PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning – living history

Uncle Buck
09-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Don’t know how many got to see the NFL opener—Colts vs. the Saints—but I did (while working at home, alas, so did not see every play)…

But is this guy great or what?

That he will go down in the future HOF is a given. But how many records will he break along the road?

Peyton is as good as ever—maybe better—and based upon tonight’s performance, this looks like another SB contendership for the Colts. Who needs an Offensive Coordinator, with Manning out there calling the plays in his no-huddle lineup? Blood simple. Make Bill Gates your head coach and the Colts will go win.

No, wait. We have Jay Cutler. Cutler has the arm, but has he developed the instant decision-making characteristics as Peyton has displayed?

Only time will tell. For now, the Colts’ 6 foot-six 240 pound QB can dance around like a ballerina in the pocket, and deliver a lethal pass, just before a potential sack, unrattled.

I think this might be a clue as to why Shanny has tried to gear up to one objective in the past: Beat Manning.

What say you?

Watchthemiddle
09-07-2007, 01:21 AM
I say he is the best true QB that I have ever seen play the game.

It was interesting to hear the announcers talk about how Manning gets 3 plays from the sideline and sometimes doesn't even call the play until he gets up the line. And from there he can audible into any of them.

Not only does he have the smarts but his arm is good and accuracy are as good as anyones in the league.

I can't get over sometimes the chemistry that offense has and how well they work together.

From what I have read, Cutler has the smarts and he obviously has a cannon. Don't expect him to be Manning like this year, but given time I would like to see him run our offense in the same manner.

SR
09-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Manning is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best athletes to ever throw a football.

His commercials are pretty good too.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Quite possibly the best QB who will ever play the game. He's a legend in the making, and to an extent, already made.

Take into account he's doing this in the modern era against the bigger, faster, and stronger defenses, and he's truly head and shoulders above anyone else.

I'd put John second, but it took John a long time to get his complete game together and dominate. Manning still has 10 years left to play. He'll destroy every record outside of Favre's iron man streak, and that's only due to resting for the playoffs.

I hate the Colts, because they kill the Broncos every year in the playoffs, but Manning really is a treat to watch.

Hartley
09-07-2007, 03:11 PM
He'll destroy every record outside of Favre's iron man streak, and that's only due to resting for the playoffs.

Has Favre taken every single snap possible since he was drafted or something?:confused:

Because Manning has started every game since his rookie year.

topscribe
09-07-2007, 03:23 PM
When I watch Manning play football, I see Johnny Unitas . . . a bigger,
stronger Unitas. :shocked: No doubt he will eventually be considered the G.O.A.T.,
not necessarily because he is, but because he is the contemporary . . . the
attributes of players of yore traditionally fade into the past and are forgotten,
in any sport.

But he will certainly be one of the greatest ever, by any standards.

-----

KCL
09-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Manning is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best athletes to ever throw a football.

His commercials are pretty good too.

same here SR....I like some of his commercials...and he is one

heck of a QB...Of course it doesnt hurt that he has some good

receivers....I love seeing a QB air the ball out!!!!

broncos9697
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=UnoMyName?;10034]
this is a big quote from me and he has a long way to go but I think if he stays health all through the rest of his playing days he will be the best QB ever to play in the nfl...like I said thats I big quote from me