PDA

View Full Version : McChesney among large O-line signees

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14145648

The Broncos continued to turn their attention to the 2010 season Thursday as they signed two more players to "futures" contracts.

Denver signed guard Matt McChesney, a former defensive lineman at Colorado, and center Dustin Fry. The two joined punter A.J. Trapasso, who was signed earlier this week.

McChesney, who has spent time on the rosters of the Dolphins, Jets and Rams, was with the Broncos during last summer's training camp before being released. He has played in four games in his career: three for the Jets in 2005 and one for the Dolphins in 2008.

Fry spent time with the Carolina Panthers practice squad this past season and played in four games for the St. Louis Rams in 2007. He was a fifth-round pick by the Rams in the 2007 draft.

At 333 pounds and 326 pounds, respectively, McChesney and Fry underscore Broncos coach Josh McDaniels' intentions of being bigger along the offensive line.

Ziggy
01-08-2010, 03:48 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14145648

The Broncos continued to turn their attention to the 2010 season Thursday as they signed two more players to "futures" contracts.

Denver signed guard Matt McChesney, a former defensive lineman at Colorado, and center Dustin Fry. The two joined punter A.J. Trapasso, who was signed earlier this week.

McChesney, who has spent time on the rosters of the Dolphins, Jets and Rams, was with the Broncos during last summer's training camp before being released. He has played in four games in his career: three for the Jets in 2005 and one for the Dolphins in 2008.

Fry spent time with the Carolina Panthers practice squad this past season and played in four games for the St. Louis Rams in 2007. He was a fifth-round pick by the Rams in the 2007 draft.

At 333 pounds and 326 pounds, respectively, McChesney and Fry underscore Broncos coach Josh McDaniels' intentions of being bigger along the offensive line.

I put this in the draft and free agency thread yesterday. McChesney has either worked to put on quite a bit of muscle or gotten fat since training camp when he was listed at 309 for the Broncos.

dogfish
01-08-2010, 03:58 PM
they're both 325+? JR is so stoked!

:elefant:

elsid13
01-08-2010, 04:08 PM
they're both 325+? JR is so stoked!

:elefant:

Because JR likes Fatties? :D

dogfish
01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Because JR likes Fatties? :D

JR hated the undersized ZBS lines with a passion-- he's been complaining for years now that we need to get big fatties on the line. . .

D1g1tal j1m
01-08-2010, 04:18 PM
I wonder if those two will be able to get back onto the beautiful people dating site?

D1g1tal j1m
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
It's great to see we are getting bigger in the trenches, but at what price. I want big guys who can move and get to the second level.

Dean
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
It's great to see we are getting bigger in the trenches, but at what price. I want big guys who can move and get to the second level.

me too. However, they come with large price tags.

Brand
01-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I hope that does not preclude getting a LG in the draft.......EARLY PICK!!!

Superchop 7
01-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Career
In My Wildest Dreams
Chesney's first album, In My Wildest Dreams, was released on the independent Capricorn Records label in 1994. The album's lead-off singles, "The Tin Man" and "Whatever It Takes", both reached the lower regions of the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts. The album sold approximately 10,000 copies before Capricorn Records closed its country music division that year.[7]

All I Need to Know
After Capricorn's closure, Chesney signed to BNA Records, which released his album All I Need to Know in 1995. The album produced three hit singles: "Fall in Love" and the title track (both of which reached Top Ten), and "Grandpa Told Me So", which peaked at #23.[7] "The Tin Man" was also included on this album, although it was not re-released as a single at the time.

Me and You
Released in 1996, Chesney's second major-label album was Me and You.[7] Although its lead-off single peaked just outside the Top 40 on the country charts, the album's title track (which was reprised from All I Need to Know) and the single "When I Close My Eyes" (which was previously recorded by Larry Stewart on his 1993 debut album Down the Road) both peaked at #2 on the Billboard country charts. Me and You was also Chesney's first gold-certified album.[7] A cover of Mac McAnally's 1990 single "Back Where I Come From" was also included on this album; although Chesney's version was never released as a single, it has become a staple of his concerts.

I Will Stand
I Will Stand, Chesney's third album for BNA, was released in 1997. "She's Got It All", which served as the album's lead-off single, became Chesney's first Billboard Number One single, spending three weeks at the top of the country charts.[7] The album's second single, "A Chance", peaked just shy of Top Ten, while its follow-up, "That's Why I'm Here", went to #2 on Billboard in 1998. ("That's Why I'm Here" reached Number One on Radio & Records, giving Chesney his third Number One overall.) Also in 1998, Chesney recorded a limited-edition single titled "Touchdown Tennessee". The single was a tribute to John Ward, a former broadcaster for the University of Tennessee Volunteers' football team; St. Jude's Children's Hospital and the John Ward Scholarship Fund received a portion of the single's sales.

Everywhere We Go
1999's Everywhere We Go, Chesney's fourth album for BNA, produced two consecutive Number One singles in "How Forever Feels" and "You Had Me from Hello" (the latter inspired by a line in the movie Jerry Maguire).[7] The album also produced two more hits: "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" and "What I Need to Do",[7] which peaked at #11 and #8 on the country charts, respectively. Everywhere We Go was also Chesney's first platinum-selling album.[7]

Greatest Hits
By 2000, Chesney released his Greatest Hits compilation.[7] It included four new tracks, as well as re-recordings of "Fall in Love", "The Tin Man" and "Back Where I Come From". The new version of "The Tin Man" was one of the disc's three singles, with two of the new tracks, "I Lost It" and "Don't Happen Twice", also serving as singles.[7]

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems

Kenny Chesney performing in the East Room of the White House on May 16, 2006, at the official dinner for Australian Prime Minister John Howard and Mrs. Janette HowardThe album No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems was released in 2002. Its lead-off single, "Young", peaked at #2, while the follow-up "The Good Stuff" spent seven weeks at Number One, becoming Billboard's Number One country song of the year for 2002. A year later, Chesney recorded an album of Christmas music, titled All I Want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan; the album's title track peaked at #30 on the country charts from holiday airplay.

Lonestar
01-08-2010, 11:06 PM
JR hated the undersized ZBS lines with a passion-- he's been complaining for years now that we need to get big fatties on the line. . .

Not at all I want BIG strong Oline types 315 min but would love 325 average across the front..

NOT fat but big and strong ..

so we can compete down in the red zone running the balk when we want to and not having to pass for those last few yards..

when you have the option to run the defenses can't lay back and only defend it..

having puny 285 pounders up front scare NO ONE..

honz
01-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I love fatties too, but not in football.

Lonestar
01-08-2010, 11:13 PM

the interior loin guys are paid like elite OLT's a couple mil a year unless they are top ten choices almost all OG's are taken in the second to fourth rounds.. those that are going to be kept inside do not warrant top dollars..

If you get bigger on the LOS then everyone elses job get easier.. Orton has a fraction more time he can step UP into the pocket when he gets hard rush from the out side . and that buys more time. The running game gets better because they can actually open holes for them to hit..

so like the old Fram commercial pay me now or pay me later.

we have sucked in the red zone since Zim stink teal left we got more 5th-7th round players and lived ZBS and ran wild between the 20's.

we got into the red zone and made Jason Elam a HOF kicker.

Broncolingus
01-09-2010, 01:49 AM
I dont know if Mc-Cheesey is the answer, but I have no problem with 'beefing up' the interior of BOTH lines.

#1 area to address methinks this offseason...

...IMO.

Ziggy
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
the interior loin guys are paid like elite OLT's a couple mil a year unless they are top ten choices almost all OG's are taken in the second to fourth rounds.. those that are going to be kept inside do not warrant top dollars..

If you get bigger on the LOS then everyone elses job get easier.. Orton has a fraction more time he can step UP into the pocket when he gets hard rush from the out side . and that buys more time. The running game gets better because they can actually open holes for them to hit..

so like the old Fram commercial pay me now or pay me later.

we have sucked in the red zone since Zim stink teal left we got more 5th-7th round players and lived ZBS and ran wild between the 20's.
we got into the red zone and made Jason Elam a HOF kicker.

The Jets are a good example of what a good offensive line can do. They've been hiding that rookie QB all season with a great D and running game. I'm looking for McD to go after at least 2 more offensive lineman and 2 defensive lineman this offseason that can start, and I look for them all to be bigger than what we have now.

Tned
01-09-2010, 12:33 PM

On both lines.