02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
just got a text from cbs.

FINALLY some good news:lol:

Medford Bronco
02-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Now he can go miss tackles for another team. :lol:

claymore
02-29-2008, 04:55 PM
God yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day!

Rex
02-29-2008, 04:56 PM
And you guys thought there was no good news coming today.

shank
02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
this makes us less bad, but not better, so i'm still eager to see us make some sort of move that makes us a better team.

topscribe
02-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Well, I'm glad he's gone. But I have to give him his due.

He was a good linebacker for us for a few years.

-----

Bronco4ever
02-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Addition by subtraction. Good news.

shank
02-29-2008, 05:07 PM

He was a good linebacker for us a few years ago.

-----

i agree, but still corrected your post.:beer:

Medford Bronco
02-29-2008, 05:09 PM
He was never the same since Al Wilson left and neither was the rest of the defense
for that matter.

God I wish Al would come back and be healthy

Shanny should :call2:about Al

Drill-N-Fill
02-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Addition by Subtraction. Gotta love it.

shank
02-29-2008, 05:11 PM
He was never the same since Al Wilson left and neither was the rest of the defense
for that matter.

God I wish Al would come back and be healthy

Shanny should :call2:about Al

has there been no official word of how al did at his physical? i haven't heard a peep about him since the lions cooled on his services... maybe he failed?

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 05:12 PM
And DC doesn't think there's a GOD!!!

Stargazer
02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

G_Money
02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
"In the 3rd round, the Broncos select Wesley Woodyard, linebacker, Kentucky..."

~G

shank
02-29-2008, 05:15 PM

~G

"In the 3rd round, the Broncos sit quietly waiting until they have a draft selection..."

:D

Bronco4ever
02-29-2008, 05:16 PM

~G

Where is that 3rd round pick coming from? Or is this an elaborate dream that you felt like confessing?

G_Money
02-29-2008, 05:48 PM
You really think Mike is gonna sit with 6 selections in rounds 4-7 and 2 in the first 3? He'll trade a bunch of selections + 1 from next year to get back into the 2nd or 3rd round, if he can't trade down in the 1st to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

We'll have one.

~G

SmilinAssasSin27
02-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I concur. This draft is deep at some of the spots we need most. Getting 3-4 very solid additions on day 1 would go far in getting us ready for the future.

JONtheBRONCO
02-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Darn.

#1bmarshfan
02-29-2008, 06:37 PM
well were gonna go 5-11 this year the raiders will finish above us xand brandon marshall wont wanna stay neither will dummervil well were at the bottom of the barrel now...

underrated29
02-29-2008, 06:39 PM
well were gonna go 5-11 this year the raiders will finish above us xand brandon marshall wont wanna stay neither will dummervil well were at the bottom of the barrel now...

Ok javon.

werent you realesed today?

GEM
02-29-2008, 06:40 PM

Doom & gloom, the world is over! Guess what....

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance. :D

Superchop 7
02-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Both Dt's and the fullback we need will go in the 3rd.

If Foxy goes, we will be compensated with a 3rd round pick.

I pray to God that we don't lose Paymah though. (He was lights out at the end of the season)

4th round is a problem for us and our needs, whatever it takes to get 3 picks in the 3rd needs to be done.

frauschieze
02-29-2008, 06:53 PM

We are at the bottom of the barrel now because we released Ian Gold? Did you watch any Broncos games last year? Man, you could at least wait to drown in your misery until after camp.

BOSSHOGG30
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I know it would be nice to see Denver add at least one good free agent, but Denver is playing it very smart.... if you haven't noticed a lot of these guys being signed are getting huge pay days. Denver is doing a great job by waiting and saving some valuable dollars. Remember, we have to lock up guys like Brandon Marshall. If we go out and get too far in invested in free agents we will lose the talent we found in the draft.

Tned
02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
this makes us less bad, but not better, so i'm still eager to see us make some sort of move that makes us a better team.

Less bad if he is replaced with someone better.

gobroncsnv
02-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Gold is better now that he's gone. Top is right, he was great to watch in his FIRST stint here, but we really gained nothing by resigning him.
We are indeed watching on the sidelines while some of the better free agents that we could REALLY use are going elsewhere. Not necessarily talking about Rogers, but am talking about the DT position.
Honest question, what options do we have in the DAFT if we don't trade up to get Ellis or Dorsey? I just can't see us doing that, but who is left out there on the draft boards to fill our without a doubt greatest need?

shank
02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Less bad if he is replaced with someone better.

i'll stick with what i said originally...

the release of gold alone makes us less bad. adding new talent is what will make us better.

#1bmarshfan
02-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I know it would be nice to see Denver add at least one good free agent, but Denver is playing it very smart.... if you haven't noticed a lot of these guys being signed are getting huge pay days. Denver is doing a great job by waiting and saving some valuable dollars. Remember, we have to lock up guys like Brandon Marshall. If we go out and get too far in invested in free agents we will lose the talent we found in the draft.

whats the point... why would brandon marshall wanna stay if we can stop anyone thhere for making his touchdowns uselessan d im not just mad cause of ian gold cause shaun rogers got traded for a 34\rd and 5th we had that and johnathan vilma for a 4th we couldve gothtat WTf i hope mike shannan gets fired he a douche

shank
02-29-2008, 07:50 PM
whats the point... why would brandon marshall wanna stay if we can stop anyone thhere for making his touchdowns uselessan d im not just mad cause of ian gold cause shaun rogers got traded for a 34\rd and 5th we had that and johnathan vilma for a 4th we couldve gothtat WTf i hope mike shannan gets fired he a douche

anyone here speak 'unintelligible?'

xzn
02-29-2008, 07:52 PM

This post is a good example of the perils of sniffing airplane glue and sniffing paint chips....

frauschieze
02-29-2008, 07:53 PM

Whoa, dude. We don't even know what the final 53-man roster will look like yet. It's a bit....premature.....to say that everything is lost. The draft is a little less than 2 months away. And who knows what will happen at mini camp and then training camp. We are months away from knowing ANYTHING.

Come down off the ledge. Or jump off the bandwagon. Pick one or the other.

Dreadnought
02-29-2008, 08:23 PM

Thank you! the voice of reason! Let these guys slip on by, please. There's been nobody signed by anybody we can't do without.

Dreadnought
02-29-2008, 08:25 PM

Thats just flat out too silly for further comment.

Superchop 7
02-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Teams are built through the draft......

You gotta buy into that philosophy, it is the truth.

Your chances of losing your ass in free agency are huge.

Granted, there are guys like Kearney last year or Faneca and Moss this year who have earned their payday.

The rest......just names.....beat up......wore out.

We will be fine, we have talent.

Hoshdude7
02-29-2008, 08:47 PM

Ihad4cookiesthenIateonenowIhave3
andimakelovetopurpleelephants :elefant::elefant:

champbronc2
02-29-2008, 08:48 PM

He was a good linebacker for us for a few years.

-----

He was.

But not so great recently.

I was hoping to get something though in a trade.

Astrass
02-29-2008, 09:46 PM
just got a text from cbs.

FINALLY some good news:lol:

that sucks. I was hoping for at least a draft pick for him.

broncosfanscott
02-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Ihad4cookiesthenIateonenowIhave3
andimakelovetopurpleelephants :elefant::elefant:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

atwater27
02-29-2008, 11:16 PM
anyone here speak 'unintelligible?'

I am familiar with jwalkese, but I am embarassed to speak it in public.

Scarface
03-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Ian Gold to the Dolphins?

Acquired defensive tackle Jason Ferguson from the Dallas Cowboys for undisclosed future draft picks; signed wide receiver Ernest Wilford, linebacker Ian Gold and tight end Sean Ryan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

NameUsedBefore
03-01-2008, 01:31 AM
I haven't been on those boards for awhile, but I'm assuming um, Mat'hir G'an or whatever is taking a lot of flak right now :lol:

I like this release, though. Ian Gold lost his edge about two years ago, 'bout time he got outta here.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Well the Dolphins went from 5-11 after their signings to like 3-13 now. Ian will lose them two games.

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 02:18 AM
Gold in a 34? How many LB's is Bill bringing in?