PDA

View Full Version : Eagles to pick up Walker

MyBroncosFootball
02-28-2008, 12:17 PM
See ya JWalk!!

The Eagles may be poised to pursue a veteran wide receiver.
An NFL source has told Comcast SportsNet's Derrick Gunn that the Denver Broncos are likely to release unhappy wide receiver Javon Walker, who is due a $5.4 million roster bonus on March 4, and the Eagles are one of the teams interested in signing him.

Dissatisfied with his role in the Broncos' offense, Walker (6-3, 215) has made it known that he wants out of Denver. Because Walker is still under contract, the Eagles are not permitted to comment.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 12:19 PM
hopefully we won't have to cut him and someone will trade for him.... The Bucs should be interested because not only do they need a receiver, they have to spend 28 million to be at the league minimum. The Bucs are like 42 million under the cap.

PatricktheDookie
02-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Old news, and incorrect.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Rotoworld is reporting that Dallas is working on a trade with Denver for Walker, which would send them a 5th round pick.

CoachChaz
02-28-2008, 12:36 PM
A fat, lazy DT is worth a 2nd round pick based on what he use to do, but a skill player is only worth a 5th because of an injury.

claymore
02-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Rotoworld is reporting that Dallas is working on a trade with Denver for Walker, which would send them a 5th round pick.

Sold!:salute:

G_Money
02-28-2008, 12:40 PM
No, a skill player is only worth a 5th because every team in the league knows we're going to cut him in a week if we can't trade him. We're over a barrel with our pants down - it's not the same situation as either the Jets or the Lions.

The only reason to trade for him is to keep him off the open market. It's probably totally worth it to Dallas to get him for a 5th just to keep him away from Philly, regardless of how unhappy he is there in TO's shadow.

~G

CoachChaz
02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
What, the Lions won't do the same with Rogers?

G_Money
02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Their GM is an inbred retard with the IQ of a lobotomized goat.

Can you really count on him cutting Rogers?

As far as I know Rogers isn't due 6 million bucks as a bonus in a week.

~G

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
The two most valuable positions are DT and QB, followed by OL and DE.

CoachChaz
02-28-2008, 12:50 PM
That depends on the team.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
As for Walker being cut... I don't know if he will.... The Redskins, Dallas, and Philly have all been reported as being interested in Walker.... Funny how division rivals work things out... One of these teams will likely be willing to keep him off the open market for at least a later round pick. Not only will it be a small risk or gamble, it would keep Walker away from the division rivals.

Fan in Exile
02-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't mind getting a conditional pick for him in 2009 that we could use after we see how this years rebuilding goes.

Buff
02-28-2008, 02:27 PM
As I've said a few times before... If we could get anything for Javon Walker, it would be a coup... Dude's got a mega bonus coming the season after his reconstructed knee has shown signs of giving out. Shanny is on record saying he'll need microfracture surgery in the future-- And it's no secret that we're looking to part ways with him. The only way a trade manifests itself is if all of a sudden multiple teams became interested-- and since we're sitting on the eve of free agency and have been shopping Javon for a couple weeks-- I don't expect anything to get done other than us axing him.

underrated29
02-28-2008, 03:00 PM
if we trade him cool, but i still see no sense whatsoever to cut him. We got to pay it anyways, why not keep him here and maybe his knee will be cool and ready to roll intime for our playoff run.

I just dont like how shanny always gives in to players wishes. If i was him i would take nothing less than a 3rd. If not keep him here, let him bytch. We got to pay him regardless why not, he might help us out, hes better than martinez when he is injured. And if he doesnt like it to dam bad.

This is the 2nd time in like 2 years a WR has pulled this crap and I dont want any other WR out there to think that if they get unhappy they can pull the same thing and we will accomodate them.

You push us, and we will push back, shut you down and make you sit on the bench the whole year watching and waitnig and thinking ok, maybe i should have just asked for a trade or just finished the season and then go about my biz.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't cut Walker either, unless we know his knee is really bad. If we keep him on the roster, I'm sure someone would trade for him... Right now the teams interested in him are thinking we will cut him and they won't have to give up a draft pick.

LRtagger
02-28-2008, 03:10 PM
You push us, and we will push back, shut you down and make you sit on the bench the whole year watching and waitnig and thinking ok, maybe i should have just asked for a trade or just finished the season and then go about my biz.

So you want us to pay out his bonus and salary, then sit him on the bench taking up a roster spot while watching him create friction in the locker room.......just to prove a point?

MHCBill
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Exactly... if we keep him we have to pay his SALARY.

No matter what we will take a hit on our salary cap, but you think Pat Bowlen is crazy about giving him 5 million REAL dollars to sit so they can prove a point?

I don't think some people understand salary cap costs and real monetary costs. There is a difference... a huge difference when it's your five million dollars to give away.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 03:17 PM

No matter what we will take a hit on our salary cap, but you think Pat Bowlen is crazy about giving him 5 million REAL dollars to sit so they can prove a point?

I don't think some people understand salary cap costs and real monetary costs. There is a difference... a huge difference when it's your five million dollars to give away.

there is only like a 2 million dollar savings if we cut him before his bonus is due.

We have 3 choices:

If we have to cut him before March 1st we get 2 million dollars savings and nothing in return.

If we can trade him before March 1st we save 2 million and get a pick or something in return.

If we keep him and trade him after the March 1st deadline we lose out on 2 million dollars but get something in return with a trade or a pretty good receiver until he gets hurt.

Buff
02-28-2008, 03:27 PM
or a pretty good receiver until he gets hurt.

That's the big qualifier there... And who's to say he's even healthy now? His agent claims he is, but there were some rumors he may not even pass a physical.

Waaaay too many ??'s to invest that kind of $$ in him. Plus he's a prima donna whiner anyway. I say good riddance.

LRtagger
02-28-2008, 03:33 PM
there is only like a 2 million dollar savings if we cut him before his bonus is due.

We have 3 choices:

If we have to cut him before March 1st we get 2 million dollars savings and nothing in return.

If we can trade him before March 1st we save 2 million and get a pick or something in return.

If we keep him and trade him after the March 1st deadline we lose out on 2 million dollars but get something in return with a trade or a pretty good receiver until he gets hurt.

If keeping him on the roster and paying out his bonus (and taking the $2mil hit) benefits the team in any way, then by all means...

Keeping him on the team to prove a point is :confused:

Giving him millions of dollars to do nothing wouldnt prove much of a point....maybe if the bills were coated with SARS

underrated29
02-28-2008, 03:46 PM

Yeah, thats exactley what we do. This needs to stop. I know its 2mill hard cash, and to us its a ton and to bowlen and the broncs its a good amount also.

But just last year we shelled out 3mil for simeon to be with us for less than a month. We paid fatty sam adams, amon gordon and all the other guys we cut a ton of money for nothing.

Why wouldnt we do it again. So we lose 2 mil. We prove a point that can help us in the future. We keep and exceptional player if healthy. He isnt going to be a cancer, he already said he would do whatever the broncos wanted. However disappointing that may be to him. And if he acts up, yeah scratch his arse, deactivate him for the whole season.

Plus like boss said it increases his trade value- not by much but more than what we got now.

If hes not in practice and in games he wont be disrupting the locker room. I have a feeling that if he stays he will be happy and fine (if healthy)

fcspikeit
02-28-2008, 04:02 PM
hopefully we won't have to cut him and someone will trade for him.... The Bucs should be interested because not only do they need a receiver, they have to spend 28 million to be at the league minimum. The Bucs are like 42 million under the cap.

Sound's like a nice problem to have! We are always pushing the limit and the Buc's made the playoffs last year :mad:

TimBuff10
02-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Well if all these teams are interested in him once he gets cut, then that means he has some value... Question is, is he worth getting a draft pick for and if so, how high of a pick?

Could we get Hackett from Seattle for less than what we would have paid Walker this year? Would be nice to get Hackett and something else in place of Walker.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I'll take a 5th and thank you for your business Dallas.

nevcraw
02-28-2008, 09:40 PM
The other option is cutting him after June 1st. Splitting the cap hit over the 2 years. Meanwhile he shows he's healthy and maybe more trade prospects or he healthy and we let him play.. Don't cut him now.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I was wrong on my dates as well... We have till March 4th to trade him... not March 1st like I orginally stated.

Bronco9798
02-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I'll take a 5th and thank you for your business Dallas.

Take a fifth and drop one of your sigs for gods sake. Friggin annoying when a sig takes up a 1/4 of the page. :D

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Take a fifth and drop one of your sigs for gods sake. Friggin annoying when a sig takes up a 1/4 of the page. :D

awww...did sumwun nawt have they oatmeal this mowning?

Hobe
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM

~G

There are goats that hate you now! :D

Your comments about Detroit current management are true.

broncosfanscott
02-29-2008, 02:33 AM
I really would like to keep Walker because he will surly help the team and as other have said won't be a cancer to the team.

If it happens that we don't keep him then for crying out loud get something in return or this will be a waste of time and money.

weazel
02-29-2008, 03:17 AM

~G

some people would think that a manager that continually signs old has-been players to ridicuous contracts and then releasing them a year or two later is close to an IQ of a lobotomized goat as well.

Dont start throwing stones when the guy who runs our team has made dozens of free-agent and draft mistakes over the last few seassons. Without the Maurice Clarett and old-timer DT's that have been signed the last couple years, this team would be in pretty decent shape.

I am just as big a supporter as you, but I cannot sit blind while posters ridicule other teams for far less than what they watch their own team does.