PDA

View Full Version : Quarterbacks were the cream of the crop in 2009 fantasy leagues

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=09000d5d815a9722&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

MVP

Aaron Rodgers, Packers: Rodgers was a fantasy monster, leading all quarterbacks in points and finishing 47 points ahead of his closest competitor (Brees, 280). He was also incredibly consistent, posting 20 or more points 12 times. Rodgers, who recorded a combined 35 touchdowns, will be a first-round pick in 2010 drafts.

Breakout player of the year

Matt Schaub, Texans: Schaub finally reached his fantasy and statistical potential in 2009, throwing for a league-high 4,770 yards and 29 touchdowns on the season. A preseason breakout candidate on NFL.com, Schaub was able to avoid serious injuries and finished an impressive fifth in fantasy points at the position (269 points).

Sleeper of the year

Kyle Orton, Broncos: Quietly, Orton put up good fantasy numbers in his first season in the offense of coach Josh McDaniels. He set career highs in passing yards (3,802) and touchdown passes (21) and finished a mere four fantasy points behind Kurt Warner. He also scored 15 or more points 10 different times on the season.

Bust of the year

Jay Cutler, Bears: Cutler, a preseason bust candidate on NFL.com, was a turnover machine in his first season with the Bears. He finished with 26 interceptions and failed to throw for 4,000 yards. Had it not been for this eight touchdown passes in the last two weeks, Cutler's final numbers would have looked even worse.

Draft value of the year

Brett Favre, Vikings: Jake Delhomme, Shaun Hill and Kerry Collins were just a few of the quarterbacks that had a higher ADP (average draft position) than Favre. Of course, questions about whether he was coming back did affect that stat. But overall, it's hard to argue with Favre and his 340 fantasy points (fourth-best overall).

Lonestar
01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
wow just amazing isn't it jay was the bust of the year whereas Kyle set personal records while learning a new scheme along with the rest of the Offense.. and coaches I might add..

Wait for the spin to start..

Dirk
01-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Interesting find Carol.

I don't play fantasy football but I understand how it works.

Northman
01-13-2010, 07:05 AM
I had both Brady and Big Ben in which they led me to my first championship. hehe

claymore
01-13-2010, 07:38 AM
wow just amazing isn't it jay was the bust of the year whereas kyle set personal records while learning a new scheme along with the rest of the offense.. And coaches i might add..

Wait for the spin to start..

lol