PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Turner Has Made Decision to Join Redskins

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2010, 12:26 PM
http://community.kdvr.com/_Sources-Bobby-Turner-Has-Made-Decision-to-Join-Redskins/BLOG/1714905/96399.html

Denver Broncos running back coach Bobby Turner is joining his old boss in Washington D.C. Turner was offered the position as associate head coach of the Redskins under Mike Shanahan.

“He’s going to join the Redskins. The goal is to hopefully have everything finalized by today. That is all the details I have for you at this time,” a well-placed NFL source texted Fox31’s Josina Anderson Wednesday morning.

The Denver Broncos officially had no comment at the time of this report.

"As of Wednesday morning we have no comment, and cannot confirm that at this time," said Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth.

Turner has been RB coach in Denver for 15-years during which time the team produced several 1,000 yard rushers including Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary.

In another move, Broncos offensive line coach Rick Dennison has been hired as the new offensive coordinator of the Houston Texans. Dennison replaces Kyle Shanahan, Mike Shanahan’s son, who joined his father as offensive coordinator in Washington.

claymore
01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Good luck Bobby!

Bronco Bible
01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Hate to see him leave but good luck!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Nomad
01-13-2010, 12:41 PM
I haven't the slightest clue but who could McDaniels replace Turner with!!

underrated29
01-13-2010, 12:54 PM

--

eh, was bound to happen sooner than later. He should do well and deserves the promotion. I hope we get a good one in to replace him, Knowshon gots the goods, we just need a guide to break some old habbits and build new ones.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Good luck Bobby,

I wish you well

IMHO it is time to change to McDs philosophy and NOT live in the past

(ready for :flame: but I stand my my comment)

claymore
01-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Good luck Bobby,

I wish you well

I agree, as much as I HATE this offense, we cant half ass the migration.

Hopefully we dont hear excuses about our first year RB coach, and OL coach next year.

Nomad
01-13-2010, 01:07 PM
I know great players doesn't always equal good coaches but I wonder if someone like Terrell Davis would be a good RB coach!!

broncofaninfla
01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I agree, as much as I HATE this offense, we cant half ass the migration.

Hopefully we dont hear excuses about our first year RB coach, and OL coach next year.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that there will be some that will use that as an excuse. I HATE this offense as well and don't blame Bobby one bit from jumping ship. We run a sub par scheme now with sub par talent with more excuses than yards. The Washington Redskins just got a lot better today.

dogfish
01-13-2010, 01:15 PM
good luck mr. T!

you were the best, and it was a real pleasure watching you do your thing here in denver. . . your hard work made this franchise better, and it was greatly appreciated. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought the following was interesting - some of Shanahan's won/loss records coaching the Broncos

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShanMi0.htm

1995 Denver Broncos NFL 16 8 8 Season Record
1999 Denver Broncos NFL 16 6 10 "
2001 Denver Broncos NFL 16 8 8 "
2007 Denver Broncos NFL 16 7 9 "
2008 Denver Broncos NFL 16 8 8 "

I realize there were other years that his won/loss record was MUCH better; however, for the boom to come down on Coach McD like it has from some, I really think he deserves more than 1 year to see what he can do.

claymore
01-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I thought the following was interesting - some of Shanahan's won/loss records coaching the Broncos

I realize there were other years that his won/loss record was MUCH better; however, for the boom to come down on Coach McD like it has from some, I really think he deserves more than 1 year to see what he can do.

JMCD rocked the boat enough to deserve the crap he has taken. Especially after losing 80% of your remaining 10 games.

EastCoastBronco
01-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Good luck Bobby,

I wish you well

I'm with you dude...
Like my grandmother used to say..."You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs..."

underrated29
01-13-2010, 02:37 PM
JMCD rocked the boat enough to deserve the crap he has taken. Especially after losing 80% of your remaining 10 games.

For a minute there i thought you were going to say - losing 80% of your remaining star players.......oh wait.

rationalfan
01-13-2010, 03:19 PM

yet, after three seasons of mediocrity, the boat needed to be rocked. apparently, it hasn't been rocked enough.

nevcraw
01-13-2010, 03:26 PM
In order to fix something that was cracked you must first destroy it and then replace the sum of parts with less quality pieces than the original...

AHHHH!!! now see I the plan! and it's glorious.

CoachChaz
01-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Turner is solely responsible for the success of TD, Tatum, Anserson, Droughns, Gary, etc. but apparently in no way responsible for the failures of anyone else.

Oops I forgot...gotta be the system.

Turner was good, but he is replaceable.

LawDog
01-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm with you dude...
Like my grandmother used to say..."You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs..."

As long as the goal is cooking up something great and not trying to polish a turd...

broncofaninfla
01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Turner is solely responsible for the success of TD, Tatum, Anserson, Droughns, Gary, etc. but apparently in no way responsible for the failures of anyone else.

I respect Turner immensley but I wouldn't say he is solely responsible for Denver success in running the ball during Shannys tenor. We had talent at the position and a very productive scheme. Which failures are you referring to, Moreno?

I agree he is replaceble but I doubt we hire anybody who can mirror his success. I doubt even Mcd wanted Turner to go. Is there a running backs coach as succesfull as Turner during the span he coached the position for Denver?

Ravage!!!
01-13-2010, 04:38 PM

well.. if I DID see that resume and had to guess what was different.... I sure as heck wouldn't guess it to be the coaching from that one individual. I would wonder if the system changed, or, the talent of the RB. :confused:

Don't forget Portis in on that list. :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2010, 04:41 PM

In Shanahan's first year as head coach, he finished with an 8 - 8 record, WITH a future HOF quarterback, and Coach McD finished 8 - 8 his first year - but I guess records now aren't what counts when judging a head coach - "style points" are :confused:

Broncolingus
01-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm with you dude...

My Grandmother (and everyone else for that matter) used to say, "...stop doing that or you'll go blind."

Seriously, I think Turner's been (is) a great coach -- this is upward migration for him and a good move I'm sure.

I hope Denver finds someone equally good to succeed him with...

Best of luck and thx for all the years with the Bronc's...:salute:

claymore
01-13-2010, 04:48 PM
In Shanahan's first year as head coach, he finished with an 8 - 8 record, WITH a future HOF quarterback, and Coach McD finished 8 - 8 his first year - but I guess records now aren't what counts when judging a head coach - "style points" are :confused:

What you call style points I call immaturity. The list of stupid stuff JMCD has done over the past year is ridiculous.

100% of Our losses came in the last 10 games Carol. 8 out of 10 games.

That is TERRIBLE. its only happened 3 times in NFL history (since AFL NFL merger). Worst Broncos meltdown EVER.

The Glue Factory
01-13-2010, 04:54 PM
As others have stated. Bummed to see him go but at the same time the ZBS is gone so not sure how much benefit Turner would be with Denver. I'm sure there are plenty of good replacements that will be available.

Just like last year, nearly everyone was bemoaning our pitiful state and then we blew the doors open with a 6-0 start. I'll wait to judge what next season will be like after at least 8 games are completed.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
What you call style points I call immaturity. The list of stupid stuff JMCD has done over the past year is ridiculous.

That is TERRIBLE. its only happened 3 times in NFL history (since AFL NFL merger). Worst Broncos meltdown EVER.

I understand that 100% of our losses came in the last 10 games - so if you are blaming that on immaturity, what then do you credit the 6 - 0 start to? Myself, I feel this was a learning experience for Coach McD - something I am sure any rookie head coach goes thru with an entirely new organization.

Broncolingus
01-13-2010, 05:03 PM
As others have stated. Bummed to see him go but at the same time the ZBS is gone so not sure how much benefit Turner would be with Denver. I'm sure there are plenty of good replacements that will be available.

Just like last year, nearly everyone was bemoaning our pitiful state and then we blew the doors open with a 6-0 start. I'll wait to judge what next season will be like after at least 8 games are completed.

GP, Glue...although, it's not the first 8 games that really concern me anymore...

...it's been the last GD 8 games that seem to be the friggin problem.

The Glue Factory
01-13-2010, 05:13 PM

And while many want to heap ALL the blame on McDaniels, the players have a curiously large part to play in that meltdown as well. Their execution had declined significantly as the meltdown continued.

underrated29
01-13-2010, 05:26 PM
its no 1 thing. there are a lot of contributing factors.

for first 6 wins...
-did a good job coaching
-did a good job calling plays
-players not hurt
-players stoked on momentum
- Kyle orton is on fire

for the fallout last 10 games...
-kyle orton was set on fire, and bad ankle
-bad play calling/ predictablility
-losing ryan harris and other players to IR
-teams have tape of us now and our tendencies
-team lost hope, gave up
-players battered bruised tired
-sitting marshall and scheff-not saying it wasnt the right thing to do,but with them in the lineup I kinda think we might have won. Although the jets won so it wouldnt have mattered anyway.
-coaching

so those are all contriputing factors, some on coach, some on players and some for injuries, and some for teams studying our tendencies. Its a learning experience for coach and for the players. No one gets it right the first time. I am not happy with a lot of the stuff JMFMD did, but same for players too.

If next year he struggles again or has the same/similiar problems then i will start to really question this decision. For now, its 1 game less than i expected us to do when the season started. So even though we collapsed like MO fighting mike tyson- I will give it another year to fix those problems. He said he expects a lot more out of the rookies next year as they will no longer be rookies and MUST get the job done. I think the same for him. He will no longer be a rook. So he MUST get it done.

WARHORSE
01-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Next they'll be blaming McD for the earthquake in Haiti.

Dean
01-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Bobby produced 1000 yard RBs like he was using a cookie cutter. He made it work with power runners, speedsters, and combinations of both. His work for the Broncos was special. It became expected that if you gave him any low round draft pick that would listen (not Clarett) Bobby would make them into a 1000 yard back.

Thanks. I would hope that most fans here will miss you but one way or the other I know that I'll miss what you contributed.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2010, 07:28 PM
And while many want to heap ALL the blame on McDaniels, the players have a curiously large part to play in that meltdown as well. Their execution had declined significantly as the meltdown continued.

Isn't that attributed to the coach? I mean, it sure was last year.

dogfish
01-13-2010, 07:54 PM

says the guy who just posted this in another thread:

I think they have made some really good strides. I still think their HC is going to be their weak link.

But as we know... it always comes down to the personnel on the field.

get your story straight buddy!

:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Vic Lombardi was talking about Bobby Turner a few minutes ago, and in regards to Turner coaching the running backs here, Vic said:

"he not only coached them up, HE DETERMINED WHO PLAYED AND HOW MUCH THEY PLAYED" :eek::eek:

SOOOOOOOO - Guess the blame for Hillis not playing can be lifted from Coach McD, along with ego, arrogance, not wanting to play Shanahan's player, etc., etc., etc.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2010, 09:12 PM
get your story straight buddy!

:lol:

:laugh: :laugh:

Ravage!!!
01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Vic Lombardi was talking about Bobby Turner a few minutes ago, and in regards to Turner coaching the running backs here, Vic said:

"he not only coached them up, HE DETERMINED WHO PLAYED AND HOW MUCH THEY PLAYED" :eek::eek:

SOOOOOOOO - Guess the blame for Hillis not playing can be lifted from Coach McD, along with ego, arrogance, not wanting to play Shanahan's player, etc., etc., etc.

Because vic said so?

The Glue Factory
01-13-2010, 09:13 PM

I think it's hilarious how picked apart everything gets and blamed summarily assigned. In reality it's a complex relationship within the team and between teams.

And all this from people that know less than the pro's have forgotten during the offseason. :tsk:

I will say that the playcalling made me :confused: during the end of the season and the players certainly laid their eggs. We could have beaten Oakland, Indy and Philly down the stretch if it weren't for one thing or another (usually red zone scoring) leaving us at 11-5 and no doubts about playing in week 18.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2010, 09:17 PM
heck yea.. throw in Kc and Washington in there, and our team should have been a 13-3 team.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Because vic said so?

Yeah, because Vic said so - they are the official station for the Broncos - come on - you just don't want to believe anything that might favor Coach McD :tsk:

red98
01-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Because vic said so?

It's well known that "HE DETERMINED WHO PLAYED AND HOW MUCH THEY PLAYED"

But it was only for his first 14yrs in Denver.

Probably one of the reasons he moved on.

T.K.O.
01-13-2010, 09:45 PM

or because he is much more familiar with shanny's offense and wanted to continue doing things that way.
i respect and appreciate all that turner has done for the broncos but.....do we really have to ASSume that everything that goes wrong or changes in the organization is somehow because mcD is an idiot or egomaniac ?
i wonder why it is that other coaches are allowed 8-8 seasons or much worse in some cases..(especially in their 1st year) without being considered total losers.
lets give the guy a year to install his plan,coaching staff and players before we throw him out with the bathwater....hmmmmkay :coffee:

red98
01-13-2010, 10:03 PM
or because he is much more familiar with shanny's offense and wanted to continue doing things that way.
i respect and appreciate all that turner has done for the broncos but.....do we really have to ASSume that everything that goes wrong or changes in the organization is somehow because mcD is an idiot or egomaniac ?
i wonder why it is that other coaches are allowed 8-8 seasons or much worse in some cases..(especially in their 1st year) without being considered total losers.
lets give the guy a year to install his plan,coaching staff and players before we throw him out with the bathwater....hmmmmkay :coffee:

Are you kidding me? I remark that Turner having a bigger say on which back plays might be ONE of the reasons he moved on and you come back with this stuff?

How's that different than saying "because he is much more familiar with shanny's offense and wanted to continue doing things that way."?

Calm down dude!

I've agreed, in this same thread I think, that McD needs to move on from the Shanny coaches etc and go full on putting in his system.

It's all on him so he might as well do it his way.

slim
01-13-2010, 10:33 PM

I hope like hell you are not doing math in your head...you have a family to think about.

topscribe
01-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah, because Vic said so - they are the official station for the Broncos - come on - you just don't want to believe anything that might favor Coach McD :tsk:

Vic is in constant contact with players and coaches. He is one of the more
dependable in the media.

-----

nevcraw
01-13-2010, 11:41 PM

look at the nfl lanscape.. how many have done what he has? your statements are are self destructive, because they are false. how many failures did bobby turner have in comparrison to to the rest of nfl??
Have we forgotten the best running system in the last 15 years? turner coached up the dregs into productive players. How many teams did what denver did even after the 97/98 OL years ended..

you can say he's replaceable.. but the likes of BT will not be seen here again.. buckle up coachaz and McD.. your false bravado with zero insight towards the future make me chuckle.. like when you laugh at a little kid that picks poop off the ground..

Lonestar
01-14-2010, 12:17 AM

sounds like bobby may have had a woody for Payton..

guess we will see next year..

Lonestar
01-14-2010, 12:29 AM

this looks very sarcastic to me, I suspect the middle sentence was very tongue in cheek.

I think he was agreeing but just did not come out that way..

if he was not then most likely wrong in his assumption.

I think that all HC or coordinators rely heavily on what the position coaches say or do NOT say about their players.. therefore for the most part control playing time..

If a RB coach for instance says that hills is not putting out or just does not get it when they are installing the game plan for that week what is the HC going to do, stick him in the game?

This makes more sense than Hillis kissing his wife.:laugh:

Dirk
01-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Meh

He showed he couldn't coach a RB without Shanny this year. If he was so good, we would have had a 1000 yard runner this year too.

/sarcasm

Northman
01-14-2010, 07:24 AM

But, your going to take the fun out of it for some.

claymore
01-14-2010, 07:54 AM
I understand that 100% of our losses came in the last 10 games - so if you are blaming that on immaturity, what then do you credit the 6 - 0 start to? Myself, I feel this was a learning experience for Coach McD - something I am sure any rookie head coach goes thru with an entirely new organization.
I think we are alot worse than our results state. the 6-0 start was a farse. 3of those games we were pretty damn lucky to win. By luck I mean it took some very abnormal plays to win. Plays that make highlight reals. Great individual efforts that have nothing to do with the game plan, or actual coaching.

1st Game=Luck(stokley catch)
2nd Game=Clevland Real win
3rd Game=Oakland Real win
4th Game=Dallas Luck (Marshall miracle almost interception 55 yard td/Miracle almost INT Moreno TD)
5th game= NE Real win
6th Game= SD Luck (Miracle KR & PR by royal)

People can call me negative, but I feel I am a realist. I think alot of folks that keep bringing up the 6-0 start have their koolaid glasses on.

We could just as easily have been 5-11 this year.

Nomad
01-14-2010, 08:06 AM
I think we are alot worse than our results state. the 6-0 start was a farse. 3of those games we were pretty damn lucky to win. By luck I mean it took some very abnormal plays to win. Plays that make highlight reals. Great individual efforts that have nothing to do with the game plan, or actual coaching.

1st Game=Luck(stokley catch)
2nd Game=Clevland Real win
3rd Game=Oakland Real win
4th Game=Dallas Luck (Marshall miracle almost interception 55 yard td/Miracle almost INT Moreno TD)
5th game= NE Real win
6th Game= SD Luck (Miracle KR & PR by royal)

People can call me negative, but I feel I am a realist. I think alot of folks that keep bringing up the 6-0 start have their koolaid glasses on.

We could just as easily have been 5-11 this year.

1st game and 4th game, you're right!!! But every game has a little bit of luck alot of times just not the BRONCOS way!!

The 6th game, Royal's returns was good team work and vision by Royal and his abilities!! The BRONCOS played a good game in that game though until SD dismantles or Rivers goes away will be the AFC West kings (hate to say it).

claymore
01-14-2010, 08:09 AM
1st game and 4th game, you're right!!!

The 6th game, Royal's returns was good team work and vision by Royal and his abilities!! The BRONCOS played a good game in that game though until SD dismantles or Rivers goes away will be the AFC West kings (hate to say it).

SD is a toss up. But i settled on luck. My reasoning....... If I told you we would need a KR and PR for TD's to win a game...... the odds of it happening are astronomical. It happens once or twice a season. If I said we needed 2 105 yard INT returns for TD's to win the game it would require the same amount of insane luck.

Nomad
01-14-2010, 08:18 AM
SD is a toss up. But i settled on luck. My reasoning....... If I told you we would need a KR and PR for TD's to win a game...... the odds of it happening are astronomical. It happens once or twice a season. If I said we needed 2 105 yard INT returns for TD's to win the game it would require the same amount of insane luck.

That day I should of played the lottery because before the game started I stated I had a gut feeling the BRONCOS would get a KRTD that game and it happened. PRTD was a surprise. You're right, predicting something like this is hard unless it was the BRONCOS 4 yrs ago and we were facing Dante Hall:D.

Regardless, I enjoyed that game and again I don't believe it was luck!!

So you don't think the OT win against NE was luck!! just asking! Because I have read most OT wins are luck!!

claymore
01-14-2010, 08:23 AM
That day I should of played the lottery because before the game started I stated I had a gut feeling the BRONCOS would get a KRTD that game and it happened. PRTD was a surprise. You're right, predicting something like this is hard unless it was the BRONCOS 4 yrs ago and we were facing Dante Hall:D.

Regardless, I enjoyed that game and again I don't believe it was luck!!

So you don't think the OT win against NE was luck!! just asking! Because I have read most OT wins are luck!!

SD game was very fun to watch.

Any win against NE is a real win IMO. Ive never been scared of that team because I thought their offense was so overated and bland.
Welcome to Denver JMCD!

FML!!!!!

red98
01-14-2010, 10:36 AM
this looks very sarcastic to me, I suspect the middle sentence was very tongue in cheek.

I think he was agreeing but just did not come out that way..

if he was not then most likely wrong in his assumption.

I think that all HC or coordinators rely heavily on what the position coaches say or do NOT say about their players.. therefore for the most part control playing time..

If a RB coach for instance says that hills is not putting out or just does not get it when they are installing the game plan for that week what is the HC going to do, stick him in the game?

This makes more sense than Hillis kissing his wife.:laugh:

That was my sarcastic way of pointing out that Turner didn't have that power under McD.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that either, just pointing to it as maybe one of the reasons he moved on.

I think McD did a terrible job and I don't see him getting better. But he as at least another year so I'm hoping I'm wrong and he turns out to be the boy wiz kid we all thought he could be.

I'm not one of those posters that rags on McD in every post, I'm more focused on what will the off season bring and can he do better with a year under his belt.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
That was my sarcastic way of pointing out that Turner didn't have that power under McD.

Unless either Turner, the Coach, a player, or someone connected with the Broncos comes out and states that Turner did not have that power with the Broncos, no one on here will ever know for sure.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2010, 10:53 AM
But, your going to take the fun out of it for some.

Not really - they will just need to speed up their tap dancing :lol:

Overtime
01-14-2010, 08:18 PM
so I thought the Broncos denied Washington's request to interview Bobby Turner?

if that's the case, isn't this tampering? I'm not getting the full story here.

Zweems56
01-14-2010, 08:23 PM
so I thought the Broncos denied Washington's request to interview Bobby Turner?

if that's the case, isn't this tampering? I'm not getting the full story here.

They did, but sometime last week, they allowed him to go out and he got an offer for an associate head coaching position

Overtime
01-14-2010, 09:22 PM
FTMFL! why the hell did they allow him to do that?????

HORSEPOWER 56
01-14-2010, 09:37 PM

Because it was a promotion, I don't think they have a choice. They just tried to interview Turner for the RB coach position and Denver said no. Then they changed it to the "Assistant Head Coach RBs", a promotion, so I don't think Denver had a choice. All they can do now is tell Bobby he owes them whatever money is left on his contract. I'm sure Shanny will pay that off out of his own pocket and smile while doing it. With the RBs they have in Washington, Shanny and Turner could be a deadly combination. Ouch.

red98
01-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Because it was a promotion, I don't think they have a choice. They just tried to interview Turner for the RB coach position and Denver said no. Then they changed it to the "Assistant Head Coach RBs", a promotion, so I don't think Denver had a choice. All they can do now is tell Bobby he owes them whatever money is left on his contract. I'm sure Shanny will pay that off out of his own pocket and smile while doing it. With the RBs they have in Washington, Shanny and Turner could be a deadly combination. Ouch.

Nah, promotion doesn't matter unless it's to HC. However most teams will allow an interview if it's for a promotion out of proffesional courtesy.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Nah, promotion doesn't matter unless it's to HC. However most teams will allow an interview if it's for a promotion out of proffesional courtesy.

As it should be. Hell, Turner could've easily just "resigned" as our RB coach then gone to Washington. Shanny would've bought out Bobby's contract, anyway.

BroncoTech
01-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Bobby and Dennis were probably fighting for their jobs a year ago and I have respect for all recently affiliated coaches but they are Broncos no more so screw em. Give me a young TD and I'd be a pretty good running backs coach too, throw in a mature Elway and they'll call me Mastermind.

You can say the first six games this year were flukes and you can say the team was running off the gas Shanny left in the tank. This meltdown at the end of the year was due to undicsiplined players and some obviously bad play calling. We all know where that points back to.

Look how much room we left for improvement.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2010, 10:42 PM

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14184384

The Broncos initially refused permission for the Redskins to interview Turner, whom Shanahan has called "the best running backs coach in the National Football League," but relented when Shanahan offered Turner the associate head coach title.

nevcraw
01-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Bobby and Dennis were probably fighting for their jobs a year ago and I have respect for all recently affiliated coaches but they are Broncos no more so screw em. Give me a young TD and I'd be a pretty good running backs coach too, throw in a mature Elway and they'll call me Mastermind.

You can say the first six games this year were flukes and you can say the team was running off the gas Shanny left in the tank. This meltdown at the end of the year was due to undicsiplined players and some obviously bad play calling. We all know where that points back to.

Look how much room we left for improvement.

:tsk:

how would you do with Olandis Gary, Rueben Droughns, & the Bells ? huh, mastermind??

broncofaninfla
01-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Redskins dump Sherman Smith

Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2010 10:58 PM ET
With Mike Shanahan becoming the new head coach in Washington and Kyle Shanahan arriving as the offensive coordinator and Bobby Turner now hired to coach the running backs, the offensive coordinator who was in charge of the running game, Sherman Smith, no longer was needed.

And so he's now gone.

According to Jason Reid of the Washington Post, Smith learned on Wednesday that he would not be retained.

Smith came to Washington from Tennessee in 2008 to work with former head coach Jim Zorn.

"I appreciate the way Mike handled the situation," Smith told Reid on Thursday. "I definitely would have liked to have been part of Mike staff's because I think he's going to do a great job, but his decision shows his loyalty to [Turner]. I understand that and I respect it."

Smith is under contract for 2010, so he'll be paid his salary even if he doesn't find other work.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=66677@kcnc.dayport.com

In regards to the Broncos future - Bobby said "I don't see anything but pluses, it's in good hands"