PDA

View Full Version : Quinn has charges dropped

honz
01-09-2010, 02:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4811242

Denver Broncos tight end Richard Quinn has been cleared of harassment and domestic violence charges, his agent and attorney, Peter Schaffer, told The Denver Post on Saturday.

Quinn had faced charges from a Labor Day incident with his then-girlfriend, the mother of his infant daughter.

The trial had been set for this month, but Quinn was cleared of the charges by the Arapahoe County District Attorney's office.

"We're happy the district attorney saw there wasn't enough evidence to go forward," Schaffer said, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette.com. "We hope this completely clears Richard's name. He's as solid a character person as there is, and we're moving on."

The woman told deputies that Quinn, her live-in boyfriend, grabbed and shook her to the ground during an argument and grabbed the phone from her while she was trying to dial 911.

Deputies said Quinn told them he grabbed the woman only after she started hitting him in the face.

Schaffer said his client never struck his girlfriend, whom he said was distraught. He said Quinn "went and locked himself and their 1-year-old daughter in the bedroom to get away from her," doing what he could to diffuse the confrontation, just as he was taught at the NFL rookie symposiums this offseason.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

honz
01-09-2010, 07:56 PM
LOL. I guess no one cares. :sadface:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2010, 07:59 PM

Not that I don't care, but reading reports on it, I could not see how he would be charged with anything.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Must be guilty, must be a future cancer. Let's run him out of town, now.

sneakers
01-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Yay!

arapaho2
01-10-2010, 12:24 AM
yep classic lockeroom cancer..eh north:cool:

dogfish
01-10-2010, 01:09 AM

i'm sure richard quinn cares!

broncofaninfla
01-10-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm sure somehow Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler, Shanahan, the Oline and Hillis are to blame, Mdc's boys do no wrong.

honz
01-10-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm sure somehow Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler, Shanahan, the Oline and Hillis are to blame, Mdc's boys do no wrong.
This is relevant to this thread how? I'm pretty sure the legal system acquitted him, not Coach McD.

dogfish
01-10-2010, 02:18 AM
This is relevant to this thread how? I'm pretty sure the legal system acquitted him, not Coach McD.

because new thread = new chance to say the same old shit

duhhh. . . .

Dzone
01-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Quinn was the best blocking TE coming out of college last year. Did he throw any good blocks this year?

broncofaninfla
01-10-2010, 01:09 PM

Marshall was acquitted too yet he gets crucified.

honz
01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Marshall was punished twice this season...once for throwing a hissy fit during practice and another for being late the week before the biggest game of the season. When he was behaving the offense ran through him and he was able to grab 100 balls.

Superchop 7
01-10-2010, 02:27 PM
He blocked several players from a nice spot on the bench.

silkamilkamonico
01-10-2010, 02:34 PM

Well, I certainly saw the video of him acting like a 7 year old. I'm not sure what you're referring too.

broncofaninfla
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Well, I certainly saw the video of him acting like a 7 year old. I'm not sure what you're referring too.

I'm sure more video would exist for Quinn if he was worth a sh*t

honz
01-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm sure more video would exist for Quinn if he was worth a sh*t
Your posts in this thread have been tremendously insightful and productive.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Marshall was punished twice this season...once for throwing a hissy fit during practice and another for being late the week before the biggest game of the season. When he was behaving the offense ran through him and he was able to grab 100 balls.

If you don't know a guy you shouldn't accuse him of homosexuality.

honz
01-11-2010, 09:01 PM
If you don't know a guy you shouldn't accuse him of homosexuality.
My apologies to Brandon Marshall. I was speaking rashly.