) during the first six games of the season. But during four losses to close the season, Denver allowed an average of 30.5 points.

The Broncos finished the season ranked seventh in defense - 22 spots higher than in 2008.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeup....

All I heard lat week was "Shanahan brought in a bunch of immature players that McD couldn't work with".....

Uhmmmm...now what? Immature Nolan?

What was the saying we kept hearing around here? "Marshall didn't want to be a team-guy".."He wasn't a McDaniel's type of personality" Seems there is a LOT of that going around.

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm like SR in waiting to see why it happened before crucifying McDaniels (I have my pitchfork and rocks on standby though), but then I'm like topscribe and tired of the BRONCOS drama. Nolan did turn this defense around and I thank him for that!!

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeup....

All I heard lat week was "Shanahan brought in a bunch of immature players that McD couldn't work with".....

Uhmmmm...now what? Immature Nolan?

What was the saying we kept hearing around here? "Marshall didn't want to be a team-guy".."He wasn't a McDaniel's type of personality" Seems there is a LOT of that going around.

Keep the I told you so's to yourself. Does it make it any better that you saw the demise of the franchise WE ALL LOVE before some of us cared to see it?

Jaws
01-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Nolan going to Miami? (http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/01/18/report-miami-planning-to-interview-mike-nolan/)

CrazyHorse
01-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Well this sucks...

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:18 PM
So, this INTERVIEW could not have been set up within the hour - therefore, it already had to be in the works.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/01/18/report-miami-planning-to-interview-mike-nolan/

Mike Nolan resigned as the Denver Broncos defensive coordinator today.

This week, Nolan will interview with the Dolphins about their defensive coordinator vacancy, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Nolan has experience in the 3-4 scheme and coached the hottest defense in the NFL early in the season, until a late-season collapse.

Nolan told the Denver Post that he and head coach Josh McDaniels agreed to end their working relationship following the Broncos’ 8-8, culminating with a four-game losing streak.

“I can’t say anything other than Josh and I mutually agreed to part ways,” Nolan told the Post.

The Broncos gave up the fewest points in the NFL (66) during the first six games of the season. But during four losses to close the season, Denver allowed an average of 30.5 points.

The Broncos finished the season ranked seventh in defense - 22 spots higher than in 2008.

That is the effing key right there. 7TH!! 7TH!! FFS....how the hell does this move make this team any better than what they were the day the season ended? It isn't good for the team and it damn sure isn't good for the players who need a freaking leader they believe in and buy into. They had bought all in to Nolan. This tears the team apart even further, if that's even friggen possible.

Josh Friggen McNapoleon, this ones for you ,,!,,

rationalfan
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
"The Broncos gave up the fewest points in the NFL (66) during the first six games of the season. But during four losses to close the season, Denver allowed an average of 30.5 points."

yeah, nolan did a great job here. and while it's probably not all his fault, the d coordinator has to take the heat.

beyond that, isn't it odd that nolan already has an interview lined up? this sounds too convenient for coincidence. if nolan walked into mcd's office and said he wanted to leave for sunny skies and beaches, is mcd still the devil?

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:20 PM
"The Broncos gave up the fewest points in the NFL (66) during the first six games of the season. But during four losses to close the season, Denver allowed an average of 30.5 points."

yeah, nolan did a great job here. and while it's probably not all his fault, the d coordinator has to take the heat.

beyond that, isn't it odd that nolan already has an interview lined up? this sounds too convenient for coincidence. if nolan walked into mcd's office and said he wanted to leave for sunny skies and beaches, is mcd still the devil?

It does beg the question of why so many want to leave.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Keep the I told you so's to yourself. Does it make it any better that you saw the demise of the franchise WE ALL LOVE before some of us cared to see it?

If I remember correctly, GEM.. you were one of the VERY VERY first to post in the "where is Ravage?" thread. So... you'll excuse me while I very point at what I saw coming..... Napolean (borrowing taht from you) and his ego going to work.

You know... at first I thought it was a strange "conspiracy theory" when someone suggested that McD came to Denver to completely shatter what was being built. But now.... well... now I'm thinking these loonies were on to something.

Skinny
01-18-2010, 07:21 PM

Like the saying goes.... "It's not how you start, it's how you finish".

Ray Finkle
01-18-2010, 07:23 PM
As I wrote over at the Mane.....I had heard rumors in December that Nolan may jump to go to a higher profile job.....it came from a good source, didn't believe it then....

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 07:23 PM

wHere did our offense rank?

Come on man.... something is up. This pattern can't be set up before you, and you continue to ignore it.

How many players, how many coaches, how many assistants have to leave? You truly believe its everyone ELSE and none of it is McD? really?

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Like the saying goes.... "It's not how you start, it's how you finish".

True.. and we finished 2-8.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
If McD wins next year, all this will be water under the bridge.From all the turmoil that's been going on, Denver is still at this point in the same place as Shanahan's last year.

Shananan sucked, maybe McD will suck, if that's the case, at least we have John Elway.

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
As I wrote over at the Mane.....I had heard rumors in December that Nolan may jump to go to a higher profile job.....it came from a good source, didn't believe it then....

It could be that this is Nolan's decision and McDaniels wanted him to stay, but as many of you say, 'Nothing wrong with bettering yourself"

Ray Finkle
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
It could be that this is Nolan's decision and McDaniels wanted him to stay, but as many of you say, 'Nothing wrong with bettering yourself"

Nolan was able to repopularize his name with the work he did last year, why wouldn't he want to BBD himself?

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Shanahan didn't suck... but GREAT try and pulling this conversation into another "shanahan" discussion, Silk. **EDIT**

camdisco24
What is with Josh McDaniels' inability to hang on to good quality talent?
I am absolutely pissed.... can't believe we are having another drama filled offseason AGAIN.
This is just not what we needed as a fanbase.... and more importantly not what OUR TEAM needed.

Ravage!!!

I agree!!!!! Nothing wrong with bettering yourself! When are we going to better ourself!?!? :lol:

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=Ravage!!!;885567]Shanahan didn't suck... but GREAT try and pulling this conversation into another "shanahan" discussion, Silk. **EDIT**

Awesome argument. Just think, with all fine and dandy under Shanahan, Denver couldn't have been more "average". With everything falling apart under McDaniels, Denver is still "average".

"Hey, at least we aren't 4-12".

Ray Finkle
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM
What is with Josh McDaniels' inability to hang on to good quality talent?
I am absolutely pissed.... can't believe we are having another drama filled offseason AGAIN.
This is just not what we needed as a fanbase.... and more importantly not what OUR TEAM needed.

Besides Cutler, what scary talent did Josh send off? If you even bring up Kern, I may have to internet smack you...

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I agree!!!!! Nothing wrong with bettering yourself! When are we going to better ourself!?!? :lol:

I agree but IF Nolan left for that reason, then what was McDaniels to do, it's seems that's when Xanders and Bowlen open the pocketbook!:whoknows: It's all speculation but I hope McDaniels isn't that dumb to where he's getting rid of an good DC and the other coaches were as good as gone once Shanahan found a new gig.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Besides Cutler, what scary talent did Josh send off? If you even bring up Kern, I may have to internet smack you...

Cutler is a "scary" talent. That scud missile he has for an arm apparently can't fit footballs through defenders chests' in the redzone.

ikillz0mbies
01-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Where's the evidence that this is McDaniels' fault?

nevcraw
01-18-2010, 07:34 PM

ask that question in March.
we have just lost 3 scary talented coaches... talent is talent..
and you know the team was 6-0 with Kern helming the punting.. - i'm just saying.. lol..

topscribe
01-18-2010, 07:34 PM

So far, in the minds of a few . . . :coffee:

-----

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Let's keep the focus here (and I was guilty of the same earlier in the thread, so I apologize) we're not angry at each other. Keep the name monikers to yourselves and let's stick to the topic.

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:36 PM

Nolan may have left on his own to a better gig!! Who knows! Just tired of the BS and Dove valley not explaining themselves!!

topscribe
01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Let's keep the focus here (and I was guilty of the same earlier in the thread, so I apologize) we're not angry at each other. Keep the name monikers to yourselves and let's stick to the topic.

Sorry, but he opened the gate. Couldn't help myself. :D

*not that I wouldn't do it again*

-----

camdisco24
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM

Brandon Marshall??? (possibly)

I not going to add anything to this, because I know it will quickly derail this thread.

Right now, I dont know for sure it was McD's fault.... HOWEVER, if it was an clash of personalities... someone needs to go turn McD's Ego switch waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. Its getting out of hand.

GEM
01-18-2010, 07:39 PM
I have the national nightly news and just watched a story about Haiti and the number of amputations that are happening. They said when all is said and done they may be known as the Nation of Amputees. Kind of puts this in perspective.

Still pissed though.

ikillz0mbies
01-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Based on the reports, I'm seeing that Nolan and McDaniels made some kind of agreement where Nolan would be released. I find it really odd that the Dolphins are quick to knock on Nolan's door. I think that Nolan wants to go to the Dolphins.

camdisco24
01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
I have the national nightly news and just watched a story about Haiti and the number of amputations that are happening. They said when all is said and done they may be known as the Nation of Amputees. Kind of puts this in perspective.

Now I know how our coaching staff feels....

(Lord, forgive me for that one....)

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm hearing "reports" that Nolan wanted full control of the defense, and McDaniels didn't want to give up being involved with the defense.

My "reports" aren't amazing by any means.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry, but he opened the gate. Couldn't help myself. :D

*not that I wouldn't do it again*

-----

HAH. you sound like McD!! "Wasn't me, he did it!!!" :lol:

getlynched47
01-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Gotta be shitting me. Unbe-freakin-lievable

**** this

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm hearing "reports" that Nolan wanted full control of the defense, and McDaniels didn't want to give up being involved with the defense.

Just asking, but is there a HC out there that isn't involved in all aspects of his team.

broncofaninfla
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Somewhere Shanahan is laughing his ass off...

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Just asking, but is there a HC out there that isn't involved in all aspects of his team.

I think there's some that might have very limited control on one side. I know Nolan didn't have any involvement with the offense in SF.

I think it's a good thing. It shows McDaniels in fact did have an impact along with Nolan with defensive preparation last year. It also shows a guy who wants to have involvement with every aspect of his football team. I'm not saying he's going to be a great coach, but all the great coaches had that quality.

This is all assuming the report is true to an extent.

topscribe
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
HAH. you sound like McD!! "Wasn't me, he did it!!!" :lol:

To the contrary, I freely and proudly admit my guilt. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/Wink.gif

-----

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Somewhere Shanahan is laughing his ass off...

Probably. It would save face for the countless people that knew he wasn't a great head coach without the G.O.A.T.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
This could easily have to do with Nolan's CONNECTION with Bill Parcells

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/01/mike-nolan-latest-possible-dc-candidate.html

he Denver Broncos made good on using Dolphins talent at safety, cornerback and defensive line to help the defense rise from No. 29 in 2008 to No. 7 in 2009.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Dolphins could employ Denver's former defensive coordinator to rise from their No. 25 defensive doldrums of 2009?

Denver defensive coordinator Mike Nolan is now former Denver defensive coordinator Mike Nolan. He has "mutually decided," to split with the Broncos, according to Jay Glazer's twitter.

And I'm reporting the Dolphins plan to interview him.

Nolan is the 50-year-old son of former 49'ers coach Dick Nolan. If you're too young to remember that Dick Nolan was a defensive genius once upon a time, you should know Nolan was the defensive coordinator when the Baltimore Ravens continued their run as a fine defense from 2001-2004.

Prior to that, wait for it, wait for it, he was defensive coordinator of the New York Jets in 2000 when Bill Parcells was the general manager of the Jets. Cha-Ching!

Obviously, Nolan was also the head coach at San Francisco in 2005-2008.

Throughout his career, Nolan has been a 3-4 guy. He's been an attacking kind of guy. His defenses have been very good.

And so he instantly becomes a possible defensive coordinator candidate for the Dolphins

topscribe
01-18-2010, 07:50 PM
This could easily have to do with Nolan's CONNECTION with Bill Parcells

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/01/mike-nolan-latest-possible-dc-candidate.html

he Denver Broncos made good on using Dolphins talent at safety, cornerback and defensive line to help the defense rise from No. 29 in 2008 to No. 7 in 2009.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Dolphins could employ Denver's former defensive coordinator to rise from their No. 25 defensive doldrums of 2009?

Denver defensive coordinator Mike Nolan is now former Denver defensive coordinator Mike Nolan. He has "mutually decided," to split with the Broncos, according to Jay Glazer's twitter.

And I'm reporting the Dolphins plan to interview him.

Nolan is the 50-year-old son of former 49'ers coach Dick Nolan. If you're too young to remember that Dick Nolan was a defensive genius once upon a time, you should know Nolan was the defensive coordinator when the Baltimore Ravens continued their run as a fine defense from 2001-2004.

Prior to that, wait for it, wait for it, he was defensive coordinator of the New York Jets in 2000 when Bill Parcells was the general manager of the Jets. Cha-Ching!

Obviously, Nolan was also the head coach at San Francisco in 2005-2008.

Throughout his career, Nolan has been a 3-4 guy. He's been an attacking kind of guy. His defenses have been very good.

And so he instantly becomes a possible defensive coordinator candidate for the Dolphins

I just hope the next guy is just as aggressive.

But when the next interview happens that quickly, it makes one wonder . . .

-----

getlynched47
01-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Well............we finished 26th against the run

I hope Pees can get us to 25th :coffee:

topscribe
01-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Well............we finished 26th against the run

I hope Pees can get us to 25th :coffee:

That would be funny, were it not so sad . . . :sad:

-----

nevcraw
01-18-2010, 07:52 PM

Are these reports considerd the football equivalent to "Chatter" in the intel world?

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Are these reports considerd the football equivalent to "Chatter" in the intel world?

Yes, hence the "unamazing" comment.

Remember, Mike Shanahan is the head coach of the Kansas City Cheifs.

broncofaninfla
01-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Nolan already in line for an interview with Miami

Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2010 7:23 PM ET
On the same day he parted ways with the Denver Broncos, former defensive coordinator Mike Nolan already is scheduled to interview for the vacancy with the Dolphins, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN and Jason La Canfora of NFL Network.

As a league source said, "My money is on him ending up in Miami."

The Dolphins fired Paul Pasqualoni last week, after two years of running the defense. He joined the Cowboys for Sunday's playoff loss to the Vikings after Todd Grantham left to become the defensive coordinator at the University of Georgia.

Since then, the Dolphins have had a hard time filling the job. Al Groh opted to take a job as an assistant coach at Virginia Tech, Romeo Crennel picked the Chiefs, and Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler opted to stay in Pittsburgh.

The reasons for Nolan's departure from Denver remain unknown.

As another source said of the development, "They finally figured out defense in Denver and he's one and done."

Nomad
01-18-2010, 07:55 PM
I think there's some that might have very limited control on one side. I know Nolan didn't have any involvement with the offense in SF.

I think it's a good thing. It shows McDaniels in fact did have an impact along with Nolan with defensive preparation last year. It also shows a guy who wants to have involvement with every aspect of his football team. I'm not saying he's going to be a great coach, but all the great coaches had that quality.

This is all assuming the report is true to an extent.

Thanks for the feedback! If I was a HC I wouldn't just give a coordinator 'full' control and I like the idea of the HC involved in all aspects of the team!! But I also want my HC to trust his coaches!!

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Adam_Schefter
5:45pm, Jan 18 from UberTwitter
Before Broncos and Mike Nolan parted ways, Miami sent in request for permission to interview him for defensive coordinator job.

Shazam!
01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
I am just so sick of this drama with the Broncos that has been going on since as far back as 2006, LONG BEFORE Josh McDaniels was even a Head Coaching candidate. It's sickening.

Nomad
Adam_Schefter
Before Broncos and Mike Nolan parted ways, Miami sent in request for permission to interview him for defensive coordinator job.

So it' looking more like Miami knew what they were doing and Nolan did as well!!

silkamilkamonico
Thanks for the feedback! If I was a HC I wouldn't just give a coordinator 'full' control and I like the idea of the HC involved in all aspects of the team!! But I also want my HC to trust his coaches!!

Now it sounds like McDaniels was playing good samaritan and possibly allowing Nolan to be reunited with Parcells, in which he's stated several times over the course of the years would love to work with again.

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm just sitting back, watching everyone fly off the handle, enjoying the drama, and waiting for the facts to come out. Anyone wanna join me?

topscribe
Nolan already in line for an interview with Miami

Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2010 7:23 PM ET
On the same day he parted ways with the Denver Broncos, former defensive coordinator Mike Nolan already is scheduled to interview for the vacancy with the Dolphins, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN and Jason La Canfora of NFL Network.

As a league source said, "My money is on him ending up in Miami."

The Dolphins fired Paul Pasqualoni last week, after two years of running the defense. He joined the Cowboys for Sunday's playoff loss to the Vikings after Todd Grantham left to become the defensive coordinator at the University of Georgia.

Since then, the Dolphins have had a hard time filling the job. Al Groh opted to take a job as an assistant coach at Virginia Tech, Romeo Crennel picked the Chiefs, and Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler opted to stay in Pittsburgh.

The reasons for Nolan's departure from Denver remain unknown.

As another source said of the development, "They finally figured out defense in Denver and he's one and done."

No matter whose "fault" it is or what the situation is, it is that last statement that bothers me . . .

-----

Shazam!
If it was Nolan wanting out to go to Miami, all these people jumping off cliffs was for nothing.

silkamilkamonico
I am just so sick of this drama with the Broncos that has been going on since as far back as 2006, LONG BEFORE Josh McDaniels was even a Head Coaching candidate. It's sickening.

Apparently, some people were "happy" with Shanahan's countless average seasons, and playoff spills.

I would like to remind everyone that Denver has the least amount of division titles in the AFCWest since the G.O.A.T. retired.

"Hey, at least we aren't 4-12".

I'm confident McDaniels can do a great job keeping us on course with that statement.

Nomad
Now it sounds like McDaniels was playing good samaritan and possibly allowing Nolan to be reunited with Parcells, in which he's stated several times over the course of the years would love to work with again.

I'm glad I left the pitchfork in the barn;) while figuring this out!!:lol:

Northman
01-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Adam_Schefter

I guess McD didnt feel that Nolan was valuable enough to try and compete for his services. :lol:

MasterShake
01-18-2010, 08:01 PM

On the grassy knoll being held up by bigfoot as he is transported into a UFO...

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I guess McD didnt feel that Nolan was valuable enough to try and compete for his services. :lol:

That's one possibility North, but there are others.

camdisco24
01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
After calming down a bit... Im thinking this was McD basically allowing Nolan to go work with Parcells again...

I REALLY hope thats what it is at least.

Northman
01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
After calming down a bit... Im thinking this was McD basically allowing Nolan to go work with Parcells again...

I REALLY hope thats what it is at least.

My problem is we didnt even fight to keep him here. That i find very disturbing.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 08:13 PM
So it' looking more like Miami knew what they were doing and Nolan did as well!!

Exactly - the NOLAN PARCELLS CONNECTION

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...candidate.html

You DON'T go in and resign on a MUTUAL AGREEMENT, and 5 MINUTES LATER, you have an INTERVIEW set up with the Dolphins. As I said before, this has already been in the works, between Nolan and the Dolphins. Of course, Nolan is GOING to show MORE LOYALTY to Parcells, based on their past, than to Coach McD. SHOULD NOT BE HARD TO FIGURE OUT :tsk:

camdisco24
My problem is we didnt even fight to keep him here. That i find very disturbing.

It is a concern... But maybe McD is tired of all the Drama and didnt want to deal with it??

Its all maybe's and what if's at this point... wish we knew more.

silkamilkamonico

I think we did. McDaniles pressed hard. In the end, Nolan wanted to be reunited with Parcells and the Miami. He will probably be their next head coach.

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Again, I'll wait for the facts to come out. You're usually more level headed than this North. McD may be totally to blame here, or there may be other circumstances that we have no clue about yet. I'm not saying McD was right or wrong in this. I'm just saying that I won't pass judgement until all the facts come out.

Superchop 7
01-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Nolan "wanted" out.

Cutler "wanted" out.

Marshall "wants" out.

Scheffler "wants" out.

Scheffler stated that Stokely said "it's amazing the talent that is just sitting around".

Josina Anderson said that a player told her "nobody likes McDaniels".

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

The soap opera will never end.

Why ?

Because we treat people like crap.

Talented people.

Who won 8 games ?

Sure as hell wasn't the offense.

camdisco24
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Nolan "wanted" out.

Cutler "wanted" out.

Marshall "wants" out.

Scheffler "wants" out.

Scheffler stated that Stokely said "it's amazing the talent that is just sitting around".

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Why ?

Talented people.

It is a legit point that none of these people were fighting to stay here....

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Nolan "wanted" out.

Cutler "wanted" out.

Marshall "wants" out.

Scheffler "wants" out.

Why ?

Talented people.

8-8 and 9-7 teams aren't "talent". Way to completely reach through the roof on that one.

Northman
01-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Again, I'll wait for the facts to come out. You're usually more level headed than this North. McD may be totally to blame here, or there may be other circumstances that we have no clue about yet. I'm not saying McD was right or wrong in this. I'm just saying that I won't pass judgement until all the facts come out.

I guess im pissed because Nolan was the major reason we had any success this year. I mean, think about it. If Nolan was planning on leaving why bother bringing him in this year? It just doesnt make sense and there is no logic to it. Hell, if McD brought Nolan in just to make him look good for one year than we definitely have the wrong HC right now. Its ok though, McD needs to make the playoffs this year so nothing has changed in that regard for me. I just dont see us doing as well on defense like we did this past year. All i can do at this point is shake my head and laugh. :salute:

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 08:24 PM
I guess im pissed because Nolan was the major reason we had any success this year. I mean, think about it. If Nolan was planning on leaving why bother bringing him in this year? It just doesnt make sense and there is no logic to it. Hell, if McD brought Nolan in just to make him look good for one year than we definitely have the wrong HC right now. Its ok though, McD needs to make the playoffs this year so nothing has changed in that regard for me. I just dont see us doing as well on defense like we did this past year. All i can do at this point is shake my head and laugh. :salute:

Well, I hope you're wrong. Who knows? Maybe I'll be changing my stance once all of the facts come out, but as I said before, I'm withholding judgement until they do. I must say though, I thoroughly enjoyed fighting the good fight with you while it lasted. It's a shame to see you go. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 08:26 PM

Nolan wanted a job this year, and NOW the DC position is open with Bill Parcell's Miami Dolphins - and Nolan and Parcells go way back.

claymore
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Nolan wanted a job this year, and NOW the DC position is open with Bill Parcell's Miami Dolphins - and Nolan and Parcells go way back.

Then we should have traded him.

Northman
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM

Uh, Nolan had a job. You mean to tell me if Denver had offered Nolan a better salary he wouldnt stay? Sorry Carol, im not buying it but if you can prove that this was all planned before he took the job in Denver than ill recant my anger about it.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
01-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Guys I got it!
Josh McDaniels is secretly working for Pioli, Crennel and Weis. That is why he got rid of Mike Nolan traded Cutler is shopping Marshall, Hillis, Scheffler and crew, and threw the season down the drain after we went 6-0. Then when Bowlen fires him he goes to KC and coaches with his buds and his old QB Matt Cassel. Josh thinks he's so smart but I'm onto him.

titan
01-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Exactly - the NOLAN PARCELLS CONNECTION

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...candidate.html

You DON'T go in and resign on a MUTUAL AGREEMENT, and 5 MINUTES LATER, you have an INTERVIEW set up with the Dolphins. As I said before, this has already been in the works, between Nolan and the Dolphins. Of course, Nolan is GOING to show MORE LOYALTY to Parcells, based on their past, than to Coach McD. SHOULD NOT BE HARD TO FIGURE OUT :tsk:

Yeah, I've calmed down a bit too. If McD and Nolan were going to part ways why didn't it happen last week? Maybe this Dolphin interview possibility caused the separation, and McD let Nolan go.

If McD names his brother as new defensive coordinator, that'll fire me up again, but for now I want to see who he brings in as the Nolan replacement. The news earlier in the day of the buffalo rb coach possibly coming here was encouraging (that McD is looking at quality assistants around the league to bring in)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Uh, Nolan had a job. You mean to tell me if Denver had offered Nolan a better salary he wouldnt stay? Sorry Carol, im not buying it but if you can prove that this was all planned before he took the job in Denver than ill recant my anger about it.

Where did I say that this way all planned before he took the job in Denver?

WVUnBroncosfanJim
01-18-2010, 08:42 PM
So this is the kind of crap that happens when I go out to eat on the week I'm iPhoneless... *sighs*

I had several of my friends (fans of diff teams, obviously) say that Mike Nolan coming to the Broncos was the best thing that happened to us in the offseason.

Anyway, I'm direly disappointed in Nolan leaving... something's not right in Dove Valley. I'll further elaborate once the facts come out.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 08:44 PM
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1186044

muse
01-18-2010, 08:44 PM
BALLS.

THat is all.

Lonestar
01-18-2010, 08:48 PM
have really not read anything in the thread have listened to KOA drive home.

I'm going to throw out an idea, perhaps MIA asked for permission to talk to him as a straight DC position and Josh declined because it was not a promotion for him.

Perhaps Nolan got wind of it, as there would be NO way of him getting this interview set up this quickly without some chit chat going on.

Perhaps that is why he asked for a release and was granted it so he could talk to MIA. Who the hell would not want to live there because of the weather instead of DEN?

weazel
01-18-2010, 08:55 PM
this is just another example of McD's douchebaggery.

By the time McD is gone, this organization will the the laughing stock of the league and will be on a string of 2-14 seasons.

I can understand having an arrogant attitude and being and obstinate jerk IF you have had past success. McD hasn't done shit.

I can't name one good thing that has happened to this team since that douchebag became the coach.

shank
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
i'm sad.

nolan was the single best thing about the denver broncos heading into the offseason.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
01-18-2010, 08:58 PM
this is just another example of McD's douchebaggery.

By the time McD is gone, this organization will the the laughing stock of the league and will be on a string of 2-14 seasons.

I can understand having an arrogant attitude and being and obstinate jerk IF you have had past success. McD hasn't done shit.

I can't name one good thing that has happened to this team since that douchebag became the coach.

well there is good but for every good there is a bad twice as bad
6-0 and then how we finished
Orton starting out great and then how he finished
Beating the Pats losing to the Raiders and Chiefs

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Perhaps that is why he asked for a release and was granted it so he could talk to MIA. Who the hell would not want to live there because of the weather instead of DEN? :tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

In regards to this, I am sure he wants the job in Miami because of his connection with Parcells.

Also, my son just got done telling me that he was listening to Dave Logan in regards to Nolan leaving, and Logan said:

"It does not matter who the DC is, as long as you have the right guys on the DL"

shank
01-18-2010, 09:09 PM
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

In regards to this, I am sure he wants the job in Miami because of his connection with Parcells.

Also, my son just got done telling me that he was listening to Dave Logan in regards to Nolan leaving, and Logan said:

"It does not matter who the DC is, as long as you have the right guys on the DL"

if this is the case, dose nolan have any consequences for not honoring our contract? or is he free to just leave and take another job?

frauschieze
01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
if this is the case, dose nolan have any consequences for not honoring our contract? or is he free to just leave and take another job?

I'm not positive, but I seem to remember that he came in on a one year contract. If that's the case, then we just let him off a little early.

On a separate note, I'm really tired of all of the drama. I've been hoping for a relatively calm offseason compared to last and it sure looks like we're off to the same crazy start. *sighs* It wears me out just thinking about it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 09:17 PM

Don't know - but just found the following, which has just been posted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815d1bfd&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

The Denver Broncos and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan agreed to part ways Monday, and a league source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora that the veteran coach has a very good chance of joining the Miami Dolphins.

NFL.com's Steve Wyche reported that the Dolphins asked the Broncos for permission to speak to Nolan, but it isn't known if that call caused the split. Nolan told The Denver Post only that he and the Broncos had "mutually agreed to part ways," and a team-issued statement echoed that sentiment.

La Canfora's source said the Dolphins already have scheduled an interview with Nolan. They have been seeking a replacement for former defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni, whom they fired after the season.

A source with knowledge of the situation in Denver also told La Canfora that several teams had contacted the Broncos seeking permission to speak to Nolan. The Bears and Patriots also are looking for defensive coordinators.

Nolan was credited with improving the Broncos' defense, which went from 29th in the NFL in 2008 to seventh this season under his tutelage. He's considered one of the best teachers and schemers of the 3-4 defense, which the Dolphins also run.

Nolan previously served as the defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens (2002-04), New York Jets (2000), Washington Redskins (1997-99) and New York Giants (1993-96). He started his NFL career with the Broncos as the special teams and linebackers coach under Dan Reeves from 1987 to 1992.

Nolan was 18-37 in three-plus seasons as the San Francisco 49ers' coach before he was fired seven games into the 2008 campaign.

Nolan becomes the third member of coach Josh McDaniels' inaugural staff to depart Denver following a disappointing 8-8 season. Offensive line coach Rick Dennison left for the Houston Texans' staff, and longtime running backs coach Bobby Turner was reunited with Mike Shanahan in Washington. Both Dennison and Turner were holdovers from the Shanahan era.

The Broncos intend to interview outside candidates to replace Nolan rather than promote from within, La Canfora reported, citing a source. Dean Pees, who has strong ties to McDaniels from their New England days, recently decided not to seek a new contract from the Patriots and is a favorite to land the position in Denver.

Whoever replaces Nolan will be the Broncos' fifth defensive coordinator in a five-season span.

After being fired by 49ers, Nolan tried his hand in broadcasting but found himself wanting to return to coaching. Then McDaniels came calling, offering Nolan a chance to turn around a Denver defense that had slid under Shanahan.

Known as a defensive wizard, Nolan jumped at the challenge. He holed up in his office last offseason as he installed a new look and shuffled personnel. The Broncos tried to give Nolan the pieces, bringing in perennial Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins to serve as a leader and add a swagger that had been missing.

One of the biggest beneficiaries of Nolan's system was defensive end/linebacker Elvis Dumervil, who was able to use his long arms and low center of gravity off the edge of the line. Dumervil turned in a Pro Bowl season, finishing with an NFL-leading and team-record 17 sacks.

The Broncos started the season 6-0 and were the talk of the league. Then they went into a free fall, losing eight of their next 10 games to miss the playoffs for a fourth consecutive year.

The Broncos' defense allowed a season-high 44 points and 524 yards in a season-ending loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

EMB6903
01-18-2010, 09:17 PM
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

the scheme definately matters.

Nolan proved that this year having the defense rank in the top 10 with a dline filled with average talent at best.

JDL
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I won't pin this on McDaniels.

Still, this is an organization that is CLEARLY deconstructing... NOT constructing anything. That seems to be all McDaniels for a variety of reasons, probably not the least of which is his youth and inexperience. It really was a mistake giving him the Head Coaching job unless you are willing to deal with about 5 years of cutting his teeth. I doubt Denver is a place that patient. This is really analagous to Mike Shanahan in Oakland.

McD will get one more year, but I can't really see how he's going to be able to be more than the 2-8 team Denver was down the stretch, now losing its most significant piece. Pees wasn't good enough in NE and so he isn't going to be good enough in Denver and that would just about do McDaniels in. He almost hasn't had a chance, but honestly, everything just reeks of a guy who wasn't ready for the job. He is simply not in control of things (I doubt a veteran and respected coach would have this happen to him because of that fraternal order and long friendships with the guys they bring in... lot's of loyalty) and you simply cannot build anything without stability and respect. My only hope is that we see something like a Jeff Fisher in 2011 if this thing continues to head south.

I sincerely hope it doesn't, but when you have an entire fanbase almost longing for simple peace and quiet and a small semblance of stability, you really are in a tough spot - no matter how good a coach you are.

ikillz0mbies
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Well there you have it. Thanks for the post Carol!

dogfish
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm just sitting back, watching everyone fly off the handle, enjoying the drama, and waiting for the facts to come out. Anyone wanna join me?

i'm trying to refrain from playing the blame game just yet, but the bottom line is that this sucks balls for the broncos regardless of whose "fault" it is-- we just lost a damn fine defensive coach, and there's nothing enjoyable about that. . . it's going to be yet another offseason of learning new terminology, new playbook, etc etc etc. . . and it's not likely to help the development of young players like ayers, smith, mcbath and baker. . . and instead of FINALLY having some consistency and a second year to build on what they learned, it's back to the friggin' drawing board YET AGAIN for DJ and dumervil. . .

also, while it's certainly not impossible, the odds of finding a defensive schemer as sharp and experienced as nolan sure aren't very good. . . dean pees sure as hell isn't that guy. . . not saying he can't be at some point, but he's not right now-- he has all of i think about two years experience as a coordinator, all in a place where somebody else ran the show and did the real heavy lifting in terms of gameplanning and deciding where/how to employ the personnel. . . doesn't mean that a guy like that can't come in and coach as well as nolan, but going from a known, accomplished coach who did very well here given the circumstances to being in the market for someone yet again is hard to view as progress ATM. . .

*sighs*

ikillz0mbies
01-18-2010, 09:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4837350&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Source: Nolan nears deal with Dolphins
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

The Denver Broncos and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan have agreed to part ways, and a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that Nolan is close to an agreement to take on the same role with the Miami Dolphins.

Before the split, Miami sent in a request for permission to interview Nolan, sources close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The parting was friendly and gave Nolan a chance to move on and talk to the Dolphins, the source told Clayton.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

The Dolphins fired defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni and have struggled to find a quick replacement. The Dolphins interest in Nolan apparently opened the door for the chance for Nolan to get to Miami.

Nolan becomes the third member of coach Josh McDaniels' inaugural staff to depart following a disappointing 8-8 finish. Offensive line coach Rick Dennison left for Houston's staff and longtime running backs coach Bobby Turner was reunited with Mike Shanahan in Washington. Both Dennison and Turner were holdovers from the Shanahan era.

"I can't say anything other than Josh and I mutually agreed to part ways," Nolan said on Monday, according to The Denver Post.

Nolan, who engineered the Broncos' switch to a 3-4 defensive alignment, was McDaniels' first hire. McDaniels lined up Nolan to help revamp what had been a deplorable defense.

McDaniels said in a statement released Monday by the team: "I have great respect for Mike and wish him success in the future."

As a potential replacement, the Broncos already are discussing former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees, who worked with McDaniels in New England, sources told Schefter.

The Broncos started the season 6-0 and were the talk of the league. Nolan received much of the credit as he turned around a defense that ranked near the bottom of the league in every major category in 2008.

Nolan's scheme shaved 7.8 points a game off a defense that surrendered 28 points a game the previous season.

Then the team went into a free fall, losing eight of their next 10 games to miss the postseason for a fourth straight year.

Now, the Broncos will be searching for their fifth defensive coordinator in five seasons.

After getting fired as head coach of the San Francisco 49ers in 2008, Nolan tried his hand in broadcasting but found himself wanting to return to coaching.

Then McDaniels came calling, offering him a chance to turn around the Broncos' defense that had slid under Shanahan's watch.

Known as a defensive wizard, Nolan jumped at the challenge.

He holed up in his office last offseason as he installed a new look and shuffled around personnel.

Denver gave him the pieces, bringing in perennial Pro Bowler Brian Dawkins to serve as a leader and add a swagger that had been missing. Dawkins sparked the Broncos.

One of the biggest beneficiaries of Nolan's system was Elvis Dumervil, who was able to use his long arms and low center of gravity off the edge of the line as a hybrid defensive end/linebacker. Dumervil turned in a Pro Bowl season as he finished with an NFL-leading and team-record 17 sacks.

Once again, though, Dumervil and his defensive teammates will be under a new defensive boss.

Dumervil will be a restricted a free agent if there's no collective bargaining agreement. Come next season, he will be working for his eighth defensive coordinator in eight seasons, including three at the University of Louisville.

Information from ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton and The Associated Press was used in this report.

nevcraw
01-18-2010, 09:34 PM

you really killing this Parcells connection thingy.. He spent 1 yr. w/ the Jets as their DC under Al Grohl while Parcells was the GM.
Almost everybody in the NFL coaching fraternity has that type of connection with Parcells.. You make it seem like they went to sleep away camp together or something..
His connection to Denver should be atleast as strong given he started his career there.. but apparantly he loved his situation in Denver so much that he wanted to pack up after 1 year and take a lateral move with another team..

Yup.. move on folks... nothing to see here...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
you really killing this Parcells connection thingy.. He spent 1 yr. w/ the Jets as their DC under Al Grohl while Parcells was the GM.
Almost everybody in the NFL coaching fraternity has that type of connection with Parcells.. You make it seem like they went to sleep away camp together or something..
His connection to Denver should be atleast as strong given he started his career there.. but apparantly he loved his situation in Denver so much that he wanted to pack up after 1 year and take a lateral move with another team..

Yup.. move on folks... nothing to see here...

Read some of the articles posted here - they MENTION his connection with Parcells :tsk:

Tned-Mobile
01-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Wow, I just saw a tweet about this. I had no idea. From a distance, it seemed that Nolan's defense was one of the few bright spots this season.

nevcraw
01-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Read some of the articles posted here - they MENTION his connection with Parcells :tsk:

show me the article you are refering to.. all i got is one year in NY under AG.. I mentioned that already...

Overtime
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
wow, i dunno what to say. at first I thought we were trying to become New England west, but now it looks like we're trying to become Kansas City west, because we're gonna suck ass next year.

we're ******.

hell he might be an upgrade over Orton. :lol:

bcbronc
01-19-2010, 12:23 AM
what-evs. DCs come, DCs go. same as all coaches.

McDaniels hired Nolan, so no reason to think he won't be able to hire another good DC.

but let's all jump off a bridge or kick in some plate glass windows anyway.

weazel
01-19-2010, 12:38 AM

McDaniels hired Nolan, so no reason to think he won't be able to hire another good DC.

:lol: that made me laugh.

weazel
01-19-2010, 12:40 AM
this is the 3rd coach to leave in days. If that doesn't tell you how bad it is in dove valley, what will?

getlynched47
01-19-2010, 01:05 AM
The move makes no sense.

Basically it was a lateral from Denver to Miami.

Adam Schefter reported that the Broncos GRANTED THE DOLPHINS PERMISSION TO INTERVIEW NOLAN BEFORE HE RESIGNED!!!

It makes no sense that McDaniels would deny the Redskins permission to interview Bobby Turner to prevent a lateral move (ultimately he left with a promotion to bypass the Broncos), yet he would let Mike Nolan just walk like that for no apparent reason.

The defense was the strength of this team, and considering what Nolan did with an underwhelming amount of talent is astounding. I don't see why McDaniels would allow Nolan to move to Miami for the same position. That is preventable. I'm pinning some blame on Josh McDaniels until further notice.

D1g1tal j1m
01-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Well another awesome off-season for our Broncos.

Look, Nolan did great with what he was given and really had a hand in our 6-0 start but our defense wilted badly down the stretch. Whether it was the players actually falling back to their actual talent level or other teams figuring out the defense, we definitely fell off. We once again could not stop the run in the second half of the season and Nolan's defense couldn't come up with the answer.

Now he and McD "mutually agreed" to part ways. This is important for all the McD bashers out there. Nolan wanted out to serve as Miami's D coordinator, and it looked like he had a deal already in place before he was out the door.

Hopefully the next guy (looking like Peas) will have the scheme in place to get off and running and there will be very little "learning" of the Defense as we have taken our lumps last year in the 3-4. As we get bigger on the OL and DL, then McD will have the opportunity to have the team that he feels has the best chance to win consistently. We were in shambles before Nolan arrived and he helped to lay the foundation. Now lets see the next guy start building the fort on top of it.

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 01:28 AM
lets look at this rationaly ok
and look at his coaching moves

brought in some brilliant defensive coaches and some so so offensive coaches

releases bates the offensive cordinator who led the o to a 2nd overall ranking and was instrumental in cutlers progression....after bowlen promised he was staying on

meets with cutler...hashes it out..cutler jumps on board

releases mike leach who was cheap...never missed a snap in his entire career in denver....signs a former patriot LS and makes him the highest paid LS in the game

fails to work with ramsey...instead signs simms...making him the highest paid back up qb in the league

aleinates the 25 year old probowl qb when he tries to trade him..for a patriot backup qb, and never mans up and mends the rift..then trades him to the bears so he can bring in a average play it safe orton

team enters draft needing imediate defensive help..impact players
and drafts moreno passing on orakpo who was thought to be the best pure pass rusher in the draft

trades our 2010 1st ...down into the second round..straight up....for a cb who couldnt crack the lineup..and was beat out of the nickle by a undrafted practise squad player and a over the hill semi retired law...passing on several impact players

trades two 3rds to move up into the last pick of the 2nd for a te expected to go in the 4th or 5th rnd

refuses to talk about a new deal for marshall

starts season with a anemic offesne....great defense..all is well

defense under nolan goes from 29th to 7th...meanwhile offense declines dramaticaly

refuses to play players who could contribute

starts a 2-8 game slide...thowing players under the bus along the way

benches probowl wr then calls him out in the media

benches solid te

finishes...8-8

now the best rb coach in the league leaves
the oline coach leaves
the dc leaves
marshall will be gone
scheffler will be gone
hillis will be gone
hasnt got doom a new contract

will bailey be here in 2010?

the guy is obviously brilliant and most certainly shows great people skills in his handleing of players and staff ...you can tell by the way the players and staff want to stick around

smith49
01-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Wtf!!!!!!!!!!

Nomad
01-19-2010, 08:22 AM

You do have a humorous side bc!!:D

Yeah, I guess we could sit here writing long essays (posts...which I don't read half the time) on how we feel or what we think happened and whine with our cheese. What's done is done. I wish Bowlen would come out every now and then and let us know what's going on.

All I can say McDaniels better have his shit together because he walking on thin ice and his job is starting to warm up!!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-19-2010, 08:30 AM
If it was Nolan wanting out to go to Miami, all these people jumping off cliffs was for nothing.

No, still not for nothing. Nolan wanting to leave tells me that HE DIDN'T LIKE IT HERE. That is directly aimed at McDaniels. Another "big name" in Denver who's star could outshine McDaniels' to get rid of.

I think it was professional jealousy in all honesty. Nolan's defense was successful and McDaniels' offense wasn't. McDaniels had to remove all controversy and appearances that his DC was a better coach than he was.

;)

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 09:03 AM
No, still not for nothing. Nolan wanting to leave tells me that HE DIDN'T LIKE IT HERE. That is directly aimed at McDaniels. Another "big name" in Denver who's star could outshine McDaniels' to get rid of.

I think it was professional jealousy in all honesty. Nolan's defense was successful and McDaniels' offense wasn't. McDaniels had to remove all controversy and appearances that his DC was a better coach than he was.

;)

That's really the ONLY possible answer? Get real.

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Bring in Cowher.

Nomad
01-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Bring in Cowher.

I would take him in a heartbeat but I doubt he'd ever want to come to Denver!!

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 09:16 AM
I would take him in a heartbeat but I doubt he'd ever want to come to Denver!!

Why would you doubt that he would ever want to come to DEN!??!?
Of all the HC positions, DEN would easily be the best.

Bring in Cowher.

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Why Cowher?

Nomad
01-19-2010, 09:17 AM

Bring in Cowher.

Other than reading rumors, it seems he wants the perfect NFC gig!!

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Why Cowher?

:defense:The chin.:defense:

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 11:10 AM

Bring in Cowher.

we have no star qb...wont have a star wr...no pass catching te...no star rb...a oline in shambles that cant run block or pass protect, no dline, old cbs

why would we be a good choice

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 11:13 AM
we have no star qb...wont have a star wr...no pass catching te...no star rb...a oline in shambles that cant run block or pass protect, no dline, old cbs

why would we be a good choice

Aspen.

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Aspen.

he can see pine trees in north carolina

SOCALORADO.
01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
he can see pine trees in north carolina

his daughter is a HUGE AVS fan!!!!

Nomad
01-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Nolan is officially the DC of the Dolphins!! WOW...that was fast!

Northman
01-19-2010, 02:24 PM
The Dolphins just got a WHOLE lot better.

Nomad
01-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Can't disagree there!

MileHighCrew
01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
McD doesn need no stinking DC. He'll just use the Ask Madden feature in Madden 10. God help us

broncofaninfla
01-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Dolphins hire Nolan (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/19/dolphins-hire-nolan/)

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2010 2:07 PM ET
Yesterday at this time, Mike Nolan was the defensive coordinator of the Broncos.

Today, he's the defensive coordinator of the Dolphins.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the deal is done.

It's still not clear why Nolan and Broncos coach Josh McDaniels mutually decided to part ways. But, apparently, Nolan had a bird in the hand before he bolted from the Broncos.

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM

and probably because mcd seen a patriot without a job

i only wish josh woulda played this power trip a week ago when we coulda got romeo

CoachChaz
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Am I the only one that finds it interesting that Nolan has an offer from Miami before he even walks out the door? Talk about blind hatred

Tned-Mobile
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Has anyone been able to confirm if Nolan had been hired under a one year contract, as has been suggested? That would mean that his contract was essentially up and he was free to go, and it was just the 'timing' of his leaving that might have been moved up, or if he had one or more years left on his contract and the Broncos let him leave to take a lateral move?

topscribe
01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Has anyone been able to confirm if Nolan had been hired under a one year contract, as has been suggested? That would mean that his contract was essentially up and he was free to go, and it was just the 'timing' of his leaving that might have been moved up, or if he had one or more years left on his contract and the Broncos let him leave to take a lateral move?

I read somewhere Nolan had a two-year contract, but there was a power
struggle of sorts: Nolan wanted autonomy with the defense, but McD wanted
to be involved. So it ended there, according to what I learned.

-----

Nomad
01-19-2010, 05:02 PM

-----

Don't use anymore words I have to look up!!:D:lol:

Northman
01-19-2010, 05:03 PM

-----

Nolan should of had autonomy with the defense.

topscribe
01-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Nolan should of had autonomy with the defense.

I don't see why not.

-----

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 05:50 PM
i wonder why all the guys who say cutler was a cry baby selfish jerk that wanted out cause he didnt get his way....dont lable nolan the same?

topscribe
01-19-2010, 05:56 PM
i wonder why all the guys who say cutler was a cry baby selfish jerk that wanted out cause he didnt get his way....dont lable nolan the same?

Maybe because that was then and this is now?

Maybe because it involves two different cases?

Maybe because neither you nor anybody else knows the complete truth about either case?

Just a few possible reasons . . .

-----

arapaho2
01-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Maybe because that was then and this is now?

Maybe because it involves two different cases?

Maybe because neither you nor anybody else knows the complete truth about either case?

Just a few possible reasons . . .

-----

huh?..thats right neither me or you or anybody else knows the complete truth of the case...but again that didnt stop people from bashing cutler and villianizing him

topscribe
01-19-2010, 06:45 PM
huh?..thats right neither me or you or anybody else knows the complete truth of the case...but again that didnt stop people from bashing cutler and villianizing him

I just had to go back to look at the title to make sure this thread is about Mike Nolan . . .

-----

frauschieze
01-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I just had to go back to look at the title to make sure this thread is about Mike Nolan . . .

-----

Just like his post was. ;)

Thnikkaman
01-19-2010, 06:49 PM

what are you getting at?

topscribe
01-19-2010, 06:55 PM
what are you getting at?

Whatever it is, it smacks of off-topic . . .

-----

T.K.O.
01-19-2010, 09:06 PM

i do !:D
especially after reading this.......Report: Nolan left Denver after Dolphins sought permission to interview him
Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2010 8:06 PM ET
The sudden departure of defensive coordinator Mike Nolan from the Broncos raised plenty of eyebrows around the league.

Why would Nolan want out of Denver? And why would Broncos coach Josh McDaniels let him go?

Steve Wyche of NFL.com has some answers. But, as is often the case in matters of this nature, the answers only give rise to more questions.

Per Wyche, the Dolphins submitted to the Broncos a written request to interview Nolan. McDaniels then asked Nolan whether he prefers to be with the Broncos or the Dolphins, and Nolan chose the Dolphins.

So McDaniels and the Broncos let him walk.

nevcraw
01-23-2010, 12:30 AM

b/c Nolan is a man... has hair on his bozac..