PDA

View Full Version : Florida Marlins Create all-male Cheerleading Team

sneakers
02-25-2008, 07:01 AM
The best part is the name....the "MAN"atees

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i9F0niP_fbfPmIzUpeYLRfJ3-7OQD8V0K7DG0

Baseball Team Looking for a Few Fat Men

MIAMI (AP) — The Florida Marlins are looking for some footloose fat men. The National League team is creating an all-male, plus-size cheerleading squad to be dubbed the Manatees. Tryouts were scheduled for Sunday.

The team hopes to recruit seven to 10 tubby men to dance, cheer and jiggle during Friday and Saturday home games this season.

Real manatees, 1,200-pound mammals sometimes referred to as "sea cows," are not considered the most agile of creatures and often get caught in boat propellers.

The Marlins want their Manatees to have the same dimensions, but to be decidedly more agile. Men will be judged on how well they dance a choreographed routine.

The Marlins already have a cheerleading squad, the considerably more svelte Mermaids.

Men selected for the Manatees won't be paid. They'll get tickets to games they perform at, and the honor of dancing in front of crowds that have been smallest in major league baseball for the last two seasons.

The Marlins aren't the only pro sports team capitalizing on Americans' expanding waistlines. The Chicago Bulls basketball team have the Matadors, a big-man dance troupe that's entertained fans at home games since 2003.

And although cheerleaders might be an unfamiliar site in baseball, big men aren't, as fans have long cheered on the likes of Babe Ruth and Kirby Puckett.

DenverBronkHoes
03-08-2008, 07:45 PM
The best part is the name....the "MAN"atees

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i9F0niP_fbfPmIzUpeYLRfJ3-7OQD8V0K7DG0

couple of my friends told me to go try out for this..... unfortunately i work too much... on top of that, dont think i could handle the pressure in front of all those people

SR
03-08-2008, 08:36 PM
This has beefstew written all over it.

Skinny
03-08-2008, 09:08 PM
That's all Baseball needs, 10 Richard Simmons dancing at the ole ballpark ...

MOtorboat
03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey Hoe...did you join?

DenverBronkHoes
03-08-2008, 10:45 PM
no man....

i think its funny...think of it like this.. any fat guy that does this will have to be able to take a plentyful amount of fat jokes. Ill admit that they get old and when theres no originality behind them, then they are not funny, when they arent funny........ well then thats when fat guys get mad

really what they are targeting is fat guys who get absolutely no female attention at all. They make it seem all flashy and dashy cuz u get to be with the hot marlin cheerleaders. For some guys this a dream coming true(literally), and for others, it will be humiliating.

I would rather be the cameraman who films or takes the pictures. I just seem to have a way with videography. Im really good at zooming in on every nook and cranny... this includes but is not limited too:

butt cracks
arm pits
boobs
in between toes

you get the idea. I fancy myself a little more creative than the average fat guy. This idea itself is kind of odd becuz i know there a money making motivator behind it.... I just dont see how a bunch of fat guys is going to put more bootys in the seats.

i wonder if they are going have a "truffle shuffle" night

Bronco4ever
03-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Doesn't this kinda feel like in BASEketball when the San Francisco Faeries have guy cheerleaders?

DenverBronkHoes
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
cheerleaders dont belong in baseball.... with that said... fat guys should never be dancing with cheerleaders... its just wrong... Too many jokes..

makes me think of some sports i wish there were cheerleaders

golf
ping pong
bowling
billiards

baseball just moves to dam slow