PDA

View Full Version : Cribbs for Marshall...would you?

broncofaninfla
01-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Looks like Cribbs could be out of Cleveland...

Cribbs says farewell, "It's over" in Cleveland

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 7, 2010 5:41 PM ET
Browns wide receiver and return man Josh Cribbs says he's finished in Cleveland.

"I said good-bye to some people on the medical staff, some of the equipment guys and the coaches,'' Cribbs told the Cleveland Plain Dealer today. "I wished the coaches luck and told them I hoped they kept their job. But it absolutely felt like the last time I'd be setting foot inside the building. I feel like it's over for me in Cleveland.''

Cribbs, who previously said he doesn't think he fits in new front office boss Mike Holmgren's plans, said he expects Holmgren to trade him during the off-season.

"There's no way I'll play another down for the Browns without the new contract,'' he said. "They won't let me sit, because I have value. They'd be forced to trade me.''

Cribbs said Holmgren made the right call in retaining Browns coach Eric Mangini, but he thinks Holmgren has insulted him by giving him a $1.4 million a year offer that suggests the Browns see him as strictly a special teams player, and not a threat on offense.

"I'm not just insulted by the number, but by the fact they consider me just a kick returner," Cribbs said. "I'm so much more than that. . . . I'm shocked they make me an offer like that after all I've done for this team."

In addition to being a Pro Bowl returner, Cribbs caught 20 passes for 135 yards and ran 55 times for 381 yards this season.

silkamilkamonico
01-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Yea, maybe Josh Cribbs and their first round pick..

Ravage!!!
01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Considering Marshall is out anyway.... they would have to add something. He's one hell of a player.

But Cribbs isn't going anywhere. He's under contract for another two years. He can't go anywhere.

Plus, the owners/GMs/coaches and players all know that there may not be football in 2011. Cribbs wants his money now, before that happens. But if he sits out, and ther is no football in 2011.. thats two years of no play, and he would STILL be under contract with the Browns. How does he think his value s then?

THis crap of them befing 'forced' to trade him has shown to be pretty false in the REAL world.

Ziggy
01-07-2010, 07:43 PM

Agreed. As much as I want Marshall out of here before he gets into trouble again, I want adequate compensation. Cribbs is a great return man, and a below average WR. Marshall will net a first and third or very close to it. Cribbs isn't worth a first round pick, or even a 2nd.

Ravage!!!
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I'd give a second for Cribbs. The guy really is an amazing athlete, and a true playmaker.

honz
01-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Ummm...not even close. Cribbs and a first round pick and I'd actually start to think about it.

broncofaninfla
01-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I'd do it for Cribbs and a second round pick. For those who watched Cleveland this year you saw Cribbs was more than just a return man. They started working him into the offense and he was VERY effective. I want Marshall to stay but I'd be ok with this trade. Contracts would have to be reached by the respective clubs before hand but it could be done.

Northman
01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Cribbs is a great ST's guy but not quite there yet as a receiver.

bcbronc
01-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Ummm...not even close. Cribbs and a first round pick and I'd actually start to think about it.

Cribbs is worth more than a 3rd, with most pegging Marshall's value as a 1st and 3rd.

I'd do it for Cribbs and a second round pick. For those who watched Cleveland this year you saw Cribbs was more than just a return man. They started working him into the offense and he was VERY effective. I want Marshall to stay but I'd be ok with this trade. Contracts would have to be reached by the respective clubs before hand but it could be done.

agreed. Cribbs is far from a polished receiver, but our WRs catch the ball behind the LOS as much as they do down the field. Cribbs' strengths suit our offense, just get the ball in his hands and let him make a play.

plus our KR was pretty mundane this season. Cribbs is a playmaker, and if we have to move Marshall we can do a heck of a lot worse than Cribbs and a 2nd imo.

CrazyHorse
01-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Cribbs and their first for Marshall!

shank
01-07-2010, 10:24 PM
like eveyrone else posting up in here... not straight up. cribbs and a 1st sounds sweet. and a 2nd sounds acceptable.

ikillz0mbies
01-07-2010, 10:34 PM
just as most have said, i'd trade marshall for cribbs and a 1st. but i want to throw in alex mack as well if its possible.

Broncolingus
01-07-2010, 11:49 PM
I'll just be the umteenth person to say no way straight up...

I think the real story for the Browns is Mangini returning...

ikillz0mbies
01-08-2010, 12:01 AM
I'll just be the umteenth person to say no way straight up...

I think the real story for the Browns is Mangini returning...

i was kind of surprised that he is coming back, but those wins in december probably saved his ass.

Poet
01-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Ask yourself how long do those KR and PR guys keep it up? How many years did Dante Hall last doing it? Hester isn't what he was. Cribbs will always be good at it, but history tells you that for whatever reason those guys stop making that huge impact.

Cribbs and a first would be acceptable because of how high Cleveland's pick happens to be.

Broncolingus
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM
i was kind of surprised that he is coming back, but those wins in december probably saved his ass.

Agreed...

Wonder how much 'influence' Holmgren will have next year also...

ikillz0mbies
01-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Ask yourself how long do those KR and PR guys keep it up? How many years did Dante Hall last doing it? Hester isn't what he was. Cribbs will always be good at it, but history tells you that for whatever reason those guys stop making that huge impact.

Cribbs and a first would be acceptable because of how high Cleveland's pick happens to be.

You make a great point. It doesn't help that if he does stop making an impact, his receiver skills are below average. Would a Cribbs/Robieskie (or Massaquoi)/1st work out?

Personally, if I were to pick a player from the Browns, I'd like to have Alex Mack included in the package.

dogfish
01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2530/cmonman.jpg (http://img46.imageshack.us/i/cmonman.jpg/)

claymore
01-08-2010, 08:23 AM

Exactly what I was going to say. Cribs is a less talented Hester. He would be awesome to have but his receiving stats are atrocious.

Dirk
01-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I agree with you Clay. :shocked: I know hard to believe!

But Cribs - Marshall straight up would be rediculously stupid.

SOCALORADO.
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I agree with you Clay. :shocked: I know hard to believe!

But Cribs - Marshall straight up would be rediculously stupid.

Marshall for Cribbs and CLE's 1st this year. That would be adequate.
And nothing less.

Dirk
01-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Marshall for Cribbs and CLE's 1st this year. That would be adequate.
And nothing less.

I could see that being a fair trade, almost. They would need to throw in a 3rd with that at least.

SOCALORADO.
01-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I could see that being a fair trade, almost. They would need to throw in a 3rd with that at least.

Yes. The absolute minimum would be Cribbs and the 5th pick in this years draft. But i expect DEN should be able to pull in a late round pick as well.
Its all up to FA, the CBA situation, and if Marshall can just stay silent through this period of time.

All of the Eric Berry lovers would be drooling if this happened.
Actually,there would be alot of Suh droolers as well.
Actually,there would be al.............................:shocked:

broncofaninfla
01-08-2010, 10:44 AM
No way would it be fair straight up but I'd be open to having Cribbs on the team along with a high draft pick.

WARHORSE
01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Exactly what I was going to say. Cribs is a less talented Hester. He would be awesome to have but his receiving stats are atrocious.

Actually, hes more talented than even Hester imo.

This guy is built to run the Wildhorse offense.

Quarterback in college, he can pass the ball.

I not only would take him with a first for Marshall, Id also give Marshall up for Cribbs and their high second.

He is a special teams KILLER, and a difference maker. He has basically won games for Cleveland singlehandedly.

Not only that, hes a backup RB, a short pass/big play waiting to happen.

Thats right up this offenses alley.