PDA

View Full Version : Broncos seek to interview Bills rb coach

titan
01-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Glad they are not just looking at McD's brother

From the Denver Post:

Broncos to interview Bills RB coach
By MIKE KLIS

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has formally asked permission from the Buffalo Bills to interview their running game coordinator/running backs coach Eric Studesville.

Even though the Bills recently released their entire coaching staff, many assistants like Studesville are still under contract with the Bills and permission is still needed to interview.

Studesville would become only the Broncos’ second running backs coach in 16 years _ Bobby Turner, the Broncos’ running backs coach for the previous 15 seasons, recently left to become associate head coach for the Washington Redskins and head coach Mike Shanahan.

Prior to his six seasons with the Bills, Studesville was the New York Giants’ running backs’ coach from 2001-03. His 1,000-yard runners include Tiki Barber, Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson, who has developed from an undrafted rookie from Division III Coe in 2003. Jackson spent two years playing in indoor football leagues, and a third year in NFL Europa before getting his chance with the Bills in 2007.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/18/broncos-to-interview-bills-rb-coach/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%3A+Blo g%29

JONtheBRONCO
01-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Thats right, Coe Kohawks baby!

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Thats a good choice....

Elevation inc
01-18-2010, 12:51 PM
that guy worked wonders with fred jackson..if lynch wasnt such a tool...he would be a consistent threat as well....i like this hiring attempt...hope it pans out

HORSEPOWER 56
01-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Sounds like a good guy to interview. Hopefully it works out.

broncobryce
01-18-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd take him

Dirk
01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Not a bad choice at all. :elefant:

Lonestar
01-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Guess this will squash some of the hate for Josh.

Anyone got an over/under on that :D.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2010, 02:47 PM
From article:

Even though the Bills recently released their entire coaching staff, many assistants like Studesville are still under contract with the Bills and permission is still needed to interview.

Someone needs to explain this to me - he was released - i.e. - no longer employed by the Bills - BUT he is still under contract with the Bills, and therefore permission is still needed to interview???????? Should the Bills releasing him, not make the contract null and void??????????

T.K.O.
01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
cant go wrong with a guy named " STUDesville":beer:

Lonestar
01-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm sure while he was released that he is still being paid by BUF until his contract is over. Most of which run march to march IIRC.

I'd also guess that BUF would perfer to have him in another team outside their division if they can help it.

Ziggy
01-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Guess this will squash some of the hate for Josh.

Anyone got an over/under on that :D.

Not happening. Coach is darned if he does and darned if he doesn't.

dogfish
01-18-2010, 05:21 PM
never hearda him. . . .

they're probably just lining up some interviews in the hope it'll look less like nepotism when josh hires his brother. . . . :D

nevcraw
01-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Not happening. Coach is darned if he does and darned if he doesn't.

poor little millionaire coach McD.. he just wonders why everyone is picking on little ol him.. awww..

Medford Bronco
01-18-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm sure while he was released that he is still being paid by BUF until his contract is over. Most of which run march to march IIRC.

I'd also guess that BUF would perfer to have him in another team outside their division if they can help it.

pees in NE is up on jan 31, 2010

possibly the same here?

dogfish
01-18-2010, 07:22 PM
so, can this guy coach defense?