PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss?

CoachChaz
02-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Anyone thinks it's out of the question for the Broncos to make an attempt to at least try and sign Moss? I don't think it's a guarantee he goes back to NE.

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm not interested.

Alot of money to get him away from NE and we have a #1.

Spend less money on Bryant Johnson who is a perfect #2 imo.

Strong blocker, team player, good attitude...

Tned
02-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I read last night that Moss was resigned by the Pats. Did that not happen?

CoachChaz
02-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I haven't seen anything on it, but regardless of Marshall's success, Shanny will still be interested in the big play ability of Moss to go along with Cutler's arm.

Mike
02-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Nothing is out of the question with Shanahan.

I just don't see how the Pats can let him go though.

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
i wish moss would come to denver, but we dont have the money to spend on him. too many other needs.

CoachChaz
02-29-2008, 09:04 AM
i wish moss would come to denver, but we dont have the money to spend on him. too many other needs.

I agree, but when has that stopped Shanny before.

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 09:17 AM
true, we do have 16 Mil to play with plus more when we cut or trade walker and gold. i say offer nalen a front office job for even more spending money. obviously we can't just cut him.

shank
02-29-2008, 11:30 AM
true, we do have 16 Mil to play with plus more when we cut or trade walker and gold. i say offer nalen a front office job for even more spending money. obviously we can just cut him.

blasphemy. you start a thread about us not resigning elam and then proceed to say we should cut tommy nalen?

:tsk:

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 12:26 PM
no i said force him to retire, i even said we cant just let him go. hell make him assistant offensive line coach. but lets open another roster spot.

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
my bad, had a typo. got to change that lol. i meant to say we cant just cut him. sorry for the confusion.

shank
02-29-2008, 12:31 PM
that's better, but i'd still rather have him on the field if he's able.

frauschieze
02-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Randy Moss in Denver? If it happens, someone put me on suicide watch.

TimBuff10
02-29-2008, 12:34 PM
D. J. H A C K E T T!!

Moss would not be a good fit... I think the Pats or maybe the Pack is about the only place Moss could fit in and win. I heard talk about the Cowboys, I can only imagine how fast that team would fall apart with TO and Moss on the same team, could be fun to watch.

Hopefully we get rid of Walker and sign Hackett to be our No2 and then maybe even draft another WR that can also return kicks in the later rounds of the draft.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah, how are those injuries working out with DJ Hackett, *cough*Former Buff*cough* . . . pass. :coffee:

topscribe
02-29-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm not interested.

Alot of money to get him away from NE and we have a #1.

Spend less money on Bryant Johnson who is a perfect #2 imo.

Strong blocker, team player, good attitude...

I like that part . . .

-----

EddyMac87
02-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Signing Moss would really open up our runnining game, can you imagine Cutler bombing it to Moss. I would rule Madden if we signed Moss. I guess I can dream.

Medford Bronco
02-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Moss is not coming here. I would be shocked to see him leave NE.

they have the $$ to keep him. They let Samuel go. Moss will be back in NE.

UnderArmour
02-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I'd be so happy if we got Moss. But I suppose I'm in the minority.

JONtheBRONCO
02-29-2008, 06:06 PM
No Moss.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-29-2008, 06:24 PM
There will be no Moss in Denver.

broncosfanscott
02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
NE would be stupid to let him go, that is if he hasn't been resigned yet. Besides we have an #1 and he would cost way too much. I want to draft another Brandon Marshall.

WARHORSE
02-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Randy Moss..............hmmmmmmmm.

If he comes and scores 23 TDs for us, I'll take him.

But if hes comin to score 23 TDs for us only to disappear in the Superbowl...............no thanks.

JONtheBRONCO
03-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Lets let Brandon develop into the stud in Denver, lock him up with a 5-7 year extension and never have to worry about a #1 for that time period. We have a true slot machine in Stokley, and a TE in Scheffler and also a very nice blocking TE in Graham (<-- can catch too). All we need is a guy that can come in, draw some attention away from Marshall, and move the chains. We don't need friggin Chad Johnson, or Randy Moss. We need a younger guy who can hall in the long ball and move the chains on third down. A bigger guy like Hackett or Johnson would be nice because splitting either one of them and Marshall wide inside the 20 would be friggin dangerous. Draw a lot of attention away from the run game.

Soooo, how about we sign either Johnson or Hackett, please? I am a Buff fan, and Hackett did go to Colorado, come on Mikey!

TXBRONC
03-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Anyone thinks it's out of the question for the Broncos to make an attempt to at least try and sign Moss? I don't think it's a guarantee he goes back to NE.

I agree about it not being a guarantee that Moss goes back to New England, but I see us making an offer to Moss. He's going to want a huge contract and we already have a number one receiver in Marshall.

UnderArmour
03-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Lets let Brandon develop into the stud in Denver, lock him up with a 5-7 year extension and never have to worry about a #1 for that time period. We have a true slot machine in Stokley, and a TE in Scheffler and also a very nice blocking TE in Graham (<-- can catch too). All we need is a guy that can come in, draw some attention away from Marshall, and move the chains. We don't need friggin Chad Johnson, or Randy Moss. We need a younger guy who can hall in the long ball and move the chains on third down. A bigger guy like Hackett or Johnson would be nice because splitting either one of them and Marshall wide inside the 20 would be friggin dangerous. Draw a lot of attention away from the run game.

Soooo, how about we sign either Johnson or Hackett, please? I am a Buff fan, and Hackett did go to Colorado, come on Mikey!
If I hear another person use the words develop or rebuild I'm probably going to go ballistic... Just because we have young players doesn't mean we can't bring in big time playmakers. Just because we have young players doesn't mean we should completely avoid anyone over the age of 30 or with major league experience. We play to win the Super Bowl but at the same time we avoid completely mortgaging our future. It is a delicate balance but going after Moss would not disrupt it one bit as he is an unrestricted free agent.

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I highly doubt Moss would come here, but I am hoping some other team will offer a boatload of money to Moss and he leaves NE.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-01-2008, 12:41 AM
If I hear another person use the words develop or rebuild I'm probably going to go ballistic...

develop

SmilinAssasSin27
03-01-2008, 12:41 AM
If I hear another person use the words develop or rebuild I'm probably going to go ballistic...

rebuild

JONtheBRONCO
03-01-2008, 03:21 AM
If I hear another person use the words develop or rebuild I'm probably going to go ballistic... Just because we have young players doesn't mean we can't bring in big time playmakers. Just because we have young players doesn't mean we should completely avoid anyone over the age of 30 or with major league experience. We play to win the Super Bowl but at the same time we avoid completely mortgaging our future. It is a delicate balance but going after Moss would not disrupt it one bit as he is an unrestricted free agent.

Yeah, what are you talking about? Big time play makers? Good call, lets sign a big time receiver like Moss... Sounds good to me. Not. Why sign a big time guy like Moss when we have a guy like Marshall. No way we are going to afford his contract and Marshalls in a couple of years. You don't have to have two all-star recievers to go to the Superbowl. What kind of message would that send to Brandon anyways? He's our guy, we just need someone to compliment him, not overlook him. Plus, an ego-maniac like Moss doesn't float my boat.

Retired_Member_001
03-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't see how you can NOT take atleast a little peep at Randy Moss. I don't see him coming to Denver and we won't come to Denver but you have to atleast enquire about him because he is that good.

The questions about Randy Moss will be his attitude, and whether last seasons sucess will be the only success Randy Moss has in terms of individual performance. Also Randy Moss will come with a HEAVY price tag, so obviously for Denver it will be out of the question with major needs else where.

I would personally go after Bryant Johnson, who would be the perfect parter for Brandon Marshall. A Brandon Marshall - Bryant Johnson - Brandon Stokely WR corps would be deadly in my opinion. It would sure make Jay Cutler a very happy Quarterback.

dogfish
03-01-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzEQ8hG1zA

EMB6903
03-01-2008, 03:54 PM
D. J. H A C K E T T!!

Moss would not be a good fit... I think the Pats or maybe the Pack is about the only place Moss could fit in and win. I heard talk about the Cowboys, I can only imagine how fast that team would fall apart with TO and Moss on the same team, could be fun to watch.

Hopefully we get rid of Walker and sign Hackett to be our No2 and then maybe even draft another WR that can also return kicks in the later rounds of the draft.

why wouldntt moss be a good fit in Denver?

jrelway
03-01-2008, 04:56 PM
moss is a good fit anywhere. it is what it is, he stretches the field. no way the patsies would of almost gone undefeated without him. he aint comin here though. to much $$.

gobroncsnv
03-02-2008, 02:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzEQ8hG1zA

Sometimes ya just gotta say it with music... well done.

jrelway
03-02-2008, 10:20 AM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Randy Moss is "inching closer to the point of frustration" over the lack of contract progress with the Patriots.

We've seen this before, when Adam Vinatieri sat on the market, trying to convince teams he may not stay a Patriot. Other teams may be leery of being a pawn in negotiations, and only a few franchises have the cash and team to make sense. Philadelphia, Denver, Washington, and possibly Green Bay seem like the best fits to us. Dallas doesn't have the cap room.

broncosfanscott
03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, however I think I remember hearing that the Pats are doing what they have done with other players........seeing what his market value is so as to not overpay him. If he gets not looks then there goes his bargaining chip. They have allready lost Stallworth, so from their point of view they should keep him.

DenBronx
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, however I think I remember hearing that the Pats are doing what they have done with other players........seeing what his market value is so as to not overpay him. If he gets not looks then there goes his bargaining chip. They have allready lost Stallworth, so from their point of view they should keep him.

you can't keep someone that's not under contract.

Stargazer
03-03-2008, 03:25 AM
you can't keep someone that's not under contract.

C'mon 31 NFL teams. One of you sign this guy to a huge contract.

Champbailey=MVP
03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Denver might not be able to buy Moss, but they can get rid of some veterens for money. Or they can always advertise more or trade their draft pick and some good players

Randy is a good deep reciever and with cutler's arm.......

dogfish
03-23-2009, 08:17 PM
WTF?

:lol:

EMB6903
03-23-2009, 09:03 PM
dude had to have been searching the archives to find this..... its been over a year LMAO

Foochacho
03-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I really needed this these cutler threads are getting old. Funniest post ever even though it wasn't supposed to be:laugh:

bullis26
03-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Denver might not be able to buy Moss, but they can get rid of some veterens for money. Or they can always advertise more or trade their draft pick and some good players

Randy is a good deep reciever and with cutler's arm.......

why did you write on this?

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 09:43 PM
talk about a moot point...

...this threads 2 years old.

and no i dont want trash on my team.

KCL
03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
talk about a moot point...

...this threads 2 years old.

and no i dont want trash on my team.

2 years old...I must have missed a year...:shocked: