PDA

View Full Version : with the broncos out ....who would you like to see get to and win the sb?

T.K.O.
01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
just thought it would be interesting to see where we bronco fans stand on the remaining contenders.
i normally root for whoever represents the afc as i am an afc fan,however i cant help but think it would be cool for favre to hoist the lombardi this year (after all we took away his last chance at the prize.)
this certainly could (or maybe not....or maybe....) be his last chance and i think he deserves to go out on top like elway did.
i also wouldnt mind seeing the bengals take it all as the poor guys havnt won a playoff game in 19 years
.green bay would also be a cool dark horse story and rodgers could prove the packers made a smart move giving him the reigns over favre.
teams i would hate to see win it would be the ravens,cowboys or chargers.:salute:

Tned
01-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Gonna have to go with the Chargers....

NOT

I'm pretty indifferent. Wouldn't mind seeing Favre get another SB. I like Brees, so will be rooting for New Orleans as well.

T.K.O.
01-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Gonna have to go with the Chargers....

NOT

I'm pretty indifferent. Wouldn't mind seeing Favre get another SB. I like Brees, so will be rooting for New Orleans as well.

i kinda forgot about the saints,that would be cool for new orleans after all they went through,not to mention the sweet slap in the bolts face after trading away brees !

BroncoWave
01-09-2010, 05:36 PM
ANYONE but the Saints, seriously. I would rather the Chargers win than the Saints. Dealing with their fans in New Orleans is insufferable. If the Saints win the Super Bowl, my life will be miserable.

Northman
01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Doesnt really matter, i just like watching good football. But i think the Chargers stand a good chance and same with NO.

shank
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM
anyone but the chargers.

Broncolingus
01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Aints, Aints, and Aints!!! (no offense Bailey, just someone 'new' and I've always liked Brees)

Murderers (Baltimore) and Bolts are the only two that I hate of the remaining teams and need to go play all games against each other for Soldiers in Afgan and The Iraq...

Indianapolis Manning's and Patsie's have been here for what, the past 50-years at this point, so then can be gone quick...as can any NY team.

Wouldn't mind Philly, Cincy, Cards, or even the Pack taking it...

Would like to see Wade do well in the postseason, but pulling for the Cowgirls? I don't know...

Kinda the same for Vikes - pulling for Fave-ree? Just don't know...

Nomad
01-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I would like to see the Saints, hopefully the Aint's stay away!!

Or the Chargers being they're fun to watch!

As long as it's not NE or Dallas, it would be nice to some new team get a ring!!

Canmore
01-09-2010, 05:54 PM
My wife asked me the same question a couple of hours ago. I'm rooting for Favre.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Saints, GB, Dallas, Bengals, or Colts

BroncoWave
01-09-2010, 05:57 PM
If it were a Saints/Chargers Super Bowl, I'd probably be the only non-SD fan on this forum rooting for the Chargers! :lol:

BroncoBJ
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Bengals/Cards SB. :elefant:

I think that'd be a fun entertaining random Superbowl. :salute:

Italianmobstr7
01-09-2010, 06:02 PM
I'd be fine w anyone except Favre or the Chargers... Brett Favre is a little bitch who cried and complained his way back to playing after retiring. He's an attention whore and he's got enough records. He doesn't need another Super Bowl, he doesn't deserve it. And **** the Chargers.

shank
01-09-2010, 06:05 PM
it'd be funny to have the jets beat the vikings.

Northman
01-09-2010, 06:07 PM

If that matchup happened i would definitely love to see that.

drewloc
01-09-2010, 06:18 PM
I like Aaron Rodgers, so I will go with the Pack in the NFC, anyone but the chargers for the AFC!

Skinny
01-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Minnesota.

pnbronco
01-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I like Aaron Rodgers, so I will go with the Pack in the NFC, anyone but the chargers for the AFC!

I do too, but I have a feeling I like him for totally different reasons. The man it HOT and a sweetheart on top of it. Otherwise I really don't care, ok anyone but the Chargers.....

Nomad
01-09-2010, 06:42 PM

You could say the same for the Saints over the Chargers!!

BroncoAV06
01-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I have no rooting interest what so ever. No second team for me. I will watch and enjoy football of course.

broncophan
01-09-2010, 06:51 PM
If Favre throws 3 or 4 int's and the vikings lose.....I will be happy.....

T.K.O.
01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
You could say the same for the Saints over the Chargers!!

i think my 2 top choices would be either watching favre win and finally retire,or (and maybe even sweeter) watching brees destroy the bolts in the "ultimate payback" catagory....kinda like when gruden beat the raiders the year after he was fired....fun fun !:D

BroncoWave
01-09-2010, 07:17 PM
i think my 2 top choices would be either watching favre win and finally retire,or (and maybe even sweeter) watching brees destroy the bolts in the "ultimate payback" catagory....kinda like when gruden beat the raiders the year after he was fired....fun fun !:D

Payback for what, letting him go as a FA? :confused:

I don't see what the "payback" is for...

Italianmobstr7
01-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I have no rooting interest what so ever. No second team for me. I will watch and enjoy football of course.

Same here but you can't honestly say that you wouldn't be pissed if the Chargers won the Super Bowl. I'm not rooting for any teams but I am rooting against the Chargers and the Favres.

BroncoWave
01-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Same here but you can't honestly say that you wouldn't be pissed if the Chargers won the Super Bowl.

Not if it's against New Orleans. Other than that, yes I would be.

camdisco24
01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Well I was going for the Bengals... But its not looking so good right now.
I just want an underdog to win. ANYONE BUT THE CHARGERS!

BroncoAV06
01-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Same here but you can't honestly say that you wouldn't be pissed if the Chargers won the Super Bowl. I'm not rooting for any teams but I am rooting against the Chargers and the Favres.

Well yes I would not want San Diego to win, have a bunch of friends that are Chargers fans, so sweet would it be to watch them fall in the playoffs. But at least they made it.

Good way to describ me would be numb.

T.K.O.
01-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Payback for what, letting him go as a FA? :confused:

I don't see what the "payback" is for...

payback for not having any faith in him,drafting rivers and shipping him off to the saints

MasterShake
01-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I'd like to see the Saints win (sorry BTB) because I really like Brees. I want to see the Chargers make it to the Super Bowl then lose so they have a hangover next year and maybe we have a shot at the division! :lol:

A Saints/Chargers or Saints/Colts Superbowl would be fun. I want to see some high scoring games, not some defensive struggle.

EDIT: Honestly most times I just root for whoever is down at halftime if the Broncos aren't in it.

Zweems56
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I love the sport of football, but I have no desire whatsoever to watch any more NFL ball this year. Would rather watch kids at the park...

SoCalImport
01-09-2010, 08:28 PM
As expected. Any team but the Chargers.

KCL
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Doesnt really matter, i just like watching good football. But i think the Chargers stand a good chance and same with NO.

Same here...just give me a good SB game...I don't want to see one team dominate over the other.

With that being said..I wouldn't mind seeing SD win...told my son that and he was like what? I don't want them to even play in the SB...he said I hate all of our AFCW rivals...:lol:

Wouldn't mind seeing the Colts get another one..see Manning won the MVP again...Favre and the Vikes or the Saints...doesn't really matter to me.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
The Saints. Every other team has played in a Superbowl. I'd like to see the Saints go and win. Nothing better than a team that was so bad for so long finally getting their shot to be the Champ.

topscribe
01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I'll be pulling for the Pack, but if I were to make a guess, Indy will win it.

So I won't make a guess . . . :coffee:

-----

MileHighCrew
01-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I was going with the Bengals but not I guess the Vikings or Saints. Not the Chargers Colts or Pats for me

Nomad
01-10-2010, 10:19 AM
If the Cowboys play like they did last night, the other NFC teams better be on their heels or was it that Philly was that bad!!

nevcraw
01-10-2010, 10:54 AM
the Jets and the QB who should have ended up in Denver.. Sanchize..

NameUsedBefore
01-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Wanted the Eagles to win because I'm a big fan of McNabb and think he's very underrated given the sort of talent he has had to deal with. Since they're out, though, I guess I'll settle with the Jets.

broncophan
01-10-2010, 01:30 PM
the Jets and the QB who should have ended up in Denver.. Sanchize..

I would rather have the jets offensive line and running game....

SmilinAssasSin27
01-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Colts and Packers.

Manning is a Vol and I went to high school w/ Marlon Jackson. I also love what Rodgers is doing in GB.

slim
01-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Cards...gotta root for the home team.

Northman
01-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Wanted the Eagles to win because I'm a big fan of McNabb and think he's very underrated given the sort of talent he has had to deal with. Since they're out, though, I guess I'll settle with the Jets.

You dont think he has talent there?

titan
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Another "any team but the Chargers" vote for me.

So if the Chargers get eliminated I'd be for the Saints or Vikings. Saints have been down so long and they have had good fan support over the years. Vikings because their fans have suffered 4 Super Bowl losses without winning one (longtime Bronco fans know how that feels)

Medford Bronco
01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I would like to see the Cowboys vs the Chargers

I expect :flame:

Second pick would be Arizona vs Baltimore.

I dont really hate anyone left.
I even would not mind Indy vs the Saints.

**EDIT I HATE REX RYAN THAT JERK***

CrazyHorse
01-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Probably maybe the Vikings.

camdisco24
01-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I guess now with GB out and the Jets out I'll have to root for the Vikings... Favre just needs to win a SB and retire. Like him or not, I think he deserves to go out on top. Just like Elway.

MasterShake
01-10-2010, 11:23 PM
I guess now with GB out and the Jets out I'll have to root for the Vikings... Favre just needs to win a SB and retire. Like him or not, I think he deserves to go out on top. Just like Elway.

Nah, he doesn't deserve it just by being Favre. If that was the case Marino would have a ring. He has to earn it.

Shazam!
01-11-2010, 01:30 AM
...anyone but the Chargers. Go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

FanInAZ
01-11-2010, 02:14 AM
I'll take the winner of the Cards-Saints. Both team have been perennial looser for so long that it would be great so see either one of them complete the rags to riches turnarounds.

I definitely don't want to see the Cowboys because they have already won more then their fair share. I also don't want Favre win any more because he been so low class over the past 3 season.

frenchfan
01-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Doesnt really matter, i just like watching good football. But i think the Chargers stand a good chance and same with NO.Same here... Just want to watch some good football and a good SB...
I'd like a Colts - Saints SB though.

Shazam!
01-11-2010, 02:35 AM
If we're talking about rags to riches, no team in the Playoffs is more deserving than the NYJ. No SB in 40 years, and their last success was losing the AFC Championship in Denver (God bless 'em).

milehigh
01-11-2010, 04:14 AM
I am hoping for Ravens/Colts vs. Cardinals/Saints. I really don't want to see the Chargers, Jets, Vikings, or Cowboys. I wouldn't mind the Vikings winning if Brett Favre wasn't on the team, the media attention he would get would drive me insane.

EastCoastBronco
01-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Gotta go with New Orleans. I don't think they'll get by the Cards though...
I hope Baltimore destroys the Colts like they did NE. That would look so good on them...;-)

Dirk
01-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I would love to see Warner retire winning 2 SBs with 2 different teams. So I will be rooting for the Cards from here on out. But OMG their defense looked bad against the Pack. Rogers is for real!

Also I would like to see the Jets on the AFC side. Sanchez has many years to get himself a ring so a loss to Warner and the Cards is ok.

As far as the Chargers go, I really like Rivers the QB but not the smart ass man. So one and out for the Chargers I hope.

As far as Favre goes, he has been one hell of a player over the years, but I am sick and tired of hearing about him. Fall to the "Boys" and go retire already.

CoachChaz
01-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I dont care who it is...as long as it isnt the Chargers or Cowboys. The worst thing that could possibly happen would be for BOTH of them to play in the Super Bowl.

Alabama saved me from having to listen to unknowledgeable, fair-weathered, bandwagon Texas fans run their mouths for an entire year. I need Favre and the Vikes to help me this week.

Overtime
01-11-2010, 11:21 AM
I'd like to see a Saints vs Chargers Super Bowl.

be cool to see a Rivers vs. Brees showdown, and regardless if either team won, i'd be alright with it.

Colts, i don't want to see win, i hate manning, and the colts, they already won 2 years ago
ravens, can't stand 'em, can't stand Ray "Murderer" Lewis.
Jets - I hate all things NY, just plain trash
Cowboys - hate them too, they are not America's team, never have been never will be
Cardinals - Kurt Warner is a fraud. go back to the grocery store and stock some shelves.
Vikings - I like Favre, but don't like the Vikings.

Broncolingus
01-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Posted in the correct thread this time...

Lets see...

Ravens / Colts

Jets / Chargers

Cards / Aints

Cowgirls / Vikes

I can honestly say there are two teams (Cards/Saints) that I'm actually going to pull for...and of course, they'll put one or the other out this coming weekend.

The rest of the field = hate (Ravens & Chargers) or blah (all remaining)

How about the defense in the Pack/Card game, huh? Warner's going to have to score 51 in every game (might not be enough against the Aints) if he's going to win the Superbowl.

Dirk
01-11-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd like to see a Saints vs Chargers Super Bowl.

be cool to see a Rivers vs. Brees showdown, and regardless if either team won, i'd be alright with it.

Colts, i don't want to see win, i hate manning, and the colts, they already won 2 years ago
ravens, can't stand 'em, can't stand Ray "Murderer" Lewis.
Jets - I hate all things NY, just plain trash
Cowboys - hate them too, they are not America's team, never have been never will be
Cardinals - Kurt Warner is a fraud. go back to the grocery store and stock some shelves.
Vikings - I like Favre, but don't like the Vikings.

Wow! Just Wow!

I can agree with some of what you said, but Warner a fraud? Puh-lease! He is a first ballot HOF'er and deservedly so.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Wow! Just Wow!

I can agree with some of what you said, but Warner a fraud? Puh-lease! He is a first ballot HOF'er and deservedly so.

Don't listen to OT, ever.... E.V.E.R.

CoachChaz
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Everybody is a 1st ballot hall-of-famer anymore. The bar seemes to get lowere and lower every year. Wont shock me if one day Jake Plummer is voted in

Ravage!!!
01-11-2010, 01:36 PM
I think Kurt has earned more recognition than he has gotten. He's shown that he is one of the smartest and most accurate QBs to ever play. I put his accuracy and football intelligence up there with Peyton, and that says a lot.

As far as whom I'm rooting for...... I would love to see a Manning vs Breese, or Manning vs Warner... Super Bowl. All class acts, and great fun to watch play.

The Glue Factory
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Honestly most times I just root for whoever is down at halftime if the Broncos aren't in it.

I usually root for the offense to win, personally.

horsepig
01-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Cards over Jets

Dirk
01-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Everybody is a 1st ballot hall-of-famer anymore. The bar seemes to get lowere and lower every year. Wont shock me if one day Jake Plummer is voted in

:lol: :rolleyes:

broncofaninfla
01-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Typically I go with a team in the AFC and pull for them but this year I'm pulling for The Vikings and Brett Farve.

Bronco Bible
01-12-2010, 12:36 PM

First ballot hall-of-fame should mean something........so I agree with you on the fact the bar is getting lower:tsk:

broken12
01-12-2010, 07:14 PM
cards jets or ne oleans!