PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Bruce.

broncosinindy
02-29-2008, 07:54 AM
isacc bruce how about him as a player we can pick up for a year or two until we can address the position next year?

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Oh my God!

This is laughable...

Another player, another thread.

Isn't there someone that can make a sticky about available free agents?

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 09:05 AM
this actually would make since, and we do need a #2

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 09:31 AM
yea... alot of sense.

He's 38 and I'm faster than he is.

*****EDIT*****

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 09:44 AM
yea... alot of sense.

He's 38 and I'm faster than he is.

Perfect sense Einstein.

in 14 games last yr he caught 55 balls for 733 yards and 4 touchdowns. not too bad considering bulger didnt play much. and being 38 only means he can find open spots in the zone,, like stokley. it does make since ****EDIT****

CoachChaz
02-29-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm not interested in a stop gap receiver unless we draft a future #2.

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 10:04 AM
and it does make sense to sign bruce, one he should come cheaper than b johnson. two we have a big play receiver we need a possesion receiver, who like bruce is a team player, i dont recall him complaining about holt catching all the balls. i think it is more realistic than us getting moss dont you?

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm not on the Moss bandwagon.

Bryant Johnson may cost more than Bruce, but he'll also be able to play here for 3-5 years.

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm not on the Moss bandwagon.

Bryant Johnson may cost more than Bruce, but he'll also be able to play here for 3-5 years.

my concern is johnson will acquire the walker syndrome and get jealous of marshalls production. i believe we should try to get a wr in the draft. one thing is for sure stokley cannot play #2. he would be hurt by start of the season.

CoachChaz
02-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Ernest Wiford is another guy I've read Shanny is interested in. I think he could be a solid 2nd option for us.

PatricktheDookie
02-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Kircus got signed by Miami! We're doomed!!

Anyways, I do think Shanahan goes for a younger player - our offense is young and needs to grow together.

shank
02-29-2008, 11:22 AM
my concern is johnson will acquire the walker syndrome and get jealous of marshalls production. i believe we should try to get a wr in the draft. one thing is for sure stokley cannot play #2. he would be hurt by start of the season.

johnson has been playing 3rd fiddle to boldin and fitz since 2004 and has never been a distraction. he's a team player, who would probably be happy to come to denver and be a #2 (unless another team offers him to be #1)

get johnson

atwater27
02-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I am a huge fan of Isaac Bruce. He is one of my favorite receivers of all time. If we sign him at this point in his career, though, the only one it will benefit is Rod Smith's Bingo and Shuffleboard club. They could smoke cigars and reminisce together in a gated community.

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 11:45 AM
mmmmmmm... interesting theory.

Why didn't Johnson show these traits playing third fiddle to Fitzgerald and Boldin?

Drill-N-Fill
02-29-2008, 11:47 AM

What do you base your concern on?

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 12:31 PM
I am a huge fan of Isaac Bruce. He is one of my favorite receivers of all time. If we sign him at this point in his career, though, the only one it will benefit is Rod Smith's Bingo and Shuffleboard club. They could smoke cigars and reminisce together in a gated community.

LMAO, THAT WAS FUNNY

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 12:38 PM
i dont think we are willing to offer him the money he will want. it would make sense for him to want to be a productive #2, for his next contract.

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 03:10 PM
49ers offensive coordinator Mike Martz immediately phoned Isaac Bruce Thursday night after leaning of Bruce's release from the Rams.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that if Bruce gets on a plane to San Francisco Friday, it won't be for a formal visit. It will be to sign a contract.
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

gobroncsnv
02-29-2008, 06:54 PM
I could handle having someone like Bruce on the team. There's a lot he could teach Marshall, and he was productive last year, considering the Rams' fortunes. But sounds like he's gonna be the next new 9er.

Stargazer
02-29-2008, 07:23 PM
isacc bruce how about him as a player we can pick up for a year or two until we can address the position next year?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoshdude7
02-29-2008, 08:52 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!
YOU JUST CAME UP WITH THE WORST IDEA EVER!
:marchmellow:

Superchop 7
02-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Could we please get this out of our system ??

For the right price, I welcome him.

I'm not going to diss him, he has accomplished alot and still has great hands.

The thing is, I don't want the Bronco's writing checks that Bruce's body
can't cash.

Reputation has never caught a pass in this league.

Desire has.

If I am a GM, it's a heavily incentive laid contract.

Scarface
02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
BRUCE LANDS IN SAN FRAN

You know, we thought for a second about setting this story up by tapping into certain stereotypes about San Francisco and men named Bruce. But we're now officially above such attempts at obvious and lowbrow humor.

Anyway, the 49ers have signed receiver Isaac Bruce to a two-year deal, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

The move reunites Bruce with Mike Martz, who was the Rams' offensive coordinator for their only Super Bowl win and thereafter the head coach for six seasons.