PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall and the Rams - just an article

Dirk
01-08-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm surprised the news of Broncos WR Brandon Marshall's benching hasn't made for more discussion here at TST. The St. Louis Rams, starved for receivers, could use a talented guy like that, but the team's reluctance under GM Billy Devaney to take on players with, ahem, character issues has been notable.

Marshall certainly fits the bill on both counts: he's talented and has plenty of questions about his character. Let's map out the Marshall scenario, just for something to do on a lazy Saturday morning with the season all but over.

It's believed that the Broncos will most likely part ways with Marshall and his prima donna antics. Billy Devaney, in a recent chat with fans, pointed out that the Rams will have more tolerance for players who have some character issues, for lack of a better term, that would have kept them off the team this year. Why? I think much of it has to do with the fact that this is a young team and during the first year leadership of head coach Steve Spagnuolo they wanted to avoid the kind of players that could poison the atmosphere in the locker room. The strategy seems to have worked and Spagnuolo solidified his grip on the team, giving them more freedom in the players they pursue.

Of course, Marshall's not like some draftee that just had a run-in with campus security over a loud party. He's the kind of guy that could really be a headache for a team, a la his benching for refusing to play this week because of a sore hamstring. Not the kind of move that endears one to fans.

All of this is wild speculation...the kind of stuff that makes armchair general management so fun. The next hurdle for the Rams in acquiring Marshall would be the crazy free agency rules this year. If the league does operate with a cap, Marshall will be an unrestricted free agent, and the Rams would have to bid on him along with everyone else...and convince him to play in St. Louis. If the league has no cap, which is the most likely scenario at this point, then Marshall will be a restricted free agent. As Sando points out, the Donkeys would probably tender him and trade him. Remember, trades will play a bigger role in the offseason as tighter free agency rules make rosters much harder to reshape. If that's the case, the Rams would be sacrificing draft picks, something they just can't afford to be giving up as they rebuild. Unless, there's a player, but who could the Rams have that would entice such a trade and not leave them with another huge need to fill?

EIther way, it seems like a long shot for the Rams and Marshall, who has the kind of talent the Rams so desperately need at WR. Then again maybe that's a good thing for the Rams since it would take Marshall somewhere between two and three weeks to piss off the already suffering fan base.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2010/1/2/1230257/the-rams-and-brandon-marshall

Dirk
01-08-2010, 07:13 AM
The only reason I put this up because it does seem a little out of touch was to talk about how others see BMarsh as being a locker room disaster as well.

But oh man, Marshall for their #1 pick overall would be sweet. HAHA...yeah like that would happen.

Northman
01-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Interesting to say the least.

Dirk
01-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Maybe we could package BMarsh and Schef for their #1 and get Suh. I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Nomad
01-08-2010, 08:57 AM
One team (Bucs and they could use a solid wideout) has said they don't won't Marshall because he's a headache!! I think many teams will follow suit. So why would one want him when they have the #1 choice in the draft and would have to pay just as much!! I'd take Suh over marshall anyday!!

broncofaninfla
01-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Who's suh?

Dirk
01-08-2010, 11:24 AM
The best DT coming out this year. He is a beast!

The product of parents from Cameroon and Jamaica, Ndamukong Suh (pronounced En-dom-ah-ken Soo) took time to get acclimated to the college game (and get healthy), but by the middle of his junior season he began fulfilling the high expectations Husker fans had heaped on the former Parade All-American from Portland.

After playing just two games as a true freshman, Suh decided to take a medical redshirt to fix a torn meniscus suffered in high school. He came back strong in 2006, putting up 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks despite coming off the bench in all 14 contests at nose tackle. Knee surgery in the spring of 2007, however, and a disappointing end to his redshirt sophomore campaign put doubt into some fans' minds about Suh's ability to step up his game.

All the negative talk faded away early last fall, as the big Husker became a dominant force in the middle. The second-team All-Big 12 pick led the team in tackles with 76 (a rare feat for a defensive lineman), including 16 for loss and 7.5 sacks. He also showed great awareness and length by knocking down three passes, intercepting two others and blocking two kicks in his junior season.

Scouts appreciate Suh's bullish strength and height, but his agility at 300-plus pounds is what separates him from other players. Teams using a 3-4 base scheme could play him at defensive end, while 4-3 teams could see him starring at the three-technique or even on the nose. Nebraska coaches are willing to move him around to chase the quarterback (and showcase his talent).

Another big season for Suh would make him a likely top 10 selection in 2010.

GEM
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Who's suh?

Defensive nightmare coming out in the draft! :D

Ravage!!!
01-08-2010, 11:32 AM
People tht think teams won't trade for Marshall because he is a head ache haven't been watching the NFL.

Teams continue to take TO. TO is notorious for completely trashing the team's QB. Marshall has NEVER attacked or discredited any teammate.

Teams jumped at Larry Johnson. Larry not onlly hasn't produced the last couple years, has been in off-season problems with assaulting women in bars, but publically discredited his coach.

Teams will ABSOLUTELY go flying at Marshall. But they won't offer up their #1 overall pick. That would have to be negotiated out, as we dont even want the cost of the #1 overall pick.

and just watch. Just because the TB Bucs said that, doesn't mean anything. They may very well be THE team that goes after him the hardest.

broncofaninfla
01-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Complete brain fart on my part, I agree the cat is a total beast. Would love to see him drop to us but I doubt it happens.

Dirk
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Complete brain fart on my part, I agree the cat is a total beast. Would love to see him drop to us but I doubt it happens.

He would never drop to our pick. But if he did, no way would they pass on him.

Nomad
01-08-2010, 12:40 PM
People tht think teams won't trade for Marshall because he is a head ache haven't been watching the NFL.

Teams continue to take TO. TO is notorious for completely trashing the team's QB. Marshall has NEVER attacked or discredited any teammate.

Teams jumped at Larry Johnson. Larry not onlly hasn't produced the last couple years, has been in off-season problems with assaulting women in bars, but publically discredited his coach.

Teams will ABSOLUTELY go flying at Marshall. But they won't offer up their #1 overall pick. That would have to be negotiated out, as we dont even want the cost of the #1 overall pick.

and just watch. Just because the TB Bucs said that, doesn't mean anything. They may very well be THE team that goes after him the hardest.

You're such the expert Ravage:coffee:!

I don't see where someone said no team will trade for him but that there will be teams pass on him because he is a headache and not worth the money they would have to put up for him plus he one incident away from being suspended multi-games and I'm sure many teams will account for that as well!! There is a team out there desperate and dumb enough to give their #1 for Marshall!

missingnumber7
01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Maybe we could package BMarsh and Schef for their #1 and get Suh. I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

There would have to be a lot more involved than just the #1 for those two.

Ravage!!!
01-08-2010, 12:51 PM

I don't see where someone said no team will trade for him but that there will be teams pass on him because he is a headache and not worth the money they would have to put up for him plus he one incident away from being suspended multi-games and I'm sure many teams will account for that as well!! There is a team out there desperate and dumb enough to give their #1 for Marshall!

I didn't point anyone out, and made a general statement, mr defensive.

People pass up on EVERY FA that is worth a lot of money because they don't think they are worth the cash. Added in the pass off-field problems, and of course teams will not go after him. But don't think that MANY teams, taht even have the possibilty of making a trade for him will pass on him because of the supposed problems with him in the locker room.

So its JUST as accurate to say that MANY TEAMS will go after Marshall despite his problems with McD and the Broncos.

I also do NOT think they would be DUMB for giving up a #1 for Marshall. I personally think we are DUMB for trading him away, getting a #1 or not.

:coffee:

dogfish
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
One team (Bucs and they could use a solid wideout) has said they don't won't Marshall because he's a headache!! I think many teams will follow suit. So why would one want him when they have the #1 choice in the draft and would have to pay just as much!! I'd take Suh over marshall anyday!!

There would have to be a lot more involved than just the #1 for those two.

on our part. . . .

except as previously mentioned, we wouldn't want the expense of the #1 overall pick anyway-- no one does. . . detroit offered us the #1 overall last year for cutler, and we didn't want it. . .

dogfish
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM

the bucs are putting their fanbase on notice that they won't go after him, but even if he was a choir boy they wouldn't be interested. . . the glazers have sunk too much money into their soccer team-- they had by far the most unused cap space last year, they're too cheap to shell out a monster contract like the one brandon will want. . .

Ravage!!!
01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
the bucs are putting their fanbase on notice that they won't go after him, but even if he was a choir boy they wouldn't be interested. . . the glazers have sunk too much money into their soccer team-- they had by far the most unused cap space last year, they're too cheap to shell out a monster contract like the one brandon will want. . .

Which is probably one reason a coach like Cowher wouldn't really be inerested in going to a place like TB. Although... its been speculated that he will get into football THIS year with someone, purely because its very possible of no football in 2011, thus that would keep him out of coaching for 5 years by the time 2012 comes around.

Interesting thought, nonetheless.

Brand
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Ah, but didn't he say - several times as I recall - that he was just trying to be "professional"? You don't trust that? Look into his child-like eyes as he shows a cute smile on camera and speaks softly into the microphone. Isn't that a winning persona?

I do think teams will at least inquire about him although I don't think many will ever know who or how many or for what. Armstrong today wrote in the Post that McD should keep quiet. Well, how many of our esteemed members will be gripping because they can't get details of failed offers?

Put him on the list. Someone will want to talk....

dogfish
01-08-2010, 01:06 PM
mike vick found somebody to play for, and he just got out of jail! and he's not worth a quarter what brandon is at this point in their respective careers. . . marshall will find a home, and plenty of teams will be interested, for sure-- but fewer than would be if not for all his issues. . .

Ravage!!!
01-08-2010, 01:11 PM
mike vick found somebody to play for, and he just got out of jail! and he's not worth a quarter what brandon is at this point in their respective careers. . . marshall will find a home, and plenty of teams will be interested, for sure-- but fewer than would be if not for all his issues. . .

yeah.. but at the same time, if it wasn't for the issues, he wouldn't be available for trade (at least I would hope).

WARHORSE
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
EVERY TEAM is going to try and downplay Marshalls ability, and highlight his character issues.

Then, EVERY TEAM is going to set their own price for trading for him.

I would give up our 10th selection and Marshall for the number one pick in this years draft IF Suh passes his medical physicals with flying colors, and the team evaluates him as being everything he seems to be.

OR, if Denver thinks one of the QBs in the draft (that would be Clausen for us) is worth the selection.

I dont believe the RAMS want to select another Dlineman after using their first rounders the past two years to select Carriker and Long.

If so, they will look at a QB, and they will get one at our selection, or are in position to move up and get one of the big fish.

If they were to trade to us, they would very possible get Bradford, Marshall and save money at the same time. Steven Jackson isnt getting younger, and they need a veteran WR that can kick it.

It is at least a possibility.

silkamilkamonico
01-08-2010, 02:50 PM

The difference between the Marshall situation, and TO and LJ, are teams didn't have to give up a first and third for those 2.

Ravage!!!
01-08-2010, 04:12 PM
The difference between the Marshall situation, and TO and LJ, are teams didn't have to give up a first and third for those 2.

They did early with TO, didn't they?

But either way, Marshall is 25 after catching 100 balls in three consecutive years, with different QBs and different systems. He's a top commodity in the NFL.

I know we would all love our NFL players to be saints, but the truth of the matter is that they are not. Young kids in a physical game, having a ton of money in the top sport in america. The owners are going to make millions off the player. He's going to put butts in the seats and jersey sales on their backs.

Marshall brings legitimacy to an offense. That could be bringing in a final piece to a team that just needs that final push, or a team that doesn't have much but is ready to build around its offense.

Marshall's skills show that he can dominate a CB no matter who is throwing the ball. Whether that be a gunslinging QB, or an average throwing one.

WARHORSE is right on the money. Teams will absolutely down-play his dominate skills and up-play his 'troubles' because that is what they need the value to be placed on. The coach here helped out with that.

Some teams will make it public that they are going after Marshall, others will play it closer to the vest. Teams that want to show their fans that they are TRYING to load their team with talent will be public, even if they try to lowball the offer. But here will be NO DOUBT there will be plenty of people keeping their ears perked.

Guys with this much talent, at this age, just don't come onto the market that often. Same thing last year with another talent. That went on and on, and out of nowhere the Bears came in with the offer when no-one saw them as an early player.

Giving up a first round pick for a proved talent is a MUCh safer selection than using it on an unproved rookie....imo

silkamilkamonico
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Everywhere TO's gone it's because he's been a free agent. He's never been traded for, or signed off a contract tender or however that works.

There's no doubt teams would want Marshall, but the fact that he's been in a negative spotlight numerous times throughout his career is undoubtedly going to make teams seriously think giving up a first and third for him.

I would still expect some team to bite, likely an established team drafting in the lower part of the draft who isn't going to have a lot of positions that need to be filled.

Ravage!!!
01-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Everywhere TO's gone it's because he's been a free agent. He's never been traded for, or signed off a contract tender or however that works.

There's no doubt teams would want Marshall, but the fact that he's been in a negative spotlight numerous times throughout his career is undoubtedly going to make teams seriously think giving up a first and third for him.

I would still expect some team to bite, likely an established team drafting in the lower part of the draft who isn't going to have a lot of positions that need to be filled.

The Niners traded Owens to the Ravens, and then he forced himself to be released there. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1750991

"The profile we got was of a player that, given his level of proven productivity and his desire to win, seemed to fit the Raven profile," Billick said at a news conference.

Billick also said he wasn't worried about the wide receiver's difficult relationship with the 49ers.

"However he treated people or dealt with people before is not of concern to me because the Baltimore Ravens weren't a part of that," Billick said.

(I only quote that from Billick because I believe that is how many coaches feel when it comes to bringing in players that had a rocky relationship with a prior coach. He didn't have a rocky relationship with Shanahan, yet, did with McDaniels. ALthough things have changed in the NFL policies, teams look to grab great talent and take a chance that things will be different with their leaders in the locker room, and around their organization instead of the one he had difficulties with.)

That was when he was an 8 year veteran and 31 yrs old and got a 2nd round pick for him.

Regardless.. the cowboys gave up how much for Williams, a guy that hasn't produced squat n the NFL?

You might be right, SIlk... and probably so. A team that is looking to get the last piece to what they feel is the missing puzzle to their team. Like a Baltimore, or a team with a young QB like the Jets... or the NYG

SOCALORADO.
01-08-2010, 05:35 PM
The Niners traded Owens to the Ravens, and then he forced himself to be released there. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1750991

"The profile we got was of a player that, given his level of proven productivity and his desire to win, seemed to fit the Raven profile," Billick said at a news conference.

Billick also said he wasn't worried about the wide receiver's difficult relationship with the 49ers.

"However he treated people or dealt with people before is not of concern to me because the Baltimore Ravens weren't a part of that," Billick said.

(I only quote that from Billick because I believe that is how many coaches feel when it comes to bringing in players that had a rocky relationship with a prior coach. He didn't have a rocky relationship with Shanahan, yet, did with McDaniels. ALthough things have changed in the NFL policies, teams look to grab great talent and take a chance that things will be different with their leaders in the locker room, and around their organization instead of the one he had difficulties with.)

That was when he was an 8 year veteran and 31 yrs old and got a 2nd round pick for him.

Regardless.. the cowboys gave up how much for Williams, a guy that hasn't produced squat n the NFL?

You might be right, SIlk... and probably so. A team that is looking to get the last piece to what they feel is the missing puzzle to their team. Like a Baltimore, or a team with a young QB like the Jets... or the NYG

Oh yeah! Man, that was some drama! He never even went to BALT if i recall. He simply said "nope" over the phone, and then they promplty moved him.
Ironically, i think BALT is where Marshall will ultimately end up!~

Ravage!!!
01-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh yeah! Man, that was some drama! He never even went to BALT if i recall. He simply said "nope" over the phone, and then they promplty moved him.
Ironically, i think BALT is where Marshall will ultimately end up!~

Yeah. that is kinda interesting to think about. Considering the way TO then decided he would then NOT go to Baltimore. I think that happened because of the lack of QB in Baltimore (which, I personally believe they still don't have one)

CrazyHorse
01-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Marshall is a proven asset. Suh could always turn out to be a bust.

WARHORSE
01-08-2010, 07:10 PM

Dallas gave up a first and a third for Roy Williams.

Dont tell me teams arent lining up for a three year 100 plus catch receiver with 10 TDs this year in which Kyle Orton was running the show, and a new system was installed.

Just ask yourself what kind of player Indy thinks Brandon would be there in Indy.

Peyton Manning throwing the ball, AND leading the team. Peyton would say, "Brandon, shut up and sit down" and thats EXACTLY what Brandon would do.

And you know what? Brandon would be a KILLER addition to that team, and Indy would trip all over themselves trying to give Denver their super low first and thirds.

Financial risk? Put it in writing. Brandon, you want big money? You got it. But ONE screw up, and you pay 3/4 of your SB back, banked on games played.

Any NFL team with strong veteran leadership and coaching would love to have Brandon. And then add 32 teams to that list.

JDL
01-09-2010, 02:20 AM
I love how some Broncos fans think the Broncos turds just taste like chocolate drenched sundaes.

Seriously, get a grip.

Denver 'may' get a 1st for Marshall, but it won't be easy. Two years ago, Anquan Boldin (a WR with MUCH better character and equal production) was available to ANYONE who would give up a 1st rd pick, he was also available last year. The only team that ever seems to trade 1st rd picks for WRs is Dallas and they've done their tour on that front.

There are only a handful of teams in this league with the right circumstances and ownership, that will be willing to take on Marshall. There would be much more if he was a free agent, but teams treat 1st rd picks VERY seriously and are extremely reluctant to part with them, particularly when they are going to have to make him the highest paid player WR in the league (According to reports of Marshall's asking contract desires.) He just quit on his team right before a huge playoff determining game.

The simple truth is that he is one flawed SOB and hopefully someone does sign him to a big deal, but it will probably be someone with a later 1st rd pick who feels they are close to a Super Bowl and no rookie that late in the 1st will contribute to them getting over the hump... or you have to hope a GM is desperate enough to save his job to make the deal. There aren't THAT many teams in that position.

What complicates things further is the fact that most teams will not be looking to sign huge deals this offseason. The CBA is in flux, 2011 may very well be a lockout by the owners and they will be losing revenue. They really do not want to be paying out 20-30mil signing bonuses right now... and there are only a few with the money to really risk doing that. So, what might very well happen is that Brandon Marshall will get all excited to be a free agent, get the hell out of town, and 12:01am on the first day of free agency.... SILENCE... nothing... My guess is that in the end there will be no more than 2-3 teams interested in Marshall. I would say Baltimore, Indianapolis and Chicago (who may try to offer up their 2nd rd pick and a conditional 2nd next year that could become a 1st.... there are ways to work out alternate compensation and if Denver doesn't get the 1st and 3rd, they may just work out the best deal they can. But, who really knows... all I am saying is 80-90% of this fan base can't wait to get rid of the guy and yet some people act like teams will be beating down Denver's door for the right to deal with his issues... it just isn't very realistic.

Broncolingus
01-09-2010, 05:26 AM
EIther way, it seems like a long shot for the Rams and Marshall, who has the kind of talent the Rams so desperately need at WR. Then again maybe that's a good thing for the Rams since it would take Marshall somewhere between two and three weeks to piss off the already suffering fan base.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2010/1/2/1230257/the-rams-and-brandon-marshall

That's friggin hilarious...I love it! :salute:

Brand
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I do not want to rule out the Giants as potential trading partners. They have the QB, the RB but lack a big WR to make it go. That might be worth a one and three to the Giants to get to the Bowl rather soon.....

NOTE: I understand the Giants have a couple of WRs now, but they are a little small.....

TXBRONC
01-09-2010, 01:25 PM

With Rams having the number one overall pick in the draft I don't think they would be willing to give up that up.

If the rumors are true that Bowlen is strapped for cash then I doubt he would want to take on that kind of monetary commitment. Especially when you also consider that would give Denver two picks in the top 15. There would be no guarantee that we could trade away our Chicago pick. This is assuming that the Rams would be willing to trade that overall number one pick for him.

Northman
01-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Bowlen could take the #1 spot and trade down. Somebody would be willing to move up but does Denver want to take the chance on that? Probably not.

Ravage!!!
01-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Bowlen could take the #1 spot and trade down. Somebody would be willing to move up but does Denver want to take the chance on that? Probably not.

Considering the Lions tried all last year to trade away the 1st overall pick, and couldn't, I wouldn't think so.

Tned
01-09-2010, 01:34 PM
With Rams having the number one overall pick in the draft I don't think they would be willing to give up that up.

If the rumors are true that Bowlen is strapped for cash then I doubt he would want to take on that kind of monetary commitment. Especially when you also consider that would give Denver two picks in the top 15. There would be no guarantee that we could trade away our Chicago pick. This is assuming that the Rams would be willing to trade that overall number one pick for him.

Bowlen has stated that those rumors aren't true. Further, the Broncos have doled out a lot of cash, including paying two coaching staffs this year (the fired coaches and their replacements).

I think the money considerations are more of a fan excuse than reality. Fans used Bowlen's money problems as a justification for the rookie mistake (Bowlen's words when referring to the draf) of trading a first round pick for a 2nd round cornerback that couldn't even hold on to the nickel spot this season.

TXBRONC
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Bowlen has stated that those rumors aren't true. Further, the Broncos have doled out a lot of cash, including paying two coaching staffs this year (the fired coaches and their replacements).

I think the money considerations are more of a fan excuse than reality. Fans used Bowlen's money problems as a justification for the rookie mistake (Bowlen's words when referring to the draf) of trading a first round pick for a 2nd round cornerback that couldn't even hold on to the nickel spot this season.

That's good know.

Taking Bowlen at his word I would still wonder if would want to take on the financial obligations of two picks in the top 15.

Tned
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
That's good know.

Taking Bowlen at his word I would still wonder if would want to take on the financial obligations of two picks in the top 15.

That's what was so bad about McDaniels trade for Smith. He wouldn't have to take both picks. One or both could have been traded this year. Instead of trading a first for a second as he did last year, this year he could have traded that first for two seconds, or a late first and a second, or for an impact veteran player or any number of other scenarios.

Trading a first round pick for an undersized corner in the 2nd round simply isn't smart football management.

TXBRONC
01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
That's what was so bad about McDaniels trade for Smith. He wouldn't have to take both picks. One or both could have been traded this year. Instead of trading a first for a second as he did last year, this year he could have traded that first for two seconds, or a late first and a second, or for an impact veteran player or any number of other scenarios.

Trading a first round pick for an undersized corner in the 2nd round simply isn't smart football management.

Again I agree.

It probably wouldn't have been as bad of decision if Smith had been able handle the return duties and play as our nickle back.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2010, 02:31 PM
I do not want to rule out the Giants as potential trading partners. They have the QB, the RB but lack a big WR to make it go. That might be worth a one and three to the Giants to get to the Bowl rather soon.....

NOTE: I understand the Giants have a couple of WRs now, but they are a little small.....

I don't think Nicks and Manningham are necessarily small. And also remember they drafted Ramses Barden as a project last draft. he's like 6'7".

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
IF we were to trade BM to the Rams, I think it should be for their #2 and #3 or 4 and a future mid rounder...like I said in another thread sometime last week. They get a stud to go w/ Avery and we get 2 very good (and less pricey) picks this year.

dogfish
01-09-2010, 02:39 PM
IF we were to trade BM to the Rams, I think it should be for their #2 and #3 or 4 and a future mid rounder...like I said in another thread sometime last week. They get a stud to go w/ Avery and we get 2 very good (and less pricey) picks this year.

can we get steven jackson, please?

Tned
01-09-2010, 02:42 PM

So he could be benched in favor of Moreno :lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2010, 02:43 PM

I thought we had him til DJ's name was called...

Ravage!!!
01-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't think Nicks and Manningham are necessarily small. And also remember they drafted Ramses Barden as a project last draft. he's like 6'7".

yeah. but has Barden even seen the field?

I doubt the Giants are the team, BUT.... it would certainly be a good spot for him to go. Manning would love a guy like that. Paired up with Manningham, Nicks and Boss, with a running game of Jacobs and Bradshaw..... that would be a fearsom offense.