PDA

View Full Version : Mega Trade In the Works with BRONCOS

WARHORSE
02-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Rogers to the Jets, Robertson to the Broncos, and FOXY and a second to Detroit.

Thats the rumour of the menage a trade.............(profootballtalk)

MOtorboat
02-28-2008, 12:58 AM

Nothing against you war, but we've been talking about this since about noon.

WARHORSE
02-28-2008, 01:08 AM

LOL.............

I didnt see anything. Im in Kauai working and got off work, took a look, didnt see a thread on it..........so...............heh heh.

Oh well.........its beer thirty.:beer:

Im sure the mods will investigate with their scissors.:D

JONtheBRONCO
02-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Here it is:

Profootballtalk.com reports the Jets, Lions, and Broncos are discussing a three-way trade that would send DT Dewayne Robertson to Denver, NT Shaun Rogers to New York, and DB Domonique Foxworth and a second-round draft choice to Detroit.

What is this, the NBA? A three-way deal, especially involving players of this magnitude, would be unprecedented in the NFL. Still, each team would be getting a piece it desperately needs. We'll have to see how salary situations unfold and whether Detroit can work Jonathan Vilma into the blockbuster.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

JONtheBRONCO
02-28-2008, 01:12 AM
It was discussed earlier in the day, but is was all hear, say from a member, who had heard it from someone else. I think... Now there's a possibility it might actually happen. Giving up Foxy and a second seems like an awful lot.

I know it would fill a huge hole on defense... But Foxy is a good player, and I'd hate to have one pick on the first day. Maybe if we trade back for a third, I would be okay with that. Still, it is a rumor... Let's see how this one unfolds.

sneakers
02-28-2008, 01:15 AM

I woke up a 7pm central, and I have not heard about it.

D1g1tal j1m
02-28-2008, 01:53 AM
figure if this goes down, shan will trade down from 12 to acquire a lower 1st and a low 2nd or high 3rd rounder this year to make up for it.

dogfish
02-28-2008, 04:02 AM
if we make that trade, mike shanahan = matt millen is DEFINITELY going in my sig. . . . :mad:

Astrass
02-28-2008, 04:25 AM
blockbuster trade? Really?? Bleh.

PatricktheDookie
02-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Well, here's one way to look at it:

If we acquire a competent DT in this trade, what we have done to our line? We have Thomas and Robertson on the inside with Dumervil and whoever on the outside. Our younger players should improve, and suddenly we have a competent line.

This is important, because we fill our biggest weakness without wasting our 12th pick. There was no way we would get a DT who was ready to start with anything later than 10. Now, the Broncos have the freedom to pick another player with the 12th pick, or even trade down. Denver suddenly has enough draft flexibility to pick the best player available.

My guess? With one less player in our secondary, this will finally be the year that Denver drafts a safety. You heard it here, first. =)

dogfish
02-28-2008, 05:30 AM
seriously, if this happens to be true i will puke. . . what a sad, pathetic admission that our front office not only lacks confidence in their ability to draft effectively, but has allowed the defensive line (or at least the DT position) to deteriorate to a state of desperation! sure, robertson is a competent player, and he MAY be better than that in a different system-- but #42 (not to mention foxworth) is an exorbitant price to pay for a MAY. . . if you're giving up a high 2nd round pick, you should damn well be getting a player in his prime who has proven that he can play at a very high level in this league. . . i didn't mind giving a 2nd for javon, because he had proven that with a 1,200 yards, 12 TD season. . . we should be getting a guy who has played at a pro bowl level (i don't care if he's actually been to the game or not, i'm just using that term as a standard of measurement). . . i'm talking about an IMPACT player, and robertson has never shown that he can be one in four years in this league-- and the 3-4 isn't entirely to blame, because they've only run it the past two years. . . .

just for a frame of reference, these are some of the players who have been taken between #42 and #52 over the past ten drafts:

tony ugoh, marcus mcneil, greg jennings, sidney rice, lamarr woodley, david harris, justin durant, steve smith (giants), ken hamlin, lofa tatupu, odell thurman, khalif barnes, julius jones, bob sanders, lecharles bentley, clinton portis, kris jenkins, aaron schobel, matt light, chris chambers, chad clifton, patrick surtain, samari rolle. . . .

and yes, i am fully aware that you can make a list of all the players drafted in that range who have busted or failed to live up to their draft status. . . but before anyone busts out the ol' "draft is a crapshoot" line, let me say that i think that's a cop-out. . . sure, it has some validity, but some people seem to think that it's completely randon, like rolling the dice and just hoping for the best, but IMO that's not the case-- if you scout well and make smart decisions, you expect your 1st day picks to do well and more often than not they should. . . it's the failures of teams that do stupid shit like drafting terry pierce, paul toviessi and darius watts in the 2nd round that make it seem like a crapshoot! look at the track record of teams like indy, san diego and new england and tell me that it's nothing more than luck. . .

personally, i hate the idea of potentially passing on prospects like jamaal charles, gosder cherilus, sam baker, anthony collins, jerod mayo, trevor laws, maybe kentwan balmer, and others. . . . yea, some of those guys may not be there, and before anyone reminds me, i know-- "they haven't proven anything, they could bust!" i'll say it for ya, and even acknowledge it's truth. . . but are we as fans just jaded by the team's history of bad drafting? i HATE the thought of giving up a top fifty pick for a guy who has never truly excelled just because we need help at the position. . .

two other factors to consider. . . first, dominique foxworth is a quality nickel back that's probably better than some starting corners around the league (especially if used correctly and supported with that thing called a pass rush that the broncos efense has never heard of). . . with plenty of teams around the league in dire need of experienced corners, i think there's a solid chance we could get a 3rd out of him as a RFA-- IMO that's not just some negligible throw-in! at the very least he's a smart, versatile hard-woker who bolsters our depth at several positions-- and while i don't mind seeing him leave for the right price, i hardly like adding him in to a price that i think is already too high for robertson. . .

also, there's the not-so-insignificant factor of robertson's contract. . . it's recently been reported that he's owed 11 million this year-- we would obviously want to redo that to make it a lower number, but i highly doubt he'll take less than what we'd pay the #42 pick. . .

blech. . .. i know we need help at DT, but is robertson really a guy who's going to "put us over the top?" he damn well BETTER be if we give up a high second and a quality nickel back for him! i can't freakin' stand the thought of having a grand total of ONE pick in the top three rounds in a draft that runs way deep at several positions where we could really use some legit young talent. . . .

:mad:

[/RANT]

atwater27
02-28-2008, 06:56 AM
if we make that trade, mike shanahan = matt millen is DEFINITELY going in my sig. . . . :mad:

What?????

atwater27
02-28-2008, 06:58 AM
two other factors to consider. . . first, dominique foxworth is a quality nickel back that's probably better than some starting corners around the league (especially if used correctly and supported with that thing called a pass rush that the broncos efense has never heard of). . . with plenty of teams around

:mad:

[/RANT]

Hence, the need for a DT like Robertson.

Bronco9798
02-28-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm still looking for the Mega and Magnitude part of this trade. I just don't see it. I'd take Robertson over Rodgers any day though. But that's really not saying much about Robertson.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Broncos have to give Foxworth and a 2nd? ok...well that is a lot.
Jets have to give up Robertson for Rogers? Why don't the Jets have to give more? Robertson not only doesn't fit their 3-4 defense, cost a lot more money, but he isn't at the same Pro Bowl level as Rogers. Looks like the Lions are robbing us and the Jets are robbing the Lions, so all in all the Lions and Jets make out like bandits and Denver is stuck with out an early 2nd round pick and a CB that is considered worth at least a 3rd or 4th rounder.

I don't like this deal at all.

claymore
02-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Jets have to give up Robertson for Rogers? Why don't the Jets have to give more? Robertson not only doesn't fit their 3-4 defense, cost a lot more money, but he isn't at the same Pro Bowl level as Rogers. Looks like the Lions are robbing us and the Jets are robbing the Lions, so all in all the Lions and Jets make out like bandits and Denver is stuck with out an early 2nd round pick and a CB that is considered worth at least a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Ill take Robertson and Vilma for that. But there is no way in hell we do rumored deal.

CoachChaz
02-28-2008, 08:06 AM
I agree. I would think a 2nd round pick alone could easily nab either one of these DT's considering the question marks surrounding them. Yet, we are giving up that AND a solid player. Too much.

claymore
02-28-2008, 08:22 AM
I agree. I would think a 2nd round pick alone could easily nab either one of these DT's considering the question marks surrounding them. Yet, we are giving up that AND a solid player. Too much.

I think with Jenkins being shopped we have allot more leverage as well.

CoachChaz
02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
I think with Jenkins being shopped we have allot more leverage as well.

Depends on the asking price for Jenkins. However, if we go through an off-season where Jenkins, Robertson and Rodgers are very much available...and we don't get one...I'll be very disappointed in the front office.

claymore
02-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Depends on the asking price for Jenkins. However, if we go through an off-season where Jenkins, Robertson and Rodgers are very much available...and we don't get one...I'll be very disappointed in the front office.Yeah, I dont think Jenkins will cost a second and Foxworth, he will cost less, and produce at the same level as Robertson IMO. Hell, we might even be able to trade Ramsey, and a 4th for him! :laugh:

CoachChaz
02-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I dont think Jenkins will cost a second and Foxworth, he will cost less, and produce at the same level as Robertson IMO. Hell, we might even be able to trade Ramsey, and a 4th for him! :laugh:

But will we

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 08:53 AM
At least the first rumored deal included Denver getting a draft pick and Robertson.

CoachChaz
02-28-2008, 09:01 AM
At least the first rumored deal included Denver getting a draft pick and Robertson.

Which one was that? All I read was Robertson to Denver, Foxy and #2 to Detroit and Rogers to NYJ

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Which one was that? All I read was Robertson to Denver, Foxy and #2 to Detroit and Rogers to NYJ

There was a rumor that Jets would send Robertson and a 5th to Denver, Denver would send Foxworth and a 2nd to Detroit, and Detroit would send Rogers to New York.

Drill-N-Fill
02-28-2008, 09:29 AM
I would rather have Robertson than Rodgers. Rodgers was actually below average against the run last year. Teams running to his side was actually getting 5 ypc.

Robertson would have to take huge pay cut to be traded. So it might work out b/c Shanny knows there are no dominating DT at 12.

Just b/c Detroit is getting Foxy and a number 2...it doesn't necessarily mean its our number 2 thats going.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Does our scouting department understand how good the talent is in the 2nd round?!

Scarface
02-28-2008, 09:34 AM
I'd rather have Robertson than the fat, lazy, underachieving Rogers. But a 2nd rounder and Foxy?!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL/2705065.jpg

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 09:36 AM
They better be throwing Vilma in that trade with Robertson

Mike
02-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Throw Coles in with Robertson and I would be happy with it.

Or Foxy and a 4th.

I will be a little irritated if the deal goes through as it is being reported though.

underrated29
02-28-2008, 10:13 AM
I agree thats rediciluous or however you spell that dam word. The one i posted yesterday was much ebtter.

If this goes down without vilma to us then i agree with #1bmarchfan that the season is already lost.

I think we could nab jenkins for fox and our 2nd. And i would rather have jenkins than any of these guys.

But before we screw the pooch here boys remember shannys talent is not at drafting but trading. And getting way to much for what he gives. Lets hold out on all the judgement first. Maybe just maybe we can get vilma (doubtful) or maybe swap 2nds or get a 3rd. Something like that.

I dont think shanny even in his crazy mind would ever bed over and take it from both ends from the lions and jets.

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 10:14 AM
I agree thats rediciluous or however you spell that dam word. The one i posted yesterday was much ebtter.

If this goes down without vilma to us then i agree with #1bmarchfan that the season is already lost.

I think we could nab jenkins for fox and our 2nd. And i would rather have jenkins than any of these guys.

But before we screw the pooch here boys remember shannys talent is not at drafting but trading. And getting way to much for what he gives. Lets hold out on all the judgement first. Maybe just maybe we can get vilma (doubtful) or maybe swap 2nds or get a 3rd. Something like that.

I dont think shanny even in his crazy mind would ever bed over and take it from both ends from the lions and jets.

The season isn't lost if we throw away a 2nd rounder and a player we don't have plans in the future with. Robertson isn't that bad! Come on dude.

underrated29
02-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I was a little sarcastic on that part, youre right.

And I will be thrilled if we get him. (robertson). Because I think he will dominate here and really help our SIEVEfense.

But i have become so accustomed to ripping teams off that i now kinda expect it.:salute:

turftoad
02-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Does our scouting department understand how good the talent is in the 2nd round?!

They probably know a lot more about it than we do Boss.

turftoad
02-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm gonna say this again. I'd be very happy if we traded for Robertson and signed B. Johnson and Madieu Williams as FA's. That takes care of three needs and then fill in with the draft.

G_Money
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Things that this theoretical move would prevent:

1) We lose out on the 2nd AND 3rd rounds of this draft with our current draft picks - a draft with a significant amount of talent in those rounds.

2) We have two CBs out there who might get us a 3rd rounder - Foxy and Paymah. If we trade Foxy that means we also can't let Paymah go, which costs us the 3rd rounder we could have gotten for either man. Just trading a 2nd rounder for Robertson at least keeps us with the ability to give Foxy up for a 3rd and still get into the "meat" rounds of this draft.

Things we would gain:

1) Up-the-field DT who can help collapse a pocket on the QB.

Things we are still unsure about:

1) Whether two up-the-field DTs who can collapse a pocket (Thomas and Robertson) can actually stop the run together as well.

It's kind of a rough trade. If it works out I can't complain about the price, but there's no really good fall back position if it's even just an okay deal and Robertson becomes a piece of the DL rotation but not an impact player.

~G

ikillz0mbies
02-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Are there any chances that the trade can be tweaked so the Broncos get Vilma? Since they are sending Foxworth and a second (I'm assuming it is from the Broncos).

atwater27
02-28-2008, 01:18 PM

I am sure there are other players/picks involved if Den is giving up a second and foxy.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I am sure there are other players/picks involved if Den is giving up a second and foxy.

There better be.

Considering Denver's current state with their draft picks, a second rounder and Foxworth is far too much to give up for Robertson.

I personally think it's a bogus trade. The Jets trade Robertson for Rogers basically straight up? C'mon.

atwater27
02-28-2008, 01:36 PM
There better be.

Considering Denver's current state with their draft picks, a second rounder and Foxworth is far too much to give up for Robertson.

I personally think it's a bogus trade. The Jets trade Robertson for Rogers basically straight up? C'mon.

3-4 and 4-3 require different types of DT's. It would benefit both of them.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
3-4 and 4-3 require different types of DT's. It would benefit both of them.

Rogers isn't a natural 3-4 guy. Actually, in the 3-4, he would arguably make a better DE than DT.

Buff
02-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Rogers isn't a natural 3-4 guy. Actually, in the 3-4, he would arguably make a better DE than DT.

Umm, sorry, I don't know if we're talking about the same Rogers... You're referring to the giant fat ass, pocket-clogging Rogers? Not even close to a DE in any scheme-- he's quick for being a fat ass, but not DE quick.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2008, 01:57 PM
DE's/DT's in a 3-4 are virtually all run cloggers to free up the pass rush of the LB's.

Sure you want them to be able to rush, but they better eat up blockers so your LB's can make plays. You have a guy that size that can also rush like Rogers, he'd be ever more dominant in a 4-3..

fcspikeit
02-28-2008, 03:48 PM

This doesn't make any sense. Detroit only wanted a 2nd for Rogers. So why would we give them our high second and Foxy? All the Jets would get is Rogers for Robertson.

Why wouldn't we just trade our 2nd for Rogers then trade him strait up for Robertson?

It would be nice if we were getting Vilma too, However, the Jets aren't going to give up Robertson and Vilma for Rogers. Maybe if we were giving the Jets Foxy they would give us Vilma?

Then it would look like this, We get Robertson for our 2nd and Vilma for Foxy..

If we were trading our 2nd and Foxy outright for Rogers we are getting the shaft! That is exactly what we will be doing if we make this trade. Except we will then trade Rogers for Robertson.

There is a question whether or not Rogers is even worth a 2nd, let alone as high a 2nd as we have. If we throw Foxworth in the deal, it is like giving up a 1st for Rogers. Hell, we could probably trade our 2nd and Foxy to the Cowboys for one of there 1st's

Man I hope this is wrong!

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 03:55 PM
I bet you if this deal goes down this is what happens:

Jets
Get: Shaun Rogers
Give up: 2nd or Vilma and Robertson

Broncos
Get: Dwayne Robertson
Give up: Dominique Foxworth

Lions
Get: 2nd Rounder (Jets) or Vilma, Dominique Foxworth
Give up: Shaun Rogers

Jets have two 2nd round picks.... they would be more willing to let one of those picks go than we would. Rogers is a Pro Bowl caliber player. His value is worth more, meaning that the team that obtains Rogers will have to give up more in return. The Lions are rumored to like Vilma as well and based on how his physical went he may be valued as a 2nd rounder and the Jets can keep their draft picks.

underrated29
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I bet you if this deal goes down this is what happens:

Jets
Get: Shaun Rogers
Give up: 2nd or Vilma and Robertson

Broncos
Get: Dwayne Robertson
Give up: Dominique Foxworth

Lions
Get: 2nd Rounder (Jets) or Vilma, Dominique Foxworth
Give up: Shaun Rogers

Jets have two 2nd round picks.... they would be more willing to let one of those picks go than we would. Rogers is a Pro Bowl caliber player. His value is worth more, meaning that the team that obtains Rogers will have to give up more in return. The Lions are rumored to like Vilma as well and based on how his physical went he may be valued as a 2nd rounder and the Jets can keep their draft picks.

Boss you are soo right but i hope you are so wrong and go by my fantasy-

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2008, 04:07 PM
This doesn't make any sense. Detroit only wanted a 2nd for Rogers. So why would we give them our high second and Foxy? All the Jets would get is Rogers for Robertson.

Why wouldn't we just trade our 2nd for Rogers then trade him strait up for Robertson?

Detroit wanted at least a 2nd round pick. Those are apparently from "inside sources".

MHCBill
02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Not bad Boss... I would do it too.

Allows us to draft Stewart in round one becuase DT is solidified.

I still think we need to consider with our #2 pick the best between OT, DT, LB...

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 04:14 PM

I still think we need to consider with our #2 pick the best between OT, DT, LB...

With just Foxworth, a 1st rounder, and a 2nd rounder we could have:

DT Robertson
RB Stewart
LB Mayo or OT Gosder Cherilus

We would still have a 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 7th, 7th do address other needs and even move up further in the draft, not to mention additional picks we may or may not pick up from Mike Bell, Ian Gold, Javon Walker, and whoever else might land us another draft pick.

underrated29
02-28-2008, 04:17 PM

DT Robertson
RB Stewart

We would still have a 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 7th, 7th do address other needs and even move up further in the draft, not to mention additional picks we may or may not pick up from Mike Bell, Ian Gold, Javon Walker, and whoever else might land us another draft pick.

THATS THE SEXIEST THING I HAVE SEEN ALL DAY!!

Stargazer
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
So much for building through the draft...:tsk:

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 04:19 PM

What do you mean.... we would be giving up Foxworth for Robertson... we wouldn't be giving up any draft picks.

fcspikeit
02-28-2008, 04:25 PM

Are you kidding? I would trade Foxy for Robertson in a heartbeat!

BOSSHOGG30
02-28-2008, 04:27 PM
The way the rumors are flowing in from Detroit doesn't look like Detroit likes the Jets/Denver deal. They are talking about bringing in other CB and DT already... not looking good.

MHCBill
02-28-2008, 04:33 PM

DT Robertson
RB Stewart

We would still have a 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 7th, 7th do address other needs and even move up further in the draft, not to mention additional picks we may or may not pick up from Mike Bell, Ian Gold, Javon Walker, and whoever else might land us another draft pick.Great minds think alike!

MHCBill
02-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Are you kidding? I would trade Foxy for Robertson in a heartbeat!Huh?

No I'm not kidding.

What are we talking about here?

fcspikeit
02-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Huh?

No I'm not kidding.

What are we talking about here?

Maybe I should have wrote it like this, Are you kidding me! I know you weren't actualy kidding. Its more of a statement then a question.

Like when Cutler hit Walker on the 65 yard bomb in the end zone. The first thing I said was, Are you freaking kidding me!

Sorry for the confusion :salute:

mclark
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
My first thought in seeing us willing to give up Foxworth AND a second round pick in the draft is that we must have some assurrances from another team about trading down and getting a late 1st round pick and a second for our #12.

Robertson
Dan Connor or Chris Williams
Jerrod Mayo or Sam Baker

would look ok to me.

I'll be shocked if we make the trade for Robertson and end up only having one draft pick on Day One. (All this because we dumped Warren last year on Bates' orders?)

fcspikeit
02-28-2008, 04:47 PM
The way the rumors are flowing in from Detroit doesn't look like Detroit likes the Jets/Denver deal. They are talking about bringing in other CB and DT already... not looking good.

Are we talking fans or FO?

Rex
02-28-2008, 04:50 PM

So Boss, do you have like 5 cell phones so that you can take all of those calls?

dogfish
02-28-2008, 04:57 PM
So Boss, do you have like 5 cell phones so that you can take all of those calls?

you don't need cellphones whn you're hardwired directly into the matrix. . . .

underrated29
02-28-2008, 04:59 PM
OMG this is the same thing that happened last year. We did get grahm, we didnt. we did get henry, no wait we traded for mcgahee. No we swithced firsts and sent wilson packing for cj and then got graham.......

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

1 More offseason like these past two and I am going to have a stroke!

Is Det backing out and going after the bucs and phins deals or is nique really in det and vilma in NO....AAAAAAHHHHHH

:banghead::banghead::croc:

dogfish
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM
OMG this is the same thing that happened last year. We did get grahm, we didnt. we did get henry, no wait we traded for mcgahee. No we swithced firsts and sent wilson packing for cj and then got graham.......

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

1 More offseason like these past two and I am going to have a stroke!

Is Det backing out and going after the bucs and phins deals or is nique really in det and vilma in NO....AAAAAAHHHHHH

:banghead::banghead::croc:

the peyote must be kicking in. . . . :elefant:

atwater27
02-28-2008, 06:07 PM

Come on People.... Brian Habib, Gary Zimmerman, Ed McCaffrey, Alfred Williams, Neil Smith, Michael Dean Perry, Ray Crockett, Bill Romanowski, Lionel Washington...... Come on now people we built a goddang super bowl team through heavy free agency signing. This whole disdain for free agents cracks me up. They are just as important to the championship puzzle as solid drafting is.

underrated29
02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
I never liked ray all that much.

atwater27
02-28-2008, 06:17 PM

He was a very solid corner for us for several years. He was an excellent signing.

underrated29
02-28-2008, 06:18 PM
He was a very solid corner for us for several years. He was an excellent signing.

to me he was too much like deltha- always trying to bait the qb for the picks, and if he was wrong-TD.

atwater27
02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't recall him as that type of player. he was simply a solid cover corner and a sure tackler. A coach's dream.

underrated29
02-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Maybe i only remember his bad games then. MAybe not even him, but i can always remember the play where the other team had to score a td to win- playoffs maybe? not sure, and ray got owned on the pump fake quick out at the 1 yrd line and then the qb through the little rainbow pass to his guy.

WHo knows dog has given me some crazy peyote and i have to keep watching out for that stupid chicken that keeps trying to steal my cactus

EMB6903
02-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I would be very disapointed if we landed Robertson over Rogers.

but then again if it means we only have to ship out foxworth, Im all for it.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Very interesting. The first page mentions nothing of WHO is giving up the 2nd round pick. Foxxy, at this point, is leaving regardless, so his value is diminished. I love Robertson...way may get the short straw, but I'm very cool w/ this deal.

#1bmarshfan
02-28-2008, 11:07 PM
i quit life if this happens

Lonestar
02-29-2008, 12:20 AM

BUt mikey does not!!!!!!!! Or is afraid since kubes, dinger an bates are not here to hold his hand..

RiversSucks
02-29-2008, 12:43 AM

we hardly knew ye :salute:

WARHORSE
02-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Wow.

I thought this was on its way elsewhere...................:coffee:

Well, I love the idea of getting RObertson.

That means Mendenhall is there for the taking at twelve, cause unless someone moves ahead of us to draft him, hes ours.

Jets wont take him. Pats wont take him. Baltimore wont take him. Cincy wont take him. New Orleans wont take him. And finally, Buffalo wont take him.

Mendenhall, who is now being touted as a top ten pick, is gonna be there at 12.

Takers?

MWAH.:coffee:

xzn
02-29-2008, 03:54 AM
War, if Clady and Rivers are gone he'd be next on my list of prospects we have a realistic chance at getting, assuming no trade up or down.

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Promise?

HolyDiver
02-29-2008, 07:51 AM

That is giving up way too much. A 2nd alone is too much.

CoachChaz
02-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Looks like Jenkins is already headed to the Jets, so that leaves us as an option for both Robertson and Rogers still.

HolyDiver
02-29-2008, 07:53 AM

Crockett? You gotta be kidding me...............He played excellent for us.............in fact, he was probably our 3rd best Corner EVER.

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 08:32 AM
I would do Robertson for Foxy yesterday!

Sign me up...

HolyDiver
02-29-2008, 09:28 AM

Sign me up...

Me too, but not our 2nd round pick too.

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Agreed

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 10:07 AM

Sign me up...

wow stop the press. we agree on something. trading a foxworth would be one of the best moves we can make. not because he sucks but we will not keep him past this year. he will want too much money next yr.

Drill-N-Fill
02-29-2008, 11:52 AM
wow stop the press. we agree on something. trading a foxworth would be one of the best moves we can make. not because he sucks but we will not keep him past this year. he will want too much money next yr.

Wants too much money for a 3rd CB? I don't think so. If he leaves the following year its to be a starter.

silkamilkamonico
02-29-2008, 01:45 PM

If we lose him to free agency, we would likely get a 3rd round compensatory pick.

Brand
02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
If the Broncos trade Fox and the second for Robertson, it would be a fairly decent trade, IMHO. The second would have been used on a player who would most likely not have played much this year. Let's assume the Broncos took an OT or even a LB in the First. A second for Robertson is not different than the Walker trade. Fox was not going to get much better, I think. He was stuck behind Bly and Paymah, and I am not certain that the Broncos won't have a CB coming in the Draft, maybe in the fourth. Further, the Broncos have a lot of players coming up for new contracts soon, and any contract needs to be for players who are of front line calibre.......

What I find interesting is that Elam and Lynch are dangling out there. Elam may get some FA play, but the price might be less than he's made last year. Lynch is a risk because of his neck, and because he is not a cover safety which is more helpful in the pass happy West. If you argue he helped in defending the run, yeah, right.........

Next two weeks should be interesting.....

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 03:54 PM
BENGALS BAG ROGERS by Michael David Smith

Michael Smith of ESPN.com is reporting that the Detroit Lions have traded defensive tackle Shaun Rogers to the Cincinnati Bengals.

No word is out yet on what the Lions got for Rogers, who had been on the trade block for several weeks and had been rumored to be heading to the Jaguars, Jets and Broncos, among other teams.

For the Bengals, acquiring Rogers gives them just the kind of big defensive tackle head coach Marvin Lewis has always employed in his defense. The 340-pound Rogers is in the mold of Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa, the huge defensive tackles who played for the Super Bowl-winning Ravens team on which Lewis served as defensive coordinator.

Stargazer
02-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Bengals traded 3rd and 5th round picks.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Jets get their DT...as do the Bengals...helps the draftees drop down the board...

shank
02-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Jets get their DT...as do the Bengals...helps the draftees drop down the board...

that and hopefully it lessens robertson's value to some extent (in that they now have the DT they want, making robertson more expendable... but this is quickly negated by the fact that robertson is one of few remaining options, most likely driving his price even higher :elefant:)

dolphins: signed starks, will probably go long? no
rams: drafted DT last year, no
falcons: just cut rod coleman, but should probably go ryan, maybe
raiders: just signed kelly to a lol-based contract, but still, maybe
chiefs: have bigger needs, but not impossible, maybe
jets: just got their guy, won't go DT (hopefully we get robertson) , no
pats: wilfork says no DT, no
ravens: neither is a true 3-4 NT, no
bengals: got their guy in rogers making DT doubtful, esp if they switch to a 3-4, no
saints: could use a DT, very possible.
bills: i think they have bigger needs, but could possibly get a DT, maybe

"so you're telling me there's a chance!"

Medford Bronco
02-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I guess this thread is dead now :lol:

BOSSHOGG30
02-29-2008, 06:26 PM
1. Miami
Signed Randy Starks and traded for Jason Ferguson

2. St. Louis

3. Atlanta

4. Oakland
Big money on Kelly and they have Warren

5. Kansas City

6. N.Y. Jets
Traded for Kris Jenkins plus they still have Robertson

7. New England (from S.F.)
3-4 defense

8. Baltimore
3-4 defense

9. Cincinnati
3-4 defense plus they added Shuan Rogers

10. New Orleans

11. Buffalo
Rumors are they will get Marcus Stroud

So who will be the teams to take Shaun Ellis and Glenn Dorsey from us?
Remember; Chris Long, Darren McFadden, Jake Long, and Matt Ryan are all projected as top picks as well.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-29-2008, 06:30 PM
And Rod Coleman is still floating out there too.

Dam...forgot about Starks. Very nice signing for Miami. He's already piecing things together...

#1bmarshfan
03-01-2008, 02:11 AM
welp another year or watching are defense getting raped im not gonna rely on unproven rookies that will probably be on a different team in 3 years any way

Simple Jaded
03-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Sure the defensive tackles still suck, but at least Denver extended Nate Jackson's contract...:rolleyes:...

#1bmarshfan
03-01-2008, 02:41 AM
once shannys gone wel be alright

Italianmobstr7
03-01-2008, 02:47 AM
once shannys gone wel be alright

Whatever. Shanahan isn't the only reason for us not signing "big name" free agents. Bowlen said he didn't want to be spending too much in free agency. The last few years it has got us no where. Maybe this year instead of signing big names, we'll sign a WR (hopefully Bryant Johnson), and a LB (Boss Bailey), and the rest for special teams and role players.

Simple Jaded
03-01-2008, 02:57 AM
Whatever. Shanahan isn't the only reason for us not signing "big name" free agents. Bowlen said he didn't want to be spending too much in free agency. The last few years it has got us no where. Maybe this year instead of signing big names, we'll sign a WR (hopefully Bryant Johnson), and a LB (Boss Bailey), and the rest for special teams and role players.

You gotta question the intelligence of forcing a GM that can't draft to save his ass, to build a team through the draft.

Bowlen is an idiot......

Italianmobstr7
03-01-2008, 03:00 AM
You gotta question the intelligence of forcing a GM that can't draft to save his ass to build a team through the draft.

Bowlen is an idiot......

I like how people bash on Shanny's draft, and when you look at our up and coming players, they're from the DRAFT! Jay Cutler, Brandon Marhsall, Elvis Dumervil, Tony Scheffler, Tim Crowder, Marcus Thomas, DJ Williams (he also drafted Al Wilson), Darrent Williams (R.I.P.), Dominique Foxworth, Chris Kuper, Chris Myers....I realize that there's been some TERRIBLE drafts, but the last few haven't been bad. Shanny gets too much credit for some things, and not enough credit for some things. His drafts have been getting better, who's to say that this one won't be good?

Simple Jaded
03-01-2008, 03:06 AM
I like how people bash on Shanny's draft, and when you look at our up and coming players, they're from the DRAFT! Jay Cutler, Brandon Marhsall, Elvis Dumervil, Tony Scheffler, Tim Crowder, Marcus Thomas, DJ Williams (he also drafted Al Wilson), Darrent Williams (R.I.P.), Dominique Foxworth, Chris Kuper, Chris Myers....I realize that there's been some TERRIBLE drafts, but the last few haven't been bad. Shanny gets too much credit for some things, and not enough credit for some things. His drafts have been getting better, who's to say that this one won't be good?

Instinct, he can't help it!

Btw, WOOOOOOW!!! on the three good drafts he's had.

That's like the kind of stuff that gets Presidents voted to a 3rd term......

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 03:09 AM

They have been good recently. Isn't that what is important? The team is going into a new direction & the draft is where the bread & butter is producing young talent. Glad Denver isn't hitting the FA route & sticking to the draft.

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Nate Jackson's contract...:rolleyes:...

You act like Nate Jackson's signing cost the team a ton of bucks.

Simple Jaded
03-01-2008, 03:31 AM
You act like Nate Jackson's signing cost the team a ton of bucks.

And you're acting like you've never heard a joke......

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 04:07 AM
And you're acting like you've never heard a joke......

Sure the defensive tackles still suck, but at least Denver extended Nate Jackson's contract......

You gotta question the intelligence of forcing a GM that can't draft to save his ass, to build a team through the draft.

Bowlen is an idiot......

That's like the kind of stuff that gets Presidents voted to a 3rd term.....

:rolleyes:

Watchthemiddle
03-01-2008, 04:09 AM
What have you done for me lately?

Isn't that what everyone goes by in the NFL?

Well, lately ( last 3 drafts ) have been good by Shanahan. Thanks

:coffee:

shank
03-01-2008, 04:09 AM
1. Miami
Signed Randy Starks and traded for Jason Ferguson

2. St. Louis

3. Atlanta

4. Oakland
Big money on Kelly and they have Warren

5. Kansas City

6. N.Y. Jets
Traded for Kris Jenkins plus they still have Robertson

7. New England (from S.F.)
3-4 defense

8. Baltimore
3-4 defense

9. Cincinnati
3-4 defense plus they added Shuan Rogers

10. New Orleans

11. Buffalo
Rumors are they will get Marcus Stroud

So who will be the teams to take Shaun Ellis and Glenn Dorsey from us?
Remember; Chris Long, Darren McFadden, Jake Long, and Matt Ryan are all projected as top picks as well.

shaun rogers went to the browns, not cincy. they are the team that will screw us if my crystal ball is functioning properly.

Sedrick ;)

i can also see KC, NO, or even the raiders taking DT still.

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 04:17 AM
i can also see KC, NO, or even the raiders taking DT still.

I can also. I wonder what KC will do if Jake Long is not there at #5. Which I believe he will not be come #5. This draft is going to be interesting at the top. Especially, if Ryan slips past Atlanta(which I think he will and how and wonder how far he will drop).

Looking forward to the draft, just like our Denver Broncos.:cool:

shank
03-01-2008, 04:20 AM
I can also. I wonder what KC will do if Jake Long is not there at #5. Which I believe he will not be come #5. This draft is going to be interesting at the top. Especially, if Ryan slips past Atlanta(which I think he will and how and wonder how far he will drop).

Looking forward to the draft, just like our Denver Broncos.:cool:

it'll def be interesting. what i would give for dorsey or ellis to fall to 12...

dogfish
03-01-2008, 04:30 AM
it'll def be interesting. what i would give for dorsey or ellis to fall to 12...

doesn't happen unless dorsey really is damaged goods. . . .

BOSSHOGG30
03-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I wonder why the Broncos didn't bring in William Joseph yet. Former 1st rounder who never lived up to his potential.... seems like the perfect fit for the Broncos.

weazel
03-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I think Shanny tries to offer two bald tires and a jug of water when trying to trade with other managers. Everytime I hear that a trade is in the works I ignore it, because 10 times out of 10 it fails.

Retired_Member_001
03-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I think Shanny tries to offer two bald tires and a jug of water when trying to trade with other managers. Everytime I hear that a trade is in the works I ignore it, because 10 times out of 10 it fails.

Yes.

Apparently Shanny has offered Ian Gold's dirty jock strap from Adrian Peterson.

dogfish
03-01-2008, 11:24 AM

huh?

i have no problem criticizing shenanigans, because he's made plenty of questionable decisions, but the guy has probably pulled off more trades than anyone else in the modern NFL-- including deals for champ bailey and javon walker. . . he also got a 3rd out of lilly. . . .

Retired_Member_001
03-01-2008, 11:28 AM
huh?

i have no problem criticizing shenanigans, because he's made plenty of questionable decisions, but the guy has probably pulled off more trades than anyone else in the modern NFL-- including deals for champ bailey and javon walker. . . he also got a 3rd out of lilly. . . .

I agree with you Dog.

My post was actually more have a go at the media and the Broncos fans, according to our fans we're making trades for everybody.

#1bmarshfan
03-01-2008, 05:15 PM
we aint gonna trade no one bluh

Simple Jaded
03-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Sure the defensive tackles still suck, but at least Denver extended Nate Jackson's contract......

Bowlen is an idiot......

That's like the kind of stuff that gets Presidents voted to a 3rd term.....

:rolleyes:

It's a joke that Shanahan is apparently more concerned about his 4th string TE then with the DT situation. I'm making a joke about a joke!

Nate Jackson is the type of player that just has to wait his turn......which should be somewhere next to last......you don't go out of your way to extend a player that only YOU have any use for......

TXBRONC
03-02-2008, 07:58 PM
huh?

He also traded for Bly.

TXBRONC
03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
we aint gonna trade no one bluh

In the past five years Shanahan has made three notable trades Bailey, Walker, and Bly.

dogfish
03-02-2008, 08:06 PM
He also traded for Bly.

good point-- glad ya got my back TX. . . .

TXBRONC
03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
good point-- glad ya got my back TX. . . .

Any time bro. :cool:

shank
03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
we traded for jimmy kennedy too! i got your back too dog :D

TXBRONC
03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
we traded for jimmy kennedy too! i got your back too dog :D

This is true, however I don't think Kennedy was seen as a top tier player when we brought him in.

Simple Jaded
03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
He also traded for Bly.

Jay Cutler, too......

TXBRONC
03-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Jay Cutler, too......

I think I understand where you're coming from but I still wouldn't put Jay in that category because we did actually draft him.