PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil NFL Alumni Award Winner

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2010, 09:23 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/dumervil-nfl-alumni-award-winner/

Elvis Dumervil, fresh off a season in which he led the league and set a Broncos franchise record with 17 sacks, won the NFL Alumni’s award for pass rusher, as voted by former players.

Each former player voted for current players at the positions they once played themselves.

Dumervil finished the season with 49 tackles, four passes defensed, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

He is joined on the defensive side of the ball by Minnesota’s Jared Allen, San Francisco’s Patrick Willis and Green Bay’s Charles Woodson. The offensive recipients of the alumni award were New Orleans’ Drew Brees, Tennessee’s Chris Johnson, Houston’s Andre Johnson, Indianapolis’ Dallas Clark and Minnesota’s Steve Hutchinson. On special teams, Cleveland’s Joshua Cribbs was the recipient, and New Orleans’ Sean Payton was the coaching award winner.

The 2009 awardees will be honored at the 28th Annual Player of the Year Awards Dinner on Feb. 5 in Hollywood, Fla. Each recipient will receive his NFL Alumni Player of the Year Award from a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

dogfish
01-07-2010, 12:08 AM
congrats to doom on both the award, the franchise record and the fantastic season. . .

you're my boy, doom!

Northman
01-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Great job Doom!! Hope your a Bronco for life. \m/

Dirk
01-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Outstanding!

Maybe next year he can get that "Most Sacks in a single season" record honestly and not have the QB fall to give it to him. (ala Bret Favre)

AlWilsonizKING
01-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Awesome season by the Doomer!!!!!!

Pay the man and keep him here long term!!!!

PEACE!!!

Ziggy
01-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Imagine what Doom could do playing behind a dominant D-line.

Dirk
01-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Hopefully in the offseason McD and Nolan do something about that. It would be tooo sweet to get a solid NT and 2 solid Tackles.

I am already chomping at the bit for free agency and the draft! haha! What a football geek I am. I don't know the ins and outs of everything but I sure love it all.

20yardline
01-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I am very happy for him. It is well deserved. Now we need to get another pass rusher on the other side, and watch out!

Broncolingus
01-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Imagine what Doom could do playing behind a dominant D-line.

No shit...a couple of decent tackles would do wonders for dude.

Congrats Doom on a great year...

Broncolingus
01-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Hopefully in the offseason McD and Nolan do something about that. It would be tooo sweet to get a solid NT and 2 solid Tackles.

I am already chomping at the bit for free agency and the draft! haha! What a football geek I am. I don't know the ins and outs of everything but I sure love it all.

Agreed, Dirk...

(as you see above...)

pnbronco
01-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Great job Doom!!! You so deserve this. You are total class through and through.....:salute:

dogfish
01-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Great job Doom!!! You so deserve this. You are total class through and through.....:salute:

it's really cool to see the guy who almost everybody wrote off as too small not just succeed, but completely light it up. . . the guy has a ton of heart, and he's never heard from anywhere except on the field. . .

Nomad
01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
I hope his family is all safe and healthy in Haiti!! And I hope and pray for the people of Haiti!!

__________________________________________________ _

Elvis Dumervil to discuss family in Haiti on ESPN
Posted in OFF TOPIC by Kyle on Wed Jan 13th
The devastation in Haiti is hitting us all differently as we come to grips with the estimated “several hundred thousand” people who have lost their lives. For many, like Elvis Dumervil, the situation hits closer to home.

Dumervil has family in Haiti, which he’ll discuss on the 2:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. MT edition of SportsCenter. That’s only a few minutes away from the time this post will publish, so, if you’re able, we encourage you to tune in.

In the meantime, please do whatever your means allow to help those affected. One of the easiest ways it to text “HAITI” to 90999 and confirm the $10 American Red Cross International Relief Fund charge to your cell phone bill. Darrell Reid did that ten times today and donated $100 while waiting for a plane… it’s really that easy. We encourage you to take a minute and contribute in whatever way you are able.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Doom needs some help from the guys in the trenches.

pnbronco
01-13-2010, 06:37 PM
I hope his family is all safe and healthy in Haiti!! And I hope and pray for the people of Haiti!!

__________________________________________________ _

Elvis Dumervil to discuss family in Haiti on ESPN
Posted in OFF TOPIC by Kyle on Wed Jan 13th
The devastation in Haiti is hitting us all differently as we come to grips with the estimated “several hundred thousand” people who have lost their lives. For many, like Elvis Dumervil, the situation hits closer to home.

Dumervil has family in Haiti, which he’ll discuss on the 2:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. MT edition of SportsCenter. That’s only a few minutes away from the time this post will publish, so, if you’re able, we encourage you to tune in.

In the meantime, please do whatever your means allow to help those affected. One of the easiest ways it to text “HAITI” to 90999 and confirm the $10 American Red Cross International Relief Fund charge to your cell phone bill. Darrell Reid did that ten times today and donated $100 while waiting for a plane… it’s really that easy. We encourage you to take a minute and contribute in whatever way you are able.

I didn't realize he had that much family in Haiti still. My prayers are with him and everyone effected by this sad tragedy. I'm sorry to be off topic but Elvis is really one of the good guys and I think it's valid to pass on his plea. Here is a link to his story.....

http://coloradosportsdesk.com/wp/archives/2010/01/elvis-dumervil-asks-for-your-help-in-haiti-earthquake-disaster/