PDA

View Full Version : Justin McCareins?

BOSSHOGG30
02-26-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm not saying I want him, but I thought this was worth a post just for the fact that Denver tried to trade for him last year. One has to think that Denver would still be interested.

Jets released WR Justin McCareins.

McCareins was due a $2.5 million roster bonus in March, which wasn't going to happen for a wide receiver coming off a 19-catch season. He was well-thought of before stalling in New York, so he'll likely sign a more reasonable contract and compete for a No. 3 job elsewhere. Tennessee is a possibility.
Source: newyorkjets.com

BeefStew25
02-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Start a Kennison thread also Boss.

underrated29
02-26-2008, 06:39 PM
He has been in my sig the whole time this year except when i just changed it as i would rather B johnson.

But he still is who i think we pick up, for those exact reasons, we almost traded for him and he is a speedy little....

dogfish
02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
he wouldn't be a terrible pickup-- he's a one-dimensional deep threat, but we could use a guy like that to stretch the field, and he would probably be more productive here with a rocket-armed QB than in new york with noodle-armed pennington. . . he's not a legitimate #2, but some big plays down the field would justify the modest salary he's likely to get. . . i'd rather have johnson or hackett, but if money is tight i'd rather invest in the OL or the front seven-- we're a running team anyways. . . .

nevcraw
02-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Right now w/ sStokes in the slot I would prefer to have a more complete WR as the number 2. That's why i am prett high on Hackett. He's just starting blossom and knows the WCO. But if Hackett or Johnson are not possible Then a stop gap speed guy would ok too. While Pick #2 Early Doucet picks up the system ;-)