PDA

View Full Version : Broncosforums hit's two new highs - Breaks the 1,000 visits and 400 visitor marks for first time

Tned
02-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Just checked Google Analytics, and while the stats lag, and these totals will probably go up, today was the first time that we have surpassed 1,000 visits in a day, and surpassed 400 visitors.

The previous high on visitors to the site was 389 (which happened to be yesterday) and 370 was the previous high. Right now, Analytics is showing we had 424 visitors today, but as I said, the day isn't over and there is a lag in data being reported, so the numbers won't be accurate until the morning.

Also, we have hit a new high in visits. The previous high was 975 back on Februrary 11th, and we are sitting at 1,002 visits right now.

A couple days short of our 6 month anniversary, and we have hit some new milestones.

Thanks to everyone for creating such a great community, with all the great posts, and for spreading the word. :salute:

Tned
02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Ok, just checked the stats this morning (now that they are fully updated).

Yesterday was by far our biggest day:

Visitors: 458
Visits: 1,116

SR
02-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Dang.

Tned
02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Dang.

I'm sure our numbers pale in comparison to denverbroncos.com and other big sites, but for a little upstart site, we are trucking along purty good.

Hobe
02-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Sounding pretty good Tned. Your next goal should be 2008 visits. ;)

When you make it we give you a :salute:

Bronco9798
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Good stuff. The popularity of the board is obvious. It's a good place.

dogfish
02-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Just checked Google Analytics, and while the stats lag, and these totals will probably go up, today was the first time that we have surpassed 1,000 visits in a day, and surpassed 400 visitors.

The previous high on visitors to the site was 389 (which happened to be yesterday) and 370 was the previous high. Right now, Analytics is showing we had 424 visitors today, but as I said, the day isn't over and there is a lag in data being reported, so the numbers won't be accurate until the morning.

Also, we have hit a new high in visits. The previous high was 975 back on Februrary 11th, and we are sitting at 1,002 visits right now.

A couple days short of our 6 month anniversary, and we have hit some new milestones.

Thanks to everyone for creating such a great community, with all the great posts, and for spreading the word. :salute:

no, thank YOU for creating such a great site!

i think i'm gonna cry. . . . :laugh:

BeefStew25
02-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Once Hot Carl and Blevins gets here, you are going to have a Google on your hands, Tned.

Tned
02-26-2008, 08:18 PM
no, thank YOU for creating such a great site!

i think i'm gonna cry. . . . :laugh:

Where is our :wiping-tear: smiley?

dogfish
02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Where is our :wiping-tear: smiley?

i'm not sure-- guess you'd better get on that!

Tned
02-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Ok, we're not Sportsline.com or ESPN.com yet, but after cracking the 400 visitor, 1,000 visits mark for the first time on Monday, today was the fourth day in a row that we are over 400 visitors and over 1,000 visits.

Looks like we have some momentum going. If we can maintain it through the off-season, things should be hopping on here come training camp and the '08 season. Then, when we started advancing in the '08 playoffs, this place should be wild. :D

BroncoBJ
02-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Ok, we're not Sportsline.com or ESPN.com yet, but after cracking the 400 visitor, 1,000 visits mark for the first time on Monday, today was the fourth day in a row that we are over 400 visitors and over 1,000 visits.

Looks like we have some momentum going. If we can maintain it through the off-season, things should be hopping on here come training camp and the '08 season. Then, when we started advancing in the '08 playoffs, this place should be wild. :D

I like the way you think :salute:

But yea thanks Tned for creating this great site. Its a nice community we have over here and it should only get better. :elefant:

This place should be really fun next season and hopefully there wont be as many wild threads after we lose like on Mania :lol:

Tned
02-29-2008, 08:19 AM
This place should be really fun next season and hopefully there wont be as many wild threads after we lose like on Mania :lol:

Yep, and hopefully we don't have anywhere near as many losses to worry about the "Fire Shanahan" and other threads of that type.

MHCBill
02-29-2008, 08:30 AM
As long as Zam and Bronx don't make it here that should keep the fire Shanahan threads way down.

DallasChief
02-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I miss Zam.

Rex
02-29-2008, 08:55 AM
I miss Zam and Bud.

turftoad
02-29-2008, 02:52 PM
I miss Zam and Bud.

I do too.

claymore
02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I miss Deacon.

BroncoBJ
02-29-2008, 03:36 PM
I miss That guy with all the money in his sig.
He seemed like a great family man. :salute:

topscribe
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm sure our numbers pale in comparison to denverbroncos.com and other big sites, but for a little upstart site, we are trucking along purty good.

Personally, while I am happy over our growth, I hope we never get as big as they are.

-----

claymore
02-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Personally, while I am happy over our growth, I hope we never get as big as they are.

-----
Yeah, If we could lock the place down and keep it the way it is, I would be happy. Right mix of diversity for me.

Great job Tned.

Tned
02-29-2008, 06:41 PM

-----

Yea, I don't have any desire to get too big (especially since there are server considerations in play), but I just want to make sure we have enough critical mass where the community can keep the momentum necessary to make it through dull offseasons, bad regular seasons, potentially forum feuds, etc.

claymore
02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Yea, I don't have any desire to get too big (especially since there are server considerations in play), but I just want to make sure we have enough critical mass where the community can keep the momentum necessary to make it through dull offseasons, bad regular seasons, potentially forum feuds, etc.
I think we are rockin................ The Freaks of past have never really feuded, just berated. I find it strange that BM had infighting like it did.

Tned
02-29-2008, 06:45 PM
I think we are rockin................ The Freaks of past have never really feuded, just berated. I find it strange that BM had infighting like it did.

Might be because it is THE Broncos site and as a result there are a lot of new poeple every week, every month. Not really sure.

claymore
02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Might be because it is THE Broncos site and as a result there are a lot of new poeple every week, every month. Not really sure.Yup to include the REP system and the fledglings coming up, I can see it. I Want to create another account and raise hell over there, but I always remember that they are Bronco fans.................:tsk:

Tned
02-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Yup to include the REP system and the fledglings coming up, I can see it. I Want to create another account and raise hell over there, but I always remember that they are Bronco fans.................:tsk:

Yep, in reality, we are a relatively small community (Broncos' fans) and should stick together, IMO.

turftoad
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM

-----

I agree, just like the Freak. Never wanted to be the biggest, just the best.

BroncoBJ
03-01-2008, 04:38 AM
One thing I love about the site is it seems like all the members from this site are either people that the majority knew on Broncomania and the majority of posters that people knew from the Freak. We dont have too many posters that come here with 1 post and try to tell everyone how the team should be ran. It seems like this will become my most active Bronco site :salute:

I didn't know what to expect back when I joined in August but so far so good. :elefant:

Tned
03-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Well, traffic wise, it was a good week. After cracking the 400 visitor/1000 visit mark on Monday, and having the four straight 400+/1000+ days, Friday set new records.

Friday became the first day we topped the 500 visitor / 1200 visits mark. We had 512 visitors and 1337 visits.

Typically, things are slower on Saturday and Sunday (something I have never really understood), so there will probably be no new records today and tomorrow, but statistically it was a good week, and I think it showed in the quantity and quality of posts.

I'm sure part of it related to the free agency period starting and people checking to see who was signed and who wasn't, but it resulted in a good week on the old message board.

MOtorboat
03-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Typically, things are slower on Saturday and Sunday (something I have never really understood), so there will probably be no new records today and tomorrow, but statistically it was a good week, and I think it showed in the quantity and quality of posts.

As witnessed by the DC incident yesterday, many people use message boards to kill time at work...I am one of them. Of course, I have no life, so I'm on almost 24-7, unless I am actually working...which apparently doesn't happen very often...

Tned
03-01-2008, 03:25 PM
As witnessed by the DC incident yesterday, many people use message boards to kill time at work...I am one of them. Of course, I have no life, so I'm on almost 24-7, unless I am actually working...which apparently doesn't happen very often...

Yea, I read someplace a few years back an estimate of how many work hours/dollars are lost to people on the internet. It is HUGE. :lol:

MOtorboat
03-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Yea, I read someplace a few years back an estimate of how many work hours/dollars are lost to people on the internet. It is HUGE. :lol:

Well, if I'm here on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, that means I will pay for it in overtime...but I'm salaried, so I don't really get overtime...

Most journalists don't...

Tned
03-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, if I'm here on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, that means I will pay for it in overtime...but I'm salaried, so I don't really get overtime...

Most journalists don't...

Is it like piece work, where you get paid per word :D

MOtorboat
03-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Is it like piece work, where you get paid per word :D

No, not exactly.

Tned
03-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok, I'll stop boring you guys with these somewhat meaningless stats, but just figured I would let you know that even with the Saturday slowdown, we topped 400 viistors/1,000 visits for the sixth straight day.