PDA

View Full Version : McD to be longest tenured coach in AFC West?

gobroncsnv
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
So who thinks Turner is gonna survive this? If the Boltz dump Normie-poo, Josh will be the longest tenured coach in the AFC West.

Northman
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I dont.

Dean
01-17-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't care whether Turner survives as a coach or not. I didn't mind seeing the Chargers exit the play-offs.

Either way I hope the 2010 Broncos perform well enough that Mckid isn't declared a stillbirth in Denver and we spend years trying to stabilize the program.

horsepig
01-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Sparklers blow it again! LMFAO!

dogfish
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
it's been widely reported that the sparklers were working on an extension for turkeyneck, so i'd be a bit surprised if they turned around and fired him. . . firing marty did get them a few playoff wins, but it didn't get them to the super bowl-- can they really fire another coach who got them to a top seed in the conference because the kicker is a massive choke artist?

Shazam!
01-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Dear San Diego Chargers and their arrogant fans,

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

The NY Jets?!?!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Sincerely,

Shazam

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-17-2010, 09:12 PM

The NY Jets?!?!

Sincerely,

Shazam

Win.

Broncolingus
01-17-2010, 09:15 PM

The NY Jets?!?!

Sincerely,

Shazam

GP...

I don't see SD getting rid of Turner...

JMO...

How about Wade Phillips?

gobroncsnv
01-17-2010, 09:46 PM
just that for whatever reason, Turner hasn't been able to get "the most talented team in the NFL" over the top... many coaches have been fired for less. Plus, with all of their firepower, don't know that the owners are going to think it was all about just a couple of missed field goals. We'll see.... I obviously don't (nor care to) have any kind of inside track on the Boltz, but stuff like this makes me wonder...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-17-2010, 09:50 PM
It doesn't matter who the coach is. The Chargers are a bunch of heartless posers. Granted, they own Indy, but otherwise, they just can't get it done when it counts. Regardless of the coach (wasn't this the problem w/ Marty?) they won't win w/ this group. No stones. No heart.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2010, 09:59 PM
I hope not. With Norv the Sparklers are almost guaranteed to never win anything. I like that just fine...;)

gobroncsnv
01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Well, when you have a butt head LB doing a head butt, a WR kicking a replay flag (as good as any of the kicks by Kaeding, by the way), those are the kinds of things I look at, that many times an owner will point at the coach.
And also hope that until he weeds out Phillips, Rivers, Merriman, etc, that they NEVER have success in the playoffs. Used to like the Chargers until those clowns came along.

slim
01-17-2010, 10:12 PM
It is amazing how "the most talented team in the league" can't seem to win anything.

UnderArmour
01-17-2010, 11:25 PM
It is amazing how "the most talented team in the league" can't seem to win anything.

The trips down memory lane... The media's love affair with the Chargers.
2004 - The best team to lose in the wild card round.
2005 - The best team to never make the playoffs.
2006 - The best team to not win a playoff game
2007 - The best team to lose to the New England Patriots
2008 - The best team to lose to the Super Bowl Champs
2009 - The best team to never win a Super Bowl and lose in the first round to the Jets.. Twice.

Looking forward to seeing the 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 Chargers on America's Game, Missing Rings. Have fun never winning a championship losers.

Broncolingus
01-17-2010, 11:34 PM
2009 - The best team to never win a Super Bowl and lose in the first round to the Jets.. Twice.

Looking forward to seeing the 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 Chargers on America's Game, Missing Rings. Have fun never winning a championship losers.

NS...

GP, Armor, and I was going to post something along the same lines....

Granted, Bolts have bent Denver over of late - especially in meaningful games - but I fail to see the reasoning behind annual splooge-fest's the national media has with the Bolts over the past half-decade?

Go Saints!

Shazam!
01-18-2010, 12:48 AM

Great post.

The worst thing is they're hyped up by ESPN year after year as the best team ever. Probably one reason I can't stand ESPN anymore.

Nomad
01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
SD doesn't bother me as I see some of you here :lol:...talk about getting in your heads! I would love to see them get back to their losing ways and get rid of those baby blue unis!!

All I care about is McDaniels turning the BRONCOS to their winning ways at home, winning the division and getting this team back to the playoffs!!

SOCALORADO.
01-18-2010, 10:27 AM

This happens every year now. And every year i talk a mountian of shit on every one, explaining all season long, without any hesitation, that no matter how good the sparklers look, they wont win the super bowl.

Theres a better chance that Hitler could return from deep space in a flying saucer, land on the white house lawn, step out, be welcomed by Barry, and be proclaimed leader of the universe! by all world leaders, and the world would vote him to chancellor of Earth, before the sparklers win the SB.

Some things just aint gonna ever happen.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Norv is signing an extension, and I couldn't be more THRILLED!!!

I still believe one of the best signings for the Broncos was when they fired Marty and hired Novel.

Lonestar
01-18-2010, 02:28 PM
I think they would be stupid to either fire him or resign him.

If he walks away because his contract is up so be it.

He has done nothing for the team just another marty great team in the season that stinks it up in the playoffs.

I would allow him to seek another job elsewhere in a heart beat.

In fact encourage him to do so.

Most of their players do not have a long shelf life and it is clear he can't motivate perhaps the most talented team in the NFL to win a playoff game.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 02:45 PM
The Chargers are the playoff version of the Denver Broncos regular season version.

The Broncos are a poor mans version of the San Diego Chargers.

Lonestar
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Considering that VAST difference in talent lvel between SAN and DEN comparing them is ludicrous.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Considering that VAST difference in talent lvel between SAN and DEN comparing them is ludicrous.

Other than the QB position, I don't see a ton of difference. WRs, RBs, TEs, O-line, Defense. Yep, I think it's pretty even. Their D-line is better (when their starting NT is healthy), but our secondary is better. LBs are a push. Gates is a monster, but we all know that Scheffler is a very good receiving TE when given the opportunity.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2010, 04:09 PM

It's the NFL. We're not comparing a state qualifying high school team and some other freshmen team.

There is not a VAST difference in talent, that's absurd.

Cugel
01-18-2010, 04:20 PM

The NY Jets?!?!

Sincerely,

Shazam

Pretty much sums up my reaction as well.

But, I doubt they fire him. It's just too much of a turn-around after he rallied the team to win the division again and reel off a 10 game winning streak.

As for the kicker blowing it, they would have had a BETTER chance of winning, but the defense wouldn't have been in PREVENT mode either, so you can't just assume the Chargers would have marched down the field and scored their last TD.

Cugel
01-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Other than the QB position, I don't see a ton of difference. WRs, RBs, TEs, O-line, Defense. Yep, I think it's pretty even. Their D-line is better (when their starting NT is healthy), but our secondary is better. LBs are a push. Gates is a monster, but we all know that Scheffler is a very good receiving TE when given the opportunity.

The difference in QBs is huge of course. In Rivers (much as I HATE him) they have one of the top 5 QBs in football. When Brett Favre retires, he'll move up a slot.

Outside that the teams are pretty much even.

But, of course, losing Brandon Marshall and Tony Sheffler isn't going to help the Broncos any. And next year the Chargers get Jamal Williams back at NT, while the Broncos still don't have an elite NT for their 3-4 defense.

That's their biggest defensive shortcoming.

Unfortunately, the Broncos will continue to have ZERO chance of ever winning a SB until they get a franchise QB.

This years' playoffs simply showed once again how important it is to have an elite QB:

Cardinals -- Despite Larry Fitzgerald and the WRs this is a MEDIOCRE team (or worse) without Kurt Warner. He makes them a SB contender. They actually won a playoff game despite having a HORRIBLE defense that couldn't stop anybody. Once they are forced by Warner's retirement to go with Matt Leinart they will disappear into nowhere.

Cowboys -- Tony Romo played better this season and is now generally considered a top 10 QB. The Cowboys are strong on both offense and defense, but might have trouble getting to the next level. Romo is probably not nearly as good as the other QBs on this list and the Giants and Eagles are in their division. They might not even win their division next year.

Vikings -- Brett Favre + those WRs + Adrian Peterson makes them similar to those Dallas Cowboys SB teams of the 90's. Their defense was crushing. Still they had roughly the same defense a year ago. Favre clearly makes the difference.

Colts -- Notice that Colts defense isn't a world-beater, but Manning makes up for any deficiencies. They've already won 1 championship with pretty mediocre defense and Manning, and they are a good bet to do it again this year.

Chargers -- As stated, they're pretty mediocre without Phillip Rivers.

Ravens -- Until Joe Flacco came to town they couldn't get out of their own way for years despite having a dominant defense (they even lost a home field playoff game in 2006). Billick had to get fired before they realized the crying need for an elite QB. Then they went out and drafted Flacco.

Now that they have both the only question is whether an aging Ray Lewis will last until Flacco is really experienced enough to win a championship.

Jets -- Jets might be a one-year wonder. Who knows? But Ryan has their defense playing well and they finally gave up on mediocre QBs, paid the price to move up to #4 in the draft and get Sanchez out of SC.

And he's looking like the franchise QB they haven't had since Joe Namath.

Saints -- Drew Brees makes the offense go. He's probably the #2 or #3 QB in football right now. Their defense is good, but probably NOT better a lot of other teams that aren't even in the playoffs right now (like the Eagles or Cowboys or Pats, or even the Steelers who didn't make the playoffs). Clearly the difference is Brees.

Notice all the similarities? It takes a LOT better than a "game manager" QB like Orton. Nice stats won't cut it. You need an honest to goodness ELITE franchise QB to win in this league.

And the sooner the Broncos realize this and realize that Orton will NEVER be that guy the better. :coffee: