PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, I'll miss Javon if he goes . . .

topscribe
02-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Much has been said about Walker's attitude and all.

Lest we forget how good he is, here is a little tidbit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8TpueYgXQ

-----

HolyDiver
02-29-2008, 01:25 PM

-----

He's a very talented WR, that's for sure................Sounds liek there is no way he stays though.

silkamilkamonico
02-29-2008, 01:27 PM
I'll miss Walker.

I hated the trade for him, and he won me over about 7 games into the following season.

Dude is a big asset and playmaker when he's healthy, and I wish Denver would have taken that chance on him being healthy this year.

turftoad
02-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I like Walker too. A healthy Walker with Marshall, Stokley and Scheff would have been great.

claymore
02-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Ill miss the plays, not the person.

G_Money
02-29-2008, 02:00 PM
If I was guaranteed to get the plays from him, I would be happy to have him stay.

Shaky knee situation + Shaky head and heart situation + DUMPTRUCK FULL of money owed = have a nice time in some future city, Javon. Ask Lelie how that's working out for him.

I can't afford to have Javon pouting his way through another season. If Marshall's The Guy then Javon would have to take a back seat, and he'll apparently do that for nobody. He could always earn back the #1, but Javon doesn't seem to want to do that either.

The situation's just not tenable. I'd LOVE to have two big, strong, fast wideouts who are both happy and competitive and both putting up thousand yard seasons.

But a) Javon doesn't want to be one of them and b) he may not be healthy enough to be one of them. That spells trouble.

I loved the trade on draft day, and I still don't mind it because it showed us what we needed. It's just nice that Marshall is also giving us that now. We'll just have to find someone else to succeed with BM being double-covered on every play now.

~G

Grover
02-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Well obviously Javon walker is a great talent. And obviously the fact that he was hurt most of last year, obviously, should not obviously relegate him to a position behind Brandon Marshall. Because obviously he deserves to get more passes thrown his way because that's obviously what Javon Walker obviously deserves obviously.

jlarsiii
02-29-2008, 02:07 PM
If I was guaranteed to get the plays from him, I would be happy to have him stay.

Shaky knee situation + Shaky head and heart situation + DUMPTRUCK FULL of money owed = have a nice time in some future city, Javon. Ask Lelie how that's working out for him.

I can't afford to have Javon pouting his way through another season. If Marshall's The Guy then Javon would have to take a back seat, and he'll apparently do that for nobody. He could always earn back the #1, but Javon doesn't seem to want to do that either.

The situation's just not tenable. I'd LOVE to have two big, strong, fast wideouts who are both happy and competitive and both putting up thousand yard seasons.

But a) Javon doesn't want to be one of them and b) he may not be healthy enough to be one of them. That spells trouble.

I loved the trade on draft day, and I still don't mind it because it showed us what we needed. It's just nice that Marshall is also giving us that now. We'll just have to find someone else to succeed with BM being double-covered on every play now.

~G

Overall I agree with you G. However I don't understand it if Walker really is upset about having to potentially "earn" the #1 Wr slot back. We all know he is capable when he is healthy. Add to that the fact that he is still getting PAID like a #1 Wr. So what is the problem?

If we let him go it could work out either way for us. If his knee stays problematic then we will have made a wise move, but if he gets healthy then we will look like fools for cutting him.

jrelway
02-29-2008, 02:08 PM
yes he will be missed. but it is what it is..he wants out of denver. we better not trade him to a division rival. wouldnt want him to go ape nuts on our piss poor D.

G_Money
02-29-2008, 02:12 PM
If we let him go it could work out either way for us. If his knee stays problematic then we will have made a wise move, but if he gets healthy then we will look like fools for cutting him.

Not really - we need his money to give to Marshall. When we signed Javon we had no big-time receiver, and Marshall was a long-shot hope. He's now obviously delivered and we'll need to pay him to keep him. We're just shifting Javon's salary to Marshall as the younger, stronger, healthier guy.

Cutting Javon this year should help out with the salary cap next year when we're signing Marshall long-term. If he gets healthy it's unfortunate for us because we had him - and he IS a talent when healthy - but it's not a tragedy.

Cutting him, having him get healthy and productive again and then losing BM to an injury would be a tragedy - but that's NOT going to happen. *knocks on every piece of wood available*

But we certainly will need a capable #2 receiver. We can plug with Stokley for a bit, but he's helping to make the slot a weapon for us. No Javon makes it imperative that we improve the receiving corps.

~G

Brand
02-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Brand says he will not miss Walker. Walker is showing great gobs of immaturity and piqueness and childish tantrums. No team needs that in the locker room. As long as he was healthy, his youthful ebullience on the field was helpful, but I think Marshall will be far more important to the Broncos than Walker.

Brand says, goodby, good luck.......

Watchthemiddle
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
He made some plays. Marshall will make more.

That video makes me miss more then just Walker.

Scoring, Jake, the long ball, play action..etc.

topscribe
02-29-2008, 02:27 PM
He made some plays. Marshall will make more.

That video makes me miss more then just Walker.

Scoring, Jake, the long ball, play action..etc.

Not to start a big argument again, but I couldn't help but to notice: Jake
didn't look much like a "rag arm" in that flick, did he?

But :focus:, when I observe the relative successes of Moss and T.O. this last
year, and I regard Walker of a better attitude than either of those two, and
considering Walker is awfully close to their level of talent, I would do some
serious sitting down and talking with him, were I of the Broncos' FO.

But that's just me, I guess . . . :coffee:

-----

Brand
02-29-2008, 02:32 PM
If media reports have any validity, I believe they tried that last week.....

atwater27
02-29-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't understand NFL receivers... Walker got out of Green Bay, got a pile of cash. Marshall emerged as a great receiver while Javon was injured. How is that Denver's fault that he got injured? Same with Lelie..... Same exact thing. What, they can have a big fat ego when they are performing well, but turn into jealous, petty whiny little girls when they get injured or rightfully surpassed on the depth chart?
Don't these numbnuts realize how severely horrible they look to the whole world?

EddyMac87
02-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I hope we replace him with a decent 2nd WR, He has been tearing it up for me in Madden.

frauschieze
02-29-2008, 03:56 PM
A friend of mine just called me and said Outside the Lines reported that Javon was cut within the last hour.

topscribe
02-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't understand NFL receivers... Walker got out of Green Bay, got a pile of cash. Marshall emerged as a great receiver while Javon was injured. How is that Denver's fault that he got injured? Same with Lelie..... Same exact thing. What, they can have a big fat ego when they are performing well, but turn into jealous, petty whiny little girls when they get injured or rightfully surpassed on the depth chart?
Don't these numbnuts realize how severely horrible they look to the whole world?

Oh, for a rejuvanation of Rod Smith. :frown: Here we have a guy who had to
fight his way from UFA to the Practice Squad to Special Teams before they
gave him a sniff at WR. Then, even after he attained stardom, he said he and
Eddie Mac were only 1a and 1b, and he didn't care who was a or b.

Contrast that with the head cases today . . .

Rod, get your gear together. I'll go with you down to the swamplands of
Forida to find the fabled Fountain of Youth . . .

-----

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Broncos released WR Javon Walker, according to ESPN's Michael Smith.

He's a big name, but Walker's contract and knee injury made it an easy choice by Denver. That no one choose to give up a late-round pick for Walker is telling. It's rumored that he could need microfracture surgery in the future, although he will have plenty of suitors lined up with MRI machines. Dallas, Washington, Philadelphia, and Tampa Bay have been rumored to be interested.

broncosfanscott
02-29-2008, 10:06 PM

-----

I hear ya tops and I wish something could have happened so that he would still be a Bronco. I would have loved to see Marshall and Walker play together for a whole season. Oh well, time to move on.

Lonestar
02-29-2008, 10:12 PM
javon=ashley

they just do not realize how good they have it till they are gone.

Do not let the door hit you in the as son the way out..

broncosfanscott
02-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Jr, that ran through my mind when I offically heard Walker was out. Walker doesn't know it yet, he is going to regret this. You know he bummed when GB had a good year last year.

Careful what you wish for.

Superchop 7
02-29-2008, 10:25 PM
I feel ya.

I wish the very best for Javon, at the end of the day....he was a good guy, he tried hard, he did the best he could.

That's all I ask.