PDA

View Full Version : Bring Mike Anderson back!

TimBuff10
02-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Getting rid of him was about as bad as the Avs letting Forsburg, Foote, and Drury go.

I would at least feel better about the RB situation if we had Anderson to back up Henry. Young is a good change up/little guy but we need a couple bruisers to get things done on the ground.

turftoad
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh.......... no............. somebody did do it.

dogfish
02-27-2008, 04:54 PM

c'mon, you knew it was coming. . . . :laugh:

shank
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM

come on turf! 8 posts deserves more respect than that!

i loved mike, but i want our team to get younger in any way possible. if he's back i won't complain, but it's just more reason not to take a rb at all in the draft.

Retired_Member_001
02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh my god, it just doesn't get any worse.

A 34 year old runningback?

:laugh:

turftoad
02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
come on turf! 8 posts deserves more respect than that!

i loved mike, but i want our team to get younger in any way possible. if he's back i won't complain, but it's just more reason not to take a rb at all in the draft.

Doesn't mean he's new at this stuff. TimBuff was a member of the Freak.

TimBuff10
02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, I only think Mike Anderson would be a good option becasue I am afraid they are going to bring back the same bunch from last year. At least with Anderson we have a bigger type back that has proven himself. I don't see Henry making it through the season without either hitting the bong, getting hurt, or fumbling his way to the bench. Then Selvin Young will be left to carry the ball unless he is still on the wacky weed with Henry.

Then again, if I remember correctly Mike Anderson has some priors with weed himself so I guess he would fit in just fine.

Really, their best bet would be to go after the best player available in the draft with that top pick and then use the 2nd pick on the top RB unless McFadden happened to slip to our 1st pick. I just don't see that happening though, I would actually be surprised if they even picked a RB at all in the draft.

silkamilkamonico
02-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Well, I only think Mike Anderson would be a good option becasue I am afraid they are going to bring back the same bunch from last year. At least with Anderson we have a bigger type back that has proven himself. I don't see Henry making it through the season without either hitting the bong, getting hurt, or fumbling his way to the bench. Then Selvin Young will be left to carry the ball unless he is still on the wacky weed with Henry.

Then again, if I remember correctly Mike Anderson has some priors with weed himself so I guess he would fit in just fine.

Really, their best bet would be to go after the best player available in the draft with that top pick and then use the 2nd pick on the top RB unless McFadden happened to slip to our 1st pick. I just don't see that happening though, I would actually be surprised if they even picked a RB at all in the draft.

Mike Anderson is a shell of what he was in his glory years at Denver.

We're better off with who we have now.

Hoshdude7
02-27-2008, 05:29 PM
this guy is not serious

SR
02-27-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm crying from reading this stupidity.

MOtorboat
02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Getting rid of him was about as bad as the Avs letting Forsburg, Foote, and Drury go.

Come on Buff...that would be more like bringing back TD and Shannon Sharpe...

Medford Bronco
02-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I want them to bring back Sammy Winder
and Gerald Wilhite with
Bobby Humphrey as the 3rd down back :lol:

turftoad
02-27-2008, 07:06 PM
I want them to bring back Sammy Winder
and Gerald Wilhite with
Bobby Humphrey as the 3rd down back :lol:

steve sewell and gene lang.

mopatt24
02-27-2008, 07:38 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.............:tsk:

Bronco9798
02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Absolutely friggin amazing..WOW....

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 07:46 PM
this is almost as sad as Beef wanting Quitterson back in Orange and Blue.

shank
02-27-2008, 07:46 PM

no. no it's not.

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
no. no it's not.

Yeah, your right... what is Beef thinking, I can't believe he even had me start a thread for that.

shank
02-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, your right... what is Beef thinking, I can't believe he even had me start a thread for that.

you're an accomplice. that's 5-10!

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 07:51 PM
you're an accomplice. that's 5-10!

Just don't put me in the same cell with Beef..... I like being a butt virgin.

frauschieze
02-27-2008, 08:00 PM
All I gotta say is....

Where's the tank when you need it?!

Bronco9798
02-27-2008, 08:00 PM
All I gotta say is....

Where's the tank when you need it?!

Apparently not close enough........:D

BeefStew25
02-27-2008, 08:02 PM

I am about to put you over my knee.

Dreadnought
02-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, MA is younger than me. That's not saying much unfortunately.

Lonestar
02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
vet minimum with incentives as insurance only God only knows how long thenry runs with 9 kids hanging ont o his leg..

Mike and thenry can share suppliers.. lawyers for that matter..

That is if he can pass a physical..

Bronco9798
02-27-2008, 09:12 PM
MA won't sniff Denver again. There's no way.

ikillz0mbies
02-28-2008, 03:40 AM
Bring Mike Anderson back....really?

Might as well call Olandis Gary...

Scarface
02-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Might as well bring back Sammy Winder.

Rex
02-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Wasnt MA about 28 when he was a rookie?

MOtorboat
02-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Wasnt MA about 28 when he was a rookie?

Yeah, because he was in the Marines until he was 23 or so, and then went and enrolled at Utah.

Lonestar
02-28-2008, 11:39 AM
MA won't sniff Denver again. There's no way.

Do not be to sure..

He was a cap casualty when he left and now again cut because of money.

He as far as I know did not bad mouth mikey and DEN. I would never want to depend on him to be the primary back. But at a reasonable vet minimum with some incentives he could be a decent back up big back to get some yards when Thenry will inevitably go out this coming year for what ever reason..

You know we can't rely in him to go all season.. If Sapp is gone and that seems more likely than not we need the big banger back. Is he a long term answer? NO way but he at least knows the system and has been reliable in th past just IMO severely over paid he is/was not the million dollar+ a year guy that mikey blessed him with on his contract re-do. I think the year he left he was scheduled to make almost 2mil..

Astrass
02-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Don't worry....I heard we are trading Foxworth and our 7th for Portis.

Bronco9798
02-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Do not be to sure..

He was a cap casualty when he left and now again cut because of money.

He as far as I know did not bad mouth mikey and DEN. I would never want to depend on him to be the primary back. But at a reasonable vet minimum with some incentives he could be a decent back up big back to get some yards when Thenry will inevitably go out this coming year for what ever reason..

You know we can't rely in him to go all season.. If Sapp is gone and that seems more likely than not we need the big banger back. Is he a long term answer? NO way but he at least knows the system and has been reliable in th past just IMO severely over paid he is/was not the million dollar+ a year guy that mikey blessed him with on his contract re-do. I think the year he left he was scheduled to make almost 2mil..

Ehhh,,,I just personally don't see it happening at all.

TimBuff10
02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many smart asses on this board... I also didn't realize he was that old. I forgot about him being a Marine first and then going to college thus making him an ancient running back now.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened, not my dream scenerio but Shanny could do worse.

Lonestar
02-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many smart asses on this board... I also didn't realize he was that old. I forgot about him being a Marine first and then going to college thus making him an ancient running back now.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened, not my dream scenerio but Shanny could do worse.

I do not like him all that much but mikey has done weirder things. It was not about attitude when he left it was money..

TimBuff10
02-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Lorenzo Neal was released by the Chargers today too. I get him and Turner confused sometimes but wasn't Neal the one who scored the TD on that fumbleruski play?

He is a pretty good Fullback that would be nice to have but is age an issue with him too?

Hobe
02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey, we could do a lot worse then Mike Anderson. He wouldn't be a starter, but I bet he could contribute.

Beside, I think I still have a Mike Anderson jersey in the closet somewhere.

BroncoJoe
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM
steve sewell and gene lang.

I loved Sewell!

Timmy!
02-28-2008, 08:27 PM
For vet minimum he'd be a cheap backup for Henry. He knows the system and would probably make the team with what we have now if Sapp is gone. I really don't see it happening but it wouldn't be a terrible move. Anybody remember if MA can play special teams?:noidea:

Bronco9798
02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
For vet minimum he'd be a cheap backup for Henry. He knows the system and would probably make the team with what we have now if Sapp is gone. I really don't see it happening but it wouldn't be a terrible move. Anybody remember if MA can play special teams?:noidea:

He got injured in a pre-season game once playing special teams. Remember that?

nevcraw
02-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Lorenzo Neal was released by the Chargers today too. I get him and Turner confused sometimes but wasn't Neal the one who scored the TD on that fumbleruski play?

He is a pretty good Fullback that would be nice to have but is age an issue with him too?

I would take Neal or Richardson who is also an FA in heartbeat. Both are old as dirt but are still top FB's in the NFL..

Stargazer
02-29-2008, 03:49 AM

You can't be serious about that statement can you?:laugh:

BRONCOSFREAK765
02-29-2008, 09:08 AM
bring neal. see henrys numbers sky rocket. he's the type of player that can even make our line look good.

HolyDiver
02-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Anderson could come in and start at Fullback for us if Sapp is gone.............. He's 34, but still has had alot less wear and tear since he started the NFL at 26.