PDA

View Full Version : What would you give up for Shaun Rodgers?

HORSEPOWER 56
02-27-2008, 10:06 AM
With all the talk of a potential trade, what would you give up to get Shaun Rodgers?

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 10:10 AM
the 2nd rounder would be the max value I would give the Lions.

I would prefer the other options you have listed though except for the lazy bum one. I would rather a pro bowl player in his prime than a guy on the jets who not only gets paid more, but does not play at the same level as Rogers.

MHCBill
02-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Foxy and a #4 would be ideal...

Bronco9798
02-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Absolutely nothing. I'd send him a free brochure on work ethic and a good diet book.

BeefStew25
02-27-2008, 10:19 AM
If we do trade for him, can we put a rider in his contract stating we reserve the right to use a cattle prod on him at any time we see fit?

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Rumors have it that Lions woud trade Roy Williams for a 1st rounder.... I would have to consider trading back if we can and picking up another day 1 pick and then sending the newly required and later first rounder to the Lions for Roy Williams and then throw in Foxworth and a 4th for Rogers in that deal. Roy Williams and Brandon Marshall with Stokely in the slot... that would be one hell of a passing offense for Cutler and the Broncos as well as Rogers to help the run defense and pass rush.

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Won't do much good if Cutler is on his back.

BeefStew25
02-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Rumors have it that Lions woud trade Roy Williams for a 1st rounder.... I would have to consider trading back if we can and picking up another day 1 pick and then sending the newly required and later first rounder to the Lions for Roy Williams and then throw in Foxworth and a 4th for Rogers in that deal. Roy Williams and Brandon Marshall with Stokely in the slot... that would be one hell of a passing offense for Cutler and the Broncos as well as Rogers to help the run defense and pass rush.

And no youth to grow and call our own. You are on drugs. We need young cheap depth, you freak.

lex
02-27-2008, 10:24 AM
A fourth.

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 10:25 AM

Yeah, because if we pulled off that move we wouldn't do anything else with the rest of the draft picks we have and we wouldn't sign anyone in free agency.

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah, because if we pulled off that move we wouldn't do anything else with the rest of the draft picks we have and we wouldn't sign anyone in free agency.

But if you give up a 1st for another #1 receiver, you take the chance of either Williams or Marshall getting pissy about how many balls they are getting and still don't get the premier left tackle you need.

DallasChief
02-27-2008, 10:32 AM
When did Denver switch from picking up Cleveland's throw aways to Detroit's?

Rex
02-27-2008, 10:33 AM
When did Denver switch from picking up Cleveland's throw aways to Detroit's?

When did you start having sex with men?

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 10:35 AM
But if you give up a 1st for another #1 receiver, you take the chance of either Williams or Marshall getting pissy about how many balls they are getting and still don't get the premier left tackle you need.

Now you are making assumptions. Roy Williams didn't cry about Calvin Johnson and Marshall is telling Walker to come back... how do you know if they will get along or not?

And who is a premier left tackle in the 1st round? Week 1st round talent this year at the Tackle position. Clady, WAC conference tackle who struggled against "good" talent teams like Washington, Hawaii, and ECU... this is the answer to Culter's problems?

Please.... How about our perfect Cutler stop holding on the ball so long... actually settle for the short pass every now and then and how about we give our very young and talented guys some time to develop before we are saying they can't play in the NFL. Harris was a rookie last year and we are already ready to hand the job over to someone from the WAC conference? COME ON!

DallasChief
02-27-2008, 10:36 AM
When did you start having sex with men?

Please stay on topic.

tia

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Now you are making assumptions. Roy Williams didn't cry about Calvin Johnson and Marshall is telling Walker to come back... how do you know if they will get along or not?

And who is a premier left tackle in the 1st round? Week 1st round talent this year at the Tackle position. Clady, WAC conference tackle who struggled against "good" talent teams like Washington, Hawaii, and ECU... this is the answer to Culter's problems?

Please.... How about our perfect Cutler stop holding on the ball so long... actually settle for the short pass every now and then and how about we give our very young and talented guys some time to develop before we are saying they can't play in the NFL. Harris was a rookie last year and we are already ready to hand the job over to someone from the WAC conference? COME ON!

Johnson was on pace to lead the team in receptions and yards had he not missed the last 4 games...what was there to complain about?

Why so quick to dismiss Clady's talent? Apparently there has never been a talented O lineman from a "weak" conference.

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Johnson was on pace to lead the team in receptions and yards had he not missed the last 4 games...what was there to complain about?

Why so quick to dismiss Clady's talent? Apparently there has never been a talented O lineman from a "weak" conference.

Have you actually seen him play... because if you have I don't see how you can say he is worthy of a top 15 pick. He did well against weak teams with weak talent.... and really struggled against some of the better talented teams they played... Gave up 3.5 sacks versus Washington lead his team in false starts, and 2 sack gave up against ECU. How will this transition to the NFL? I have my doubts.

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Ok... I changed my mind... I wouldn't do the Rogers deal anymore... but only because something better has just been learned

Panthers shopping Peppers?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per sirius radio Adam Schefter

Sign me up for the Julius Peppers sweepstakes!

mclark
02-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Fourth round pick. Not Foxworth. Use Foxworth and Javon Walker to get Spears and Carpenter from Dallas.

What did we get for Warren?

mclark
02-27-2008, 11:06 AM

We have to deal with that big hole at left tackle. Agree.

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 11:08 AM
We have to deal with that big hole at left tackle. Agree.

Apparently a 3rd round pick out of Notre Dame with a bad back at age 23 is the answer. I was mistaken

BOSSHOGG30
02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Apparently a 3rd round pick out of Notre Dame with a bad back at age 23 is the answer. I was mistaken

Isn't Pears natural position LT? Didn't Pears do well at LT his rookie year?Can't Kuper play LT? Are you a doctor? Do you know how bad or serious Harris' back really is?

We have 3 guys on our current roster who can play LT. Like it or not, Shanahan is high on Harris and he will be our starting LT, unless a guy like Kuper or Pears beat him out.

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Isn't Pears natural position LT? Didn't Pears do well at LT his rookie year?Can't Kuper play LT? Are you a doctor? Do you know how bad or serious Harris' back really is?

We have 3 guys on our current roster who can play LT. Like it or not, Shanahan is high on Harris and he will be our starting LT, unless a guy like Kuper or Pears beat him out.

If he is so high on Harris, why did an undrafted FA get a chance to start in his rookie season, but Harris did not? Is he saving him for something or is his back not 100%?

When Harris or Pears line up in game 1 as the starting LT, I'll believe it...I'll also be praying for Jay, because he's screwed.

HolyDiver
02-27-2008, 11:18 AM
A 4th and Foxworth...............Paymah is our Nickel now and we have two 4th round picks. That would be a steal for us.

HolyDiver
02-27-2008, 11:19 AM
If he is so high on Harris, why did an undrafted FA get a chance to start in his rookie season, but Harris did not? Is he saving him for something or is his back not 100%?

When Harris or Pears line up in game 1 as the starting LT, I'll believe it...I'll also be praying for Jay, because he's screwed.

Remember the Lepsis/Teague battle? ...............Lepsis turned out pretty good Coach.

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Lepsis was MUCH better as a RT...especially when we had studs at LT.

mclark
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Not many teams go to the superbowl with an undrafted left tackle. We've never really believed in putting real money in to our offensive line, except when we won the Super Bowl.

shank
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
a fourth and a conditional pick next year based on production. (lions won't go for that)

if we give up a 2nd, i hope we can somehow trade down to later in the round first.

dogfish
02-27-2008, 03:22 PM
any combination of trading from 12 to 15, any 2nd day pick, foxworth, walker, gold or henry. . . i wouldn't feel particularly comfortable giving up a 2nd. . . .

champbronc2
02-29-2008, 08:58 PM
A 3rd rounder only.

Dont want to give up Foxy but surely not a 2nd rounder.