PDA

View Full Version : Looney Tunes

Nomad
01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
My coworkers and I were talking today (granted we're all 30+) and somehow the Looney Tunes became the topic at lunch. A question was: What was your favorite character!

Mine were - Wile E. Coyote and Yosemite Sam!!

They use to play them on Boomerang channel but I haven't seen them in a while!! I use to love watching them and my kids love them too!!

I also like that movie many moons ago they made with Michael Jordan...."Space Jam"!!

KCL
01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Foghorn Leghorn

yardog
01-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Foghorn Leghorn for me also.

Ravage!!!
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Foghorn and Yosemite!! and Daffy...and Elmer.... Bugs was pretty damned cool....

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-07-2010, 07:15 PM
I was enthused to watch and enjoy Looney Tunes as a child, until my uncle sat me down and showed me some of the first 9 episodes...

Nomad
01-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I wonder why they don't show the Looney Tunes anymore! They were my favorites plus Tom&Jerry and SuperFriends!! I'm a 36 yr old reminiscing right now!:D

frauschieze
01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Mine was the Tasmanian Devil. :D

They did a marathon of Looney Tunes episodes on The Cartoon Network New Year's Day.

FanInAZ
01-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Road Runner. When I was growing up, my parents were part of a "CB" (you needed to live in the 70s to understand). My dad's handle was Yosemite Sam.

MasterShake
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
I remember the old lineup when Looney Tunes was on in the morning on saturday, then the Smurfs and stuff! :lol:

My favorite was always Wile E. Coyote and Daffy Duck. I also liked the cat Claude who lived with the dog who would bark at him and make him stick to the ceiling.

underrated29
01-07-2010, 11:44 PM
chilly willy the penguin
woody woodpecker- I never realized how provocative that name is.
road runner

girler
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM
I liked Bugs Bunny himself. He would make Daffy and Elmer so twisted up in knots they wouldn't know which way was up. :laugh: And anyone else he came into contact with. It was very rare when one of his hijinks were turned around on him and bit him in the butt! And when it did, I was shocked! How RUDE!!! :eek:

But I still quote Daffy to this day: "I'm rich! I'm rich! I'm a filthy miser!" Oh, and the Abominable Snowman: "I will hug him and squeeze him and name him George!" :laugh:

Shazam!
01-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Elmer Fudd and Foghorn Leghorn. I had no idea Foghorn was so poular! I thought I was the only one that liked him a lot.

Thnikkaman
01-08-2010, 09:57 AM
chilly willy the penguin
woody woodpecker- I never realized how provocative that name is.
road runner

Out of those 3, road runner is the only Loony Toon.

As for me, my favorite is Daffy Duck pre 1970s when they started making him out to be Bug's annoying egotistical friend.

This is a good one for instance:

HEjzG1Wuaqw

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I enjoyed them all. Bugs was probably my favorite, and then a tie with Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam & Wile E. Coyote.

What about Marvin the Martian? He always cracked me up.

Pepe Le Peue? (sp?)

Devilspawn
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Pete MF Puma!

http://images.bcdb.com/gallery/d/634-2/Pete_Puma.jpg

frauschieze
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I freakin' hated Foghorn Leghorn. He was annoying as all get out. I never imagined so many people would like him.

I guess there's no accounting for taste. :D

yardog
01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I freakin' hated Foghorn Leghorn. He was annoying as all get out. I never imagined so many people would like him.

I guess there's no accounting for taste. :D

:tsk:

AlWilsonizKING
01-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I love loony tunes.....when i get a chance I will post a pic of a few drawings I've done over the years........

As far as favs.....I love 'em all!!!!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
On a side note.......did you know that Loony Tunes had a short lived idea of a cartoon titled......

Coal Black and the Seben Dwarfs :shocked:

Needless to say it was during a time of racial tension.......:rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

GEM
01-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Marvin the Martial was always my favorite. I collect Marvin the Martian stuff.

Witch Hazel cracked me up.
gYtgsLnEl38

My absolute favorite episode:
dLdKU4JCYqg

My dad, his neighbor and I were just talking last week about where Looney Tunes have gone and how different cartoons of today are vs. then. Don't get me wrong I love Ed, Edd & Eddy and Courage the Cowardly Dog (I love this cartoon with an absolute passion, Stupid Dog!) but there's nothing like an old Wile E. Coyote chasing the Road Runner cartoon.

I miss being a kid and absolutely dying for a Saturday morning cartoon. We used to live for it. Now my Saturday mornings are filled with Hannah Montana and Raven (PUKE on both accounts). I remember Pee Wee's Playhouse...one of my all time favorites.

For me, being a kid today would really suck. Then again, they look at the time that I grew up as really sucking. :laugh:

frauschieze
01-11-2010, 01:14 AM
How can you possibly like Ed, Edd and Eddy? It's HORRENDOUS! I'm ticked they are still making new episodes of that terrible excuse for a cartoon but quit making shows like Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls forever ago.

"You are stupid. You are stupid. And don't forget...you are stupid."
KONqu08KbFs

Ah...the memories.

GEM
01-11-2010, 12:10 PM
How can you possibly like Ed, Edd and Eddy? It's HORRENDOUS! I'm ticked they are still making new episodes of that terrible excuse for a cartoon but quit making shows like Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls forever ago.

"You are stupid. You are stupid. And don't forget...you are stupid."
KONqu08KbFs

Ah...the memories.

The Ed, Edd and Eddy were so stupid they were funny.

I loved Dexter's Laboratory.

The Powerpuff Girls....:laugh: My daughters had us each pegged as one of them. I was Buttercup and my daughters both said it's because she's snotty and could kick butt ( :lol: ) Gianna was Blossom cause she always takes charge and Audrey was Bubbles cause she is playful. :laugh: That brought back some good memories.

Spongebob was always nothing much more than decent to me, though there was one episode that I nearly died laughing at. It was called Krab Borg, but they don't have a good upload of it on Youtube. The first time I watched it I nearly fell off the couch laughing. I saw it again and it wasn't nearly as funny but still good. The cursing episode was pretty good, too.

Good lord, my cartoon obsession is showing. :laugh:

Then of course, there's my top 3.

BKcYGOIJhqoPee Wee

Uh_aG5MzPVM The Muppets, I absolutely ADORE Beaker and the Chef...to this day I still go nutty when I watch the Muppets, yep, DORK!!

1ju75XsCO4o My sister and I used to watch this right before Pee Wee every week.

Broncolingus
01-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Daffy, 'Dog,' and those two mafia dudes (Rocky and Mugsy)...

http://dallaspenn.com/pics/albums/backup3/Rocky_and_Mugsy.jpg

"Shut up, shuttin up!"

gnomeflinger
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
My favorite episode was Elmer and Bugs doing that opera bit. Any episode involving anvils cracked me up. It wasn't until years later that I realized the song they played during those times was called The Anvil Overture.

The Glue Factory
01-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Marvin the Martian, Road Runner/Wiley Coyote, and Bugs.

The alltime BEST was Bugs and Daffy against each other and Elmer Fudd.

Duck Season!
Rabbit Season!
Duck Season!
Rabbit Season!
Duck Season!
Rabbit Season!
<Elmer Season poster>

"Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We're hunting Elmews."

Ravage!!!
01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
My favorite episode was Elmer and Bugs doing that opera bit. Any episode involving anvils cracked me up. It wasn't until years later that I realized the song they played during those times was called The Anvil Overture.

THAT was the ultimate!! I remember being really young, and tearing up at the end when he carried the VERY limp body of bugs.... he looked so lifeless... so dead...... I cried :cry:

"KILL da Wabbit... Kill da wabbit!!"

Ravage!!!
01-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Binky and the Brain.... and the three cats? (wer they cats?) that were on the same show.....? They were actually pretty funny filled with adult humor, just like bugs.

girler
01-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Binky and the Brain.... and the three cats? (wer they cats?) that were on the same show.....? They were actually pretty funny filled with adult humor, just like bugs.

I LOVED Pinky and the Brain. I loved how they said "one is a genius, the other's insane" and insinuated that it was The Brain who was insane and Pinky who was the genius. :laugh:

Were you thinking of Catscratch? I LOVE that one too. :lol: One of my cars is named Mr. Blick, and the other one is Waffle. I have the happy meal toys stuck on the dash boards just in case we forget which is which. :D