PDA

View Full Version : The trade Deadline thread for the 5 fans that care LOL

Medford Bronco
02-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Post any trades here, I am sure Avs trades will be kept separately in other threads.

this is the Underrated 29, BroncoAv, ECF, pnbronco and Medford Bronco thread lol:laugh:

My Canes have obtained Ruttu for Andrew Ladd.

I hope he helps us tonight vs a very good NJ team

(AP)—Carolina has acquired forward Tuomo Ruutu from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for left wing Andrew Ladd.

Tuesday’s deal came hours before the NHL’s trading deadline and gives the injury-depleted Hurricanes some depth at center as they push toward a berth in the playoffs.

Carolina general manager Jim Rutherford calls Tuomo “a versatile player who gives the coaches more options at center or wing.”

Ruutu is a 25-year-old who has six goals and 15 assists in 60 games with Chicago.

Ladd was the Hurricanes’ first-round draft pick in 2004 who was a key member of their second line along with Sergei Samsonov. He has registered four points in his last five games.

underrated29
02-26-2008, 02:22 PM
good thread sir. And great pick up for the canes. Ruttu is gonna blossom big time for them me thinks. Not that he isnt already a great player, but this boy gots some skills.

Medford Bronco
02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
good thread sir. And great pick up for the canes. Ruttu is gonna blossom big time for them me thinks. Not that he isnt already a great player, but this boy gots some skills.

I hope so. Ladd has underachieved for the Canes IMO being the 4th overall pick in 2004.

I heard Ruutu is a big hitter and this is exactly what the Canes need

also good luck to Foote and the avs, hope for the best for you guys:salute:

BroncoAV06
02-26-2008, 02:54 PM
How about the Lightning dumping their team? Time to rebuild in TB. san Jose got a steal in Campbell. The Avs could of got him, but they went the vetren, less salary route with Foote.

Medford Bronco
02-26-2008, 03:05 PM
How about the Lightning dumping their team? Time to rebuild in TB. san Jose got a steal in Campbell. The Avs could of got him, but they went the vetren, less salary route with Foote.

I am just glad Campbell and Richards are out of the East now

here is hoping to lots of wins for the Avs, Pens and Canes

SR
02-26-2008, 04:18 PM
How about friggin Marion Hossa going to the Penguins?! By far the biggest deal of the day IMO.

BroncoAV06
02-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Did not see that yet, they definitly have lots of fire power.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-26-2008, 04:29 PM
How about friggin Marion Hossa going to the Penguins?! By far the biggest deal of the day IMO.

Things just keep getting better. . . especially when we dump players who wouldn't be around in a year or two anyway.

We're stacked. :beer:

BroncoAV06
02-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Esposito can be really good, huge prospect, Armstong, pick, and Christensen round it out. If they can get Hossa signed after this year, then it definitly is a good move, if he is a rent a player and they fall short this year, deal hurts. Have to look at the upside.

SR
02-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm a big Hossa fan and I love watching Crosby. As long as the Pens don't have to play the Avs in the post season, ever, I root for 'em.

underrated29
02-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Man thats scary. The pens and sharks are going to be extremely tough to play agaisnt. Wow!

I still think the sharks will knock off the wings in the playoffs. But like med said I wouldnt mind if it was us in the 1st rd.

East Coast Fan
02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
WOW!! I didn't think that my Pens were gonna make ANY moves at all, then to see these trades?! WOW... not only Hossa but Hall Gill, 6-7 250 lb. defenseman from Toronto-just what they needed some more physical presence on the blueline. They gave up some picks and Army (Armstrong), Christensen and Esposito; Army hadn't been doing much, Christensen has a wicked wrist shot and Espo is in the minors but may be a good player in the future. I hope that they all "fit" the team; sometimes you try to "tweak" a talented team and it doesn't work, but I think this should be good. Can't wait till we play the Flyers now!!!

dogfish
02-26-2008, 08:11 PM
yea, i just saw that. . . . dude should drop the "A" and just be hoss-- he's gonna be scary with sid the kid. . . .

Requiem / The Dagda
02-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Esp, went too? I didn't see that. Aww, dang.

CoachChaz
02-26-2008, 11:34 PM
The Pens will have a ton of firepower for sure, but if Fleury of Conklin get cold, they'll need 5 or 6 goals a night.

The Avs seem to be living in a time warp. Are Forsberg and Foote going to be enough?

I'm loving my Stars pick up of Richards. On a line with Modano and Hagman, he can put up some serious numbers and he adds to our top ranked PK.

SR
02-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I hate the Stars.

CoachChaz
02-26-2008, 11:52 PM
I hate the Stars.

Pretty much how we feel about Detroit and Colorado. It's a healthy thing

Medford Bronco
02-27-2008, 09:33 AM

I have nothing against the Stars
and much to everyones dismay the Wings
I like the Avs better though and would root for them

now the teams Med hates are the stupid dirty Flyers
and the team coached by a jerk the Buffalo Slugs I mean Sabres:laugh:

East Coast Fan
02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
The Pens will have a ton of firepower for sure, but if Fleury of Conklin get cold, they'll need 5 or 6 goals a night.

Hopefully Gill will be able to help out with that. It would really help if they got steady defenseman Mark Eaton back in the lineup. In a way, this trade reminds me of way back when with the trade for Francis, Ulf Samuelson and Grant Jennings. Hopefully the results will be the same!! :D

"LET'S GO PENS" Bring on them Flyers and Devils!!!!

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Hopefully Gill will be able to help out with that. It would really help if they got steady defenseman Mark Eaton back in the lineup. In a way, this trade reminds me of way back when with the trade for Francis, Ulf Samuelson and Grant Jennings. Hopefully the results will be the same!! :D

"LET'S GO PENS" Bring on them Flyers and Devils!!!!

Well, if Hossa and Crosby play like Jagr amd Lemieux...it's a possibility. The bonus is they have firepower behind those guys in Malkin. it'll be fun to watch them if nothing else.

East Coast Fan
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Well, if Hossa and Crosby play like Jagr amd Lemieux...it's a possibility. The bonus is they have firepower behind those guys in Malkin. it'll be fun to watch them if nothing else.

True. And don't forget Sykora and Staal and Gonchar. Hopefully there's chemistry with them all.

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
True. And don't forget Sykora and Staal and Gonchar. Hopefully there's chemistry with them all.

Gonchar isn't what he use to be, but they are definately solid at forward an goalie right now. IMO, the jury is out on the defense.

East Coast Fan
02-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Gonchar isn't what he use to be, but they are definately solid at forward an goalie right now. IMO, the jury is out on the defense.

Well, Gonch is the key to the power play with that laser shot of his. And he's got 10 goals and 41 assists in 60 games so I'd say that he's productive. The defense was exposed last year in the Ottawa playoff series so let's hope that it has improved with Gill and again I'd feel better with Eaton in there. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Well, Gonch is the key to the power play with that laser shot of his. And he's got 10 goals and 41 assists in 60 games so I'd say that he's productive. The defense was exposed last year in the Ottawa playoff series so let's hope that it has improved with Gill and again I'd feel better with Eaton in there. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I don't doubt Gonchar's offensive skills...like the rest of the team...it's the defense I question. I love having Zubov QB our PP, but is he the guy I want shutting down the top forwards? Hell no.

East Coast Fan
02-27-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't doubt Gonchar's offensive skills...like the rest of the team...it's the defense I question. I love having Zubov QB our PP, but is he the guy I want shutting down the top forwards? Hell no.

Yes, you're right. Gonch has gotten a little better defensively, but he can be a minus as much as a plus! And yes we had Zubov here for years-same type of player. Time will tell....:D

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, you're right. Gonch has gotten a little better defensively, but he can be a minus as much as a plus! And yes we had Zubov here for years-same type of player. Time will tell....:D

Even with Dallas being a defensive oriented team...the Pens scare the hell out of me

Medford Bronco
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Even with Dallas being a defensive oriented team...the Pens scare the hell out of me

If I were Dallas I would be more scared of Anaheim first as they seem to have gotten their act together lately.

The Stars have a good team and can beat anybody but there are about 4-5 teams that could come out of the west.

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
What has killed us in recent years is the overall lack of scoring. That seems to have changed as we are 4th in the NHL in goals scored and 7th in goals per game, so as long as it stays that way and maybe improves with a stud like Richards, I'm feeling better about our chances.

East Coast Fan
02-27-2008, 03:38 PM

I hope the rest of the Pens division feels that way....:D

I just want to see if the "chemistry" is there, which it should be. But several years ago they went out and got all of these "big name" players and it flopped. But they have the "core" team in place now, so adding Hossa and Gill and the other guy (Dupois?) should work out fine. I'm sure that Hossa will gel with Sid, Malkin, Staal, Sykora, etc. Imagine the power play now!!

I'm really impressed with Malkin; he really took it to heart to carry the team while Sid is out and he's really become a force. :salute:

Medford Bronco
02-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I hope the rest of the Pens division feels that way....:D

I just want to see if the "chemistry" is there, which it should be. But several years ago they went out and got all of these "big name" players and it flopped. But they have the "core" team in place now, so adding Hossa and Gill and the other guy (Dupois?) should work out fine. I'm sure that Hossa will gel with Sid, Malkin, Staal, Sykora, etc. Imagine the power play now!!

I'm really impressed with Malkin; he really took it to heart to carry the team while Sid is out and he's really become a force. :salute:

you guys are a serious Cup Contender that is for sure :salute:

SR
02-27-2008, 04:30 PM

My dislike for the Stars comes from the late 90s, early 2000s when y'all used to beat us every friggin year in the playoffs. Pissed me off. Beating y'all a couple seasons ago in the first round was bliss. My goodness Marty Turco sucks balls in the playoffs. :D

SR
02-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I like being able to say that with the D pickups the Avs made at the deadline and with their healthy offense and Theo playing as well as he is, the Avs are a team to fear if they can get in to the playoffs (which they will).

CoachChaz
02-27-2008, 11:48 PM
My dislike for the Stars comes from the late 90s, early 2000s when y'all used to beat us every friggin year in the playoffs. Pissed me off. Beating y'all a couple seasons ago in the first round was bliss. My goodness Marty Turco sucks balls in the playoffs. :D

Thos were the years when I had season tickets right next to Vinnie Paul and Dimebag. Went to all the playoff games too.

Marty has had his issues in the playoffs,but he was really good last year. Unfortunately, we couldn't score a goal to help him. I think that may have been rectified this season though...at least I hope.