PDA

View Full Version : Broncos story I was in

Bronco4ever
03-01-2008, 03:31 AM
http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=37542@kcnc.dayport.com

Howdy all. A small number of you might know that I attended the Broncos/Chiefs game on December 9th at Invesco Field. When I was there, my dad and I slipped down into the section where the Broncos exit out of so we could get close pictures of the players. While down there, my dad and I had the pleasure of meeting DJ's mom. She was there with a father and a son who were sold counterfeit tickets from a previous game. The video tells a lot of the story but we were told about the story from Sherrie when we were there. If you notice from the video clip, I am the guy in the red coat in the background after Stokley throws the ball up to the kid. After it happened, I scoured the internet looking for this piece, but I now just finally found it. For me, it was such a proud moment to be a fan.

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 04:00 AM
The game used items are worth big bucks on Ebay.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

Bronco4ever
03-01-2008, 04:06 AM
The game used items are worth big bucks on Ebay.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

It wouldn't be worth it to me. Much cooler to keep stuff like that. I actually have a buddy that goes to school in Ft. Collins that is friends with DJ's sister and he has a worn DJ Williams jersey. I had to leave right after the game, otherwise I would have gotten some cool stuff. I still talk to DJ's mom every once in awhile. My dad and I are gonna take her out to lunch when we go down to a Rockies game in the spring.

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 04:12 AM
It wouldn't be worth it to me. Much cooler to keep stuff like that. I actually have a buddy that goes to school in Ft. Collins that is friends with DJ's sister and he has a worn DJ Williams jersey. I had to leave right after the game, otherwise I would have gotten some cool stuff. I still talk to DJ's mom every once in awhile. My dad and I are gonna take her out to lunch when we go down to a Rockies game in the spring.

Very cool. And nice story you posted. If you are wearing the red jacket, I think I only had seen it for half a second. On the video, can you point to the time you are in it?

Remember, game worn anything is worth big bucks.:laugh:

Bronco4ever
03-01-2008, 04:20 AM
Very cool. And nice story you posted. If you are wearing the red jacket, I think I only had seen it for half a second. On the video, can you point to the time you are in it?

Remember, game worn anything is worth big bucks.:laugh:

Towards the end of the video is where I am in it. Stokley approaches the stands with a football and tosses it to a boy. The camera doesn't do a good job of getting the picture, but I'm right behind the boy with the ball. I just watched the whole thing again and you can see me at about 1:55. Crazy stuff.

BroncoBJ
03-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Damn. I cant wait til next year. I'm going to go buy some counterfit tickets. :lol: jk.
But that is a really neat story with a good ending. I was at that Broncos/Packers game too and actually had an extra ticket for that game and my dad sold it to someone. :eek:

Though were legit and dont do the counterfit deal. And the guy he sold it to was a Packers fan and it was before game 4 of the world series(the day before the MNF game). But my dad gave the guy his number and showed him his ID incase stuff went wrong and what not. :lol:

But that was a cool story. :salute:

Rex
03-01-2008, 08:28 AM
at least you wore a red coat to the Broncos Chiefs game.

nevcraw
03-01-2008, 01:50 PM
A special Congrats to your Jacket for barely being in the background of of a "feel good" news piece about people who got robbed and in return were allowed to chase players around in the bus tunnel under the stadium.

Buff
03-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Haha, everyone take it easy on the kid, he didn't look any older than 14 in the vid.

At least his heart's in the right place...

Seriously though, can the red coat next time man... Bad form.

Bronco4ever
03-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Haha, everyone take it easy on the kid, he didn't look any older than 14 in the vid.

At least his heart's in the right place...

Seriously though, can the red coat next time man... Bad form.

It was cold as all hell that day and that's all I really cared about. It has this sweet warm lining too, but I guess I didn't put much thought into the color. I didn't feel like catching hypothermia that day.

Am I the one you were calling 14? I'll admit that I have a baby face, but that's sorta young. Eh... oh well. I gotta grow out the goat so I look older.

Bronco4ever
03-01-2008, 02:32 PM
at least you wore a red coat to the Broncos Chiefs game.

It could have been a flaming pink coat that I was wearing that day for all I care. It took like an hour to defrost my feet after the game.

MOtorboat
03-01-2008, 03:16 PM
It could have been a flaming pink coat that I was wearing that day for all I care. It took like an hour to defrost my feet after the game.

Well, at least flaming pink isn't red...you know?

:elefant::elefant:

Bronco4ever
03-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, at least flaming pink isn't red...you know?

:elefant::elefant:

Point taken. I don't have a Broncos jacket that was made post-2000's, otherwise I would have been decked out in one. The Starter jackets were sooo 3rd grade. For the record, I had a Broncos shirt on.

Buff
03-01-2008, 04:34 PM
For cold weather games I just wear my Bailey jersey which is too big anyway, and layer up underneath... There's just no excuse for getting caught in the enemy's colors, not even sub-zero weather.

Bronco4ever
03-01-2008, 04:44 PM
For cold weather games I just wear my Bailey jersey which is too big anyway, and layer up underneath... There's just no excuse for getting caught in the enemy's colors, not even sub-zero weather.

I guess I'm not cut out to be the next Barrel man. :( To be honest though, I'm not a very particular guy. I don't plan ahead very well and now is the only time that I've stopped and thought "Oh shoot, I wore red the the Chiefs game." I'm told on a regular basis that I would lose my head if it wasn't attached to my neck. I think I will invest in a jersey on my 21st birthday. That should keep me from effing myself over again.

jrelway
03-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Point taken. I don't have a Broncos jacket that was made post-2000's, otherwise I would have been decked out in one. The Starter jackets were sooo 3rd grade. For the record, I had a Broncos shirt on.

everyone makes mistakes..just dont let it happen again.