PDA

View Full Version : Joe Theismann - Permanent Mouth Closure

Broncolingus
01-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I thought dude was gone, but NBC decided that there wasn't enough idiotic banter during their playoff games this year and added him...

Anyway, curious how many people think the worlds a better place without listening to him during a game...

http://www.yyrkoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/anderson.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2010, 07:22 PM
If I had my choice between him and Korn, I would take Joe.

girler
01-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Well he's fun to laugh at sometimes. :confused:

Overtime
01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
I'd rather listen to him than

Gumbel
Collinsworthless OMFG FTMFL FAIL
Costas
Millen
Papa
Tericho
Olberman

When Theisman, McQuire, and Patrick used to do Sunday Night Football, they were very knowledgeable and entertaining.

They need to get those 3 back on SNF, and put Gruden and Michaels on MNF.

BroncoAV06
01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Charles Barkley should just do eveything, that is one funny dude.

frauschieze
01-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I vote for meh. I'm not a big fan of listening to commentary anyway, except to make fun of it. Not saying I could do a better job, but man, it's been getting more and more ridiculous as the years wear on.

OrangeHoof
01-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Once a year is not so bad so long as it is not one my teams he's covering. Plus, there should be a law that he has to have Paul Maguire there to tell him what an idiot he is everytime he speaks.

aberdien
01-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Charles Barkley should just do eveything, that is one funny dude.

That would be turrible.

I don't mind him, better than Collinsworth. Joe Gibbs doesn't have a broadcast voice.

Day1BroncoFan
01-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I long for the days of Howard Cosell.

He... Could... Go... All... The... Way...!

It wouldn't be so bad if the announcers didn't have such an obvious prejudice for one of the teams. I guess that's what they are looking for nowadays. It can't be an accident unless they are dumber than I give them credit for.

EDIT:

I did vote yes simply because this is America!!!

missingnumber7
01-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Best part of him in the boot was when they were making fun of his punt. And he was going to make a comment about the kicker that was punting...and Gibbs told him not to say a word.

broncofaninfla
01-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I've literally watched games with no sound so I didn't have to listen to Theisman. Loved him as a player but hate him as a commentator.