PDA

View Full Version : Bailey/Bly vs Harrison/Wayne?

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 12:45 AM
This is kinda like a tag team match up. Champ isn't a huge concern at coverage. I am more concerned about Bly. It always seems we get burned but the Colts #2 WR. Wayne killed us last year and I am pretty concerned if Bly is up to the task.

Who is going to win this match up? The Colts WR's or Denvers DB's???

dogfish
09-07-2007, 12:56 AM
sorry to say it, but indy's WRs will probably win-- WRs get EVERY advantage in today's game, and their's are the best around-- not to mention, manning is easily the best passer in the league, and one of the best ever. . .

honestly though, the matchup that will matter more is travis henry vs. indy's defense (they looked great tonight, but i'm still a looong way from convinced!). . . the only way to beat indy is to run for 400 yards on e'm the way jacksonville did last year. . . i thought sean payton tried to get a little too cute, instead of sticking to a steady diet of deuce up the middle to wear down their undersized front. . .

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-07-2007, 01:00 AM
I have to say the Colts will win that battle.I sure hope Simeon Rice bring a fierce pash rush with him :mad:

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 01:02 AM
sorry to say it, but indy's WRs will probably win-- WRs get EVERY advantage in today's game, and their's are the best around-- not to mention, manning is easily the best passer in the league, and one of the best ever. . .

honestly though, the matchup that will matter more is travis henry vs. indy's defense (they looked great tonight, but i'm still a looong way from convinced!). . . the only way to beat indy is to run for 400 yards on e'm the way jacksonville did last year. . . i thought sean payton tried to get a little too cute, instead of sticking to a steady diet of deuce up the middle to wear down their undersized front. . .

ive get a knot in my stomach when i think about it. i still think indy has the advantage as well. im more concerned about the guy THROWING to harrison and wayne.

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 01:03 AM
I have to say the Colts will win that battle.I sure hope Simeon Rice bring a fierce pash rush with him :mad:

hey put the other side of farley up here too.

lex
09-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Im uneasy about Blys limited stature. Reggie Wayne isnt exactly short and this presents a problem.

topscribe
09-07-2007, 01:09 AM
This is not really a battle of talent. It is one of natural advantage. The
receiver knows where he is going before he goes. The DB knows only after the
receiver starts that way, and he has to react. This is why the DB desperately
needs to be complemented by a good pass rush.

In the game tonight, the best DB on Indy's team was Sweeney. That's right,
Sweeney. Indy has so-so pass defenders . . . nothing like Denver's. But Brees
never had the time he wanted to pass. Against a mediocre pass rush, Brees
would have killed that secondary.

It goes back to the adage that the game is won in the trenches. It surely is. :coffee:

-----

topscribe
09-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Im uneasy about Blys limited stature. Reggie Wayne isnt exactly short and this presents a problem.
Bly is 5-10 and Wayne 6-0. Taller, yes . . . a lot taller, no.

-----

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 01:16 AM

It goes back to the adage that the game is won in the trenches. It surely is. :coffee:

-----

then one could say if DBs are complemented by a good pass rush, then WRs are complemented by a good pass? :juggle:

Watchthemiddle
09-07-2007, 01:16 AM
If Manning has all day to pass it doesn't matter who is playing WR because he will find them.

If pressured, then I choose Champ/Bly. If not, then its Harrison/Wayne.

lex
09-07-2007, 01:18 AM

-----

Bly is listed as 5'10 maybe...but thats suspect. He looks like he is lucky to hit 5'9".

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Bly is listed as 5'10 maybe...but thats suspect. He looks like he is lucky to hit 5'9".

we all know what wayne can do against a shorter DB. lets face it. DWILL was on the hotseat last year after that game. im pretty sure if wayne has another game like that then bly will get blamed.

BroncoAV06
09-07-2007, 01:20 AM
If Manning has all day to pass it doesn't matter who is playing WR because he will find them.

If pressured, then I choose Champ/Bly. If not, then its Harrison/Wayne.

True, but there is no dening how good Wayne/Harrison/Manning are.

What I found veryinteresting is that the Colts offensive line coach has been the same for 10 years, really haelps when you can put together such good o-lines.

Also the Colts only have 4 players on their roster that have played for other teams! Just great scouting/drafting by the Colts management.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Trick to beating the Colts is 1) To follow the Jacksonville blueprint, and 2) Luck.

Step 1 involves, as Dogfish mentioned, running the ball extensively in an effort to have a ball control, low scoring game. The Jags have a bigger and stronger O-line, which works well in blowing the Indy DTs and DEs off the LoS. We're kind of a disadvantage there because we have finesse guys, and Indy is a tough team to out-finesse on the DL.

The thing is though, that the Saints tried to copy the Jacksonville method to a degree. Along with a steady diet of running plays, Jax usually mixes in a ton of screen passes and slants. Tonight the Colts defense stuffed those types of plays completely. That's new. And the reason is because their new starters went nuts. Marlon Jackson was exceptional. Kelvin Haydon looked good. And that new LB, Kieho (sp?) was ridiculous. Hopefully that doesn't hold up the entire season.

But anyway, doing the dink and dunk passing game, mixed with a steady running game was the best technique and probably still is. You just need to have a little luck in that Peyton doesn't get hot. Once he gets hot, he zones in on the weak link on your defense and goes to town. Tonight it was Jason David. And Manning really got hot in that second half, it also didn't help that Brees panicked and choked under pressure and frustration.

Regardless, outside of Jacksonville, which usually beats the Colts or plays them tough for whatever reason, I think we are the best 4-3 team concerning matchup purposes. We have the secondary, We have a strong nickel back, we have the running attack, and I feel like we have the DEs (finally), to flush Manning around. I'm also very comfortable with Ian Gold on the TEs. If DJ Williams can handle Addai's cutback lanes and Cutler doesn't implode on offense, I think we have even odds to beat them.

lex
09-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Trick to beating the Colts is 1) To follow the Jacksonville blueprint, and 2) Luck.

Step 1 involves, as Dogfish mentioned, running the ball extensively in an effort to have a ball control, low scoring game. The Jags have a bigger and stronger O-line, which works well in blowing the Indy DTs and DEs off the LoS. We're kind of a disadvantage there because we have finesse guys, and Indy is a tough team to out-finesse on the DL.

The thing is though, that the Saints tried to copy the Jacksonville method to a degree. Along with a steady diet of running plays, Jax usually mixes in a ton of screen passes and slants. Tonight the Colts defense stuffed those types of plays completely. That's new. And the reason is because their new starters went nuts. Marlon Jackson was exceptional. Kelvin Haydon looked good. And that new LB, Kieho (sp?) was ridiculous. Hopefully that doesn't hold up the entire season.

But anyway, doing the dink and dunk passing game, mixed with a steady running game was the best technique and probably still is. You just need to have a little luck in that Peyton doesn't get hot. Once he gets hot, he zones in on the weak link on your defense and goes to town. Tonight it was Jason David. And Manning really got hot in that second half, it also didn't help that Brees panicked and choked under pressure and frustration.

Regardless, outside of Jacksonville, which usually beats the Colts or plays them tough for whatever reason, I think we are the best 4-3 team concerning matchup purposes. We have the secondary, We have a strong nickel back, we have the running attack, and I feel like we have the DEs (finally), to flush Manning around. I'm also very comfortable with Ian Gold on the TEs. If DJ Williams can handle Addai's cutback lanes and Cutler doesn't implode on offense, I think we have even odds to beat them.

Honestly, I felt we would have been OK had our blitzing not been too predictable. It seemed like too often the blitzes were all or nothing. When it was everyone it made it easy for Manning to dump it off over the middle...and when there was no blitzing Manning had all day to find Wayne who was towering over Williams. Its better to make Manning wonder where the blitz is coming, which is also why the 3-4 is effective vs the Colts.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Honestly, I felt we would have been OK had our blitzing not been too predictable. It seemed like too often the blitzes were all or nothing. When it was everyone it made it easy for Manning to dump it off over the middle...and when there was no blitzing Manning had all day to find Wayne who was towering over Williams. Its better to make Manning wonder where the blitz is coming, which is also why the 3-4 is effective vs the Colts.

Definitely.

The Colts are extremely succeptable to the 3-4, and I think it's for the reason you detailed...its the only defense which gives Manning even a remote sense of trouble and confusion.

We have the players to toss in that type of defensive look, hopefully we experiment with it some.

topscribe
09-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Bly measures at exactly 5'9⅞". That has been thoroughly discussed and documented.

-----

lex
09-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Bly measures at exactly 5'9⅞". That has been thoroughly discussed and documented.

-----

How has it been documented?

dogfish
09-07-2007, 01:33 AM

-----

top, i agree with your point about the pass rush in general terms, but against manning even a good pass rush often isn't enough-- especially when it's a straight-forward scheme like bates uses. . . the schemes that have had the most success slowing him down are ones that rely heavily on deception AND have an elite pass rusher or two-- 3-4 Ds with their complicated blitz packages have traditionally given him the most trouble, and baltimore and new england's complex shifting fronts. . . but if he knows where the pressure is coming from, he's going to beat it more often than not-- he's one of the best ever at pre-snap reads and adjustments, and his receivers know when to break off their routes to beat the blitz. . . if there is a hot route or checkdown option available, manning will probably find it. . .

people thought having a rookie left tackle would cause them problems, but it didn't even phase manning a little. . . tonight will smith was consistently getting past ugoh, but PAYton just slid right past him or dumped the ball off before the pressure got there. . . earlier in manning's career it was possible to rattle him by hitting him early in the game, but as he's matured he even seems less vulnerable to that. . . their offense is about as close as it comes to unstoppbale-- IMO the only real chance against them is to keep them off the field, or, as MUG says, catch a few lucky breaks. . .

topscribe
09-07-2007, 01:33 AM
How has it been documented?
Great big long thread, a protracted discussion, with references from all over
the league. Maybe that was over on Broncomania, come to think of it. But
I can say unequivocably that Bly is exactly 5'9⅞" because I was a part of
that thread.

-----

lex
09-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Definitely.

The Colts are extremely succeptable to the 3-4, and I think it's for the reason you detailed...its the only defense which gives Manning even a remote sense of trouble and confusion.

We have the players to toss in that type of defensive look, hopefully we experiment with it some.

Well we also have fast linebackers so maybe that would minimize risk for the 2 nonblitzing LBs remaining in coverage. With a 4-3, you might give up some points or yards but with 5 rushing you should also have a decent chance of getting enough pressure to the extent that there will also be some easy turnover opportunities.

topscribe
09-07-2007, 01:36 AM
top, i agree with your point about the pass rush in general terms, but against manning even a good pass rush often isn't enough-- especially when it's a straight-forward scheme like bates uses. . . the schemes that have had the most success slowing him down are ones that rely heavily on deception AND have an elite pass rusher or two-- 3-4 Ds with their complicated blitz packages have traditionally given him the most trouble, and baltimore and new england's complex shifting fronts. . . but if he knows where the pressure is coming from, he's going to beat it more often than not-- he's one of the best ever at pre-snap reads and adjustments, and his receivers know when to break off their routes to beat the blitz. . . if there is a hot route or checkdown option available, manning will probably find it. . .

people thought having a rookie left tackle would cause them problems, but it didn't even phase manning a little. . . tonight will smith was consistently getting past ugoh, but PAYton just slid right past him or dumped the ball off before the pressure got there. . . earlier in manning's career it was possible to rattle him by hitting him early in the game, but as he's matured he even seems less vulnerable to that. . . their offense is about as close as it comes to unstoppbale-- IMO the only real chance against them is to keep them off the field, or, as MUG says, catch a few lucky breaks. . .
If you compare Manning against just about anybody, Manning wins. But
Manning isn't the topic here. The point is that CBs get better when the
pass rush gets better. That is indisputable.

-----

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 01:36 AM
this is kinda irrelevant but if harrison/wayne were on a team like lets say the niners and bailey/bly were on a team like the cardinals would you guys still feel that they had the advantage?

i say no. i say no because mainly of peyton. can anyone find some kryptonite?

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 01:41 AM

always remember to measure from the base and not the top.

topscribe
09-07-2007, 01:42 AM
this is kinda irrelevant but if harrison/wayne were on a team like lets say the niners and bailey/bly were on a team like the cardinals would you guys still feel that they had the advantage?

i say no. i say no because mainly of peyton. can anyone find some kryptonite?
No, that is entirely relevant. I think you scored there. In a straight across
comparison, it would be hard to give Harrison/Wayne the advantage over our
receivers, all other things equal. Throw in Peyton, however, and all the
sudden any defense has all kinds of problems . . . even our secondary.

Make sense?

-----

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 01:45 AM
No, that is entirely relevant. I think you scored there. In a straight across
comparison, it would be hard to give Harrison/Wayne the advantage over our
receivers, all other things equal. Throw in Peyton, however, and all the
sudden any defense has all kinds of problems . . . even our secondary.

Make sense?

-----

makes sense to me now hopefully our defense doesnt forget to bring the charcoals if they are wanting to start a fire.

dogfish
09-07-2007, 01:49 AM
If you compare Manning against just about anybody, Manning wins. But
Manning isn't the topic here. The point is that CBs get better when the
pass rush gets better. That is indisputable.

-----

sorry, but i don't see how you can have a discussion about wayne and harrison without mentioning manning. . . he's a huge part of their success-- that is indisputable. . .

if we're discussing wayne and harrison vs. champ and dre in a vacuum, then i don't see why the pass rush should factor into the discussion any more than the quarterback. . . unfortunately, we won't have the luxury of facing one isloated element of indy's ferocious passing attack unless someone is hurt, and they are a well-oiled machine-- everyone knows their role and executes it, and those guys are arguably the best pair of route-runners in the league (holt and bruce are the only tandem that compares, IMO). . . our CBs are good enough to slow them down, but no one stops them one-on-one, and if the safety takes a false step BAM! there's the post for a big play down the field. . . champ has handled harrison pretty well in the past, but i don't see a #2 corner in the league who can consistently contain wayne w/o a LOT of help over the top, and that includes bly. . .

Watchthemiddle
09-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Maybe we should be talking about Champ/Bly vs Evans/Price.
Just a thought.

:coffee:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Maybe we should be talking about Champ/Bly vs Evans/Price.
Just a thought.

:coffee:

Nah. There's no contest or threat there. The Bills suck, and while Evans has ability, he's a one man show going up against a secondary that is anything but.

I suppose we could discuss how quickly into the game we can make the Buffalo fans start calling for Trent Edwards. I'm going with Halftime.

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 02:07 AM
sorry, but i don't see how you can have a discussion about wayne and harrison without mentioning manning. . . he's a huge part of their success-- that is indisputable. . .

if we're discussing wayne and harrison vs. champ and dre in a vacuum, then i don't see why the pass rush should factor into the discussion any more than the quarterback. . . unfortunately, we won't have the luxury of facing one isloated element of indy's ferocious passing attack unless someone is hurt, and they are a well-oiled machine-- everyone knows their role and executes it, and those guys are arguably the best pair of route-runners in the league (holt and bruce are the only tandem that compares, IMO). . . our CBs are good enough to slow them down, but no one stops them one-on-one, and if the safety takes a false step BAM! there's the post for a big play down the field. . . champ has handled harrison pretty well in the past, but i don't see a #2 corner in the league who can consistently contain wayne w/o a LOT of help over the top, and that includes bly. . .

so are you saying that bruce/holt as a tandem are better than bly/bailey?

i know you have to look at it from a team perspective but if we played the rams who would get the better of who?

you could say that bailey got the better of a lot of recievers last season but im not convinced that our weak pass rush had anything to do with it. i think champs pure raw talent got the better of basically everyone.

dogfish
09-07-2007, 02:14 AM
so are you saying that bruce/holt as a tandem are better than bly/bailey?

i know you have to look at it from a team perspective but if we played the rams who would get the better of who?

you could say that bailey got the better of a lot of recievers last season but im not convinced that our weak pass rush had anything to do with it. i think champs pure raw talent got the better of basically everyone.

not at all, i only meant that those two are the only pair in the league that compares to wayne and harrison as route-runners. . . not as overall receivers. . .

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2007, 02:21 AM
not at all, i only meant that those two are the only pair in the league that compares to wayne and harrison as route-runners. . . not as overall receivers. . .

I dunno....

Chad Johnson/ TJ Houshmanzadeh probably surpass Holt and Bruce at this stage of their careers. Those guys run flawless routes.

Also, a sleeper combo in this discussion is Hines Ward/ Santonio Holmes. Ward has always been one of the best route runners in the game, and by all accounts, Holmes was remarkable in that area even as a rookie.

Anyway, I agree with your stance concerning the elite route running WRs versus elite coverage CBs.

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 02:23 AM

hey if cutler is the second coming of elway then in a few years they'll be saying the same about walker/marshal :beer:

DenBronx
09-07-2007, 02:28 AM
I dunno....

Chad Johnson/ TJ Houshmanzadeh probably surpass Holt and Bruce at this stage of their careers. Those guys run flawless routes.

Also, a sleeper combo in this discussion is Hines Ward/ Santonio Holmes. Ward has always been one of the best route runners in the game, and by all accounts, Holmes was remarkable in that area even as a rookie.

Anyway, I agree with your stance concerning the elite route running WRs versus elite coverage CBs.

elite CBs are way harder to find then elite WRs. it seems every team nowdays has at least one really good WR. then most teams dont even have one good DB.

the colts dont have good DBs...i just think the rest of their D makes them look good at times.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2007, 05:18 AM
elite CBs are way harder to find then elite WRs. it seems every team nowdays has at least one really good WR. then most teams dont even have one good DB.

the colts dont have good DBs...i just think the rest of their D makes them look good at times.

I agree with the initial point that "elite CBs are way harder to find then elite WRs". Absolutely.

I might have to argue with the second part though. The Colts very well could have a good secondary. Nobody is going to dispute that Bob Sanders is one of the better safeties in the league. So, that's 1 of 4. Marlin Jackson was a top draft selection from Michigan, where he was arguably one of the better college defensive backs in the nation. He's starting, and racked up an impressive 12 tackles last night. He could be very good. Kelvin Hayden, like Jackson, has had 3 years to learn the system, and Hayden was a 2nd round selection. He's starting now, and he looked good last night. He could be good. Antoine Bethea was excellent last season as the other starting safety.

On top of all this, they have another 2nd rounder from 2006, Tim Jennings as their nickel back. They have Daymeion Hughes, whom was a massive playmaker at Cal, as their dime back.

The Colts are stacked. They don't have much in terms of depth though, especially at safety. If they stay healthy, they'll be a top defense, if they get injured like last year, they'll be a sieve.

Hawgdriver
09-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Great topic.

Here's why Wayne/Harrison has 100% of the votes at this point: they execute a plan with Manning that no DB in this league can beat. To illustrate, follow along with me on this situation:

Harrison lines up opposite Champ, right side. Champ is playing 8 yds off the line. The ball is snapped. During this play, at the 10 yard point, Harrison makes a decision. If Champ has turned his hips away from Manning, Harrison can make the decision to run a comeback. This relies on Manning making the same read on Champ, and putting the ball in the air before Harrison makes his decision. If Manning and Harrison both make the read correctly, then it's a short completion. On the other hand, if Champ remains square to Harrison, then Marvin will decide to explode downfield, gaining a momentary advantage while Champ snaps his hips to pursue. Again, if Manning makes the same read, the ball is already in the air before Harrison makes his move. In both cases, Harrison and Manning execute their reads perfectly, and the play is a completion against Champ. In neither case did Champ make the 'wrong' move, he's just reacting to the stimulus in front of him. The margin for error on the part of Manning (and Harrison) is very, very slim. But the two of them together are very, very good. Since Manning is smart, he won't push his luck too often--even though he might be able to take advantage of Harrison on Bailey several times in the game.

Other teams do not have that precise level of execution--that's what makes Manning/Harrison and, to a lesser degree Manning/Wayne, so terrific. They know their timing and reads so well.

When a QB and his WRs are this good, it's almost unfair to the DBs. That is why it is so crucial to disrupt Manning's rhythm with an unpredictable pass rush--blocking passing lanes and making him move if not sacking him outright--a daunting task given the excellence of the Indy offensive line, quarterbacked itself by one of the best, Saturday.

I think Champ and Dre will do fine, but even if they give a perfect performance, Wayne and Harrison will still be able to have a good game unless Denver can bring a consistent pass rush.

Dean
09-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Given any route/coverage there is someplace that if the ball were to be thrown there the DB has no chance to get to the ball. Peyton Manning has shown the ability to put the ball in those places with regularity. Given time to pass, Indy has the edge irregardless of who or where the corners are. However, even the smallest disruption to the QB and those throw become as rare as hen's teeth.

Bronco Bible
09-07-2007, 06:53 AM

-----

But he seems to play a lot taller:sad:

Nomad
09-07-2007, 06:58 AM
After watching the Colts last night they haven't skipped a beat from last year (unless NO is going back to their old ways of losing). I agree with Topscribe that if we don't get a pass rush then Peyton is going to pick the BRONCOS secondary apart.

NameUsedBefore
09-07-2007, 08:39 AM
A better question would be Denver's D-Line vs. the Colt's O-Line. Bly and Bailey could play their best games ever, but with no pressure that still wouldn't be enough vs. Manning and Co.

Bronco Bible
09-07-2007, 08:46 AM
I am hopeful that with the addition of Rice & Adams we are going to be able to get to Manning , with pressure both to the out side and up the middle.:2cents:

SM19
09-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Our cornerbacks have never been the biggest concern against Indianapolis. It'll come down to defensive pressure, like always. If we have it, we should be able to get some stops. If we don't people will be calling for Foxworth to start by halftime.

topscribe
09-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Given any route/coverage there is someplace that if the ball were to be thrown there the DB has no chance to get to the ball. Peyton Manning has shown the ability to put the ball in those places with regularity. Given time to pass, Indy has the edge irregardless of who or where the corners are. However, even the smallest disruption to the QB and those throw become as rare as hen's teeth.
Exactly what I was trying to say.

All things equal, you have to give the elite receiver the advantage over the
elite CB, especially when that receiver is at the other end of Manning's
passes. So you have to do something to make it not equal . . . like a pass
rush.

-----

SBboundBRONCOS
09-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Great big long thread, a protracted discussion, with references from all over
the league. Maybe that was over on Broncomania, come to think of it. But
I can say unequivocably that Bly is exactly 5'9?" because I was a part of
that thread.

-----

hahaah that was the most ridiculous thread in the world, one member kept denying it while everybody is throwin the facts at him . . . .the only way he was going to believe it was if he took bly and a tape measure and did it himslef:rofl:

but i agree pass push against the colts is key, other wise manning will slice and dice us all day no matter who the WR are.

as long as we can contain addai to a reasonable amount of yards and even get 1-2 sacks but keep pressure on manning than we can and will win that game, other wise it will be a long day, i hate watching us play th colts (i knew last year when we scored those last points with 1:50 left we were done)

topscribe
09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
hahaah that was the most ridiculous thread in the world, one member kept denying it while everybody is throwin the facts at him . . . .the only way he was going to believe it was if he took bly and a tape measure and did it himslef:rofl:

but i agree pass push against the colts is key, other wise manning will slice and dice us all day no matter who the WR are.

as long as we can contain addai to a reasonable amount of yards and even get 1-2 sacks but keep pressure on manning than we can and will win that game, other wise it will be a long day, i hate watching us play th colts (i knew last year when we scored those last points with 1:50 left we were done)
Well, remember, we have our own good QB and fine receivers, too.

Just a side comment.

Now, :focus:

-----

TXBRONC
09-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Who wins those matches up really depends on what happens up front. If we get pressure on Manning harass him, knock him on his can then Bailey and Bly have the edge, otherwise the Colts do.

broncosfanscott
09-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Right now I would have to go with the Colts WRs. I'll have to wait for the days before that game to give a better answer. If our D is playing well at that time then it will be different, yet either way I am not concerned about Bailey, it's Bly. The game is four weeks away.........so we'll see.

TXBRONC
09-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Right now I would have to go with the Colts WRs. I'll have to wait for the days before that game to give a better answer. If our D is playing well at that time then it will be different, yet either way I am not concerned about Bailey, it's Bly. The game is four weeks away.........so we'll see.

I think Bailey and Bly will be able to hold their own, but they will still need the front four get after Manning and make his day miserable if they can. They do that Bailey and Bly will hold up their end.

omac
09-08-2007, 06:14 AM

I think this is a real good point. And it's not just Manning to Wayne and Harrison ... it's Manning reading the defense and not just adjusting, but dictating to it.

Since a huge part is reading the defense, maybe DJ should be involved in the equation since it's up to him now to read the offense and make the right adjustments. And in this scenario, Manning has the huge advantage.

DenBronx
09-28-2007, 10:19 PM
so are you guys ready for this matchup?

konnorrollison
09-29-2007, 12:22 AM
i think we can and WILL in the matchup