PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Harvey

SmilinAssasSin27
02-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Harvey has peaked my interest today. He's bigger than what he has been listed at. NFL Network says 291...that's been called a misprint and 271 is cited at the correct weight. Regradless, he has shown he can put weight on his frame and is a larger pass rushing DE than what we are used to. As much as we have used early picks on DEs in the recent past, DE MAY still be an option for us...especially given the kneejerk copycat nature of the NFL after watching how the NYG beat NE. The abundance of OT and LB prospects and the sliding of the Safeties in this draft may dictate us going a different direction. If we go DE, it could help the D as a whole...regardless of the LBs we have. We start a rookie DE and Crowder at DE on run down and move 1 or both inside on pass downs, allowing Moss and Elvis to also go after the QB. This helps the run D as we use bigger bodied DEs on 1st down, althewhile giving us limitless options on 3rd. Harvey doesn't have to be the guy, considering guys like Merling and Campbell are also decent picks at #12...

shank
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
the idea of taking a DE sickens me. i'm not saying it's a terrible idea, and i can see the reasoning (giants) but just saying it outloud makes me feel empty inside.

doom, crowder, and moss should all be great DEs in the league. this hole has been fixed (as long as crowder and moss progress in season 2), let's move on and fix some other holes in our team.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
A couple of the announcers said verbally that he weighs 290, so I'm going with that. I dunno...pretty tempting. If we do land Rogers, it'd be real nice to have a big DE to spell him on passing downs. I guess it would depend on what we give up for Rogers. If it's a future pick, our DL would be completely fixed and we could get LB, S or OT in round 2.