PDA

View Full Version : Dennison in Texas on Monday....

WARHORSE
01-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Kubaik got permission to interview Dennison for OC in Texas per Adam Scheffter on ESPN this morning.

He said they were best friends.

Good luck Dennison.

Good bye ZBS.

broncobryce
01-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Our O-line was garbage besides Clady and Kuper. So good luck to him I guess.

broncofanatic1987
01-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Let's hope he gets the job because we need a better offensive line than what we saw this season.

McDaniels wants to run a power running scheme. He can find a new offensive line coach that's better suited to make that happen. Of course they also need to upgrade the talent on the offensive line as well.

Elevation inc
01-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Kubaik got permission to interview Dennison for OC in Texas per Adam Scheffter on ESPN this morning.

He said they were best friends.

Good luck Dennison.

Good bye ZBS.

to be frank im not realy gonna miss it that much...in fact we havent even run it as much as many would like to believe since 2005.....we have gone to many more shotgun runs and formations since cutler was the QB under shanny...we just had OL guys that held up long enough for us to finally realize its now time to replace them instead of back then....

it will be a nice change to get the trenches big enough to hold up to the likes of more physical teams.....

Dennison was due and it certainly is about time for him to get a full time OC gig....not just a title under shanny....

Superchop 7
01-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Good luck Rick.

He was a VERY good coach.

getlynched47
01-10-2010, 09:32 PM
That sucks. Dennison was instrumental in Ryan Clady's development. Not to mention that our once-vaunted Zone Blocking Scheme will be basically erased from the Denver Broncos arsenal.

I will sorely miss the Zone Blocking Scheme :( :( :(

WARHORSE
01-11-2010, 02:56 AM
ANYONE watch the JETS game?

If you didnt, go back and watch it, and watch the offensive line on run plays.......and DROOL. On some plays, I saw all five guys driving their man five yards off the line.

FIVE YARDS.

And the JETS have the number one rushing attack in the league with.........gulp............Thomas Jones????

Thomas Jones a franchise back? Lets put it this way: The Oline in New York Jetsville IS the running game. Not that Jones isnt a reallly good back, he is. But hes not an Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell or Terrell Davis.

We need to beef our line like that.

dogfish
01-11-2010, 04:06 AM
and the ravens hammered the playoff bullies in new england-- on a day that their QB had like a hundred passing yards late in the third quarter. . .

mike iupati on draft day, please. . .

sneakers
01-11-2010, 04:27 AM
I don't think we will be using that type of offenseive line scheme any longer once McD gets the horses for the o-line he wants to run....I hope he gets the job.

Dirk
01-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Amen to upgrading the O-line with some bigger more physical guys!

Good luck Dennison! You deserve it! Anyone that put their blood sweat and tears into the Broncos deserves everything they have coming to them!

MileHighCrew
01-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Good Luck Dennison. He will have a lot of success in Texas and we need to change the O-line to match the way we now run the ball

Broncolingus
01-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I liked Dennison's dedication to the Broncos, but was never really 'sold' on him as a coach - although, I'll conceed that was based more on hunch than fact, so this isn't a major loss or something that'll keep me up at night...

...what will, however, is Denver needs to get better (maybe larger?) players at the Tackle position on both sides of the ball.

JMO...

milehigh
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I think he is a great offensive line coach, tough year for him though because of the injuries and Wiegmann showing his age. He is a great ZBS coach but since we are moving away from that it's not a big loss. I have no doubt Dennison will excel under Kubiak who runs the same system and has the players to run it as well.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I liked Dennison's dedication to the Broncos, but was never really 'sold' on him as a coach - although, I'll conceed that was based more on hunch than fact, so this isn't a major loss or something that'll keep me up at night...

...what will, however, is Denver needs to get better (maybe larger?) players at the Tackle position on both sides of the ball.

JMO...

So you want to move Clady to... guard or Center??? really?

Broncolingus
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
So you want to move Clady to... guard or Center??? really?

...no.

Where did I say that?

Ravage!!!
01-11-2010, 11:18 AM

JMO...

But.. when I do admit that when I read this the first time, I thought you said, "Tackle position on both sides" (I missed that "of the ball" ending)

Broncolingus
01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
But.. when I do admit that when I read this the first time, I thought you said, "Tackle position on both sides" (I missed that "of the ball" ending)

No problem, brother...

You're right and I agree with you...Clady is where he needs to be and I'd agree any idea of moving him would be el-stupido.

BTW, Lake of the Ozarks and Party Cove - crazy awesome place :salute:

-peace-

Ravage!!!
01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
BTW, Lake of the Ozarks and Party Cove - crazy awesome place :salute:

-peace-

h HELLL yeah..... when I was 18, I never wanted to leave the lake and that place!!

I haven't been back in years, but I heard its even crazier now than when I went

Lonestar
01-11-2010, 02:26 PM
adios, so long, do not the door hit you in the ass.

ex medicore LB coaching the OLINE ahahahahahahaha

another of mikes yes men gone.. we are indeed getting there..

roomemp
01-11-2010, 04:28 PM
adios, so long, do not the door hit you in the ass.

ex medicore LB coaching the OLINE ahahahahahahaha

another of mikes yes men gone.. we are indeed getting there..

Dennison was a good position coach. No more....No less......The only knock on Dennison is he is a ZB'ing guy. Time for us to probably part ways.

broncofaninfla
01-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Dennsion is a long time Bronco (player and coach) and is respected by coaches and players alike. He is being considered for OC for a reason, he's a good coach. IMO he deserves more respect than he is getting on this board. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth when players and coaches who don't have the Mcd connection get talked about like they are chumps. I think we are a better team with Dennsion aboard but I also feel he is better suited for the West Coast offense that Kub's has the Texans playing. It's far better than what the 2009 Broncos put in play.

Medford Bronco
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
and the ravens hammered the playoff bullies in new england-- on a day that their QB had like a hundred passing yards late in the third quarter. . .

mike iupati on draft day, please. . .

I wish we had Ray Rice instead of Moreno.......

The Glue Factory
01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I think we are a better team with Dennsion aboard but I also feel he is better suited for the West Coast offense that Kub's has the Texans playing. It's far better than what the 2009 Broncos put in play.

Then again, What the Broncos put on the field this year was 50% of old and 50% of new which equals 95% crap!

This transition probably isn't going to be much fun but it's necessary. McDaniels has a different way of doing things than Shanahan and most of what Shanahan had needs to go for McDaniels to be successful. You just can't jettison everything in a single year. It will likely take another year or two for the transition to be complete and then another year for it to be firmly established. I hope not but change isn't easy.

Yes we have favorite coaches and players. Ones that produce well. Unfortunately, they may not produce so well in the new system and need to find a place where they can do well. McDaniels will find what does well in his system and bring those people here. What I expect to hear a lot of the next two years is what varioius people think McDaniels should do and then scream idiocy when he doesn't do it.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2010, 06:44 PM
What I expect to hear a lot of the next two years is what varioius people think McDaniels should do and then scream idiocy when he doesn't do it.

Like they do with every other coach :beer:

elsid13
01-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't think we will be using that type of offenseive line scheme any longer once McD gets the horses for the o-line he wants to run....I hope he gets the job.

Because the two things that comes to mind when you think about NE football is smash mouth football and great run game.....

Medford Bronco
01-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Because the two things that comes to mind when you think about NE football is smash mouth football and great run game.....

when NE had Corey Dillon that was the case and McD was there for that.

dogfish
01-12-2010, 12:09 AM
when NE had Corey Dillon that was the case and McD was there for that.

yep. . . you may not think of them as a running team because they have brady, moss and welker (who wouldn't pass a lot with those guys?), but when they run it, they run it pretty effectively. . . 12th in rushing yards per game this year, 6th last year, 13th in '07, 12th in '06. . . and it's not like they have a devestating speed back who picks it up in big chunks. . . yea, they mix in some shotgun runs, but they can mash fairly respectably when they want to. . . remember sammy morris and ben-jarvus whatever killing us last year? :doh:

no one's going to confuse them with baltimore or the jets, but they're typically pretty solid, even without a good RB. . .

Dirk
01-12-2010, 06:59 AM

I think once the o-line gets some players that don't alow the opposing defense to be in the backfield when he gets the ball, Moreno is going to be just as dynamic as rice with a little more agility to allude tackles.

Moreno did pretty good for a rookie behind a less than mediocre o-line.

EastCoastBronco
01-12-2010, 08:13 AM

If we had Baltimore's O-Line, Moreno would have had another 300 yards rushing at least. It's all about the O-Line. We need an new one. A bigger one.

broncofaninfla
01-12-2010, 10:09 AM
I think once the o-line gets some players that don't alow the opposing defense to be in the backfield when he gets the ball, Moreno is going to be just as dynamic as rice with a little more agility to allude tackles.

Moreno did pretty good for a rookie behind a less than mediocre o-line.

Moreno isn't in the same league as Rice. The good ones can elude tackles. Denvers failure to run the ball wasn't all on the oline, Moreno played a HUGE part in that as well.

Dirk
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Moreno isn't in the same league as Rice. The good ones can elude tackles. Denvers failure to run the ball wasn't all on the oline, Moreno played a HUGE part in that as well.

Not as much as some here seem to think.

How many times did the opposing defense push back the offensive line into the running back?

The true "tell all" about how poorly the line played was on short yardage. Moreno, Bucky, Jordan and even Hillis were stuffed on short yardage plays because the offensive line couldn't take care of their business.

So, I won't say that Moreno is better than Rice and I won't say that Rice is better than Moreno. But I will say I believe if Moreno had Rice's offensive line making holes for him, Moreno would have possibly won ROY.

But again, it is an "IF". So no way of ever knowing if I am right or wrong.

Speculation

Rookie seasons
Moreno - 947 yards
Rice - 454 yards

This was Rice's breakout year. Maybe 2010 will be Moreno's. I sure hope so!

But yeah...I love the way Rice runs. :D

TXBRONC
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM

In my opinion a lot of problem rushing to the ball had to do with not settling on one particular scheme. The offensive line was asked to do both trap blocking and zone blocking. I think McDaniels would have been better off just keep the zone blocking scheme for this past season. If he had done that I think the running game would have been more effective.

Ravage!!!
01-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Rookie seasons
Moreno - 947 yards
Rice - 454 yards

I know what you are saying Dirk, and read your post. But when you put the numbers up on rushing yards, I couldn't help compare the number of carries each had.

Rookie seasons
Moreno - 247 (3.8ypc)
Roce - 107 (4.2ypc)

Thats what happens when you get over twice as many carries.. you get more yardage.

Hopefull you are right. As you said, this next season could be Moreno's break-out season. We all hope so, we all need it to be. I personally think he'll do better only because I don't think the OL could get worse...

BUT... I still don't think that Moreno is what was advertised when coming out of college. I didn't see a single "wow" moment all year long. Not one "that is why we took him in the first" type of run. Maybe we'll see that next season :beer:

Dirk
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Agreed.

G_Money
01-12-2010, 12:35 PM
I saw it in the pre-season. Then he got injured.

And he never ran the same again.

*shakes head* The kid better go work out like crazy in the offseason, go find that leg drive that he was missing for most of the year. We need Moreno to be the back he can be, not the back he was this year.

In the meantime, McDaniels needs to get him a line to run behind, and perhaps try these things called sweeps and tosses to get him in space instead of telling him to plant his facemask between the center's backpedaling butt-cheeks on every run.

~G

elsid13
01-12-2010, 05:55 PM
In my opinion a lot of problem rushing to the ball had to do with not settling on one particular scheme. The offensive line was asked to do both trap blocking and zone blocking. I think McDaniels would have been better off just keep the zone blocking scheme for this past season. If he had done that I think the running game would have been more effective.

The line did the run both option last year. Denver was not a elusive ZBS team under Shanahan. Last year they incorporated a lot of trap plays because of the guys they had on the offense line.