PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough!

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 10:17 AM
The Broncos and their neverending rotation of cast-off Defensive Linemen has to stop! What is wrong with our organziation! When will they get it through their thick heads that we can't keep wasting away good draft picks and players on cast-offs?

BeefStew25
02-28-2008, 10:23 AM
The Broncos and their neverending rotation of cast-off Defensive Linemen has to stop! What is wrong with our organziation! When will they get it through their thick heads that we can't keep wasting away good draft picks and players on cast-offs?

Boss, I have a newsflash for you: Regardless of what you think, your input and ideas have no impact on what the Broncos do.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Boss, I have a newsflash for you: Regardless of what you think, your input and ideas have no impact on what the Broncos do.

I know... it makes me sad.:tsk:

Scarface
02-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Well we've added 4 quality d-lineman thru the draft the last two years. Robertson is a big talented DT that was playing in a scheme that wasn't good for his talents. I guess I can see what the staff is thinking. Not too crazy about giving up a 2nd rounder though.

Buff
02-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I agree, though it's a little tougher this year when the draft isn't as deep for D-linemen... I wouldn't mind leveraging someone like Foxy (who's basically interchangeable with Paymah) for a DT like Robertson... But giving up a 2nd rounder doesn't thrill me either.

What pissed me off is that we just put a 7th Round tender on Abdullah... WTF? I know he's not the long term answer at safety, but when we're already paper thin at that position, what are we gonna do when someone snatches him up and all we have is a lousy 7th round pick and 2 over-the-hill safeties?

Maybe we're looking at drafting Kenny Phillips?

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 10:56 AM
I like missing out on the Andre Carters, Patrick Kerneys type players and patching up the defense with the Alvin Mckinley, Sam Adams types.

slim
02-28-2008, 11:04 AM

As far as I know it is just a rumor...or do you know something I don't? Consider the source of the rumor, boss. It doesn't sound very believable too me.

shank
02-28-2008, 11:05 AM
As far as I know it is just a rumor...or do you know something I don't? Consider the source of the rumor, boss. It doesn't sound very believable too me.

yeah, i am a little confused. what triggered this? i don't remember you being up in arms yesterday or the day before...

tubby
02-28-2008, 11:06 AM

I agree. It is all bullshit.

Rex
02-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Never underestimate the power and knowledge of Boss.

slim
02-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Never underestimate the power and knowledge of Boss.

Everytime I see your avy I think you are boss.

Rex
02-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Everytime I see your avy I think you are boss.

Every time I see your name, I think of cheeseburgers and nachos.

atwater27
02-28-2008, 01:24 PM

When we get something one day resembling a pass rush.

topscribe
02-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I agree, though it's a little tougher this year when the draft isn't as deep for D-linemen... I wouldn't mind leveraging someone like Foxy (who's basically interchangeable with Paymah) for a DT like Robertson... But giving up a 2nd rounder doesn't thrill me either.

What pissed me off is that we just put a 7th Round tender on Abdullah... WTF? I know he's not the long term answer at safety, but when we're already paper thin at that position, what are we gonna do when someone snatches him up and all we have is a lousy 7th round pick and 2 over-the-hill safeties?

Maybe we're looking at drafting Kenny Phillips?

I'm sure the Broncos will match whatever is offered for Abdullah. Let
someone else determine the value, then match it. It's better than taking
the chance of overpricing him themselves and hit the CAP harder than
necessary. That's the principle, I think.

-----

dogfish
02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm sure the Broncos will match whatever is offered for Abdullah. Let
someone else determine the value, then match it. It's better than taking
the chance of overpricing him themselves and hit the CAP harder than
necessary. That's the principle, I think.

-----

i don't expect anyone to sign him to an offer sheet-- i have no problem with the low tender. . .

topscribe
02-28-2008, 01:44 PM
i don't expect anyone to sign him to an offer sheet-- i have no problem with the low tender. . .

Well, if Abdullah turns out to be the player he thinks he can be . . . and what
players such as Lynch thinks he can be . . . then he'll be back financially in
the big time soon. All he has to do is prove himself . . .

-----

Buff
02-28-2008, 01:52 PM

Really?

I guess alot of his upside is untapped potential, some of which was not realized when he started for Fergy--But it seemed like, if given the opportunity, he could really be a ballhawker... I don't know, 7th round seemed kinda low to me I guess.

dogfish
02-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Really?

I guess alot of his upside is untapped potential, some of which was not realized when he started for Fergy--But it seemed like, if given the opportunity, he could really be a ballhawker... I don't know, 7th round seemed kinda low to me I guess.

he looked good when he was first inserted into the starting lineup, but IMO he got exposed down the stretch after teams had some film on him-- a good example was the houston game, where he was flat-out terrible. . . he has a good size/speed ratio and a lot of athletic ability, but after three years in the league he still looks pretty raw. . . maybe someone will make an offer, but i think it's an acceptable risk since we have the option of matching if it happens. . . . we'll see i guess. . . .

fcspikeit
02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Really?

IMO he is worth more then a 7th round pick.. That being said, it's not like all anyone has to do is say, will take him and we lose him. We have the chance to match the offer before we lose him. This way we don't have to work a contract out with him. We can let someone else make an offer and determine his worth. If no one offers anything for him we can then say, See you have little to no value and you are only worth this much.

We will get him a lot cheaper this way. If a team offers a lot for him we then will have to either match it or lose him. They want offers to come in, that's why they went with the 7th

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM

and boss
your input and ideas arent always good.
theirs a reason your not hired.

BeefStew25
02-28-2008, 05:56 PM
and boss
your input and ideas arent always good.
theirs a reason your not hired.

He just needs a chance.

Tned
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Did they make a move, or is this just a general statement (Browncos and stuff)?

Hobe
02-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, if Abdullah turns out to be the player he thinks he can be . . . and what
players such as Lynch thinks he can be . . . then he'll be back financially in
the big time soon. All he has to do is prove himself . . .

Believing is half the battle...

dogfish
02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Believing is half the battle...

and kicking ass is the other half! :werd:

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2008, 08:29 PM

Well, then what do you suggest we do?

Just reading your sig.