PDA

View Full Version : Broncos taping Chargers practices?

D1g1tal j1m
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
link (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080225-9999-1s25chnotes.html)

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

February 25, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS – Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith had no comment yesterday about a report that the Denver Broncos had taped Chargers practices.

The story on Yahoo.com, which did not cite any sources, said the Chargers increased their security “several years ago” during weeks in which they played the Broncos because Denver spies were videotaping Chargers practices.

“Ever since I was hired as general manager I went into procedures,” Smith said, referring to the fact the Chargers have beefed up security around their facility year-round since 2003. “Why'd I go into those procedures? I won't go down those roads.”

The Yahoo report said, “The NFL had been aware of it for several years (at least one NFL official had seen one of the tapes), but didn't step in because it was considered a team issue.”

The Yahoo story was about the larger topic of cheating being a long-standing issue in the NFL, and the reference to the Chargers and Broncos was one paragraph.

“The Denver Broncos will have no comment,” team spokesman Jim Saccomano said yesterday.
-----------------------------

Don't know if this is a substantiated rumor or if the NFL has a file on this but it was newsworthy I think for this Forum.
Take it with a grain of salt as no sources listed and it was rereported on a San Diego Chargeless webbie...

atwater27
02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
This is what's funny about the internet age. Some troll made up a story and somehow it ends up as potentially true.
Mularkey.

Day1BroncoFan
02-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Did WTE write this article?

broncosfanscott
02-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Don't know if this is a substantiated rumor or if the NFL has a file on this but it was newsworthy I think for this Forum.
Take it with a grain of salt as no sources listed and it was rereported on a San Diego Chargeless webbie...

I read that in the paper and was shocked when I read the title, however with no sources and nothing done in a four year period until make you wonder. Besides, we have lost the last four games to them so it doesn't really mean much anyway.

SR
02-25-2008, 10:40 PM
A lot of good it did us last year.

BOSSHOGG30
02-26-2008, 09:46 AM
The Broncos are expected to "vociferously deny" a Yahoo report that alleged the Broncos were caught spying on Chargers practices "several years ago."

Having Valerie Plame on staff was a giveaway. Yahoo alleges that the NFL knew the Broncos were taping Chargers practices, but considered it a "team matter." The Chargers have since beefed up security, and Chargers GM A.J. Smith issued a non-denial no comment about the story.
Source: Rocky Mountain News

Nomad
02-26-2008, 09:49 AM
:lol:Several years ago the Chargers sucked, why would anyone want to waste their time spying on them! Must be LT's paranoia(sp)!

Benetto
02-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I wish we had the neg rep feature here. :tsk:

Traveler
02-26-2008, 06:38 PM
The Broncos were taping the Charger Cheerleaders practice?:beer:

Bet Goodell won't destroy those tapes!

I kid...I kid!:D

Hobe
02-26-2008, 08:44 PM
I can't find this report on Yahoo. Has anyone actually see this report?

Lonestar
02-26-2008, 08:48 PM

only if your wearing tinfoil hats..

Hobe
02-26-2008, 08:56 PM
only if your wearing tinfoil hats..

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

I've worn them for years. :tinfoil3:

NorthernLights
02-26-2008, 08:58 PM

It's because you aren't looking back far enough. It was originally posted last September. Here you go.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-historynflcheating&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

BANJOPICKER1
02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Or perhaps Bellacheck,,wants to add as much as he can to his own defense??:D