PDA

View Full Version : Why does an indoor team like the Colts old school black cleats?

lex
09-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Does anyone else think that this doesnt look right?

Tned
09-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Does anyone else think that this doesnt look right?

I know at one point last year or the year before Manning wanted to wear black sneakers to honor Unitas, maybe it has something to do with that.

lex
09-07-2007, 01:04 AM
I know at one point last year or the year before Manning wanted to wear black sneakers to honor Unitas, maybe it has something to do with that.

It looks dumb.

BroncoAV06
09-07-2007, 01:26 AM
You think every uniform looks dumb in some way.

Taken from Uni Watch:

• The trend toward black footwear continues. In 1999, there was only one black-shod squad among the league's 32 teams; now there are 19, with the latest converts being the 49ers (last year, this year) and Ravens (last year, this year).

That's it for this year, at least for now. But one change for next has already been announced: The league will be changing its logo, in part so the logo patch below the collar of each jersey will "pop" more on TV (further details here). You can read Uni Watch's take on the new shield design here.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/070905

SR
09-07-2007, 01:28 AM
I remember once in an interview Peyton said that he wanted to do it to honor Unitas and, since the team has to be uniform, they all did it together. I think it looks out of place seeing as how they don't have any black in their uniform, but I respect why they do it and I kind of like the nostalgic (sp?) feel it brings to their uniforms.