PDA

View Full Version : Grade the 2009 Broncos- Running Backs

broncofaninfla
01-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Grade the 2009 Broncos- Running Backs

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Buckhalter probably deserves a B or B+, but he was hurt too much. C overall.

Northman
01-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I say B. When the Oline did manage to create holes they didnt have any problem getting the yardage. But, the fumbles and lack of creating their own plays drops them down for me.

Ravage!!!
01-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I gave a C...

Not a thousand yard rusher... and 1000 yrds isn't even a good measuring stick anymore. 62.5 yrds a game isn't something to consider special. That measuring stick should start at 1200 since moving to the 16 game schedule.

I've heard that its because its our OL all season long, yet the Chiefs have a TERRIBLE OL, and they had a 1000 yrd rusher with a kid that didn't even start for 1/2 the season.

To me, it was very very average, but below average for a Broncos team.

dogfish
01-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I say B. When the Oline did manage to create holes they didnt have any problem getting the yardage. But, the fumbles and lack of creating their own plays drops them down for me.

i voted C for those same reasons, plus their lack of consistency in pass protection. . .

honz
01-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Bucky - F
Moreno - F
Jordan - Z
Hillis - A+

Ziggy
01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Hard to judge a group that is constantly being met at or behind the LOS. I went with a C overall.

broncofaninfla
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Buck- Easily our best back but the injury problems that have plauged him all of his career followed him here to Denver as well. Seems to have the best vision and speed of all our backs. Seems to have good hands in pass receiving but fumbling was an issue. Surprising speed given his age and injuries.

Moreno- Got the bulk of the carries this season, too many carries IMO, showed flashes occasioanlly but more often than not looked like a rookie RB. Not sure if it's the speed of the game but seemed to lack good vision. Didn't have break away speed and had fumbling issues as well. Also seemed to wear down as the season progressed, went down on way too many arm tackles and was tackled for a loss too many times. Hasn't shown the ability to make something out of nothing, something you would expect from the first RB taken. Showed solid hands catching the ball and seems focused to be the best player he can be.

Jordan- Had to evaluate him at all. Not impressive in camp reports and hardly played in 2009. My guess is he was on the roster to mentor Moreno.

Hillis- Another player tough to evaluate- A fan favorite who was impressive camp and preseason but was hardly used as a tailback in 2009 despite an impressive 2008 campaign.

NameUsedBefore
01-08-2010, 03:29 PM
F.

Buckhalter was solid but he couldn't do what he never could do in Philly which is stay healthy. Moreno was terribly mediocre if not worse. Jordan? Hillis? Hahaha. For the Denver Broncos that is terrible.