PDA

View Full Version : Ok San Diego...

Overtime
01-17-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm rooting for ya this week (and next if you make it).

I know, I know, somewhere on this forum is a post that says I'd rather die than root for San Diego, well due to the hopelessly compromising situation of a dilemma I am currently in (no thanks to the god damn Bungles, Ravens, & Patriots for losing).

The 3 remaining AFC Teams in the playoffs are the Colts, Chargers, and Jets.

I absolutely positively despise anything to do with NY. Secondly, I hate Peyton Manning and the ******* Colts just behind the Jets/Giants/Bills.

So Dear God in heaven, I have to go against everything I stand for, and...................................

root for the Chargers. :tsk: This pains me to say this

but GO CHARGERS. Beat that NY ass and then go out to Indy and kick the living **** out of the Colts!!!!!!!

Then go on to the Super Bowl and win it all.

You ******** better not let me down or I'm gonna be pissed. Because if I have to watch a Jets or Colts team represent the AFC in the Super Bowl...I will not be a happy camper.

I'm pulling for ya San Diego...GIT 'R DUN!!!!!!!!!

Gamechanger
01-17-2010, 01:09 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2qteo2v.jpg

Skinny
01-17-2010, 02:04 AM
J

E

T

S

Jets!

Jets!

Jets!

Poet
01-17-2010, 02:13 AM
You're a dirty, dirty whore. :tsk:

Overtime
01-17-2010, 02:13 AM
J

E

T

S

Jets!

Jets!

Jets!

yeah you can do a nose dive off the Royal Gorge bridge without a parachute or a bungee cord.

:coffee:

Overtime
01-17-2010, 02:14 AM
You're a dirty, dirty whore. :tsk:

i know, i've been reduced to picking the lesser of three evils. :tsk:

Poet
01-17-2010, 02:21 AM
i know, i've been reduced to picking the lesser of three evils. :tsk:

I just don't get how one of your biggest rivals is the lesser of those evils?

gnomeflinger
01-17-2010, 02:24 AM
I have my Philip Rivers voodoo doll primed and ready for tomorrow.

pumpdoc
01-17-2010, 02:26 AM
I got the feeling it won't be even close tomorrow, and then on to Indy where we've had a good time as of late.

Poet
01-17-2010, 02:29 AM
I got the feeling it won't be even close tomorrow, and then on to Indy where we've had a good time as of late.

I can't lie, I loathe your team. That being said, I loathe Rex Ryan more than I loathe Rivers. Probably not as much as I hate Merriman, though.

However, the Jets did beat my team, and my bitter hatred because of that causes me to root for your boys.

Overtime
01-17-2010, 02:53 AM
I just don't get how one of your biggest rivals is the lesser of those evils?

my hatred for the Colts and Jets runs deeper.

Poet
01-17-2010, 02:58 AM
my hatred for the Colts and Jets runs deeper.

I guess, I just don't see how you can hate either of those teams more than bitter divisional rivals?

Overtime
01-17-2010, 03:02 AM
just the way it is.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2010, 09:08 AM
"Go **** yourself San Diego!"

-Ron Burgundy

Go Jets! :cool:

BroncoJoe
01-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I would much rather see the Jets or Colts win than San Diego.

Plus, I just don't get the Manning hate. Don't get it.

Nomad
01-17-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm actually excited for this game!!

I don't get all the hate for SD. They're a solid football team fun to watch. The BRONCOS have been Manning's whipping boy longer than River's...both guys are solid QBs that make plays!! It won't phase me either way whether the Chargers/Jets win , but I want to see some quality football and no blowouts.

shank
01-17-2010, 11:46 AM

I know, I know, somewhere on this forum is a post that says I'd rather die than root for San Diego, well due to the hopelessly compromising situation of a dilemma I am currently in (no thanks to the god damn Bungles, Ravens, & Patriots for losing).

I absolutely positively despise anything to do with NY. Secondly, I hate Peyton Manning and the ******* Colts just behind the Jets/Giants/Bills.

So Dear God in heaven, I have to go against everything I stand for, and...................................

but GO CHARGERS. Beat that NY ass and then go out to Indy and kick the living **** out of the Colts!!!!!!!

You ******** better not let me down or I'm gonna be pissed. Because if I have to watch a Jets or Colts team represent the AFC in the Super Bowl...I will not be a happy camper.

http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/images/2009/12/invalid.jpg

topscribe
01-17-2010, 12:09 PM
I will never root for the dolts . . . :tsk:

-----

LordTrychon
01-17-2010, 12:11 PM

Just jealousy.

topscribe
01-17-2010, 12:13 PM

A BroncoJoe sighting! :shocked:

Good to see ya! :beer:

-----

Biz1
01-17-2010, 01:08 PM
I will never root for the dolts . . . :tsk:

-----

I was waiting for this thread, as you may know I spent 2 years on Chargers.com. San Diego has the MOST fair-weathered(worse than South Florida)fans in the NFL. The city of San Diego cannot even figure out how to build a new stadium, hence no Superbowls since former commissioner Pete Rozelle(yep, it's been that long)put a moratorium on that town.

Go Jets!:D

frauschieze
01-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I guess, I just don't see how you can hate either of those teams more than bitter divisional rivals?

San Diego, bitter divisional rival? :spit:

The Sparklers are still the red headed stepchild of the division. They may be the current competition, but a bitter divisional rival they are not. They were irrelevant for far too long to have the animosity built up required for that kind of hatred.

Poet
01-17-2010, 01:55 PM
San Diego, bitter divisional rival? :spit:

The Sparklers are still the red headed stepchild of the division. They may be the current competition, but a bitter divisional rival they are not. They were irrelevant for far too long to have the animosity built up required for that kind of hatred.

I guess, but haven't they (not trying to talk smack to you) basically raped and pillaged your team for most of this decade.

Broncolingus
01-17-2010, 02:06 PM

I'm of the exact same logic, just different teams.

Despise east/west coast teams, but cannot for the life of me pull for a team with Rivers, Merry-man (wonder if he'll come clean about his roid abuse), and now - especially after that ghey video - LT.

Saints are the only team left I am really pulling for anyway so - painfully - go Jets.

(...I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...)

frauschieze
01-17-2010, 02:07 PM
I guess, but haven't they (not trying to talk smack to you) basically raped and pillaged your team for most of this decade.

Actually, no they haven't. From 2000-2009, we've won 11, they've won 9. They've shellacked us in the latter half of the decade and we shellacked them in the middle. Even in the last two years, we've split with them.

I'm not rooting for them by any means. I'd rather any other team win than them, but I still don't consider them on par with the Raiders or the Chiefs as far as rivals go.

Nomad
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Actually, no they haven't. From 2000-2009, we've won 11, they've won 9. They've shellacked us in the latter half of the decade and we shellacked them in the middle. Even in the last two years, we've split with them.

I'm not rooting for them by any means. I'd rather any other team win than them, but I still don't consider them on par with the Raiders or the Chiefs as far as rivals go.

Can't disagree with ya! Some reason the Chargers do not phase me as the Raiders do!! Maybe if I grew with the team from the beginning, I would think differently like topscribe does!!

I know I'm in a minority but other than LT (don't like him), I find the Chargers fun to watch except when they dismantle the BRONCOS!!

MasterShake
01-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Can't disagree with ya! Some reason the Chargers do not phase me as the Raiders do!! Maybe if I grew with the team from the beginning, I would think differently like topscribe does!!

I know I'm in a minority but other than LT (don't like him), I find the Chargers fun to watch except when they dismantle the BRONCOS!!

I kind of agree with you. I never have the disdain for the Chargers as I do for the Chiefs and Raiders. I would like to see the Chargers and the Saints in the Superbowl just to have some different teams in there. But if that happened, I would definitely want the Saints to win because I have many friends in New Orleans.

Biz1
01-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Chargers are still using an old disco version from the 70's. Are you kidding me?

Powder puff blue uniforms and this?

CDiCxhtGMhc

Broncolingus
01-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I kind of agree with you. I never have the disdain for the Chargers as I do for the Chiefs and Raiders. I would like to see the Chargers and the Saints in the Superbowl just to have some different teams in there. But if that happened, I would definitely want the Saints to win because I have many friends in New Orleans.

I did not grow up hating the Bolts...although, Wivers, Merry-man, and now LT have made that possible - so have the annual asskickings we have taken as well.

...always hated the Raiders (well, if anyone EVERY liked the Bronc's, that MUST be a given).

...dont really know if I ever 'hated' the Chefs per sey, vice that Monday night game where Derrick Thomas committed those 3 personal fouls, but aways considered them more of just a rival.

Nomad
01-17-2010, 02:26 PM

True! Yeah, if it came to this I'd have to root for (as girler says) Nawlins!!
My family is all over the state of Louisiana but I grew up in the Lake Charles area!!

sanluis
01-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Just stopping in to say hey and Go Chargers!! Jets should be a huge test I hope we are ready for their run attack.

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

MasterShake
01-17-2010, 02:37 PM
I did not grow up hating the Bolts...although, Wivers, Merry-man, and now LT have made that possible - so have the annual asskickings we have taken as well.

...always hated the Raiders (well, if anyone EVERY liked the Bronc's, that MUST be a given).

...dont really know if I ever 'hated' the Chefs per sey, vice that Monday night game where Derrick Thomas committed those 3 personal fouls, but aways considered them more of just a rival.

The Chargers kicking our ass is pretty recent, as Frau pointed out earlier we own the record over the decade. I don't like Merriman either, but I would take Rivers as a QB in a heartbeat. The last two years we just caught the Chargers as they were surging towards the post season and we were falling on our asses. Thats not a reason to hate a team, thats a reason to wish your team was more like THEM. Given the choice of starting 6-0 or rattling of 10 in a row to finish a season (or whatever ungodly record they had) I'll take the latter.

Whereas the Chiefs and Raiders I just hate for no reason other than they have always been historically more of our rivals, the Chargers are the kind of competition within our division that makes us be a better team. Next year, I hope the Chiefs and Raiders are once again bottom feeders and the Chargers and Broncos are fighting for the West until December. I still think our two teams our the class of the division for the next few seasons, and some healthy competition instead of unfounded hatred (ie Raiders and Chiefs) will make us a better team. My favorite win this year was still the win AT San Diego.

Broncolingus
01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
The Chargers kicking our ass is pretty recent, as Frau pointed out earlier we own the record over the decade. I don't like Merriman either, but I would take Rivers as a QB in a heartbeat. The last two years we just caught the Chargers as they were surging towards the post season and we were falling on our asses. Thats not a reason to hate a team, thats a reason to wish your team was more like THEM. Given the choice of starting 6-0 or rattling of 10 in a row to finish a season (or whatever ungodly record they had) I'll take the latter.

Whereas the Chiefs and Raiders I just hate for no reason other than they have always been historically more of our rivals, the Chargers are the kind of competition within our division that makes us be a better team. Next year, I hope the Chiefs and Raiders are once again bottom feeders and the Chargers and Broncos are fighting for the West until December. I still think our two teams our the class of the division for the next few seasons, and some healthy competition instead of unfounded hatred (ie Raiders and Chiefs) will make us a better team. My favorite win this year was still the win AT San Diego.

All is good Shake...win at SD was great this year (wish we would've repeated at Inves-caa).

...and, I'm just gonna go ahead and still keep hating the bolts.

Go Jets (at least this week)!

MasterShake
01-17-2010, 03:09 PM
All is good Shake...win at SD was great this year (wish we would've repeated at Inves-caa).

...and, I'm just gonna go ahead and still keep hating the bolts.

Go Jets (at least this week)!

Don't get me wrong, if the Broncos are involved the Chargers can go straight to hell for all I care! :lol:

And if the Jets win, I won't lose any sleep. The only NY team I hate is the Giants. I think I hate Pittsburgh more than San Diego, though...

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Chargers are still using an old disco version from the 70's. Are you kidding me?

Powder puff blue uniforms and this?

CDiCxhtGMhc

That song alone makes me want to vomit, then recover my senses and burn down the Sparklers' Stadium.

ursamajor
01-17-2010, 06:32 PM
http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/images/2009/12/invalid.jpg

I was always partial to this one

http://yourargumentisinvalid.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/node/montoyargu.png

topscribe
01-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Just stopping in to say hey and Go Chargers!! Jets should be a huge test I hope we are ready for their run attack.

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

neg rep :D

-----

gnomeflinger
01-17-2010, 07:17 PM

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

:ban:

Broncolingus
01-17-2010, 07:19 PM

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

http://www.wordforge.net/images/smilies/CurlyBill.jpg

Biz1
01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Buh Bye Bolts!

MasterShake
01-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Ok, despite what I said about a Chargers/Saints Superbowl I must say I am enjoying the way they are losing! :lol:

Overtime
01-17-2010, 07:58 PM
sonuvabitch....way to go Chargers. :tsk:

Watchthemiddle
01-17-2010, 07:58 PM
1 AND DONE!!!

Great game Phyllis.....:laugh::laugh:

Northman
01-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Tough break Sal, Northern, and Bolo. But here's the good news. Turner got an extension! :)

weazel
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
i got the feeling it won't be even close tomorrow, and then on to indy where we've had a good time as of late.

lmfao!

topscribe
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Tough break Sal, Northern, and Bolo. But here's the good news. Turner got an extension! :)

:congrats:

Now, if only Cable can keep his job . . .

-----

Poet
01-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Man, this sucks. I really hate the Jets. Like, really, really, really, really hate them. I thought they were a fluke.

This proves how deep the NFL really is. Think about it, the Colts had them beat and pulled their starters and it allowed them to get into the playoffs and they punch out a physical team like Cincinnati and then do a good job against an offensive juggernaut in San Diego.

**** me. Maybe their team really is that good.

Devilspawn
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
:congrats:

Now, if only Cable can keep his job . . .

-----
If he's smart enough to start JaMarcus in Mile High, I'm all for it. :shocked:

Medford Bronco
01-17-2010, 09:16 PM

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

I feel bad for you as you are one of the best bar none. You are not fair weathered at all..

That game was a trainwreck.

Rivers looked like Cuter with the pick from the end zone:shocked:

oh well. sorry my friend.

Medford Bronco
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM
If he's smart enough to start JaMarcus in Mile High, I'm all for it. :shocked:

:lol:

Tom Cable Car

ugh:lol:

Shazam!
01-17-2010, 09:21 PM
This is just too funny.

Medford Bronco
01-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Man, this sucks. I really hate the Jets. Like, really, really, really, really hate them. I thought they were a fluke.

This proves how deep the NFL really is. Think about it, the Colts had them beat and pulled their starters and it allowed them to get into the playoffs and they punch out a physical team like Cincinnati and then do a good job against an offensive juggernaut in San Diego.

**** me. Maybe their team really is that good.

I agree with you said.

The Jets are so 1955 to me (exaggeration but you get my drift)

Sanchez threw for 100 yards and won:tsk:

yes a great D I know but SD blew it as well

Keading missed to very makable Fgs. Rivers did his Cutler impersonation with the pick out of the end zone. he was not pressured an just threw a terrible ball.

BroncoJoe
01-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha

inhale

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Damn, my day just got 100 times better! Thanks Sparklers! I knew I could count on you to remain the greatest team to never win anything!

:salute::elefant::lol:

Devilspawn
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
What hurt the Chargers more is the lack of a running game. The ONLY time that works is if your team puts up 24+ points. It would've hurt the Vikings today, but Favre threw 4 TDs. It would've hurt the Saints, but they couldn't be denied when they touched the ball.

You can be a great QB and all, and Rivers is, but if you can't score points when you're team isn't moving the ball on the ground, you lose. Plain and simple. Well at least in the playoffs, because the Chargers did a heck of a job all year of winning without running.

All the Jets had to do was play it close, take their shot at miscues and let Rivers beat them. I was frustrated in the beginning with babying Sanchez, but it was smart. It gave him a comfortable rhythm where they could afford to at least take a shot. And they had the chance, since they stuck with the run.

20+ points every game this season, but only 14 tonight. No fluke. The Jets are for real.

Broncolingus
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Where is SanLuis?

Has he been back yet?

BroncoJoe
01-17-2010, 09:47 PM

inhale

slim
01-17-2010, 09:47 PM
I am smiling right now.

topscribe
01-17-2010, 10:42 PM

Nah, you have the wrong impression of me.

I dislike the Chargers . . . okay, hate.

I despise the Raiders! :mad:

-----

WVUnBroncosfanJim
01-17-2010, 10:59 PM
It's been a while since I've been at these forums; needless to say, I'm going to weigh in on the whole Chargers deal that seems to be going on inside this thread:

I absolutely, positively despite, detest and hate the Chargers as much as I do the Raiders and Steelers. I will never root for either of those three teams. If two of those teams are playing each other, it's usually an indication to find something else to watch or play some Madden.

The reason for my Sparklers hatred is because of one man: Phil Rivers. Yes, that mouthy d-bag. On Christmas Eve 2007, I was watching that infamous game and that was my first exposure to the Marmalard known as Rivers. Just running his yap for no good reason.

Never in my life will I EVER root for those three teams.

Needless to say, I was cheering LOUD for the Jets today! I gotta admit, Rex Ryan knows what he's doing... gotta respect a man for the $#1t he says, then goes out there and backs it up. (Plus, having a top-ranked defense doesn't hurt either.) Some of my friends just cannot understand why I hate the Chargers so much. I tell them: Check the divisional lineups!

I'll be honest, I've said some very awful things about Phil Rivers, and I don't regret it either. He is one player I truly despise and hope to never see succeed. Besides, I'm waiting for the day when he gets called for intentional grounding due to lack of arm strength.

Anyway, I'll step off of my soapbox and find some other places in this forum to post in.

(throws flaming bag of poo at a Chargers fan.)

Broncolingus
01-17-2010, 11:43 PM
It's been a while since I've been at these forums; needless to say, I'm going to weigh in on the whole Chargers deal that seems to be going on inside this thread:

I absolutely, positively despite, detest and hate the Chargers as much as I do the Raiders and Steelers. I will never root for either of those three teams. If two of those teams are playing each other, it's usually an indication to find something else to watch or play some Madden.

The reason for my Sparklers hatred is because of one man: Phil Rivers. Yes, that mouthy d-bag. On Christmas Eve 2007, I was watching that infamous game and that was my first exposure to the Marmalard known as Rivers. Just running his yap for no good reason.

Never in my life will I EVER root for those three teams.

Needless to say, I was cheering LOUD for the Jets today! I gotta admit, Rex Ryan knows what he's doing... gotta respect a man for the $#1t he says, then goes out there and backs it up. (Plus, having a top-ranked defense doesn't hurt either.) Some of my friends just cannot understand why I hate the Chargers so much. I tell them: Check the divisional lineups!

I'll be honest, I've said some very awful things about Phil Rivers, and I don't regret it either. He is one player I truly despise and hope to never see succeed. Besides, I'm waiting for the day when he gets called for intentional grounding due to lack of arm strength.

Anyway, I'll step off of my soapbox and find some other places in this forum to post in.

(throws flaming bag of poo at a Chargers fan.)

GP, Jim...nothing you said is wrong or incorrect.

Recommendation - go a head and hate Merry-man too (obvious reasons), as well as LT (see 'LT is a Queer' thread for why) whom I used to respect, but no longer...

Good luck...

Devilspawn
01-18-2010, 12:13 AM
I just don't get the hatred for Philip Rivers. People call it trash talking. I call it competitive fire. Oh well.

Poet
01-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I just don't get the hatred for Philip Rivers. People call it trash talking. I call it competitive fire. Oh well.

I had no problem with him until he started doing it to the fans. I remember him walking over to fans and just screaming at them.

He's a professional player, they're fans.

weazel
01-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Where is SanLuis?

Has he been back yet?

I would give him a day or two... he will be here, he's stand up dude.

we gotta bust his balls, cause thats what we do, and he expects it.

Shazam!
01-18-2010, 12:57 AM
SD fans deserve to get sliced and diced. They've become so insufferable and arrogant. It's not like the Chargers were the Patriots or Colts coming off unbelieveable Super Bowls. SD's never won shit, they're pathetic.

When the Broncos were the kings of the NFL (I know it was a while ago but it happened at least, unlike SD) I was an arrogant ***** of a fan to other fans, but Denver was the best, they were Champions with one of the greatest QBs ever. SD ain't shit.

All those AFCW titles and playoff appearances mean nothing when you have nothing to show for it. Eventually, now sooner than later, even if it isn't Denver, another AFCW team will come up on top. It all happens in cycles. SD can't keep blowing opportunities. It will bite them in the ass.

**** 'em anyway. Let 'em rot.

WVUnBroncosfanJim
01-18-2010, 09:17 AM
GP, Jim...nothing you said is wrong or incorrect.

Recommendation - go a head and hate Merry-man too (obvious reasons), as well as LT (see 'LT is a Queer' thread for why) whom I used to respect, but no longer...

Good luck...

Whew! God forbid I leave Merriwomane out... if memory serves me correctly, he's from Roid-U aka Maryland. I guess it was LIGHTS OUT for him yesterday... haha. I read a quote on a sports blog yesterday that summed up the Sparklers' situation:

The Chargers are like the Tila Tequila of the NFL, always in the news but you know it's going to end in tragedy. With Merriman involved with both, makes it extra sweet- kinda like sprinkles on an ice cream cone.\

And, lord yes, LT is indeed a queer... he had a major part in what I've termed the "SD Style Electric Choke."

Broncolingus
01-18-2010, 09:26 AM

He seems like a good dude, but you're right --- his cajones (or Ka-Jones if really correct) need some busting.

Shazam!
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Eli Manning- Won a Super Bowl.

Drew Brees- In a Championship Game.

Phillip Rivers and the Chargers home- Priceless.

Biz1
01-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Turner was out coached by Buddy Ryan's son Rex yesterday. The Jets run a variation of the old Chicago Bear 46 D of the 80's. They even hired Doug Plank(former safety in that 46 defense)to run the secondary in NY.

Norv Turner could not make adjustments during the course of the game, he always gets out coached in the playoffs and belongs with his brother Ron...unemployed.

GEM
01-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Yep....SanLuis is one of the classiest Sparkler fans out there. He doesn't come and go with the up's and down's of his team. Now...the one we need to see BOU. He is definitely classy, but he's arrogant about his team. I wonder when he'll show up. :D

Gamechanger
01-18-2010, 12:45 PM
the lulz is strong here

topscribe
01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Where is SanLuis?

Has he been back yet?

Yep....SanLuis is one of the classiest Sparkler fans out there. He doesn't come and go with the up's and down's of his team. Now...the one we need to see BOU. He is definitely classy, but he's arrogant about his team. I wonder when he'll show up. :D

The only way I feel any regret whatsoever over the SD loss is for our friend
SanLuis. He's got to be feeling pretty crushed right now . . .

-----

Northman
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM

I think early on in his career Phyllis was definitely immature and a huge trash talker. But the last couple of years the guy has toned it down and i agree with you about his competitive fire. But, if there's one guy i just cannot stand is Phillips. He talks so much junk its just pitiful. Even yesterday he was jawing at Sanchez before the game was even over. I wonder if he felt disrespected by Ryan before the game? :lol:

topscribe
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM
I think early on in his career Phyllis was definitely immature and a huge trash talker. But the last couple of years the guy has toned it down and i agree with you about his competitive fire. But, if there's one guy i just cannot stand is Phillips. He talks so much junk its just pitiful. Even yesterday he was jawing at Sanchez before the game was even over. I wonder if he felt disrespected by Ryan before the game? :lol:

It is sooo good to see Phillips lose . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

broncobryce
01-18-2010, 01:23 PM
That's why they're the sparklers. They burn bright for a short time but sizzle out just when you think they are actually going to do something. Two things I love watching. A Denver win and a sparklers loss. This makes my offseason.

Poet
01-18-2010, 01:32 PM
I think it's funny that a guy like Rivers replaced a guy like Brees.

GEM
01-21-2010, 12:14 PM
I think it's funny that a guy like Rivers replaced a guy like Brees.

Those are both pretty good choices though. I wish Denver had the chance to have that choice. Just being honest. I hate Rivers with a passion, but I'd probably love this ish out of him if he were in orange and blue.

CoachChaz
01-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Those are both pretty good choices though. I wish Denver had the chance to have that choice. Just being honest. I hate Rivers with a passion, but I'd probably love this ish out of him if he were in orange and blue.

I can relate. In my neck of the woods i spend every weekend hoping for Tony Romo to fial and the fans ride his ass every time he does ANYTHING.

All the while, I know damn well, I'd trade Orton, Simms, Brandstater and probably a little bit more to get Romo in Denver

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
I can relate. In my neck of the woods i spend every weekend hoping for Tony Romo to fial and the fans ride his ass every time he does ANYTHING.

All the while, I know damn well, I'd trade Orton, Simms, Brandstater and probably a little bit more to get Romo in Denver

Really? You're talking about the romo who has a team STACKED with talent and has nothing to show? The guy who didn't get ONE offer from a big boy college program? The guy who didn't get drafted? I'd take flacco, shaub, hell i'd take sanchez over romo. But I trust your professional opinion alot more than mine, as far as i've seen you know the game in and out but I never thought romo was very good.

Biz1
01-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Really? You're talking about the romo who has a team STACKED with talent and has nothing to show? The guy who didn't get ONE offer from a big boy college program? The guy who didn't get drafted? I'd take flacco, shaub, hell i'd take sanchez over romo. But I trust your professional opinion alot more than mine, as far as i've seen you know the game in and out but I never thought romo was very good.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-sports/20100119/FBN.Chargers.Turner.Contract/

I realize this is old news by now, but what in the hell were they thinking?

Poet
01-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Rivers is behind Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and maybe Kurt Warner in the NFL right now. He's a stud and I think he's a special player. I can't lie that he's a great QB.

topscribe
01-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Rivers is behind Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and maybe Kurt Warner in the NFL right now. He's a stud and I think he's a special player. I can't lie that he's a great QB.

Rivers is good, but great?

Great is Montana, Unitas, Starr, Elway, probably Manning by now.

Good, yes. Great? Nope. Not yet. Maybe never. :coffee:

-----

topscribe
01-21-2010, 05:17 PM

Romo will have to become much more consistent for me to consider him that good . . .

-----

GEM
01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Rivers is good, but great?

Great is Montana, Unitas, Starr, Elway, probably Manning by now.

Good, yes. Great? Nope. Not yet. Maybe never. :coffee:

-----

It's hard to compare a guy with 3 years in the league to those guys. He's played great since his start. Not being able to foresee the future has no bearings on the impact he's made since starting. Right now....he is a great player. Right now, he has the stats to back that up. 10 years down the line, great might not fit so we have to preach on what we see now.

Sticking up for Rivers....throwing up a little bit in my mouth. :lol:

topscribe
01-21-2010, 10:48 PM
It's hard to compare a guy with 3 years in the league to those guys. He's played great since his start. Not being able to foresee the future has no bearings on the impact he's made since starting. Right now....he is a great player. Right now, he has the stats to back that up. 10 years down the line, great might not fit so we have to preach on what we see now.

Sticking up for Rivers....throwing up a little bit in my mouth. :lol:

Actually, Rivers has been in the league for six years. And no, he has not
played "great" since the start. If he can maintain for a few more years his
level of the last two years, and guide his team to a championship or two, then
maybe he can eek into the "great" category.

But as it stands, I would be loathe to mention him in the same breath as
Manning or Brady, let alone the illuminati of yore . . .

-----

GEM
01-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Actually, Rivers has been in the league for six years. And no, he has not
played "great" since the start. If he can maintain for a few more years his
level of the last two years, and guide his team to a championship or two, then
maybe he can eek into the "great" category.

But as it stands, I would be loathe to mention him in the same breath as
Manning or Brady, let alone the illuminati of yore . . .

-----

We can agree to disagree. Honestly...how can you stick up for Orton to the degree you do and then tell me that Rivers isn't a great player in today's NFL?

Poet
01-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Top, I would argue that Rivers is a great player in his time (now) and those players were the greats (and better) of all-time.

Shazam!
01-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Rivers is a ****ing ****** and the Chargers suck big ****.

There!

MasterShake
01-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Rivers is a ****ing ****** and the Chargers suck big ****.

There!

If there is one thing I treasure about your posting style, I'd have to say its the subtlety.

You sir, are a poet among barbarians.